Author Topic: Powercreep and Dragons Thread XXVII: Making Juggler less OP all day everyday  (Read 146190 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Re: Powercreep and Dragons Thread XXVII: Making Juggler less OP all day everyday
« Reply #960 on: February 24, 2016, 03:57:36 PM »
Unfortunately Espadas, I'll just point you to both release G/D Bastet and AHorus. Both Bastet players and Horus players cried out for "ruining the cards" despite the fact that they could just opt out on the other evolution. I'm pretty sure that if the original Pandora Uvo didn't have Devil Typing, a lot of Pandora players would have also fucking exploded.

As much as I hate GungHo sometimes, when it comes to pleasing players, game devs pretty much never win, exactly because most players are so entitled.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: Powercreep and Dragons Thread XXVII: Making Juggler less OP all day everyday
« Reply #961 on: February 24, 2016, 05:37:47 PM »

Hmmph.

One more skillup endeavor, two uvos, 10 million red experience, and a lot of plus eggs to go.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #962 on: February 24, 2016, 07:02:54 PM »
You are an extremely sillydedicated person.

Edit: Also, that image really goes to show how utterly pointless team cost is.  They should just remove it as a mechanic entirely
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:14:33 PM by Edible »

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #963 on: February 24, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
I was laughing a bit, then it struck me that i'll do the same for Wukong, now i'm making strategies on how to get good amounts of EXP efficiently.
So do i roll the REM and PEM now ? I have 15 stones right now and 13 PEM rolls. Is there anything useful for a Light Att. Team like mine ? Or good stuff ?

Edit: Nevermind, just looked it up and confirmed the Edible stuff.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:40:18 PM by Starlighthawk »

Edible

« Reply #964 on: February 24, 2016, 09:09:07 PM »
"Oh I should go make awoken pandora, let's level my surtr and aamir"

"... wait where the fuck are my surtr and aamir"

"Oh right I used surtr for awoken freyr, and I used aamir for..."

"... nothing, he was never an evo material."

???

"CURSE YOU, DRUNK EDIBLE"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #965 on: February 24, 2016, 09:42:52 PM »
"CURSE YOU, DRUNK EDIBLE"
:V Do you have a backup plan ? I mean, there should be something you can work with to solve this.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #966 on: February 24, 2016, 10:03:24 PM »
Aamir and Surt are fairly easy to obtain, but he'll have to wait around for them to descend again.

Also don't roll the REM until the next godfest oops.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #967 on: February 24, 2016, 10:21:43 PM »
Also don't roll the REM until the next godfest oops.
Rolling the PEM is ok ?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #968 on: February 24, 2016, 10:29:18 PM »
oh yeah roll the PEM all you like

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #969 on: February 24, 2016, 10:36:41 PM »
As a general rule right now I'd say always roll the Pal Machine during Enhance Carnival and Evo Carnival, never roll during Rare Monster Carnival. You're not really going to hurt anything if you do, Pal Points are cheap as dirt, but you probably just won't get much out of it that's worth your time.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Edible

« Reply #970 on: February 24, 2016, 10:41:20 PM »
Enhance carnival is definitely the way to go.  You'll always get something you can use out of it.

Evo carnival still has pretty high rates for minimally-useful materials that you probably have a lot of anyway (or are trivial to farm).

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #971 on: February 24, 2016, 11:16:04 PM »
Edit: Also, that image really goes to show how utterly pointless team cost is.  They should just remove it as a mechanic entirely
It's probably even more pointless now that most cost restriction dungeons are gone. And also pointless after a certain point a la that picture above, but it serves it's purpose at the lower levels where you have to earn your right to use your non trolly rem rolls to steamroll through early and mid game. That was pretty exhilarating. Do wish they could come up with something clever to do with all that extra though.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #972 on: February 24, 2016, 11:51:23 PM »
Cost is the primarily reason I can't use Raoh/Scarlet x3/???/Raoh to farm more Scarlet

Her low level stats are GARBAGE while Kiriko and Chiyome hit level 99 by the time I fight Armadel.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #973 on: February 24, 2016, 11:58:39 PM »
Yeah, I think level-up dungeons are actually a pretty elegant solution to how useless team costs are otherwise. It's a kind of irritating solution, but an effective one.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #974 on: February 25, 2016, 12:00:58 AM »
I agree that the cost mechanics is needed in early game, but it's hell of annoying to have good stuff that you can't use due to it, i can't evo Avalon Drake nor add Megjedra, which would bolster my team's power significantly. And how exactly would Level-Up Dungeons work ? I mean, like stamina cost, length, difficulty and such.

