Author Topic: REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Game Thread (DAY 2)  (Read 50474 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Game Thread (DAY 2)
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2016, 08:10:03 PM »
I don't mind being pushed, the problem is that the half the things you pushed aren't even issues, which is why I'm saying you're grasping at straws. Check out my responses - I await your followup.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2016, 09:48:53 PM »
Did I ever deny that I was grasping at straws?

I don't have a response for your responses.

And the problem is you're not looking for scum then, but trying to preserve yourself.

I am looking for anything that looks scummy.

Thing is; I'm 80% sure that the scum is one of the three lurkers. And with three lurkers with little~no content; there's nothing to really use to pick between them.

So I'm forced to rely on the long shot scumhunt.

And I know I'm town. So stopping my own lynch is pro-town. Lynching me there is a 0% chance of hitting scum. Lynching anyone else there is a 1/7 chance; even before you narrow the field by taking the obvtownies out. By directing the lynch off of myself; a townie; I am inherently helping to hunt scum.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2016, 09:50:44 PM »
Of course the caveat is that you guys don't know that I'm town. But I'm speaking from my PoV.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2016, 10:35:47 PM »
OK; new plan to try and spark discussion since no-one seems willing to talk about anything else.

You guys seem convinced to lynch me today. Fine.

But who's your #2 and why? Who else besides me do you guys think could be scum.

I mean, we can at least use the time we have D2 to help with D3, right?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2016, 11:21:26 PM »
##Vote Bardiche

I'm unovoting and there's nothing you can do about it.

(Post incoming, just wanted to get this in for now)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2016, 11:26:04 PM »
I'm unovoting and there's nothing you can do about it.
voting. :derp:

Conqueror

« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2016, 11:26:54 PM »
I don't have a response for your responses.
If you don't have a response for my responses than how am I supposed if you're being genuine or just throwing stuff out to see what sticks?

I've been waiting for ~*the lurkers*~ to post. I need WindyKitsune's explanation of his logic to progress further there, I need Old Guy to talk more about how he sees the game to progress further there, and L just needs to say anything.

If I had to choose one of them in a crapshoot it'd be this guy for this:
Sorry all, finals season got a hold of me. I'll be back in some hours to post.
And then radio silence. 0 shame.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2016, 11:37:17 PM »
I was busy today studying for an exam and tomorrow will be worse with work, but here's my input:

===

This is really really bad and I don't care if I'm called on OMGUS for this.

Especially since, and I hate to bring this up of all things:

Quote from: Bardiche
I was absent for a little, sorry! Serela was a filthy Maflord so killing him was a good idea. His role was Mafia boss.

24 hours to give me a name if you have a role, or are scum and want to effect a kill. No response means I randomise. Goes for town roles (if any) as well!

This seems oddly specific and seems to indicate that one of the lurkers is scum.

##Vote: The Old Guy

The tone here bugs me, why are you so reluctant to point out the possible modslip? Add to that, why do you care so much being called out for pointing out Old Guy's vote (a guy you think is scum) that you have to put the "I don't care if" disclaimer?

Also I'll just note that I fully expect to get lynched today regardless of what happens.

Which gives the mafia what they want but also probobly gives the cop his sanity at least because I'm 90% sure the cop copped me if he had any sense after Serela flipped town.

I'm just going to do my best to point out who's probobly the scum on my wagon as I go down. Then maybe people will listen once I flip Vanillia.

And then there's stuff like this. Is this a townpost? The last scum in a 2-scum setup wouldn't be thinking about the cycles to come, man.

Also to address points about me being potential scum who bussed Serela - I'll admit I mostly just sat on Serela all day and I wouldn't say I was one of the main people who drove the wagon, but as scum I hate lynching my buddies so you bet I would have pushed hard on other people while poking Serela (sorta like what I'm saying you did in this game). Check out my most recent scumgame where I pushed townies all game until my buddies imploded and I then had to push them because they were the only people being looked at.

I was with you until that last bit. Doesn't Serela's D1 fit the bill?

If you're scum just go ahead and lie down and die (and I won't let you get away like I let Bardiche get away with it when he tried to pull this).

Not related I just really hate you for reminding me that happened. :| :| :|

And I've not voted you yet because I was pressing for info on stuff and thinking it over.

I need to actually find a counter-case on someone which I actually think is stronger than the cases on me. Day phases are 72 hours. I got time to think.

Vey. No you don't, you need to scumhunt. If you're town and manage to survive today it's a sweet bonus. Only scum think they need to find a stronger case here.

