Author Topic: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4  (Read 130182 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4
« Reply #360 on: November 24, 2009, 04:49:16 AM »
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the actual stage part of Stage 1 in SA is harder than the stage part of Stage 2.
That's because it is.  Significantly so.  And you can throw the midboss and boss on there for good measure.

Also: ALL THINGS REUNITE IN DEATH

WHAT THE HELL

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #361 on: November 24, 2009, 05:02:08 AM »
Oh awesome I guess I'm qualified to give advice on the fighting games now.

ADFASFFFFF I'm starting to REALLY hate Patchouli for her bullshit first spellcard in UNL because it takes so fucking long to beat but worst of all whenever I go to attack I get counter hit by some fucking tiny bullet that comes out of nowhere. And then that messes up the flow of the card so the giant rings go all over the place.

Take your time on this one. Remember that Patchy is vulnerable when she's forming a ring, so 236 her. Also note that as long as the fire ring isn't moving, any projectiles can move through it, so throw in a 5C while you're at it. It takes a long time but if you're careful it's not that hard.

Why did Tasofro have to give Meiling such a shitty backdash? It has so much vulnerablilty it's rediculous. Accidently backdash during any attack and your dead.

No comment because you're right. ;>_> Though I can't think of ANYONE with a good backdash.

Also Marisa's first spellcard also sucks because it takes forever and I always get counterhit by some random star that hasen't moved far enough into the floor yet.

Protip: 236 can go thorugh the star barrier. Time it well and you can cut down the time this one takes significantly.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

« Reply #362 on: November 24, 2009, 05:04:55 AM »
Hey Donut:

Also: ALL THINGS REUNITE IN DEATH

WHAT THE HELL

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #363 on: November 24, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »
Ah.  SA is getting a bit frustrating.  Let's kick back and relax with a nice game of PCB Normal...

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6663/arrrrrrrrrrrgh.jpg

:'(

« Reply #364 on: November 24, 2009, 05:34:43 AM »
Oh awesome I guess I'm qualified to give advice on the fighting games now.

Take your time on this one. Remember that Patchy is vulnerable when she's forming a ring, so 236 her. Also note that as long as the fire ring isn't moving, any projectiles can move through it, so throw in a 5C while you're at it. It takes a long time but if you're careful it's not that hard.

No comment because you're right. ;>_> Though I can't think of ANYONE with a good backdash.

Protip: 236 can go thorugh the star barrier. Time it well and you can cut down the time this one takes significantly.
Unfortunately I can't do some of that since I use Meiling's alt 236, the rainbow spinning one, as it allows me to take out Alice in a matter of seconds (spin spin spin KO!)

Anyways biggest problem is lack of patience on my part. I guess I'll try agian tommorow.

nintendonut888

« Reply #365 on: November 24, 2009, 05:37:38 AM »
Hmm...you say you can't use THE story mode utility move because you're replacing it with another move...

Gee, I don't know how to help ya here. Sorry. :(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #366 on: November 24, 2009, 05:38:28 AM »
Oh you already beat it? Derp, and here I thought I could beat you at something. :V

(welp there's always Ijiyatsu heheheheh)

Anyways at least it doesn't seem impossible like it did when I first tried. Like I said all due to a lack of patience on my part :V

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #367 on: November 24, 2009, 05:53:53 AM »
With much practice, I captured Ichirin's cards with ease. ;D
Now I can't clear stage 1 and 2. ARGHAL BRAGHAL!!!!!

Formless God

« Reply #368 on: November 24, 2009, 06:04:22 AM »
Byakuren Easy Pacifist: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6125
TWO deaths at Light Magic, ONE death at 2 sec of Flying Fantastica.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

EDIT: Oh wait why did I turn yellow all of a sudden ?  :V

theshirn

« Reply #369 on: November 24, 2009, 06:14:08 AM »
EDIT: Oh wait why did I turn yellow all of a sudden ?  :V
You have pleased Suwako, clearly.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #370 on: November 24, 2009, 06:38:39 AM »
Had a nice run going, just taking out Alice 5/1 (I've ended up mostly ragerestarting lately to get at the least this clearing stage 3). Game freezes before stage 4 starts. Absolutely no precedent of any sorts for it, completely out of the blue.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2009, 10:28:52 AM »

Didn't even see the red butterfly hitting me until I watched the replay.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #372 on: November 24, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
Had a nice IN run where I capped all five of Kaguya's main cards plus her first Last Spell, but the replay doesn't save. So, I go back into practice to do it again, then go on to fail nine cards.
Sigh .....

