Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... (volume 2)  (Read 205284 times)

Formless God

Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... (volume 2)
« Reply #870 on: February 16, 2010, 06:34:22 AM »
EoSD's tracks are all 4:00 minutes long ?

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #871 on: February 16, 2010, 08:04:57 AM »
It seems while drinking sugar cane earlier, I thought of a similiar looking plant called Bamboo...
and I began to have odd fantasies of Mokou serving me a glass of sugarcane.

how strange.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #872 on: February 16, 2010, 05:19:43 PM »
did you flinch the girls who didn't show enough armpit by lifting their arms?

or tearing a hole in their costume?

Maybe encourage them to life their arms up more by giving them an "armpit-tastic" example?  :V
-Hides pair of scissors-
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:57:28 AM by Aoshi »
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Tanongi

« Reply #873 on: February 17, 2010, 07:04:28 AM »
Today I spent 6 hours non-stop grinding, sanding and polishing at my shop.  My Ipod blasted every touhou song I could fit in there, (Official and non-official [Mostly Innocent Key, RedAlice, COOL&CREATE, and Silver Forest) at nearly max volume to cancel the sound of the buffing wheel and surrounding shop noises.

Now I have a huge batch of a customers parts shiny as a diamond and I enjoyed doing it singing along to COOL&CREATE's Locked Girl.

Fuck yeah.  8)

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #874 on: February 17, 2010, 06:10:05 PM »
So today I finally passed my personal challenge.  What challenge you ask?  Get through my 8AM course without thinking about Touhou at any point during the class.  Only took about 6 weeks  :V

Of course, it doesn't help that there's someone in the class named Takuya, and I failed several times because someone I know said "Touhou," plus I usually show up to class with a Touhou song of some sort stuck in my head.  Not today though!  Today was exam day, so no random distractions.

« Reply #875 on: February 17, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »
So ... going cold-tengu, then?

Astri Cloudberry

• Eyebrow moecon
  • Distressed kitten is distressed.
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #876 on: February 17, 2010, 09:29:16 PM »
Ate a granola bar some time ago. Unfortunately, part of it fell to the floor. When I went to collect it, I noticed that a particular piece of granola looked identical to one of those little arrow danmaku (think Yuugi's first spellcard), complete with hitbox and all.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #877 on: February 17, 2010, 09:32:35 PM »
In an example in Spanish class, we had to shout out names to demonstrate something about adjectives.

I volunteered "Marisa" and "Luiza". :V

Aoshi-shi

« Reply #878 on: February 17, 2010, 10:49:30 PM »
To sum up what I said before.
Err, yeahhh....
Art Thread -->
 |PADherder

Toasty

« Reply #879 on: February 18, 2010, 01:01:35 AM »
I can't believe I passed up the button up shirt the same color as koishi's.

I could have worn it like a jacket with my black hat and attacked my family with depths [genetics of the subconcious]

Like this

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #880 on: February 18, 2010, 01:40:47 AM »
If you take up fifteen minutes of your time to prove this right, and find that Cirno truly is a genius. Link leads to Danbooru. Be wary.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Gpop

« Reply #881 on: February 18, 2010, 01:44:23 AM »
I can't believe I passed up the button up shirt the same color as koishi's.

I could have worn it like a jacket with my black hat and attacked my family with depths [genetics of the subconcious]

Like this

I have a yellow buttoned shirt in my closet somewhere. I haven't used it in a while actually.

I don't have a green skirt, but I do have green shorts I believe, and pants too.

I'm just missing the hat though.

(That comic is always so hilarious to see Satori run in circles XD)

Anyways, we did some matchmaker thing a while ago for our school. We got the results, and my friend, who registered himself as Sigmund Freud, somehow got me as most compatible friend, and vice versa.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #882 on: February 18, 2010, 04:27:45 PM »
When you actually start to make theories and questions regarding the Touhous' anatomies. Over half of the cast is some part-beast or part-object. Combining the features of beasts and objects with human anatomy will deliver a bit more curious things than just moe ears and tails.
Don't read if you can get squicked rather easily.

If Yuuka became pregnant (or rather, 'pollinated'), would she bear the child the normal way... or will fruit and seeds start growing out of her hair instead? Does she use photosynthesis for nutrition? Does she even possess reproductive organs or is she as anatomicaly correct as a barbie doll? Does her hair change color per season (green in summer, brown in fall, grey in winter and pink in spring)? Being a Flower youkai might make quite some human habits and needs obsolete.

