Author Topic: Numbers Mafia - Scum Win, Q.E.D.  (Read 41020 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Numbers Mafia - Int Night = 2;
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »
S!

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »
_ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ E    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ S

No O
1 S

6 shots left.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2009, 09:00:43 PM »
T

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2009, 09:07:20 PM »
_ _ _ T _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ E    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ S

1 T.

O

6 shots left.

It occurs to me I could've picked a harder word.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2009, 09:13:46 PM »
L~!

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2009, 09:16:31 PM »
_ _ LT _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ LE    _ _ L _ _ L _ S

4 Ls

O

6 shots left.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2009, 09:51:55 PM »
{M}

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2009, 09:53:38 PM »
N~!

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2009, 10:05:10 PM »
A.

As in, ARRGH MY PARENTS TOOK MY COMPUTER AWAY AND I DIDN'T GET IT BACK UNTIL JUST A LITTLE WHILE AGO!!! ._.; I'd been playing UNL for a while last night and didn't get a chance to even look at this topic again before my computer got taken away T_T

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2009, 10:07:03 PM »
M _ LT _ - _ A _ _ A _ LE    _ A L _ _ L _ S

3 A's.
No N.
1 M.

O N

5 shots left.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »
U, I.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2009, 10:36:56 PM »
MULTI - _ A _ IA _ LE    _ AL _ ULUS

2 I's
3 U's

O N

5 shots left.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2009, 10:39:08 PM »
C

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2009, 10:41:32 PM »
MULTI - _ A _ IA _ LE    CALCULUS

2 C's

O N

5 shots left.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »
Multi-Variable Calculus

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2009, 10:50:02 PM »
Multi-Variable Calculus
DING DING DING

You got it right.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »
Silly ShiningDrake, you shouldn't have needed that C.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »
Oh, I knew that the C would reveal that word to be calculus. I'm currently facepalming at not realizing that the remaining part was "variable" >.<

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Numbers Mafia - Int Day = 3;
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »
"You know what?"

To the amazement of everyone watching, one of the numbers started to utter words.

"I'm tired of this game. I'm only playing along with your facade, and you bore me. The mafia would have killed me tonight, anyway, so nothing is truly lost..."

The chalk markings on the board began to glow slightly, as the number's voice (...?) became louder.

"But before they come for me, I have chosen to eliminate myself."

Suddenly, the room turned a strange shade of red.

"I think, therefore I am. However, as a number, I should be unable to think. Therefore, it follows logically that I do not exist. Good luck to the rest of you~"

The number promptly disappeared in a puff of logic.

-----

Affinity, playing 42, The Ultimate Answer, Townie Cop, disproved himself!

TOWN IS IN LYLO.

You have until Thursday, 1PM (GMT-1) to lynch. With 5 players remaining, 3 are needed for a majority.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »
I'm only going to read D2 since D1 had essentially nothing I could really see as being useful for scumhunting. I will however read whatever people point to and give my own thoughts. That said...

I agree with Pesco 104

Serpy 108: I...don't really see how Zakeri's Ramus vote was bad. I mean, it would have been nice if he didn't commit his own scumtell right thar but it was pretty hard to draw anything anyway. However, the point about "easy on newbies" makes sense.

Drake 110: Somewhat irritating. It sounds like an excuse to sit back. Generally you should have at least pushed something forth and seen what happened. Not sure if that's newbie mistake or intentional lack of analysis.

Zakeri 116: I'm not sure I like how you justify the Ramus thing but I can't really argue it. I'd also like elaboration on why Drake and Pesco are scum.

Pesco 117: Alternatively, new players who didn't know who was established or not. Then again, Sol still doesn't seem like a good target. I see what you mean on Affinity but I'm not sure what I think.

Zak 119: How is this different from the others?

Nietz 121: Sorry about just coming back to hammer. And the fact I didn't focus on this game when I was here...sorry. I guess Pesco is decently explained. Who do you think is scum with pesco, if anyone? I'm not sure I agree, but I want to know what you think.

Serpy 125: What makes an explosion townie or scummy?

Pesco 126: And how does this implicate Serp?

Drake 128: I don't like this. It feels like you are jumping onto Pesco's train and restating it.

Nietz 131: I suppose, but there's also the fact that if Serpy had mentioned it D1 then he'd likely have caused the explosion himself. Possibly.

Zak 132: Decent response...I'm not sure I agree with Serp's case on you.

Zak 135: That, however, is a strawman. What he's saying is the initial provocation you gave was scummy. Pesco's replies AFTER Ramus had exploded and continued to do so were townie (in Serp's eyes). That's what I read anyway.

Nietz 138: I'd prefer to see proof of this "arbitraryness"

In conclusion, I have three scum guesses.

Pesco, Zakeri, and Drake.

Pesco, however, comes off as most scummy. At first it seems he's trying to help town, ask questions, etc...but his cases are rather weak, and his questions seem to be more for information rather than actually useful things to be analyzed. His NK speculation could go either way, to be honest, but it is a nice way to try to mislead us on the NK's reasoning.

