Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79151 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 3, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #630 on: July 22, 2015, 08:44:31 AM »
Also need to nap then work, later
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #631 on: July 22, 2015, 08:45:57 AM »
Sky Pal's one post states his reads that Bard never so much as mentioned D1, unless it was after Bard stopped posting and D2 with a scum read on the sitting duck in the water scum.

That isn't going to change my mind, nor do I find it prudent to reevaluate when I had Shalako as my 2nd choice for scum after Bard.   The only thing I did was check to see what Bard's read on Shalako was (to make sure it was as I thought)

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #632 on: July 22, 2015, 08:48:09 AM »
Belated response to town mvp whatever, there's prolly no more 2nd cop, our universal backup sucks and got lynched d1, so there goes the chances of having dupes of strong power roles for town

Cut by 1

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #633 on: July 22, 2015, 10:23:15 AM »
DNA is too young to remember CotL where the Scum Governor was balanced by a dayvig.  :3
Why do you think you're going to die tonight? Did I miss you claiming something amazing back there?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #634 on: July 22, 2015, 11:48:50 AM »
Not entirely sure, but its just a hunch based on killspec.

Since scum danced around the kills and never picked to kill an obvtown such as conq or you (docclaim), instead going for low profile kills, I believe we can assume scum is either activiely scouting out PRS with a rolecop and killing those, or simply afraid of risking to fail a hit on your vest (since you claimed bp and all), scum hasn't killed conq yet and I don't think they plan to take the shot until d4/the day before symlo. Therefore and the next reasonable, logical kill of someone who falls under this spectrum is me.

Obviously, the above assumption wouldve only worked if I conq is town. But if he isn't, it shouldnt constitute a problem ATM because it should become obvious at lategame when his cases don't add up.  I am confident because I know how to play as ultra towny scum and for things to add up you have to at least mix some actual logic in your posts. Selective dissonance will only ever carry you so far, assuming whoever left at symlo will spot the problem.

This is also because as of typing up that post I was thinking about a Dorian/Dan/Shalako scumteam, and therefore the other 'inbetween' low profile townsfolk dont really feel like viable kill targets to me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #635 on: July 22, 2015, 12:03:44 PM »
ghgnggnhngngngg unlynchable scum why
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #636 on: July 22, 2015, 12:18:54 PM »
Apparently unrelated to her stumpiness, she was gifted unlynchable status.

Ah right, this, this has been sitting wrongly with me for awhile.

At firsr it was just this gutread of 'hey why does Dan even understand what shalakos spouting', then is gradually became 'hey how does Dan even trust what he's spouting'. And also Shalako's response to Dan is weird too. Like his usual antics are to be passive aggressive with everyone involved with him and he's shrugging of Dan's mocking comment with a 'oh well cant blame me' instead of snapping, I think that's pretty big for a scum whose sole agenda consists of rehashing the same policy lynch crap over and over and over again, and almost as if he's playing into our impression that he's a flailing, useless townie attempting a juvenile stunt as an appeal to pathos.

Also, since scum couldn't have known that shalako is getting shot, it seems only fair they would be attempting distancing tatics in order to 'divert the lynch somewhere more useful' instead of pushing for it again like most townies have been able to figure out, which is what Dorian did. As such, I am townclearing all those who brought up 'scum governor' as an active part of their rolespec, which includes conq, town MVP and raitaki(bless His noble soul who died for bards sins).

Serela also was actively against rolespec, something I am not sure if its his old Self or Scum Serela Posing to be Old Flailing Town, but after his newest blllargh post I am inclined towards the latter.

If Dorian flip scum though, I think I will be more confident about lynching Serela next. But right now honestly Serela could swing either way, and perhaps someone more familiar with his meta could enlighten me

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #637 on: July 22, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »
These are dorians sole posts throughout the night phase
So, now I read it but you can't prove that I understood it!<_<;

First I was wondering how the Shalako wagon came to be in the first place, cause the crime I saw him commit here was mostly getting furious about and therefore distracted by DNA. Something I can hardly blame him for.^^;

Second, the mystery of the setup. I have actually mixed feelings about a mess claim. Not that I mind to claim, in fact I will mostly do so right away cause I already played 2 of my 3 cards but don't take it as a encouragement to do the same. I still hope town has some aces up our common sleeve and if that's the case then they better stay hidden till they are needed.

