Author Topic: Cirno Quest - The STRONGEST Tale  (Read 62466 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Cirno Quest - The STRONGEST Tale
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2015, 10:40:44 AM »
>"I need you guys to help me with something."

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2015, 03:04:10 PM »
>"I need you guys to help me with something."

>Sunny pouts, holding Star at arm's length as best she can. "Nuh-uh, not after that stupid trick.  Not unless you've got something really good for us in return."
>Sounds like they'll need some compensation. What are you prepared to offer, if anything?

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »
>"...There's nobody else 'round here, right?"
>Glance about furtively.
>"'Cause I got some sick nasty rocks for you guys if you gimme a hand."

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2015, 11:06:45 PM »
>"...There's nobody else 'round here, right?"
>Glance about furtively.
>"'Cause I got some sick nasty rocks for you guys if you gimme a hand."

>"...rocks?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2015, 11:53:59 PM »
>"Um. Oh! What about the experience!? You guys wouldn't miss out on the chance to prank something would you?"

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2015, 09:08:14 AM »
>"Um. Oh! What about the experience!? You guys wouldn't miss out on the chance to prank something would you?"

>"Well, we DO like pranking things..." Star says thoughtfully. "Who's the target?"

((So once again the time has come for a brief hiatus - except this one's a lot longer. I'm going on a cruise, and there won't be WiFi there, so I won't be able to update. I'll be back in about 2 weeks - 12 days, to be specific. See y'all then!))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:18:30 PM by unofficialsofonisba »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
//Have fun!
>"A huge frog."

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2015, 10:05:39 AM »
//Have fun!
>"A huge frog."

> "How do we prank a frog?" Sunny asks skeptically.
> "Why do we prank a frog?" Star adds, a note of fear in her voice.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »
>"Why not?"
>Pause, with a look of intense, fairyish focus.
>"Uhhh....I'm sure we'll figure something out to prank it with! ...Maybe a bucket of ice-water on a doorframe..?"
>Beat.
"Waaiiiiiit....Do frogs even have houses? Maan, I'm gonna be up all night trying to figure that out now!"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:16 AM »
>"Why not?"
>Pause, with a look of intense, fairyish focus.
>"Uhhh....I'm sure we'll figure something out to prank it with! ...Maybe a bucket of ice-water on a doorframe..?"
>Beat.
"Waaiiiiiit....Do frogs even have houses? Maan, I'm gonna be up all night trying to figure that out now!"

> "W-well, I've never seen a frog house..." Daiyousei muses thoughtfully. "Maybe -"
> "Okay but where do we come in," interrupts Sunny, causing Daiyousei to squeak and shrink in on herself a little. "Also frogs don't have houses, you stupid, they live in trees. Everybody knows that."
> "I  didn't know that," Luna mutters sulkily.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:20 AM »
>"Oh I remember, it lives in the lake! We'll lure the frog out with these frozen frogs I have. After that, you guys do you invisible stuffs and thingies on me and I'll freeze it good when it falls for the trap!"

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2015, 01:10:18 PM »
> How tall are we?
> How tall is Daiyousei?
> How small can fairies get?
> Is 3 to 4.5 the average fairy size range, or the known minimum and maximum?
> Forget tall fairies. Can fairies be shorter than three feet? If so, how low do they go?
> How large are the fairies of light compared to us?
> How tall are these mooks?

Woah! Gee! Yikes! Don't tell me you're lookin' for a chance to stuff some faeries under somebody's clothes in this text adventure too, Kilga!

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2015, 01:21:46 PM »
I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

EDIT: Though that did reminded me that I more or less asked that question once before. I blame terrible memory. <_< Regardless, question's been rescinded, since it was already answered.

EDIT 2: Though there is actually still a minor curiosity.

> Is Star the tallest of these mooks? If so, which of Sunny and Luna is taller?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:03:29 PM by Kilgamyon »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »
>"Oh I remember, it lives in the lake! We'll lure the frog out with these frozen frogs I have. After that, you guys do you invisible stuffs and thingies on me and I'll freeze it good when it falls for the trap!"

> The three pause to consider your expert plan. A brief huddle takes place. Then they turn back to you, calculating expressions on their faces.
> "Doing your lame prank sounds great and all," begins Sunny, "but if you expect us to help you for free, you're out of luck."
> "Yeah," continues Star, nodding firmly. "And we don't want your dumb rocks or whatever you were trying to give us before."
> "We want something good! Something we can use." Luna crosses her arms. "And if you've got something like that...we'll help you. Deal?"

Woah! Gee! Yikes! Don't tell me you're lookin' for a chance to stuff some faeries under somebody's clothes in this text adventure too, Kilga!

> You stuff the three fairies and Daiyousei into the voluminous folds of your skirt and fuse into SUPER ULTRA MEGA UBER HYPER MULTI COMBO PREFIX CIRNO. All of Gensokyo flees before your might.

