Author Topic: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments  (Read 184830 times)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2009, 12:45:20 AM »
I moved back into a slow moving shot trying to avoid a faster one that's coming strait at me on PoFV yesterday.

Oh and trying to use the Safe Zone from Cirno's Icicle Fall - Easy the first time I played Normal in ESoD. That was back when I first started.

« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2009, 02:51:18 AM »
Maybe I shouldn't play Touhou when I'm dead tired.

Starting up EoSD normal in an attempt to easily unlock Marisa-A for extra, I fly up and headbutt right into the first fairy that comes into the screen due to me forgetting to actually press fire but still wanting to collect her point item.

I'm not even bothering to give it another try now.

Lucarius

« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2009, 03:16:54 AM »
Losing all 30 matches in SWR on the Very Easy thread. I think Japan's standards are too high.

That's not really embarrassing I guess, just point-blank epic fail.

Makes me really consider whether I need 12.3 or not.

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2009, 11:34:02 AM »
Playing PCB on Normal,  I lose two lives on the first stage.
Well shit. I resisted the urge to rage quit.
I manage to score up more lives before stage 4, and prepared myself to lose them all to 4.
Suprisingly enough, I don't die at all to the prismrivers and their obnoxious stage, so I felt pretty good about myself. I continue onto stage 5.
I go into stage 5 with 4 extra lives.
I lose 3 to midboss youmu.
I lose 1 to actual youmu.
fuck. I'm usually able to beat youmu losing at most 1 life.
I go into stage 6 with no extra lives, lose to a nameless fairy.
D:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:36:34 AM by Pozeal »

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2009, 05:40:26 PM »
Very first thing I did was waste a bomb when there was absoultely nothing on the screen in EoSD this morning...

« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2009, 07:48:14 PM »
Very first thing I did was waste a bomb when there was absoultely nothing on the screen in EoSD this morning...

You pressed the X key while trying to shoot? I do that sometimes, including once when I was trying to shoot Flandre at the beginning of QED. Now I never stop shooting during "And Then Will There Be None?".
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Lucarius

« Reply #276 on: August 11, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »
Today in CS class, there was a passage that read 結果, which is kekka, which means result.

I read it out loud as 結界, which is kekkai, which means barrier or border. You know.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2009, 10:00:57 PM »
Going through a full-game PCB run, it's business as usual for the first four stages.  Then in Stage 5, I get to the two fairies before midboss Youmu, and fail to kill either one of them.  Greedy for point items, I drift down and try to kill them as they fly offscreen, and ram into a bullet as I attempt to do so.  Okay, no big deal.  Minor mistake, just don't do something like that again.  Fast-forward to the boss fight, I capture Hell God Sword (in a real run?  What?)  Not thinking clearly, I then PoC, and die to her trivial (that is, trivial if you don't PoC) second non-card.  I then die to it again because Marisa's a fatty and I clip Youmu's aimed knives.  Follow that with a death to Human Realm Sword soon after, and you have a ragequit on your hands.

It amazes me how I can suddenly play so embarrassingly bad at times.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #278 on: August 14, 2009, 01:34:43 AM »
It's actually easy to PoC after Hell God Sword.  Just go up to Youmu's side to misdirect the giant bullet wedge and drop back underneath.  All you have to worry about are a few stray bullets.

Anyways, I have an embarassing moment that isn't technically Touhou related but still quite relevant;  I played Dodonpachi for the first time ever today.  Hopefully no more explanation is needed.  :V

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #279 on: August 14, 2009, 01:36:39 AM »
Was it with an emulator? Somehow I doubt the game was released for the computer. I actually dreamt last night I was playing that game, and reached the third stage on the second loop on ultra mode my first time. :V Is it really that hard?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »
I just shotgunned Cirno during "Hailstorm".

* BaitySM sighs
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2009, 08:08:12 AM »
I just lost a sightread normal 1cc of UFO because I chose to not bomb the final boss' last spell.

Gotta love hitboxes. Sanae's a bit fat.

Edit: Oh, just remembered, this means I have to do it all over again to unlock Extra. Damnit.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #282 on: August 15, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »
Heh, similar story. I failed my normal 1cc as well. Part of it was clumsiness (Sanae's focus speed is a bit augh), part of it was OMG LAZORZ IN THE FACE and me dying with bombs in stock. Hiziri's a fun final boss though. I especially enjoyed her callback to Shinki's epic attack phase.