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #373 on: November 24, 2009, 05:59:17 PM »
I had a nice EoSD run going duruing lunch time.  Stages 1+2 perfect, during Stage 3's midboss, I had to open a door for someone, got back into it, no problems there.  Someone comes over and decides to talk to me, I die 3 times during the fight against her, on her noncards at that.  Game overed right before the lazers on stage 4.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #374 on: November 24, 2009, 06:42:13 PM »
SARIEL SARIEL SARIEL SARIEL SARIEL MOTHERFUCKING SARIEL

Third time she robbed me of a 1cc! Why does she have a second form anyway!?
I would have 1cc'd lunatic if I just had one more bomb. ;_;

Anyway, HRtP is a complete blast.  :D
I can't believe I've missed out on this for such a long time.

theshirn

« Reply #375 on: November 24, 2009, 08:40:59 PM »
You know, if the FREAKIN' HITBOXES would be constant, I'd probably have beat tHRtP along time ago.  But they're all over the place.  I keep getting killed by what appear to be clear misses, yet the orb has to be almost dead center before it'll flip a tile.  This is driving me insane uhfksjbadfk.sdbgufjklbguafjkldguasbfkgabdkfg,auvuohylfj

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #376 on: November 24, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
You know, if the FREAKIN' HITBOXES would be constant, I'd probably have beat tHRtP along time ago.

I despise HRtP hitboxes. Seriously, Reimu's hitbox is LARGER THAN HER SPRITE, while the sprite/hitbox ratio for the bosses is similar to playable Reimu in later games.

Jaimers

« Reply #377 on: November 24, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »
I despise HRtP hitboxes. Seriously, Reimu's hitbox is LARGER THAN HER SPRITE, while the sprite/hitbox ratio for the bosses is similar to playable Reimu in later games.

Reimu's hitbox is actually smaller when she's sliding.
But yeah, standing up she has a pretty megaman style hitbox.

Bananamatic

« Reply #378 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:14 PM »
Atleast that you don't die when you touch the walls :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #379 on: November 24, 2009, 11:39:52 PM »
Atleast that you don't die when you touch the walls :V

Also FFFF Marisa's LW. I've gotten to 2 seconds SO MUCH TIMES

nintendonut888

« Reply #380 on: November 25, 2009, 04:06:14 AM »
Ugh, SoEW stage 1 is so horrible. It takes forever yet due to lunatic's randomness I die way more often on it than I should. I just want to get a decent-looking run for Youtube. T_T

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #381 on: November 25, 2009, 05:11:21 AM »
1 Death timeout of "Sinking Vortex". I was a derpsicle and lost control with 10 seconds to go, and ended up colliding (not clipping) into a wall at 4.5 seconds.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Drake

« Reply #382 on: November 25, 2009, 05:54:39 AM »
Consistently game overing at Ichirin Hard. But she's so easy. Argh why.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

theshirn

« Reply #383 on: November 25, 2009, 07:43:49 AM »
BLOODY FREAKIN' HELLFIRE

WHAT THE CRAP

SA

WHAT THE CRAP

Die on Stage 3 for the first time, fine, no power, Mt. Ooe, I'm crap at it.  Die with power on S4.  Die to Satori, but with no power.  S5?  DIE DIE DIE with 2 or more power every time.  Including an absolutely WHAT THE HELL clipdeath as midboss Orin cleared...on the timeout, since I had only two power and couldn't kill her.  Then two "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" clips on Orin's first and second noncards (though I did get her first card).

ALRIGHT SERIOUSLY

This of course doesn't count all the S1&2 restarts...

GRAHHHHHHH

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #384 on: November 25, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »
So I finally opened StB up after not playing it for months.

Wait, where did that bullet come from?
Why did I just run into that wall?
Why is Aya's focus speed so fast/slow?
How did I just run through that wall?
Why can't I clear anything on Scene 3 or 4?

I better be playing bad because it's 4:30 in the morning or else I'm going to start playing games on Lunatic.

Jaimers

« Reply #385 on: November 25, 2009, 05:06:11 PM »
Dear lord, why is it so stupid difficult to activate a spellcard in IaMP!?
REGISTER GODDAMIT
I'm seriously considering making a macro because this is retarded.

« Reply #386 on: November 25, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »
SA Extra no-vertical, had a perfect stage run followed by all three deaths on Ancestors Standing Beside Your Bed.

What.

Also I see Relm and Ultros in your avatar Baity and it makes me smile :V

« Reply #387 on: November 25, 2009, 05:49:04 PM »
Consistently game overing at Ichirin Hard. But she's so easy. Argh why.

Because lasers are confusing, her first card is a mess, her second card requires you to follow a strict train of thought (or die) and her third non-spell is just plain dumb.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

nintendonut888

« Reply #388 on: November 25, 2009, 07:18:31 PM »
Dear lord, why is it so stupid difficult to activate a spellcard in IaMP!?
REGISTER GODDAMIT
I'm seriously considering making a macro because this is retarded.

THANK YOU. The only reason I managed to 1cc IaMP lunatic was because FOR ONCE Yukari both activated a spell card AND used it before getting knocked into the infinite loop that is Pandemonium. It's like some esoteric knowledge of fighting game fans how to make IaMP do the moves you want when you want.

theshirn

« Reply #389 on: November 25, 2009, 09:24:13 PM »
I have only myself to blame for this, but SoEW Lunatic takes stupid to WHOLE NEW LEVELS.