Author Topic: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4  (Read 130191 times)

Re: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4
« Reply #390 on: November 25, 2009, 09:35:08 PM »
THANK YOU. The only reason I managed to 1cc IaMP lunatic was because FOR ONCE Yukari both activated a spell card AND used it before getting knocked into the infinite loop that is Pandemonium. It's like some esoteric knowledge of fighting game fans how to make IaMP do the moves you want when you want.
Touhou fighters have extremely easy inputs compared to other fighting games.  You don't have any of that 632146HPKSHDKS632146H crap that other fighters have.

* Lifespring Infinity waits for someone to figure out what attack that input is and tell him it's easy.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #391 on: November 25, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »
SoEW Lunatic takes stupid to WHOLE NEW LEVELS.
This is ironic in the sense that SoEW is the first Touhou shmup.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #392 on: November 25, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »
**** yes. No Deaths Normal Orin boss fight MarisaB.

**** No, How did I die that 4 times during the stage practice during the stage portion. Still, knowing I could potentially no death the stage in an actual run is great.

Okay, what the Hell SA Stage 4 Hard? Was trying to unlock the stages on Hard for practice and couldn't get past this.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:21:14 PM by Enigma »

« Reply #393 on: November 25, 2009, 10:22:49 PM »
Okay, what the Hell SA Stage 4 Hard? Was trying to unlock the stages on Hard for practice and couldn't get past this.

Lunatic makes it look like a joke. I'm not kidding.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Bananamatic

« Reply #394 on: November 25, 2009, 10:36:50 PM »
Lunatic makes it look like a joke. I'm not kidding.
It's just.....THESE LASERS.
And BoWaP. I keep failing it.

« Reply #395 on: November 25, 2009, 11:00:59 PM »
I have only myself to blame for this, but SoEW Lunatic takes stupid to WHOLE NEW LEVELS.
Technically the only difference between SoEW Hard and Lunatic is that defeated enemies in Lunatic fire revenge bullets at you.

'Course, considering how much the game hates players that ends up being a much bigger issue than it would be if it were like that in any other game...

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #396 on: November 25, 2009, 11:48:52 PM »
Why is it that EVERY SINGLE TIME I go up against Sakuya, I have at the very, very least one death that least me screaming "WHAT THE FREAKING HELL JUST HIT ME?!" No, seriously. Why? And then Remi did it too on Young Demon Lord, wasting three precious, precious bombs. If it weren't for those two utterly ridiculous deaths, then maybe, just MAYBE I could have 1cc'd EoSD Hard. It doesn't help that the deathbomb time sometimes goes into the negatives instead of just really small for some random reason T_T

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #397 on: November 26, 2009, 12:22:37 AM »
pandemonium

what the hell is this i dont even

« Reply #398 on: November 26, 2009, 12:28:42 AM »
pandemonium

what the hell is this i dont even
IaMP, StB, or SA?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #399 on: November 26, 2009, 12:53:24 AM »
From his past comments I'd say IaMP.

Out of curiosity, who are you using? I figured out a strategy, but it's very high-risk and requires you to enter the attack with at least one spare life. Just remember that no matter what, Pandemonium can't kill you while you're blocking. Also don't forget that F11 activates stage practice.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #400 on: November 26, 2009, 12:58:59 AM »
I couldn't even make it to Satori on those attempts.

And I wouldn't have been facing Border of Wave and Particle anyway. I would have been facing Mercury Poison, Princess Undine, and Philosopher's Stone.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #401 on: November 26, 2009, 01:20:20 AM »
Out of curiosity, who are you using? I figured out a strategy, but it's very high-risk and requires you to enter the attack with at least one spare life. Just remember that no matter what, Pandemonium can't kill you while you're blocking. Also don't forget that F11 activates stage practice.

I'm trying different characters at the moment. For that attempt I used Patchy mainly because of projectile spam and Royal Nuke.  :V
But she's probably not the best choice, because I couldn't get a single hit in after Suika wrecks your HUD at Pandemonium.
I might just borrow your thread because I doubt I'm going to be able to do this without any help.