Also, should i get awakens on stuff like Kaguya's and U. Rider's TPAs and extended time ? Cause by the time i'm able to UEVO Wukong i'll have restocked the Tamadra pile.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #975 on: February 25, 2016, 01:58:32 AM »
I mean cost restrictions add absolutely nothing to the game now especially after they removed cost-restricted dungeons from the game, they could just as much make a stealth patch where levels in special dungeons are defined my rarity and not by cost and I don't think anyone would even notice the difference.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #976 on: February 25, 2016, 02:06:06 AM »
Making the rank dungeons less obsessed with hurry hurry hurry and adding in a bonus for low cost might encourage more diversity instead of that Ilm/ROdin wall we had last last time.

edit: Or you know, create different crowns for being the best in different achievements. Like a low cost hero crown or something for clearing with the lowest cost team or for scoring highest with the lowest cost team.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:10:33 AM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #977 on: February 25, 2016, 02:41:05 AM »
I mean cost restrictions add absolutely nothing to the game now especially after they removed cost-restricted dungeons from the game, they could just as much make a stealth patch where levels in special dungeons are defined my rarity and not by cost and I don't think anyone would even notice the difference.

Oh you would notice. One of the sneaky parts of level dungeons is that farmable cards typically have very high costs and certain cards that were deliberately pushed (awokens but not super ultimates, and notably deliberately OP collab golds) have low costs at the same or similar numbers of stars. I'm not saying that would be a bad idea, in fact it might be a much cooler system, but it would be much different.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #978 on: February 25, 2016, 06:42:39 AM »
This took way too long, but DIE YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE.

Three left.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #979 on: February 25, 2016, 11:52:08 AM »
As a lead, durga has an amazing subpool and a fairly easy leaderskill.  She's not really suited for endgame stuff, but you can certainly catch up to the endgame with her if you're a newer player.

As a sub, she has a home in HP conditional dark teams, of which there are many.  I've seen DMeta clear all sorts of content with a Durga in tow.

I won't argue that Durga has an easy leaderskill, but I think that Chinese Gods are far better as leaders in this respect, if you want to talk about versatile subpool, leader skill, and damage, x25 quad-color is pretty bad nowadays especially with Awoken Sakuya existing... And Hathor who is x20.25 but provide you with a great HP/RCV multiplier and nice awakenings though Hathor could just be improved as much as Durga. Especially as Durga's Active Skill is really shit to have two of, and it's super impractical to pair her up with a non-Durga friend lead unlike Lu Bu who can pair up with Ronia in order to accomplish basically the same thing, with even less effort.

EDIT: U&Y is x36 and L/G Sakuya is x36. LKali ult is also x36. Durga is left in the dust because her ult has no extra awakenings, so she's stuck with a piddly TPA to go with x25, while the others get more toys to play with.

Vritra's sole use being relegated to an optional card in farming teams almost certainly makes him the least useful overall, imo.  He's pretty terrible at everything else.

Dupes of Vritra are actually nice to have

Dupes of Durga are not

I rest my case
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:01:43 PM by trancehime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Edible

« Reply #980 on: February 25, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »
Got all the mats needed for Awoken Pandora now, except one dub mythlit. :V

Oh well, don't have the tamas I need for her yet anyway.  ... Or the badpys.  I need so many badpys, what the hell.

I won't argue that Durga has an easy leaderskill, but I think that Chinese Gods are far better as leaders in this respect

Chinese pantheon has always been among the best in the game throughout PAD's history, no one's arguing otherwise :V

if you want to talk about versatile subpool, leader skill, and damage, x25 quad-color is pretty bad nowadays especially with Awoken Sakuya existing... And Hathor who is x20.25 but provide you with a great HP/RCV multiplier and nice awakenings though Hathor could just be improved as much as Durga. Especially as Durga's Active Skill is really shit to have two of, and it's super impractical to pair her up with a non-Durga friend lead unlike Lu Bu who can pair up with Ronia in order to accomplish basically the same thing, with even less effort.

EDIT: U&Y is x36 and L/G Sakuya is x36. LKali ult is also x36. Durga is left in the dust because her ult has no extra awakenings, so she's stuck with a piddly TPA to go with x25, while the others get more toys to play with.

I mean, we're comparing Durga's uevo to super uevos and awoken evos here.  That's not a completely fair comparison, though I admit it's indicative of Durga's need for a buff. 

Re: Hathor, I think it's a cointoss in regards to leaderskill, and Durga's definitely the better sub of the two.  For new players I would still recommend Durga long before Hathor.

Really, we should probably just shove Durga into a "Needs Buffs Badly" tier, along with a number of other cards with similarly limited use, instead of debating who the actual "worst" god is.

Dupes of Vritra are actually nice to have

Dupes of Durga are not

I rest my case

I don't place much stock in dupes of anything, really :V

« Reply #981 on: February 25, 2016, 05:56:26 PM »
Got all the mats needed for Awoken Pandora now, except one dub mythlit. :V
lol same

Somehow I've run out of them despite having like 20 of em before all these ults

« Reply #982 on: February 25, 2016, 06:39:22 PM »

b-b-b-but edible u need 5 rodins n 3 escher mallys or u sKruB

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #983 on: February 25, 2016, 07:17:51 PM »
I mean, we're comparing Durga's uevo to super uevos and awoken evos here.  That's not a completely fair comparison, though I admit it's indicative of Durga's need for a buff. 

It's not fair, but it is apt. Because Durga's getting unfair treatment.

