Author Topic: There is no escape. <3  (Read 64451 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: There is no escape. <3
« Reply #840 on: May 13, 2009, 04:24:37 PM »
the insane luckgarbage that is Stage 5 in its entirety...

Ahh, that reminds me. Does MS have that rank system going on? Because I swear it got harder every time I grazed streaming bullets.

EDIT: Headin' out for more graduation related stuff. :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #841 on: May 13, 2009, 04:25:48 PM »
Ahh, that reminds me. Does MS have that rank system going on? Because I swear it got harder every time I grazed streaming bullets.

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe MS has Rank.

I do it on Lunatic and Stage 5 never fails to kill me at least twice, it's hard for me to consistently 1cc it :V

Maybe you should stop playing on Lunatic, then >_>

I've 1cc'd Lunatic MS several times, I'm just driving home the point how much retarded luckgarbage bullshit Stage 5 is.

It is, isn't it? The assortment of bullets is completely random. Red arrows + red lasers + little white ball danmaku + green mini-lasers + other stuff. Stage 5 is essentially "WELCOME TO MAKAI, NOW DODGE THIS".

Basically.

In essence, determination is the main key here. You can do it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:43:00 PM by TranceHime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #842 on: May 13, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »
Mah, indeed.
The cesspool of bad art part.

I have a theory:

anyone who goes to Deviantart without sufficient art background becomes a highly defensive furry.

anyone who goes to Deviantart and has decent art skills eventually becomes Gods.

anyone that goes to Deviantart expecting anime art are guided to furries.

anyone who graduated from Deviantart at some point drawing anime related shit goes to Pixiv.

also/.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYSyvIbTAJA&feature=player_embedded

LOL
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #843 on: May 13, 2009, 06:45:26 PM »
I love MS lunatic stage 5. The first half isn't all that bad, and the second half, while hard, is FUN. I do never get through without one or two deaths though...

If it's that big a problem though, let me share a tip that could probably make stage 5 easier. The midboss isn't that hard (and I hope you agree), right? Well, a replay I saw had the guy all but time out the midboss, get his extend, and drastically cut down on the amount of time you have to deal with bullet hell.

I'm not sure if this is necessary on normal, but the preboss spam of that level is much easier if you take it in a corner of the screen instead of the center.

And about stage 4, this is necessary: Memorize where the ice bullet enemies appear and kill them before they shoot anything. Do this as best as you can.

I'm really rooting for you. YOU CAN DO IT.

EDIT: Also, I tend to have a harder time with MS stage 4, but that may just be my incompetence at that kind of danmaku.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 06:50:30 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #844 on: May 13, 2009, 08:39:18 PM »
...No suggestions for what I should do for my Comp Sci final project? ;_;

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #845 on: May 13, 2009, 08:42:25 PM »
...No suggestions for what I should do for my Comp Sci final project? ;_;
Danmaku pattern generator. Actually just lines to form random shape but replace the line with danmaku dots.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #846 on: May 13, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »
Danmaku pattern generator. Actually just lines to form random shape but replace the line with danmaku dots.
meh, Don't really wanna do Danmaku because:
1.It's probably too hard
2.Turing sucks, and will probably slow down

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #847 on: May 13, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »
ahahahahaha that site

there are a few slashfics written there

nintendonut888

« Reply #848 on: May 13, 2009, 11:00:56 PM »
Bad news everyone. It took me 6 tries to start up my computer. I eventually got it to run by selecting "run last settings that worked", but I don't recall ever having to do anything but run Windows normally. I have no reason to doubt that this means the computer is in its death throes. ;_;
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #849 on: May 13, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »
Good. Now hurry the fuck up and go get another computer :O

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #850 on: May 13, 2009, 11:05:06 PM »
:( That's what I wish. But you know, money is a bit tight right now, with my mom "refinancing our house" and stuff like that. We were hoping it'd last a bit longer than this so money wouldn't be quite an issue.

So what's this I hear about backing up files without a USB or external hard drive?

