Author Topic: A Quest of Fire and Ice  (Read 12213 times)

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2017, 11:19:16 PM »
Mai:

> Can we determine how much magic we will need to use to freeze that thing?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

O4rfish

  • something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2017, 06:33:08 AM »
>How confident are we in our punching ability?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2017, 07:34:13 AM »
> Extinguish fire, then search the place. If this Usami boldly used us to get in Makai, she definitely owes us some good stuff!
> If this whining thing does not shut up after putting fires out, freeze it as well.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2017, 11:24:07 PM »
Mai:

> Can we determine how much magic we will need to use to freeze that thing?

> It's not large. So it shouldn't be too hard. What Yuki's 'Ultimate magic' would have been capable of was incinerating the entire street. At least.

>How confident are we in our punching ability?

> Punching is beneath you as magicians. Well; apparently that Hijiri woman practiced enhancement magics but you two don't.

> Extinguish fire, then search the place. If this Usami boldly used us to get in Makai, she definitely owes us some good stuff!
> If this whining thing does not shut up after putting fires out, freeze it as well.

> It takes a bit of effort due to the heat of the fire; but enough basic ice magic puts them out.

> The alarm dosen't stop as smoke keeps rising from where the fires were. You freeze the device and the alarm stops.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2017, 11:38:13 PM »
Mai:

> Look at Yuki.

Yuki:

> Keep trying to calm down.
> "... Now what, idiot?"

Mai:

> "Oh, the idiot here it's you."

Yuki:

> Do we feel capable of flying?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »
Mai:

> Look at Yuki.

Yuki:

> Keep trying to calm down.
> "... Now what, idiot?"

Mai:

> "Oh, the idiot here it's you."

Yuki:

> Do we feel capable of flying?

> You feel capable of flying, although maybe it'll take a little while to recover enough to reach top speed.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »
> Reassess basic necessities.

Yuki:

> "Again... what now?"

Mai:

> "Hmm..."
> Go outside and fly REALLY high. Stop when we are in a considerable altitude.
> Then, look around.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
> But before we go outside to observe surroundings I still recommend to search the room we are currently in. It would be good if we could find a map of this world or this sity at least. Or some kind of mana battery. Or notes about how this girl visited Gensokyo. Or something else that we can use.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2017, 11:33:17 PM »
> Reassess basic necessities.

Yuki:

> "Again... what now?"

Mai:

> "Hmm..."
> Go outside and fly REALLY high. Stop when we are in a considerable altitude.
> Then, look around.

> But before we go outside to observe surroundings I still recommend to search the room we are currently in. It would be good if we could find a map of this world or this sity at least. Or some kind of mana battery. Or notes about how this girl visited Gensokyo. Or something else that we can use.

> As Magicians; you don't really have many necessities. You need to breathe; and you need to not completely deplete your natural magic.

> Mai goes outside; while Yuki remains inside and looks around as she recovers.

> You do not recognize the written language of this world; so looking for scriptures is fruitless. Still; you take the book Usemi showed you with the ritual in it. Maybe you can find someone who can read it however.

> The crystal ball in the middle of the table is still glowing red.

===

> Mai flies high into the sky; avoiding a few flying animals as she does so. The moon seems to be descending in the sky; and it appears you are in a large town; perhaps a city. There is little light except street lights... and... some red and blue ones. Which are heading towards the building you came from.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2017, 11:43:59 PM »
Yuki:

> Try to pick up the ball, if that's even possible.
> Can we feel the energy coming from it?
> Do we have any way to store magic from objects to others? Like transfering them?

Mai:

> Frown a bit to try and look more carefully at those lights and determine what exactly they are.
>> How close are they?
>> Are those things making a similar noise like that alarm down there?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2017, 04:21:53 PM »
Yuki:

> Try to pick up the ball, if that's even possible.
> Can we feel the energy coming from it?
> Do we have any way to store magic from objects to others? Like transfering them?

Mai:

> Frown a bit to try and look more carefully at those lights and determine what exactly they are.
>> How close are they?
>> Are those things making a similar noise like that alarm down there?

> Yuki picks up the ball, and while it's not really giving off energy, it seems to contain a large amount of energy similar to that of Makai.

> You could transfer magic from one thing to another; but such a process takes time and requires another item that is magical in nature [Or enchanting skill; which you and Mai both lack]

==

> It appears; as the lights approach; they are attached to a large red lump of metal on wheels.

> At the speed they are going; you think they will arrive in a couple of minutes.

> The sound it is making is similar; but not the same.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »
Yuki:

> Do we have enough space to store the ball itself?
> If it's not possible, try searching everywhere for... a bag or something that can let us carry the ball with us without problems.

Mai:

> "Darn..."
> Return.
> The ice in the alarm we freeze will melt soon, right? Or it will not melt, since it's made of magic?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2017, 08:05:14 PM »
Yuki:

> Do we have enough space to store the ball itself?
> If it's not possible, try searching everywhere for... a bag or something that can let us carry the ball with us without problems.

Mai:

> "Darn..."
> Return.
> The ice in the alarm we freeze will melt soon, right? Or it will not melt, since it's made of magic?

> You have nowhere to store the orb; but you quickly find a suitable bag... even if it looks flimsy. You can almost see through the thing!

> Mai returns. The ice will melt; but since it was made by such a powerful Ice Magician; it'll take quite a while.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2017, 08:18:51 PM »
Yuki:

> Nope! Search more! There must be a bag looking resistant enough.
> How much the orb weighs, by the way?

Mai:

> "The hell are you doing?"

Yuki:

> "I'm searching for something to hide this ball."

Mai:

> "We don't have much time. Hurry up."

