Author Topic: INVASION! (Game Over, Nobody Wins)  (Read 82406 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: INVASION! (Day 1) - Suspicion~
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2009, 08:17:38 PM »
You're summarizing everything I've done as only poking at Kilga and Suwako, which isn't true.  If you think my vote for Eliphas is out of nowhere you probably missed the part where I called him out for contradicting himself twice in the same post.  I can say you probably did this because you summarized a post where I poked at 5 different people (including Eliphas), none of which were Kilga, as "suwako/kilga raaaaaaeg."

Oh, yes, your ONLY post that doesn't JUST poke Suwako and Kilga. You randomly brought up Eliphas from NOWHERE, honestly. I mean, yes, you gave a one line justification in that post, but seriously? Above Kilga and Suwako in your eyes?

Also you seem very confused about that reference I made in the earlygame; I was referencing a thing that actually happened because it was similar to a thing that was currently happening, and I thought it was funny.  I sure have had to say this a lot!

So, it wasn't a joke?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2009, 08:57:05 PM »
Oh, yes, your ONLY post that doesn't JUST poke Suwako and Kilga.
Nice backstep.

Suwako still isn't saying anything useful, and Anthony's fallen off the face of the earth. Really fine with lynching either of them right now.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2009, 09:01:47 PM »
EBWOP: The reason I think we should put Suwako ahead of people like Angel/Tenshi at the moment is because he's basically doing the one thing worse than not contribute, and that's not contribute while writing off almost every other case as terrible with no reasoning. It goes beyond having no effect on discussion and brings his contribution into negatives.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2009, 09:03:31 PM »
Oh, yes, your ONLY post that doesn't JUST poke Suwako and Kilga.
Nice backstep.

Suwako still isn't saying anything useful, and Anthony's fallen off the face of the earth. Really fine with lynching either of them right now.

Oh?

221's Eliphas vote feels contrived. Further, it's about time you commented on players besides Kilga/Suwako. And it doesn't seem to say much. A couple lurker pushes, and the Eliphas from nowhere...

Seems to corrobate QUITE well with what I've said thus far.

Nice failure

EBWOP: The reason I think we should put Suwako ahead of people like Angel/Tenshi at the moment is because he's basically doing the one thing worse than not contribute, and that's not contribute while writing off almost every other case as terrible with no reasoning. It goes beyond having no effect on discussion and brings his contribution into negatives.

And VgT's isn't?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2009, 09:06:04 PM »
Oh?

221's Eliphas vote feels contrived. Further, it's about time you commented on players besides Kilga/Suwako. And it doesn't seem to say much. A couple lurker pushes, and the Eliphas from nowhere...

Seems to corrobate QUITE well with what I've said thus far.

Nice failure
You go from saying 'this post is nothing but Kilga/Suwako rage' to 'this is the only post that isn't Kilga/Suwako rage'. That looks like a backstep to me.

And VgT's isn't?
He gives reasoning for why he doesn't like lynches. He talks, he discusses. Suwako just says 'you're all wrong' and doesn't explain why.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2009, 09:08:56 PM »
You go from saying 'this post is nothing but Kilga/Suwako rage' to 'this is the only post that isn't Kilga/Suwako rage'. That looks like a backstep to me.

Then obviously you need to have your vision checked or your comprehension tested. Quite obviously, I said that Eliphas, a couple lurkers, and Kilga/Suwako were mentioned. I merely stated that the points on all non Kilga/Suwako people were practically null and tacked on.

He gives reasoning for why he doesn't like lynches. He talks, he discusses. Suwako just says 'you're all wrong' and doesn't explain why.

But how much reasoning has he really given?

Did you do that reread?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2009, 09:12:23 PM »
STOP CUTTING ANTHONY! HE'S TRYING TO POST.

Actually not since I don't see him reading the board.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2009, 09:19:05 PM »
Nevermind. My observation method is flawed.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2009, 09:35:47 PM »
Then obviously you need to have your vision checked or your comprehension tested. Quite obviously, I said that Eliphas, a couple lurkers, and Kilga/Suwako were mentioned. I merely stated that the points on all non Kilga/Suwako people were practically null and tacked on.
Which is worse than having brought up opinions on all of two people in all of your posts for the entire game?