6. Dormio - Is it fair to call Dormio a lurker this game? Still; what little he's posted seems town at a glance.

Pbbbfft. I love these townslips. Like, two options here. Either Raikaria's playing us (eh I give it a relatively low % chance) or he forgot who he nightkilled last night.

At least pushing on you can generate discussion [If anyone besides me and you post on the topic] which can be used by the surviving townies later to help decide who's scum.

Honestly pushing you is the most pro-town thing I can do in this position to at least have us discuss something else and make use of the time in D2. If we end up lynching someone who's not me and is actually scum; all the better.

You're very wrong..

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2016, 11:39:39 PM »
I'm not confident about this anymore.

##Vote Da Letter El

Guy has ultra-idled as scum before. There, you have meta now.

I think Raikaria's being his usual bone-headed self regardless of alignment and some of the things he's said (even outside of what I quoted) have given me pause. Granted, I came out of the quotewalls reassured Conq is probably town, so the answer's not there. It's probably just the lurkers, man.

Conqueror

« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2016, 11:43:00 PM »
I was with you until that last bit. Doesn't Serela's D1 fit the bill?
At the end, yeah. I try not to get to the point where my scumbuddies as my only voting option though - the main difference in how I would have played this as scum is how I would have fished for more targets at the beginning of the day.

Conqueror

« Reply #190 on: December 10, 2016, 11:48:56 PM »
I'm okay with a L vote. Would explain the Dormio kill. I'll be sad though because I'll no longer have 100% voting accuracy.

I'm actually fairly sure Raikaria has townslipped before as scum by talking about a nightkill like they were alive (or was that Serela?).

I'll admit I'm not too sure on Raikaria either now mainly because I don't get his gameplan here.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2016, 11:51:40 PM »
I'll admit I'm not too sure on Raikaria either now mainly because I don't get his gameplan here.
Talk a bunch and effort his way out of being lynched.

Is what I had in mind for Scum!Rai but he's talking way too much about sacrificing himself for the greater good and I start to wonder "isn't this really silly for an act"? He also called Serela stupid multiple times which plain isn't very nice.

Conqueror

« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2016, 11:52:20 PM »
Guy has ultra-idled as scum before. There, you have meta now.
Does he ultra idle so much he doesn't bother to vote? That's my main issue here.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2016, 11:55:12 PM »
Does he ultra idle so much he doesn't bother to vote? That's my main issue here.

I mean, I haven't played too many NOC games with DLE, I just know this level of dgaf is acceptable for him, especially because he doesn't know you people and superlurk has worked for him in the past.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2016, 11:56:14 PM »
Uh shit, NOC means No Outside Contact.

Conqueror

« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2016, 12:02:49 AM »
Hmm.
##Vote Da Letter El
Well I have to go do stuff for a while now. I really would like it if Raikaria at least looked over my responses and reacted to them in some way instead of just saying "I can't respond." Well, at least read them and tell me what you think. I'm not asking for a refutation (because you can't :3) - if you're town I want to know what you're thinking and why you're thinking it and hopefully it's not  "oops gotta make a case and hope it hits scum."

« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2016, 12:18:20 AM »
It reads like this, "I'm holier than thou and don't have to denigrate myself with anything more than a bit of lazy play so calm down you townies." scum line

Oh, screw off.

I WAS NOT being "Holier than thou", being a townie is just a really god damn boring class, there was NOTHING i could do last day without getting accused of something by someone. Looks like that was a mistake.

And FYI my friends came over today, so that's why this post was late.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2016, 12:19:40 AM »
Well I just checked his idle time and I'm having serious doubts now (almost 3 days?!). Technically you can issue NKs in the scumchat without checking the forums but... ohh, wait, the NK gets randomized if no target's given, isn't it? That would explain Dormio, but man, I thought he was idling on purpose, not this.  :ohdear:

cut

Umm were you feeling oppressed yesterday? I'm not seeing it, but I don't think it was anyone's intention if you were.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2016, 12:21:10 AM »
Like, short version is that we play games at a really high pace and you're kinda expected to participate, yeah. You can start doing that now. :3

While I go to bed.

Conqueror

« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2016, 12:31:31 AM »
@the old guy
No worries, mafia is just taken Super Seriously here and since the days are short people do get impatient. Posting more is definitely a good thing though.
What do you think about the current state of the game?

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:48 AM »
re:Raikaria calling Serela stupid.
I think this points more towards to mafia team if anything.  Esp. getting day 1 lynched rip.  Along with the copious amounts of Wifom that just pops up from him. The maf among us.

I'd lynch da letter el

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »
I was pointing out potential for being accused of OMGUS and such because I didn't want my argument just written off as such.

