Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 32315 times)

Hello Purvis

  • *
  • Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #990 on: May 16, 2018, 06:27:17 PM »
> Step up to the hole ourselves and have a peek all around inside in normal time.
> Assuming we do not immediately see Patchouli, turn back around, beckon to Meiling and Koakuma, and point to one outside edge of the hold.

>Stepping inside, you look around. It is somewhat dark, but ambient light from the city allows you to see decently enough. Looking around, you do not immediately see Patchouli. What you do see is that the ambient magic, which is shining from a pile of slag, is probably the brightest you've seen thus far. The odor is awful.
>The two of them move to the right side of the hole in the outer wall, peering in curiously.

>_

Suwako Moriya

  • Hey you with the pretty face
  • *
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #991 on: May 16, 2018, 06:31:52 PM »
> Wave a bit at them to get their attention.
> Once we have their attention, point at both of them (in about the torso area), then point at the ground at their feet.
> Point at Meiling, point at our eyes, and gesture all around the interior of the building.
> Point at Koakuma, point at out eyes, and gesture all around the current outside setting, including the sky.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

  • *
  • Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #992 on: May 16, 2018, 06:50:05 PM »
> Wave a bit at them to get their attention.
> Once we have their attention, point at both of them (in about the torso area), then point at the ground at their feet.
> Point at Meiling, point at our eyes, and gesture all around the interior of the building.
> Point at Koakuma, point at out eyes, and gesture all around the current outside setting, including the sky.

>They both look at you, and it's pretty clear that whatever you're trying to signal is not getting through from their bewildered looks. After a moment, Meiling hesitantly starts to lay on the ground.

>_

Suwako Moriya

  • Hey you with the pretty face
  • *
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #993 on: May 16, 2018, 06:56:42 PM »
God, I hate text adventure charades. :(

> Shake our head and wave Meiling back up.
> Float over next to Meiling and get right up to her ear.
> Take on a whisper.
> "Stay here. Keep watch inside for activity. Have her stay with you and watch the surroundings."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:58:53 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

  • *
  • Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #994 on: May 16, 2018, 07:19:13 PM »
God, I hate text adventure charades. :(

> Shake our head and wave Meiling back up.
> Float over next to Meiling and get right up to her ear.
> Take on a whisper.
> "Stay here. Keep watch inside for activity. Have her stay with you and watch the surroundings."

It is a magical journey of "What the hell is he even trying to transmit!?"!

>Meiling stands, as you float over.
>"Oh, okay," she says. "I saw you point to stomach then ground, and that's all that made sense..."
>Koakuma simply nods and gives a thumbs up.

>_

Suwako Moriya

  • Hey you with the pretty face
  • *
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #995 on: May 16, 2018, 07:24:38 PM »
> Hopefully that was a whisper in return?
> Step out of Meiling's personal bubble and nod at the two of them.
> Then turn to Flan, beckon her to follow us, and slowly float inside the building, heading for that footprint we spotted.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

  • *
  • Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #996 on: May 16, 2018, 07:36:58 PM »
> Hopefully that was a whisper in return?
> Step out of Meiling's personal bubble and nod at the two of them.
> Then turn to Flan, beckon her to follow us, and slowly float inside the building, heading for that footprint we spotted.

>It was.
>Flandre nods, and follows you, floating an inch from the ground and keeping her wings tightly wrapped around her.
>Approaching the footprint, you can see that Flandre's eyes are drawn to it, too.

>_

Suwako Moriya

  • Hey you with the pretty face
  • *
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #997 on: May 16, 2018, 07:43:06 PM »
> Look all around us. Anything that looks like Patchouli?
> If not, look at the footprint again, and then imagine the direction in which someone would have to be walking to make such a footprint. Look in that direction. Is there anything of interest that way, and how is the magic glow situation in that direction?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

  • *
  • Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #998 on: May 16, 2018, 07:47:50 PM »
> Look all around us. Anything that looks like Patchouli?
> If not, look at the footprint again, and then imagine the direction in which someone would have to be walking to make such a footprint. Look in that direction. Is there anything of interest that way, and how is the magic glow situation in that direction?

>There is nothing that looks Patchouli-like in view.
>Following the footprint, it seems to lead into what once probably a room, though one behind it, and toward a crumbling staircase. There is another glow in that direction.

>_

Suwako Moriya

  • Hey you with the pretty face
  • *
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #999 on: May 16, 2018, 07:50:55 PM »
> Purse our lips into a thin frown.
> Look at Flan and point toward the glow (knowing full well she cannot see it).
> Begin floating toward the glow, making sure to keep our ears peeled and our eyes darting in every direction.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

  • *
  • Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1000 on: May 16, 2018, 08:25:42 PM »
> Purse our lips into a thin frown.
> Look at Flan and point toward the glow (knowing full well she cannot see it).
> Begin floating toward the glow, making sure to keep our ears peeled and our eyes darting in every direction.

>You move toward the glowing area, Flandre following behind you. The glow seems to be coming from a quantity of brackish liquid on the ground; nearby is what looks kind of like a pile of...you can only call it melted and cooled rock, for a lack of a better term. There is no sign of Patchouli, or any kind of living thing. The ruins are quiet.

>_

Suwako Moriya

  • Hey you with the pretty face
  • *
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1001 on: May 16, 2018, 08:27:04 PM »
> Look to Flan with a quizzical look.
> Point at the melted/cooled rock.
> Brace ourselves to get shanked by Patchouli. At least we finally found her this way!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

  • *
  • Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1002 on: May 16, 2018, 09:00:18 PM »
> Look to Flan with a quizzical look.
> Point at the melted/cooled rock.
> Brace ourselves to get shanked by Patchouli. At least we finally found her this way!

>"What?" says Parsee, leaning against the walls and holding a soft drink. "Oh, no, you get a freebie this time for not dragging my little raven into it. Good luck with the psycho!"