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #851 on: May 13, 2009, 11:09:34 PM »
So what's this I hear about backing up files without a USB or external hard drive?
CDs. I'd use a DVD but my comp doesn't have a DVD burner, and I'm not moving my files to my brothers computer just to use his. I've backed up all the Touhou 1-12 minus PoFV and the fighting games, so yeah. I'm done doing that.

It's better to use an external HD, anyways. Unless you're only saving a couple of files.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:11:49 PM by SodiumPeroxide »

Gpop

« Reply #852 on: May 13, 2009, 11:10:39 PM »
:( That's what I wish. But you know, money is a bit tight right now, with my mom "refinancing our house" and stuff like that. We were hoping it'd last a bit longer than this so money wouldn't be quite an issue.

Yes. Don't suffer the same mistake I did by NOT saving my files.

nintendonut888

« Reply #853 on: May 13, 2009, 11:18:24 PM »
The thing is though that I barely have any files worth saving. Besides the Touhou games on my USB drive, all I haven't saved that I really would prefer having is RKS (which now that I think about it I should save on my smaller USB drive later), and all my Doom custom levels. Everything else could be gotten again via reinstalling CDs. Still...V_V

But do you guys mean like any blank CD would do? How would you back them up?

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #854 on: May 13, 2009, 11:24:37 PM »
But do you guys mean like any blank CD would do? How would you back them up?
Well, thats how I'm doing it. I take the compressed files I originally "obtained" and put them onto CDs. If I get a new comp, I can just copy and paste the stuff onto said new comp. Then I open them, etc.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #855 on: May 13, 2009, 11:34:59 PM »

Refinancing your house is pretty much adjusting your house's mortgage hopefully to a lower interest rate or better payment terms. The process involves getting a new loan which if you qualify for would be used to payoff your existing mortgage and perhaps other debts on your mom's credit report.

If you guys do it right (in essence, read all your loan documents to make sure you understand the full payment schedule), your monthly payments will hopefully be lighter, saving you money. People deciding they can get by paying $1,500/month for 3 years before their mortgage jumps to $3,000/month is what destroyed so many househoulds in America the past few years because everyone believed banks would continue their easy lending and allow easy refinances. Not sure how difficult it has been for your family.

In the meanwhile, good luck with getting a new computer.

All I really wanted to say is: if you ever get a loan, READ YOUR LOAN DOCUMENTS AND ASK QUESTIONS before you sign your life away.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #856 on: May 13, 2009, 11:37:51 PM »
Sounds like Kiro works for a credit agency.

nintendonut888

« Reply #857 on: May 13, 2009, 11:56:15 PM »
Uh, I have no part in this refinancing. My mom seems to have it under control, but she's hoping that the computer will live until it's finished. She says that if this dies before that (as it likely will now), we'll make getting a new one a bigger priority.

And without going into too much IRL stuff, my dad managed to weasel out of paying $200 in child support a month (IIRC), so all the worse for us.

In the mean time though, if I'm going to draw Tenshi ever, it should probably be tonight.

EDIT: Actually, I could probably go into a nice long post of ranting about my dad, but I'd rather not. I CAN say that after the divorce he took our computer that was actually half-decent.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:07:09 AM by nintendonut888 »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #858 on: May 14, 2009, 12:04:46 AM »
Sounds like Kiro works for a credit agency.

Escrow company. I'm mostly support staff now, but I've done processing work which includes preparing loan documents. You see some incredible things on these loan documents how on the "no-money-down" "stated income" loans from before, their payments start really light and then just increase to WTF range. Are people just blind to see that if you don't have to put any money or collateral down and can just make up any number for your income, that you could expect to get a house without there being a catch? And banks implicitly encouraged this because their underwriting (which is pretty much checking up on a borrower's credentials) was so lax. That's how people managed to qualify for loans they couldn't afford and sometimes didn't fully understand. This particular example shows how it was both the American consumer's as well as the bank's fault for the meltdown.

