Author Topic: Gyakuten Touhou 2 - Help about a cross examination  (Read 1510 times)

Gyakuten Touhou 2 - Help about a cross examination
« on: October 03, 2016, 08:04:30 PM »
(Well, the main subject is in the title...)

Hello everyone. I'm new here, and English is not my birth language, so my apologies if I made a mistake while speaking here, or if I make some horrible writing errors.

I recently started playing the sequel of the first Ace Attorney - Aya Shameimaru, and I have a little problem... I'm stuck.

Despite the fact I got the English translation (found here, on this forum) that helps me (a lot) understand this game, the fact is I'm facing the game's mechanics and I don't know how to get me out...

I put the problem and the details under spoilers :

Spoiler:
In the second case, about Eirin and the medicines, I'm stuck at Chapter 2-2 / 6th cross-examination, where I have to reveal the lies of Yuyuko.
I found the first contradiction, which is the time of Yuyuko's visit in Medicine Center. ("I was a little curious, but a mirror reflected a ray of light into my eyes and caused me to trip")
I pressed, showed the Mirror when asked, but it's not "very effective !" :3

I found the second one, which is the number of packets put by Eirin in Nitori's spot. ("I saw her take three of white packets and place them in Mokou's spot, and then do the same with three pink packets in Nitori's."
Once again, I pressed, showed Nitori's packets, but it's not sufficient to make Eiki doubt about Yuyuko's words.

So. It's where I'm stuck. I pressed all the others statements, present almost everything at every phrase, but... I don't find the gap in the game's logic.
I also wanna say that I have a very strange bug. When I press the first contradiction, and successfully show the mirror, and then "Present" the mirror on the following sentence (Which is "However, the main cause was the lemon-shaped paperweight that had fallen onto the floor"), Aya shout "Take That ! (Kurae !) instead of shouting a wrong "Objection !" and the game freeze on Yuyuko's sprite (not the music) and shows an error message (see the image).
Did I missed something ? Is my game failing ? I already uninstall/reinstall the game, but nothing changes.

The image :

Thanks in advance, I hope someone have an answer to my problem.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Gyakuten Touhou 2 - Help about a cross examination
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 01:48:25 AM »
Weird, I don't think that bug showed up during testing. I'll look into it when I have a moment.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:38:59 PM »
Okay, I think I found the problem with the crashing and fixed that. Get the new patch here if you like: https://www.sendspace.com/file/dxltdf

However, I'm not sure why you haven't been able to progress.
Spoiler:
If you really have pressed all eight statements and presented the right evidence on the two that ask for them, it should let you through automatically. I guess try double-checking that you've really pressed everything?

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 12:43:36 AM »
I just returned home after a little travel, so I saw your message, but I haven't test anything or reply something yet... Then let's correct this.

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll make a try as soon as possible, with a meticulous test. I'll try to give some news quickly. But I think you made your best here =)

(Once again, my apologies for any fault in my message. Thanks again)