So, I'm a jack of all trades with three one shoot abilities, the first was neighborisor which I used  night one but didn't get around to private talk to Murrin as I intended the other was the night talk tonight. The third is not your business now but I may or may not come to it tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it's time for me, so good night.
I claim responsibility for the night talk, does that count too?^^

However to explain my latest vote, I was skimming the game mostly for the vote situation, saw Shadowehs claim which lead me to reconsider my vote. And so I picked the wagon with the greatest chance to go through, that wasn't Shalako.

With this out of the way will I go and take a shower before I start to actually read the the last 5 pages. Even when I think that I'll regret.^^;
And as you may have noticed, while he did address the most immediate problem (unlynchable shalako), Dorian pretty much held his hand in participating in anything else, and given most of what the last five pages consist of basically scrambling for consolidation. It just struck me as very weird how Dorian didn't find material better than my case on shalako to focus on, in fact, my case was initially met with lukewarm response, and it wad because the deadline drawing near and shalako flipping out that it snowballed into a success. Tldr there's better things to dig into and not digging that is uncharacteristic of Dorian

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #638 on: July 22, 2015, 12:33:27 PM »
*much better things to dig into

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #639 on: July 22, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »
Customary
##Vote Dorian

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #640 on: July 22, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »
the difference between normal serela rolespec interest and this case is that I don't find "shalako flipped unlynchable" to be worth more than a basic go-over in logic. There's no puzzle, there's no interesting insights to be had, and I would -never- have thought 3 people would approve unlynchable scum as fair/balanced/fun. :T
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #641 on: July 22, 2015, 02:08:44 PM »
Quote from: conq
Unlynchable scum is pretty bullshit tbh

ActionDan

« Reply #642 on: July 22, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »
Dorian will be lynched over my dead body.  I'm going to go ahead and confirm he neighborized me and immediately asked why it was me instead of murrin before seeING sbs flip.  This means he wasn't the killer n1 or raitakis roleblocker.  On top of 5hat he's town, on top of that his role is a town one

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #643 on: July 22, 2015, 04:16:10 PM »
Bloody hell, I need to process that.

Okay, before I go and confirm if scum can action and kill at the same time and the interactions. Points to be made

But there's 3 scums and any one of them couldve carried out the kill, not being the killer is a flimsy reason

We literally got a neighbourizer scum last game, role is also weak reason

Building upon those points, I want to know what you two discussed in your qt that makes him so townu

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #644 on: July 22, 2015, 04:18:06 PM »
Also, I am not sure how a reaction means town, source being bards' Oscars tier faking in last game

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #645 on: July 22, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
Also, since you are basically running on confirmation bias that Dorian is town, I want to point out that even as scum, he could very well be surprised initially upon joining with the wrong person.

ActionDan

« Reply #646 on: July 22, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »
The point is that he got redirected and scum don't fake claim that tbh if there's a chance someone else can cc that.  It also makes sense with Sbs late d1 reads

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #647 on: July 22, 2015, 04:38:13 PM »
I don't see where you're going with this Dan; he got redirected by town!SB, that isn't alignment indicative

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #648 on: July 22, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Serela

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #649 on: July 22, 2015, 04:42:20 PM »
Okay, I dig this Dan, need to confirm myself about the SB part though, but I dont see why would you bs on me of all players anyway but still checking to be sure

ActionDan

« Reply #650 on: July 22, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
I don't see where you're going with this Dan; he got redirected by town!SB, that isn't alignment indicative

It's indicative he isn't the scum roleblocker which we know exists via raitaki.  Thus objectively (and discounting murrin)  he has a 1/8 chance to be scum.  The rest of us have 1/4

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #651 on: July 22, 2015, 04:50:36 PM »
Oh yeah that reminds me I still need to do that "catching up to an evaluation of current gamestate" thing.