Next, I'm going to see if lunatic is any more bearable.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #283 on: August 15, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »
It is now official:  Shinki is dead. *cackles evilly*

I played Ijji Modo for oohs and ahs (science fiction?  In my Touhou?  I very much approve!) and was amused at all the PC-98 references.  Does this mean we have to give a fan-name to the LLS Extra sub-boss now?

And... yes, I failed my Normal 1cc too, at Hiziri's last nonspell.  ReimuA's forward-only shots reeeeeally hurt in the stage portions.  Hiziri's third spell card and the Stage 5 boss's rotating laser spell didn't help at all; I envision myself hating both of those for a little while.

Oh, and an embarrassing moment.  In my Easy run, I intentionally PoC-flew right into the glowing light thingy as it fled the screen in Stage 6.  I didn't think it had a hitbox.  Well guess what--

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #284 on: August 15, 2009, 02:02:38 PM »
Playing UFO Normal...
*clipdeath* *clipdeath* *clipdeath* *clipdeath* *clipdeath*
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2009, 08:13:51 PM »
I was trying to continue spam my way through UFO Stage 5 Lunatic, and, in a moment of stupidity, died, paused, and hit retry.

I'm going to go play something else for a bit.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Janus Cascade

« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2009, 03:29:14 AM »
Every single one of my playthroughs includes something that could qualify for this topic. Though to single out anything, I seem to love reaching stage 5 of PCB on normal with 7-8 lives, and systematically losing each one until I'm left with a single life with no bombs in the beginning of stage 6. Especially when considering that this hasn't happened just once.

« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2009, 04:39:51 AM »
In UFO (on easy), I think my first death occured in stage 4, right after the flashing blue thing midboss. I somehow managed to get walled by fairies in the corner, tried to shoot them down but failed and they collided into me.

I probably could have found a way to the side somewhere, but my first reflex against fairies is always to try to shoot them down. I don't know how big their hitbox is anyway.

Bananamatic

« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2009, 11:05:08 AM »
Had to restart UFO normal since I was completely blinded by Marisa's familiars. They are way too bright and ZUN decided to stick them right in front of her.

Couldn't finish Stage 4 because of that.

« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2009, 11:12:59 AM »
I accidentally double clicked the UFO shortcut when I meant to open TH12.3.

Haha, what a silly mistake, who would ever want to open UFO :D

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »
I am completely discouraged with UFO normal....I want to unlock this extraaaaaaa TT__TT
(.dat file ?)
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »
Completely screwed up on stage 4 on UFO Normal. I got walled all the time by those fairies, and forgot I had bombs apparently.

Then I practiced the stage without using bombs and died only 2 or 3 times (fighting the boss at 1 power most of the time).
Didn't feel like trying again and simply cleared easy with ReimuB. I don't think I'll be able to 1cc Normal today, because it's way too hot. It's like 31C in my room right now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:13:17 PM by Generalguy »

Squishy ;3

« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »
Getting Melee to death by yuyuko

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #293 on: August 17, 2009, 07:35:30 PM »
After 1ccing UFO Normal so soon and being tired of practicing Extra, I decided to give EoSD Extra a try again for old times sake.

I lost all my lives to Cranberry Trap.

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #294 on: August 18, 2009, 06:37:40 AM »
After 1ccing UFO Normal so soon and being tired of practicing Extra, I decided to give EoSD Extra a try again for old times sake.

At least you didn't have to restart 5 times cause you kept dying before midboss patchy. And twice on the first few waves.

« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2009, 06:48:01 AM »

At least you didn't have to restart 5 times cause you kept dying before midboss patchy. And twice on the first few waves.

It's not that embarassing. Nothing in the stage is really trivial, and if you try to reach Patchouli while bombing as least as possible it's very easy to die pretty much anywhere. I probably restarted a good 10 times in a row before reaching midboss Patchouli once.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2009, 12:05:28 PM »
I decreased my score by capturing a Spell Card. But then I was fortunate enough to pick up Point Items to fix that.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »
I always wondered about that.  I thought ZUN used a formula for how fast the spell card bonus decreased.  'Guess not.

« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »
So today, I was going to 1cc EoSD on Easy just for the kicks.  Then I lost my first three lives to Cirno.  I got pissed.  Next stage, I crash myself into the last bullet on the screen.  I got madder and decided to just play it out.  I got to Meirin, I lost a life there.  Next stage, lost two lives there.  Stage 5.  I lose one life on the stage because I accidentally pressed the right arrow key.  Okay, so I'm at 1 continue.  I can beat Sakuya right?

No.  I lose all my lives to Sakuya.

Then I realized that I didn't use one bomb the entire time.  :(

« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »
God fucking dammit Byakuren. (UFO Stage 6 spoilers)