But how much reasoning has he really given?

Did you do that reread?
From what I've read he's said plenty. You're the one accusing him, so the burden of proof lies with you.

Okay right now I think pretty much everyone needs to calm the hell down, myself included, for two reasons:
- It's going to obviously cut on productivity if we all get stuck under the red mist.
- This game is supposed to be fun.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »
Vote Count: Now With Extra Sugar
VGameT (5) - Kiro, Kilgamayan, Eliphas, pesco, UncertainKitten
Pesco (2) - Suwako Moriya, Nietz
Anthony (1) - Kitten4U
Nietz (1)- u?
Suwako Moriya (4) - Roukanken, Affinity, Serpentarius, Zakeri
Eliphas (1) - VGameT

Not voting: Anthony, Angel Milk

Approximately 20 hours left, give or take an hour or so.

Angel Milk has been prodded.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2009, 09:50:22 PM »
Which is worse than having brought up opinions on all of two people in all of your posts for the entire game?

Oh? I didn't know that Rou, Anthony, Suwako, Pesco, Kilga, VgT and Eliphas were two people...

You really DO need to do that reread.

From what I've read he's said plenty. You're the one accusing him, so the burden of proof lies with you.

Actually, you assert that VgT is less scummy than me, Pesco, Suwako, Anthony, and Nietz. I think the burden of proof falls on you.

Okay right now I think pretty much everyone needs to calm the hell down, myself included, for two reasons:

You think I'm raeging? I'm irritated, but not raeging. Cutting sarcasm is rather rude though ^-^

- It's going to obviously cut on productivity if we all get stuck under the red mist.

-DARK METAMORPHOSIS!
-I'm having fun ^-^.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2009, 09:56:46 PM »
Oh? I didn't know that Rou, Anthony, Suwako, Pesco, Kilga, VgT and Eliphas were two people...

You really DO need to do that reread.
I was referring to Suwako, who's made references to Kilga and Pesco and that's it.

Actually, you assert that VgT is less scummy than me, Pesco, Suwako, Anthony, and Nietz. I think the burden of proof falls on you.
Innocent until proven guilty.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »
I was referring to Suwako, who's made references to Kilga and Pesco and that's it.

My misunderstanding ^-^

Innocent until proven guilty.

Which is unusable in this instance. No one is "proven" guilty until their flip. Further, you don't see VgT as innocent, just more innocent than others. You made an assertation of scumminess in him, and you haven't backed up why his relative scumminess is more or less than others.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2009, 10:00:33 PM »
Ok now for my views on this since I didn't post inbetween my waking up and my going to school.

Suwako case has back up due to the not contributing and the statement made by Rou about his waving off of everyone else is clear except pesco, which personally sounds like a gut call.

The Vgt case is first from a joke taken seriously, which led to his actions of anti-town, which I see now, this doesn't help too much for me since I sorta like having a bit more before I accuse someone, so overall I'm just leaning towards Vgt

so for now, insted of letting my vote collect dust being unused, I'm actually gonna vote

##Vote:Suwako Moriya

Mostly because of gut call on Pesco, and lack of good content, which annoied me, and also Rou's words

I'm pretty much thinking this right now, now excuse me while I get some advil to kill my headache from other stuff.

Oh wait, 3 more posts, nothing to add on, also mostly just showing my view, if it's crap, it's crap, mostly just putting my vote out.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2009, 10:07:56 PM »
Suwako has shown up only to make vague and unlikable statements. Even though this is bad, at least it's very clear - supposedly to him as well - that he's gonna be questioned for that later.
Tenshi is just being nonexistent, and in a game with 16 people that meant he got to be conveniently forgotten for most of the day, while Suwako gets flak for his attitude.