Is chocolate poisonous for Momiji? How could Aya get it on with Reimu or Momiji when we can assume she has bird anatomy and is thus incompatible with mammals? (Cloaca's work alot differently than mammal or reptilian reproductive organs)

Female frogs are bigger than male frogs. Female frogs carry the males on their backs when mating.
So are Suwako and Pyonta.......?

Insects lay lots of eggs. Does this mean that Wriggle has about 200+ brothers and sisters? Big family... Also, does Wriggle eat her mates?

Ran and Chen are basicaly Yukari's pets. Does this mean Yukari has to bring them to the vet frequently? And did they get ummm....
Spoiler:
neutered?

Do Remilia and Flandre sleep upside down hanging to the ceiling?

Does Nazrin need to eat three times her body weight a day, like most mouses?

Ok, the Ran & Chen and Suwako & Pyonta ones were so incredibly wrong in so many ways....
Actually, I think I can use most of these as jokes in fan fics.... but now I told them all already.... whoops.....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:53:11 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Astri Cloudberry

• Eyebrow moecon
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #883 on: February 18, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »
Does her hair change color per season (green in summer, brown in fall, grey in winter and pink in spring)?

Someone has to illustrate this.

Is chocolate poisonous for Momiji?

Awwwn. :( Poor Momi can't celebrate Valetine's Day.

... When you're browsing this forum in the middle of class.  :V

« Reply #884 on: February 18, 2010, 06:31:01 PM »
When you actually come up with answers to the above!

Anatomy
This seems to be a "pregnant Ranma problem," and ZUN's response would be the same as Rumiko Takahashi's, "I don't think about this and neither should you!"

That said, they have "human" bodies. This means they probably have human stomachs and human naughtybits, too.

Female frogs are bigger than male frogs. Female frogs carry the males on their backs when mating.
So are Suwako and Pyonta.......?
No. "Pyonta" is a hat, and anyway she's wearing it on her head, not her back.

Ran and Chen are basicaly Yukari's pets. Does this mean Yukari has to bring them to the vet frequently? And did they get ummm....
Spoiler:
neutered?
Apples and oranges. The difference between "pets" and "shikigami" is, in my understanding, approximately as big as the difference between pets and wives. So while the chain of logic may be good, the premise is incorrect.

Do Remilia and Flandre sleep upside down hanging to the ceiling?
Apples and sailboats. They're vampires, not bats. Presumably they sleep in coffins.

Does Nazrin need to eat three times her body weight a day, like most mouses?
Again, human stomach.

youkai_R_US

• You are about to enter the border of laziness!
« Reply #885 on: February 18, 2010, 08:37:34 PM »
Somehow during gym class my friends and I got on the topic of Jesus and all that, my friends asked me if I believed in Jesus I nodded and said " Yes but I prefer Youkai Jesus."
Sadly they did not understand  :V

« Reply #886 on: February 18, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »
Sadly they did not understand  :V
And my parents wonder why I keep my damn mouth shut about what interests me.

Aoshi-shi

« Reply #887 on: February 18, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
Someone has to illustrate this.

I would love to draw that. Unless someone beats me to the punch, that is.  :V :ohdear:
I'm posting too much Touhou crap on my DeviantART, anyways.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:53:33 PM by Aoshi »
Art Thread -->
 |PADherder

necorelli

• i'll stab you with an end pin
    • twitter
« Reply #888 on: February 18, 2010, 11:54:05 PM »
When you snicker whenever someone says "pads"
my cello is a bit too big

Aoshi-shi

« Reply #889 on: February 19, 2010, 12:02:44 AM »
When you snicker whenever someone says "pads"

I saw this one commercial where this one guy came up to this lost and found desk [thing] and said, "I found these by the stairs." and put down what looked like pads on the desk. So then I laughed and thought, "Oh, maybe Sakuya got careless and forgot her pads." Then the commercial went on and the man at the desk said, "Oh, those are love-handles."
I got a little sick.   :/
Art Thread -->
 |PADherder

Astri Cloudberry

• Eyebrow moecon
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #890 on: February 19, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »
There's the obvious Dio/Sakuya comparison to be made when reading some JoJo, but what caught my attention was the magazine ad about breast-inhancing inserts read by Joseph and Smokey near the beginning of Part II.  ;)

Also, just got back from dinner with sis and daddums. After foolishly trying to squeeze through a parking spot diagonal to ours to get out of the lot quicker, dad admits he wasn't sure if there was something there or not (which there was) so he "took it easy". Cue stifled snerking.