Quote from: Start of D3
Active Captains:
-DNA
-Zak
-ActionDan
-Serela
-Skypal ft Bardiche
-Dorian
-Conq
-SB
-Pakkitoru
-Shadoweh

Why is Zakeri on this list NNR? :V Anyway let's narrow down people that are probably not scum upon review of recent information. New information about rules makes it quite likely Shadoweh is telling the truth, so there's that. ...wait why is SB still on this list too

-DNA
-ActionDan
-Skypal ft Bardiche
-Dorian
-Pakkitoru

I think the way Conq's been handling things continues to be very town, so he's off the list too. This is my new list of people to actually go through (as opposed to this initial elimination which takes less than a minute in total) so I'll get on that by the time I go to work today, which is in 4 hours. I'm probably going to put in food and do it right now, really z.z

Cut. ActionDan, probabilities like that really don't mean much in mafia. You can say "he only has half the probability to be scum as the rest of us!" but the reality is he is either 100% scum or 100% not scum and it's entirely possible that he falls in the false 12.5% of having recieved a scum pm at start. Just because he didn't do the roleblock means nothing because there's 2 other team members, and even if scum cannot act+kill he could totally still be the third. Neighborizer scum is not uncommon and scum would still be surprised to be redirected

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #652 on: July 22, 2015, 04:51:19 PM »
new information about roles*

I don't remember all the roleshens so upon a very basic skim I'll probably be able to cut out another name or two from that list, I remember Dorian fullclaimed right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #653 on: July 22, 2015, 04:52:45 PM »
Pakkitoru vigged Shalako and with Shalako's full pm that seems like a reliable statement, and I hiiiighly doubt scum would A.Have a vig in addition to gov (lolz) or B.Pull that gambit. Moreso A. So obviously pakkitoru obvious gets cut from the list

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #654 on: July 22, 2015, 04:54:14 PM »
(this is the useful kind of roleshens, unlike having a night of flailing over shalako being unlynchable)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #655 on: July 22, 2015, 04:57:32 PM »
Can confirm SB did name dorian scummy.
 He also express difficulty over reading dormio. since Dan replaced into dorms slot, reasoning does sound genuine. Stuff is at p9

Also can confirm raitaki claimed being roleblocked on page 11

Cut by 4

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #656 on: July 22, 2015, 05:02:47 PM »
Also, you guys can hardconfirm me right now if you want the ratios. As I claimed I  regenerated my beloved charge.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #657 on: July 22, 2015, 05:05:00 PM »
Wait, but Serela also kinda make sense.

Damn I am probably too sleepy and everything sounds super sheepable again

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #658 on: July 22, 2015, 05:07:34 PM »
By the way, I'm not really opposed to massclaim anymore. I don't care too much one way or another if we do it or not, although I'd certainly be interested if we could get everyone to agree that a couple most suspicious people should be forced to claim. Right now I assume this would be Me, Dan, and SkyBard.

What I'll say about my own role is that it's pretty snazzy (albeit somewhat problematic to use), but if I claim it, it would become COMPLETELY USELESS, and that would be a big shame! So yeah no, unless I catch a scum with it I'm not telling you what's going on, although I will say that I do not have anything that could possibly be useful (at -all-, in any capacity) to share right now. I mean if I'm about to be lynched (or we hit lylo, or something, etc) sure I'll out with it but yeah no.

cut:Right, DNA is beloved. I doubt there's scum beloved, although of course I imagine it goes away in lylo so it's not -completely- impossible DNA is scum. Also from DNA's play I think he's more likely town any otherwise anyway. That leaves two scum most likely being in Dan/SkyBard/Dorian. I loved Dorian's d1 but I need to reread him for d2 and for interactions with flipped scum still. SkyBard is lolz because not here d2 and Dan is... wait who did Dan replace again, oh yes Murrin! No, no, Dan replaced Dormio, what am I talking about. Wait who replaced Murrin? Gosh dang I better go look at those posts again >:T

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #659 on: July 22, 2015, 05:09:19 PM »
Patorikku, right. I forgot pretty quickly because I was gone most of the nightphase and then he instantly became vig cleared.