Zakeri mostly defended yesterday, though it was decent defense. Serp's case wasn't strong on you. What irritates me is your strawman, however. You attacked something that wasn't true about Serp's arguments. I'm still ambivalent here.

Drake, post your analysis on every player, firm thoughts on each, and don't copy other people's work.

Ok, the cops dead. Zakeri is at the very least a safe vote. As is drake. Pesco is the least safe but also my strongest case.

I won't vote yet.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2009, 05:51:28 PM »
1. It's Lylo
2. At best, I think Affinity investigated Sol N1 because of this and his late vote on Zak in retrospect.

Pesco 117: Alternatively, new players who didn't know who was established or not. Then again, Sol still doesn't seem like a good target.

SDrake is still a new player.

Pesco 126: And how does this implicate Serp?

Serp's assumption looked bad. As if he knew Ramus would be a mislynch.

Much posting needed from SDrake now!

I'm prefering SDrake lynch first then Zak right now.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2009, 05:58:01 PM »
SDrake is still a new player.

He is. But is there anyone else here who would allow him to kill Sol?

Serp's assumption looked bad. As if he knew Ramus would be a mislynch.

I don't see that, actually. I saw him being neutral at first and not wanting to cause and explosion because we do know how those end.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »
I'll try to get an analysis of different players up, but I somehow don't think that I'm going to get done before I end up heading to my piano lessons.

By the way, WHY DO YOU ALL INSIST ON TALKING SO MUCH WHEN I'M NOT HERE?!!!! Dear god... Half the conversation happens when I'm asleep/otherwise unable to look at the topic <_<

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2009, 06:09:30 PM »
I'll try to get an analysis of different players up, but I somehow don't think that I'm going to get done before I end up heading to my piano lessons.

By the way, WHY DO YOU ALL INSIST ON TALKING SO MUCH WHEN I'M NOT HERE?!!!! Dear god... Half the conversation happens when I'm asleep/otherwise unable to look at the topic <_<

Then post when you are here. I want that analysis as soon as humanly possible.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2009, 06:14:55 PM »
Just because people are asleep doesn't mean you can just not do anything. Affinity and my times are well within yours for plenty of discussion.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »
...After rereading things, (not sure how I did it already) all I can say is that I'm freaking clueless and should not be in this game, as I am noticing absolutely nothing I can think about commenting on for anyone.. I'm not going to bother saying anything else, but I just feel like a complete failure. I'm gonna ask to be replaced and hope that if anyone is willing to replace me, they can somehow make up for my completely sucking all game. I fail at Mafia. I just fail.

@ Mods: I request to be replaced.

That's all. I'm sorry I just got in the way, and hopefully town won't lose because I suck so badly x.x

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2009, 06:23:34 PM »
:dealwithit:

Asking to be replaced in LyLo of all times is extremely rude.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2009, 07:11:01 PM »
Drake: Request denied. No replacements at Lylo - it's far too much stress on the replacee. T_T

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2009, 07:12:01 PM »
I hate this LyLo. I have reason to be at least a little suspicious of everyone, and one wrong vote can possibly lead to a scum quickhammer.

On Pesco I still have the same gripes as yesterday, namely: being smug and provocative towards Ramus and weak vote against Affinity. Plus, while I agreed with the contradictions he pointed on Serp, I didn't like how that ended up polarizing the day into Zakeri vs Serpentarius instead of Zakeri vs Pesco, as I though it would turn out.

On Zakeri, there's the same kind of attitude as Pesco towards Ramus, but more in the sense of provoking him and then sitting out, which I find slightly less scummy than Pesco's. Plus, Affinity was onto him yesterday, so there's a possibility he had a result on him.

UK and Drake are a bit of wildcards to me. There's not much from any of them, so it's hard to judge.
UK was absent the whole of D2, but her latest posts give me some legit scumhunting vibe.
SDrake had some more participation, but very little of original content, looks like newbscum trying to look active. His request for substitution is awfully anti-game, but it does sound a little like town meta.

Nietz 121: Sorry about just coming back to hammer. And the fact I didn't focus on this game when I was here...sorry. I guess Pesco is decently explained. Who do you think is scum with pesco, if anyone? I'm not sure I agree, but I want to know what you think.

Nietz 138: I'd prefer to see proof of this "arbitraryness"
Right now, Pesco/Zakeri and Pesco/Drake are my best bets.
As for Serp's arbitraryness, it was my opinion that he was tunneling on Zakeri and letting Pesco go without a convincing explanation as to why their actions were more or scummy or townish than the other's.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2009, 07:14:21 PM »
Well, we both agree on Pesco at least, so, we probably SHOULD lynch him today.

As for Serp's arbitraryness, it was my opinion that he was tunneling on Zakeri and letting Pesco go without a convincing explanation as to why their actions were more or scummy or townish than the other's.

Nyeh...I guess it should have been better explained but overall I didn't get that.