Yuki:

> "Shut up! If you have a better idea to carry balls, then say it!"
> Keep searching.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2017, 10:57:13 AM »
[Apologies for the delay. My Grandfather went into hospital and he passed away yesterday.]

Yuki:

> Nope! Search more! There must be a bag looking resistant enough.
> How much the orb weighs, by the way?

Mai:

> "The hell are you doing?"

Yuki:

> "I'm searching for something to hide this ball."

Mai:

> "We don't have much time. Hurry up."

Yuki:

> "Shut up! If you have a better idea to carry balls, then say it!"
> Keep searching.

> Eventually you find a fitting bad in another room. You empty out books to make room.

> You lift the orb to find out how much it weighs; and the world swirls around you.

> When Mai enters the room; Yuki and the orb are gone.

===

> Yuki finds herself in the outskirts of Makai. The orb is vibrating softly, with the vibration increasing slowly. In other news; the orb is very light.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2017, 03:17:08 PM »
//My deepest condolences, Raikaria.

Mai:

> ... Make a quick search for Yuki.
> "... That stupid girl."
> Frown.
> Can we determine, via the sounds they are making, how close those things are?

*-*-*

Yuki:

> "... Whaaat?!"
> Look around desperately.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »
//My deepest condolences, Raikaria.

Mai:

> ... Make a quick search for Yuki.
> "... That stupid girl."
> Frown.
> Can we determine, via the sounds they are making, how close those things are?

*-*-*

Yuki:

> "... Whaaat?!"
> Look around desperately.

> You look around for Yuki; but there is no sign of her; or her magical energy. You note that the sphere in the center of the table has vanished.

> The sirens are getting closer, you think you have a couple of minutes at best.

---

> You look around. This is certainly around the outer edges of Makai. The ground is... shifting and still molding. It looks like red and blue marble; and the magic in the air is raw. Makai is flat; ever-expanding from Pandemonium as it's central point.

> You see no signs of Usemi; although any footprints would have quickly been removed from the ground anyway.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:38:16 PM by Raikaria »


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »
Mai:

> Is there any rear entrance, or any kind of exit in the form of windows that lead to the back of this building?
> Is there any more rooms?

*-*-*

Yuki:

> Look at the ball.
> "... I wonder if..."
> Make the same motion we did to test it's weigh. Maybe it had to do something with it?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2017, 10:36:57 PM »
Mai:

> Is there any rear entrance, or any kind of exit in the form of windows that lead to the back of this building?
> Is there any more rooms?

*-*-*

Yuki:

> Look at the ball.
> "... I wonder if..."
> Make the same motion we did to test it's weigh. Maybe it had to do something with it?

> There are no other exits large enough for you to exit from; your wings would get caught in the windows.

> There are several other rooms; although they look a lot more mundane and normal than the room you were in with the others. There's a room filled with food and drink where the beverages came from before, and there's a room with a bed in and some other things.

===

> You look at the ball. At this point it is visibly vibrating. The magic within it is also swirling far more vigorously than when you were in Usemi's world.

> You lift the ball as if you are testing it's weight again. Nothing happens besides the ever increasing level of vibration.

> Suddenly; everything flashes again and you find yourself back in the room you were before. The orb has stopped vibrating and looks dimmer now than when you picked it up.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2017, 10:52:49 PM »
Yuki:

> "Okay, now what the hell is going on?!"

Mai:

> "... What are you playing? We need to go."

Yuki:

> "I think we got the- Woah!"

Mai:

> Pull Yuki from to arm and lead her outside.

Yuki:

> "Wait a moment, idiot!"
> Store the ball in the bag we have.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2017, 11:29:56 PM »
Yuki:

> "Okay, now what the hell is going on?!"

Mai:

> "... What are you playing? We need to go."

Yuki:

> "I think we got the- Woah!"

Mai:

> Pull Yuki from to arm and lead her outside.

Yuki:

> "Wait a moment, idiot!"
> Store the ball in the bag we have.

> The ball is shoved in the bag as Mai drags Yuki out of the house.

> The sirens are pretty close now. Close enough that you are pretty sure you would be spotted if you flew.


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2017, 11:43:26 PM »
Yuki:

> "Err... What are those things?"

Mai:

> "Less chat and more running."
> Start to leave to other direction, running.

Yuki:

> "Tch..."
> Do we feel like we can run at good speed?
>> If so, do it and follow Mai.
> Independently what happens, follow Mai.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

  • Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • *
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »
Yuki:

> "Err... What are those things?"

Mai:

> "Less chat and more running."
> Start to leave to other direction, running.

Yuki:

> "Tch..."
> Do we feel like we can run at good speed?
>> If so, do it and follow Mai.
> Independently what happens, follow Mai.

> You begin to start running away from the sirens.

> You can run at your normal speed. Not that your running speed is fast. [You and Mai in terms of physical abilities are equivalent to an average human female] Your brief trip to Makai was more than enough for you to recover from the temporary magic drain. In Makai; you basically breathe magic.

> You can see a few landmarks from where you are. You see the Temple that you flew over before; as well as a few other large buildings, all of them looking nearly identical and bland. You also see some signs on the corner of the street. Of course; there are also many houses around.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:45:20 PM by Raikaria »


http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

  • Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2017, 10:52:28 PM »
> Can we see any alley between houses?
>> If so, start going there instead of the main streets. Make sure to not make so much noise, so the people in the houses don't peek.

Mai:

> "What happened to you?"

Yuki:

> "I returned to Makai."

Mai:

> "And I guess that orb has something to do with that?"

Yuki:

> "... Yes..."
> Usami is INCREDIBLY strong, isn't it?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.