What got me is that people still took out these loans (whether to buy or refinance their house) disregarding the fact that their mortgage was going to be way out of their budget range around the 3 year mark. Taking on debt and trying to pursue the American Dream, in essence the entire American consumer culture, led to people going "buy buy buy" and the housing bubble. The current drop in prices is a correction that's been long overdue.

Donut: I see. Depending on how much cash you'll get at the end of the refinance, or if your mom will have to spend money to make up the difference, explains that situation. Good luck.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #859 on: May 14, 2009, 12:10:35 AM »
Escrow company.

Oogh, even worse.  Especially these days.

Thankfully, I get to capitalize on other people's misfortune, as I'm in the market for a house myself.  Ho ho ho.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #860 on: May 14, 2009, 12:23:19 AM »
I'm headin' to a friend's graduation after being at Graduation rehearsal and getting around to showerin' now, and it seems like it's time for another MS drilling session again tonight. Thankfully, I have stuff to do in the morning tomorrow, but not for a good portion of the afternoon until we have to drive over to DIA to pick up my teacher from California, so those two times, today and tomorrow, are my last chances to beat Shinki before graduation.

If it really comes down to it, I'd love to beat Shinki the day of graduation -- hell, I'd just love to beat Shinki at all -- but I know that I can be good enough to beat her before I receive my high school diploma. And I want to fulfill the challenge I set before myself.

Wish me luck, guys.

And as for you, Donut: You don't have a father around? Sucks. :( Anyway, good luck with getting a new computer, and best of luck with Tenshi. I'll probably be back later tonight to see how you're doin', so please look forward to it.

nintendonut888

« Reply #861 on: May 14, 2009, 12:37:50 AM »
Well...let's just say that our parent's divorce was not one of those tear filled goodbyes. He's not really a bad person, but he has a LOT of issues.

Also, good luck on MS normal again. Let me know if you need any other tips. I can at least post help at lunch on the school computers once my computer kicks the bucket.

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
« Reply #862 on: May 14, 2009, 01:18:40 AM »
Issues eh....

Is it in any way weird or unsettling that part of me wants to go Afghanistan after I enlist?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #863 on: May 14, 2009, 01:19:21 AM »
EDIT: Also, I tend to have a harder time with MS stage 4, but that may just be my incompetence at that kind of danmaku.

lol suicide to reduce rank!!!!!

Anyway. I can do a no miss up to Stage 5, after that I cannot handle it anymore har har.

@Ruro: Good luck on MS Normal \o/

nintendonut888

« Reply #864 on: May 14, 2009, 02:22:32 AM »
That makes no sense. Due to its length and randomness stage 4 is harder than stage 5 (minus Yumeko). If you can do everything until stage 5 no deaths and then have trouble 1ccing it...wow.

Also @ Ruro: On lunatic the blue bullets are fired in a three way spreadfire...so feel lucky. If it weren't for that, I'd have no complaints about the second half of stage 5 whatsoever.

Easy Mode

« Reply #865 on: May 14, 2009, 02:28:03 AM »
Issues eh....

Is it in any way weird or unsettling that part of me wants to go Afghanistan after I enlist?
My dad was just there on TDY. He's in the air force. He says there isn't much to do there. But they went and made wacky arm waving inflatable tube men out of sandbags.

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #866 on: May 14, 2009, 02:49:40 AM »
hahaha. Really? That kinda sounds like fun, actually.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #867 on: May 14, 2009, 02:55:56 AM »
That makes no sense. Due to its length and randomness stage 4 is harder than stage 5 (minus Yumeko). If you can do everything until stage 5 no deaths and then have trouble 1ccing it...wow.

Rank, nintendonut.

Drake

« Reply #868 on: May 14, 2009, 02:56:07 AM »
So uh lol. I got msn hijacked so I had to make a new email address. Guess what it is?

yukkurishiteittene@live.com

I can't believe it wasn't taken. Like jesus awesome.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #869 on: May 14, 2009, 03:01:12 AM »
Rank, nintendonut.

And...? I never notice rank in the PC-98 games honestly. Maybe it's because I don't pay attention, but I'm still grumbling over the realization that there's noticeable control lag in EoSD.