Ninja: Yeah.... I'm liking Anthony less and less every time.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »
Which is unusable in this instance. No one is "proven" guilty until their flip. Further, you don't see VgT as innocent, just more innocent than others. You made an assertation of scumminess in him, and you haven't backed up why his relative scumminess is more or less than others.
- If we can't have opinions on people until they die, why bother discussing things at all? We should just lynch at random by that logic.
- I'm calling you out on this particular reason to call VgT scummy. In later posts he's putting out some decent content, more than can be said for Suwako.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »
EBWOP: Tenshi's behaviour is almost too weird to be scummy. Hanging back is one thing, saying absolutely nothing is another.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »
- If we can't have opinions on people until they die, why bother discussing things at all? We should just lynch at random by that logic.

Well played strawman. You are the one that posits people are innocent until proven guilty. You combine your view with mine to get this rich pile of misrepresentation. What I said was showing you precisely the conclusion you came to if we accepted your "innocent until proven guilty" spiel.

- I'm calling you out on this particular reason to call VgT scummy. In later posts he's putting out some decent content, more than can be said for Suwako.

Decent content? Hardly. It's tunneling for the most part, and in the one post he goes outside his tunnel it's not even for good reasons. Can you show me this "decent content" you speak of? I've already shown how it's not decent to me.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2009, 10:39:29 PM »

Why aren't you voting for Tenshi instead then if content is the criterion?

Looking at Nietz' point that I'm flinging whatever sticks, so tell me then. How many of the points I've brought up against my targets are valid and how many are invalid? List them ALL for us.

VgT should offer the same sort of analysis on my posts if he's going to call me covering my bases. The thing with VgT's presentation of this point is that he's not saying I'm flinging random shit, that I'll be justified however I vote. So analyse my posts and tell us what you're finding agreeable.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2009, 11:26:31 PM »
Oh, fuck it. Apparently I can't argue for shit right now. All this thing with UK is doing is leaving us both picking at each other everywhere we can, and we're honestly not producing anything useful from it. It doesn't help that to pay attention to all the shit that's going on I'd need an extra three sets of eyes, and every little mistake I make is jumped on by a dozen people.

Who the hell decided it was okay to run a 16-player game? Seriously? :3 I'm seriously starting to wish that someone would listen to Umu's suggestion and turn me into a supervig so I could just shoot everyone and get this game over with. >_>

I've had all I can stand of this game for now. Call me when D2 starts.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 11:34:04 PM by Edible!! »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
Who the hell decided it was okay to run a 16-player game? Seriously? I'm seriously starting to wish that someone would listen to Umu's suggestion and turn me into a supervig so I could just shoot everyone and get this game over with. >_>

16 players is a large game, but it's still reasonable. I just prefer not to play them. But it's fine.

I don't like Rou giving up. But whether it's townie raegquit or scum trying to squirm out, I cannot ascertain. I am of the opinion that Rou is probably scum, but as I said I won't get that flip today.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2009, 11:31:20 PM »
Still nothing, or almost nothing, worth commenting on.
Reasoning?  It's day 1, that's enough reason to dismiss all "cases" made so far.  No flips, no information, no reasoning can be done, it's all just WIFOM and going back and forth.  Anyone here thinks anything that's come out today is actually worth pursuing... I gotta laugh at that unless there's some hoop I'm missin. 
No content?  You kiddin me?  I'm one of the only people who's actually posted content.  Looks like somewhere along the line words got equated with content, and that's no froggin good.  Seeing other fallacies in discussion as well like "contradictions are scummy" and "let's lynch the worst lurker day 1!"  There are things that can be done with day 1, but this one's already beyond salvation.  I could go with the flow and post a lot of crap but I'd rather look for actual scum. Painful though that may be.  We'll simply have to bring out the springwater and weather the rain!
Pesco remains the worst to me, mostly because of his attitude.  Gut-ish but it's not like there's anything better to find in this mess right now.  Also okay with VGT, Anthony or Kitten being lynched out of pragmatism.[/]
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »
Suwako, please state which Kitten you mean. Kitten4U is playing, so UK might be a better turn of phrase if you mean myself.

Suwako somehow manages to anger me with that last post...

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2009, 11:43:46 PM »
Question @Suwako - How DO you plan on finding scum (if ever)?