Also, I think I figured out how to use spell cards properly now. You have to slowly move in the neccesary directions instead of doing a fast sweeping motion.
Still can't do this consistently though.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 01:25:23 AM by Jaimers »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #402 on: November 26, 2009, 01:22:32 AM »
Go ahead, it's not meant to be just my thread anyway. And actually Patchy is the best choice. She's not as broken as Aya/Medicine in PoFV, but she's the easiest to use.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #403 on: November 26, 2009, 05:02:46 AM »
Of course I'd have to game over on Hourai Jewel instead of actually getting my IN Hard 1cc -_-

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #404 on: November 26, 2009, 05:20:50 AM »
Go ahead, it's not meant to be just my thread anyway. And actually Patchy is the best choice. She's not as broken as Aya/Medicine in PoFV, but she's the easiest to use.
Patchy was the only way I could 1cc IaMP Normal; she has so many varied projectiles that she can basically take out anything.  SWR is much more forgiving, I find. 

And then it throws things like "Doppler Effect" or "All Things Reunite In Death" at you.  And I find that SWR is a truly hateful game, and that both of them are difficult enough to rank as official Touhou games.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #405 on: November 26, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »
It's just.....THESE LASERS.
And BoWaP. I keep failing it.

Replay:  :)
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6168

You can be proactive against the lasers and make them a non-threat.

BoWaP is only hard at two specific moments: when you're entering into the pattern for the first time, and when you're readjusting after the "wave" comes around. The rest of it can be done by looking above your sprite rather than at your hitbox, a bit like VoWG.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #406 on: November 26, 2009, 06:22:38 PM »
Damnit Parsee, you and your midboss spellcard

Bananamatic

« Reply #407 on: November 26, 2009, 06:40:08 PM »
Replay:  :)
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6168

You can be proactive against the lasers and make them a non-threat.

BoWaP is only hard at two specific moments: when you're entering into the pattern for the first time, and when you're readjusting after the "wave" comes around. The rest of it can be done by looking above your sprite rather than at your hitbox, a bit like VoWG.

I always get raped by the wave part. Always :V

« Reply #408 on: November 26, 2009, 06:52:02 PM »
I always get raped by the wave part. Always :V

But but but...you just move a little! That's all!
Quote from Myosotis:

Bananamatic

« Reply #409 on: November 26, 2009, 08:22:07 PM »
But but but...you just move a little! That's all!
Is it aimed or something? :V

The little bullets are easy enough to dodge in the middle, but then the wave comes along.....*clip*

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #410 on: November 26, 2009, 09:18:53 PM »
SA, got to Utsuho's last card with one life, miraculously survive until the end. Then, when she's already exploding I run into a small white bullet...game over. Please excuse me while I go and hit my head against something hard...

Drake

« Reply #411 on: November 26, 2009, 10:10:04 PM »
Consistently game overing at Ichirin Hard. But she's so easy. Argh why.
NO EXCEPTIONS

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Bananamatic

« Reply #412 on: November 26, 2009, 10:15:57 PM »
NO EXCEPTIONS

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING
Looks desynced to me :V

Drake

« Reply #413 on: November 26, 2009, 10:19:04 PM »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #414 on: November 27, 2009, 12:11:26 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything from stage 2 onward on IN Hard is making me want to destroy things. Seriously, WHY AM I FAILING SO MANY DEATHBOMBS?! HOW THE HELL AM I GETTING HIT BY THIS STUFF?!! AARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: So, decided to go on to MS since IN wasn't going that well... I have to wonder, why is it that EVERY SINGLE TIME I play this game on Hard, I game over at Yumeko's blue streaming hell? It never fails. Ever.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 02:22:03 AM by ShiningDrake »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #415 on: November 27, 2009, 03:01:48 AM »

1 Death on Vajra. Of all things. I swear I'm going to AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH so hard.
I pray that it stays a 1 Death clear.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #416 on: November 27, 2009, 05:23:45 AM »
My throat seriously hurts... From all of my roaring with rage at IN Hard and LLS Extra. Dear god... x.x

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #417 on: November 27, 2009, 06:32:16 AM »
Game overed with three bombs on Mima FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #418 on: November 27, 2009, 12:17:23 PM »
I haven't played for over a week =(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Formless God

« Reply #419 on: November 27, 2009, 03:01:37 PM »
Got Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana to 58 seconds. Why does this thing rely so much on luck ? D:

My hand pretty much moved on its own after the 7th wave >>