Also I wasn't calling Serela himself stupid. I was calling the actions stupid from a RaikariaxSerela perspective. Why would scum give away their buddy so early D1? And continue to act like it while being set for the noose? It makes no sense. As soon as Serela accepted he was getting lynched he was setting me up to be mislynched D2 by interactions. To give whoever his scumbuddy is a better shot.

As for why I was reluctant to bring up the potential modslip? Because it was a modslip. Bardiche isn't playing the game and it feels kinda bad to use that.

Hmm.
##Vote Da Letter El
Well I have to go do stuff for a while now. I really would like it if Raikaria at least looked over my responses and reacted to them in some way instead of just saying "I can't respond." Well, at least read them and tell me what you think. I'm not asking for a refutation (because you can't :3) - if you're town I want to know what you're thinking and why you're thinking it and hopefully it's not  "oops gotta make a case and hope it hits scum."

Vey. No you don't, you need to scumhunt. If you're town and manage to survive today it's a sweet bonus. Only scum think they need to find a stronger case here.

Oh. Well I've been under the wrong impression. Although trying to make and push a stronger case is scumhunting; right? The scum is the strongest case you have?

From my PoV I'm the only one who's been trying to scumhunt this entire day phase. Because everyone else is trying to string me up and I'm a townie.

Reading this case actually made me mad.

Not my goal.

What you quoted was in reference to the PX case, I literally said

Clear and total bullshit. I need a new post to tackle this one.

That's a matter of perspective and how you read it I guess. I saw the main issue as me apparently not saying I thought PX was scummier; when I said as such.

Also bullshit, the only lynch I've shown interest for all game is Serela's wagon and a cursory glance tells you that I do have posts before the one you quoted talking about Serela being scummy.

My point was how long it took you to address the wagon after it started. You made multiple posts without so much as commenting on it while still sitting on it from RVS. Also pretty sure saying you'd vig someone is showing interest in their lynch or at least demise.

It wouldn't seem out of place for scum trying to mislynch a townie. This is clearly not the case here.Except for everything else I've said about Serela this game
Read my posts. I didn't really care about his logic for the Schezo case being bad, this game has been chock full of bad logic. It was the way he approached it, and then the rest of the game - finding reasons votes and justifying his votes instead of finding scum.

Quote walls are pretty ugly, I haven't done one of these in a while.

As for the misrep thing, I think it's scummy so I'd push it. If other people don't think it's scummy; fine. And when half the game hadn't responded to the matter I thought it was worth repeating.

Anyway... Not Me Over Me.

##Vote: DaLetterEl

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2016, 12:10:13 PM »
VOTECOUNT
Raikaria (2): Old Guy, Schezo
L (3): BT, Conqueror, Raikaria
Bardiche (∞): L, WindyKitsune, PX

Remember that one and a half day you used to have to decide on a lynch? Well, that has changed. One day remains.

With 8 votes in play, you need 5 to lynch.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »
Wait we gained time? O_O

Anyways I'm not convinced that much on Raikaria townslipping but I wouldn't be opposed to lynching any of the disappeared people

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2016, 08:30:01 PM »
On the basis of getting it out there; yes; I have done that before on purpose as scum. I belive it was; ironically; Ace Attorney.

However this time it was just stupidity and me being a bit more occupied with me getting wagoned as a townie and attempting to figure out how to get scum lynched instead of me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2016, 10:27:25 PM »
So I'm going to sleep soon and when I wake up it's more or less straight to work for 9 hours + 1 hour travel time each way.

So won't be around for deadline.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2016, 10:41:15 PM »
##Prod: DaLetterEl

Conqueror

« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2016, 10:44:27 PM »
The only thing I really want is for the people who haven't been talking to talk right now.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2016, 10:52:10 PM »
VOTECOUNT
Raikaria (2): Old Guy, Schezo
L (4): BT, Conqueror, Raikaria, PX
Bardiche (∞): L, WindyKitsune

I posted at 6 PM that you have one day left. The truth is, you actually didn't have that much time: you had 11 hours left. But I fucked up am a generous god and so the Day ends at 6 AM (HAHAHA) my time, which is about six hours from now! I'd really appreciate a lynch in the next hour or so because I'm not waking up to end the Day Phase. I may assign someone to end the Day for me.

Because it's not in the rules: when I end a Day Phase and there's no lynch reached, then I will lynch the Towniest person.

Be nice, kids.

With 8 votes in play, 5 are needed for a lynch. L is 1 vote away from going on a journey of discovery into the lives of those who are dead.

You have the power to make stuff happen.

Conqueror

« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2016, 11:03:34 PM »
Well if we can't even no lynch then in the case Raikaria is town we are FUCKED, so lynching L is objectively the correct play.