Just skimming through everything, the only thing I see worth commenting on is that Rou placing UK third on his list o' suspicion seems naff.  The post restriction accusation, while accurate, seems weak tbh; and I'm not sure what's intrinsically wrong with gut-clearing two people whose alignments are questionable.

That means that, again, I have no motivation to change my vote.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2009, 11:44:14 PM »
EBWOP:  (if ever) doesn't make grammatical sense.  But you get the idea.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2009, 01:14:23 AM »
Vote Count: Stealth Momo <3
VGameT (5) - Kiro, Kilgamayan, Eliphas, pesco, UncertainKitten
Pesco (2) - Suwako Moriya, Nietz
Anthony (1) - Kitten4U
Nietz (1)- u?
Suwako Moriya (5) - Roukanken, Affinity, Serpentarius, Zakeri, Anthony
Eliphas (1) - VGameT

VGameT and Suwako Moriya are at L-4.

Not voting: Angel Milk

Approximately 16 hours left.

« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2009, 01:35:48 AM »
Still nothing, or almost nothing, worth commenting on.
Reasoning?  It's day 1, that's enough reason to dismiss all "cases" made so far.  No flips, no information, no reasoning can be done, it's all just WIFOM and going back and forth.  Anyone here thinks anything that's come out today is actually worth pursuing... I gotta laugh at that unless there's some hoop I'm missin.
Yes, This is absolutely right. Because absolutely no amount of discussion and practical theory placing can net people a day one scum lynch Especially not when there's some hopeless newbie town to lynch in his place. In fact, everyone should just say absolutely nothing and wait until day three because it's absolutely impossible to lynch scum unless half of the town is dead. It's also pointless to get people to discuss their opinion of other people during day one, because we will never be able to Use those opinions to find potential connections between scum. This is why the suggested technique of shutting up and blindly lynching randomly is our only defense against the people who could easily get away with manipulating the voting trends from behind the scenes with the blessing upon them of not having to find reasons for why they think "Vanilla Townie X" is worth lynching.
##Ban from ever playing again Suwako Moriya

A calmer post is to be excepted from us soon.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2009, 01:40:03 AM »

Eliphas: Maybe you missed my prod in that big post.  Let me repeat it: 1) Why did you flip from "The case against VgameT about his thing with pesco is dumb" to "VgameT's thing with pesco is scummy", and why did you call me out for being waffly about Anthony and then immediately waffle about Anthony?

For some reason I keep thinking "I need to reread Rou" but this post is long as hell and I need to sleep, so I'll leave it for tomorrow.  Right now I'll ##vote: Eliphas for weird votes.  His reasoning for voting UK was basically "because Zakeri's post" but then he says "for pretty much ignoring lines of questioning and jumping onto a bandwagon." which is bizarre because Zakeri didn't mention anything like that and UK jumping off the bandwagon was what people didn't like.

Nice misrep. Where the hell did you get the "contradictions?" I never thought you were scummy for getting into a fight with Pesco. The message of the post was that you're scummy for doing absolutely nothing at all. Contradiction on UK is silly because I didn't solely vote UK because of Zakeri's post. Again, nice misrep. I didn't like UK for jumping on the wagon for a stupid reason and basically ignoring what everyone else had to say about Anton.

Now back to Anton. Yes I did call you scummy for waffling on Anton, but that also applied to EVERYONE ELSE. You had no suspicions at all in those posts. Your attack on my Anton "waffling" is silly because I took a more "he's neutral as of the moment" stance whereas you were "ehh he's scum but he may not be."

Nice OMGUS case though.

Affinity looks bad. Case on K4U is silly and the accusations made were silly as well. Not to mention he jumps the gun on umu for a silly reason of "WEAK CASE IS SCUM"

Nietz is bad and she should feel bad. Sticking with an early D1 case is bad and she should feel bad.  Would want to know opinion on VgT buuuut

I need to /out. School is really getting busy, so yeah.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2009, 01:40:19 AM »
That means I need to get replaced.

I'll get the word out.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 01:45:08 AM by Edible!! »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2009, 01:54:29 AM »
Whoa, there's some serious rageahol going on in this thread.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"