Re: Hathor, I think it's a cointoss in regards to leaderskill, and Durga's definitely the better sub of the two.  For new players I would still recommend Durga long before Hathor.

Wait really? I think Hathor has one of the best leader skills in the game (and is probably my most-wanted REM god at this point as a result) while Durga's is just a massively weaker version of any number of other cards. I don't think that's a coin toss at all.

No question that Durga is the better sub though, niche as she is. I can't really think of a time you would ever use Hathor as a sub.

Really, we should probably just shove Durga into a "Needs Buffs Badly" tier, along with a number of other cards with similarly limited use, instead of debating who the actual "worst" god is.

We can do both. :V

What of Kali? WHAT OF KALI?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #984 on: February 25, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »
Wait really? I think Hathor has one of the best leader skills in the game (and is probably my most-wanted REM god at this point as a result) while Durga's is just a massively weaker version of any number of other cards. I don't think that's a coin toss at all.

It's really not. Considering Kalis exist, you might as well go big or go home with 5+ colors these days in the first place, and while survivability used to excuse her to a degree, you uh, frankly can get that from a number of sources now.

4.5x with 1.35x survivability is slowly becoming the norm for non-color leads too, even if the closest is awoken FA Luci, and if you ring it right, the 1.5x boosters are often much stronger.

Color leads haven't been good if not Ra for a bit honestly, but Hathor suffers the worst of them because her gimmick is literally no longer special and we are not blown away by the existence of ~surviving a hit~.

The only reason it's a coin toss is because Durga's LS is obsoleted many over, but unlike Hathor we're going to probably see her get buffed much sooner :v

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #985 on: February 25, 2016, 09:03:55 PM »
It's really not. Considering Kalis exist, you might as well go big or go home with 5+ colors these days in the first place, and while survivability used to excuse her to a degree, you uh, frankly can get that from a number of sources now.

4.5x with 1.35x survivability is slowly becoming the norm for non-color leads too, even if the closest is awoken FA Luci, and if you ring it right, the 1.5x boosters are often much stronger.

Color leads haven't been good if not Ra for a bit honestly, but Hathor suffers the worst of them because her gimmick is literally no longer special and we are not blown away by the existence of ~surviving a hit~.

The only reason it's a coin toss is because Durga's LS is obsoleted many over, but unlike Hathor we're going to probably see her get buffed much sooner :v

Yeah that's fair, I guess I haven't reevaluated the Egypt 2s since they came out and I loved them initially (despite having never pulled any, and not for lack of trying). They were great at the time and I certainly appreciate their playstyle, but the game has taken the precedent they set and run with it in such a way that they outdated quickly.

I wouldn't be shocked if we do see a significant-ish Egypt 2 buff soon though, since Gungho has been going nuts handing out Type Killer. That seems like an easy way to give them a boost without actually changing them that much.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #986 on: February 25, 2016, 10:33:44 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked if we do see a significant-ish Egypt 2 buff soon though, since Gungho has been going nuts handing out Type Killer. That seems like an easy way to give them a boost without actually changing them that much.

I mean they were not in a HUGE buff patch, so i'm guessing Gungho either A) gives no fucks, because people will still worship Hathor's Tits and Nep's Seifuku B) realizes nut/osiris/technically set are okayish sub wise, and give no fucks about the rest or the fact they're mostly only okay in that role C) Has uuvos planned.

Either way, it might be a bit before they see the light of day again.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #987 on: February 26, 2016, 12:12:03 AM »
*Takes a look at helper list*
WHERE'S VERDANDI ?
Oh well, better use Espadas'.
.....WHERE'S VERDANDI?
Shit, what to do now ?
*Sees Amaterasu*
Perfect !

Now to actual question, does a card's Star tier matter on Skill-ups ? I have 2 Light Fairies for Wukong, but i dunno if evoing them will get me better skill-up chances.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #988 on: February 26, 2016, 12:14:43 AM »
Now to actual question, does a card's Star tier matter on Skill-ups ? I have 2 Light Fairies for Wukong, but i dunno if evoing them will get me better skill-up chances.
If it makes you feel better, then yes. But no not really.

e: the only time skill up chances increase, to 100% in this case, is if you feed your target uevo monster, at any level, the exact same uevo monster that is at max level.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:17:57 AM by Mеа »

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #989 on: February 26, 2016, 12:47:40 AM »
*Takes a look at helper list*
WHERE'S VERDANDI ?
Oh well, better use Espadas'.
.....WHERE'S VERDANDI?

"This is the voicemail of Espadas's brain. The main body and all higher mental functions are currently occupied zombie-farming shiny little gold eggs with mathematical symbols.
Please leave a message after the "beep" sound.
WHAT THE *beep* DO YOU WANT YOU *beep* ?!?! CAN'T YOU *beep* SEE I'M *beep* BUSY RIGHT NOW??!! I STILL NEED A *beep* OF THESE LITTLE *beep*!!"

what do you mean i put A.Loki in slot 1 to rack up pal points, forgetting about Starlighthawk? i would never do such a thing, silly  :V