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #891 on: February 19, 2010, 12:56:29 AM »
...you set up an account to this forum.

Formless God

« Reply #892 on: February 19, 2010, 01:00:09 AM »
I woke up with Reincarnation playing inside my head.

« Reply #893 on: February 19, 2010, 01:13:03 AM »
when you read Sawako as Suwako~or in acting class you pick an emotion and the first one that comes to mind is Jealousy~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #894 on: February 19, 2010, 01:14:41 AM »
You name some Pokemon after Touhou characters.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #895 on: February 19, 2010, 02:27:18 AM »
When you spend the day before the biggest interview of your life filling downtime with danmaku instead of studying. Sweet mercy, I gotta relearn everything about immunology by TOMORROW.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #896 on: February 19, 2010, 03:45:41 AM »
You name some Pokemon after Touhou characters.
I did this with Disgaea too.

« Reply #897 on: February 19, 2010, 03:49:44 AM »
When seeing Tin Foil you get Mokou's theme in your head

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #898 on: February 19, 2010, 06:49:44 AM »
I consider myself Yuuka Expert

and....

If Yuuka became pregnant (or rather, 'pollinated'), would she bear the child the normal way... or will fruit and seeds start growing out of her hair instead? Does she use photosynthesis for nutrition? Does she even possess reproductive organs or is she as anatomicaly correct as a barbie doll? Does her hair change color per season (green in summer, brown in fall, grey in winter and pink in spring)? Being a Flower youkai might make quite some human habits and needs obsolete.

Yuuka probably requires a bird to eat some seeds off her to grow into a new kid... which is pretty useful. There is a Mystia link here or a few other relative birds, Utsuho, Aya, Tokiko, etc who can all (???) x Yuuka. fan relationships.

Since plants do require pollination I reckon the priest would have to be Wriggle...

---

Yes, she does. This is my idea of it, and well, there is a doujin somewhere that did this stint. Her other more noteworthy food source could be to absorb directly from her flowers the foodsource which they photosynthesize, or perhaps she herself roots to the ground and absorb the rich earthen nutrients derived from rich soil.

----

I reckon she needs not the sort of reproductive organ, but given the human skeletal structure represents every human's form or shape, she certainly most likely have the necessary liver, kidneys, spine, pelvic bones that define the feminine structure. Plus, who would not want to have naughty bits? she has marmaries, might as well complete the collection so when the libido need arises... hehe.

---

She has always been green.
not all plants flower in summer, this you should know, this could well mean her default is green and it turns greener especially in summer perhaps. Green usually means the level of photosynthesis and food source available, so yeah.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #899 on: February 20, 2010, 12:24:44 AM »
@KimikoMuffin: Yeah, most of the questions were pretty stupid in hind sight... though the Flandre & Remilia and the Suwako & Pyonta one were rather jokes than real questions. There were interesing and amusing to theorise over none the less. Touhou Tag Dream did have a joke about Nazrin's mouse-like appetite though, where Nazrin had indeed eaten Shizuha and Minoriko's entire food storage, and afterwards shrugging it off as if it were nothing (despite having quite a swollen belly).
@Shikimeria Alstroxanadu: Good to see not all of my theories were nonsense. These added characteristics and abilities made her even more awesome now 8) She never seizes to amaze me. But yeah, her rather voluptuous body would have no further use if she lacked naughty bits. She mostly possesses a human psych too, so she'd want some 'fun' now and then too.

I am afraid I'm the only one who thinks this, but here goes:

For some reason, Princess Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy reminds me of Yukari. To me they look awfully alike.
Oldest character in continuity? Yes. Possibly most powerful character in the series? Indeed. By far the wisest and most mysterious of the entire main cast? Defiantly. Watches over the entire world? Absolutely.
Am I talking about Yukari....or Rosalina?
It doesn't help they both have blond hair, wear long, fancy dresses and wear their fair share of make-up.
These resemblances have lead me to think that Gensokyo is the antithesis to Mushroom Kingdom, with Yukari and Rosalina parts of one entity, with Rosalina being Order and Yukari Chaos. They both have their own red-clad hero to function as a savior and guardian: Mario and Reimu.
Now that I think about it, a battle between Mario and Reimu would be insanely epic. :V (assuming they both use their serious, badass personas as depicted in their fandoms)

Or Rosalina and Yukari were just twins seperated at birth :V