> Is Star the tallest of these mooks? If so, which of Sunny and Luna is taller?

> Star is the tallest, yes, though only by a little - the three are all roughly the same height. The order from tallest to shortest is Star, Sunny, Luna.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2015, 07:07:33 PM »
Well, we're not parting with our flag, so this is a problem...
>Rummage around our skirt pockets for something, coming up empty.
>"Uh... Oh! wait a sec."
>Grab Daiyousei and move away from the fairies a bit.
>Whisper to her: "Do you know where Misty is right now?"

« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »
Well, we're not parting with our flag, so this is a problem...
>Rummage around our skirt pockets for something, coming up empty.
>"Uh... Oh! wait a sec."
>Grab Daiyousei and move away from the fairies a bit.
>Whisper to her: "Do you know where Misty is right now?"

> "Misty? U-um, well, it's pretty early in the morning, so she's p-probably asleep..." She frowns. "Why?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2015, 07:29:19 PM »
>"Well, I'm kinda hungry, and that made me think that these guys would like some of Misty's fantastic lamprey as payment for helping us."

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2015, 09:29:21 PM »
>"Well, I'm kinda hungry, and that made me think that these guys would like some of Misty's fantastic lamprey as payment for helping us."

> "O-oh!" Daiyousei nods. "W-well, you know how Misty gets when she hasn't had much sleep, but i-it's worth a shot!"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2015, 10:43:36 PM »
>"It won't be that bad, we just pop in for a second, ask her for some lamprey, then say goodbye and boom."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »
> How loose and free-flowing is the bottom of our dress?
> How tight is the top of our dress? (Ignore our undershirt for the purposes of this question.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2015, 11:18:52 PM »
>"It won't be that bad, we just pop in for a second, ask her for some lamprey, then say goodbye and boom."

> "W-well, if you really think so..." Daiyousei nods. "OK, l-let's do it."

> How loose and free-flowing is the bottom of our dress?
> How tight is the top of our dress? (Ignore our undershirt for the purposes of this question.)

> You're not sure what material your dress is made out of, but it's definitely not silk or anything like it. It's pretty swishy, but nothing special. The top of your dress fits you snugly, as if it was tailor-made for you, which as far as you know it is.
> Thinking about it, it's weird how little you know about your own clothes. Might be worth finding out more about it if you're really bored some time. You don't know who you'd ask, though...

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2015, 11:48:22 PM »
>We'd ask mama letty of course!
>To the 3 fairies of light: "Ok guys, I hope you hadn't had breakfast yet. We'll be right back!"
>Fly away with Daiyousei to Mistia's place.

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2015, 12:02:48 AM »
>To the 3 fairies of light: "Ok guys, I hope you hadn't had breakfast yet. We'll be right back!"
>Fly away with Daiyousei to Mistia's place.

> The three fairies watch you go with skeptical looks on their faces.
> Mystia's shop is mobile, so its exact location varies from day to day, but given her customer demographic she usually doesn't stray too far from the human village, and today is no exception. The two of you quickly spot her cart stationed along the road leading through the forest, and upon landing next to it you hear faint snoring coming from inside.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2015, 01:02:11 AM »
> Wait, Mystia sleeps in her card? Shouldn't she have, like, a birdhouse, or something? Even we have a house!
> How late in the day does Mystia typically wake up?

MiniKing: Since we're in the middle of an idea of yours, I don't expect I'll be doing more than asking side questions that don't advance the action, so you needn't worry about me doing such a thing unless I'm struck by a really good idea somehow. Just go ahead and keep doing your thing, and I'll poke along for information in the background, as it were.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:09:35 AM by Kilgamyon »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2015, 01:21:23 AM »
> Wait, Mystia sleeps in her card? Shouldn't she have, like, a birdhouse, or something? Even we have a house!
> How late in the day does Mystia typically wake up?

> It's true that pretty much everyone you know has some kind of permanent dwelling place, but unlike fairies or even most youkai, Mystia has a job, and one that requires her to move around a lot, too. Therefore, she finds it easier to just sleep with her cart. It's pretty nice in there, if cramped, once she cleans up for the night. (To put it in terms of the Outside World, Mystia sleeps in her car.)
> Mystia's a natural youkai, and a night sparrow youkai at that, so she's pretty exclusively nocturnal. She usually gets up right around sunset so she'll have plenty of time to get the shop ready for the night's business.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2015, 01:25:28 AM »
> How tall is Mystia?
> How do we normally get grilled lamprey from Mystia?

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2015, 01:49:11 AM »
>"I can hear her snoring inside. Let's go Daiyousei."
>To the stand!

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2015, 02:22:07 AM »
> How tall is Mystia?
> How do we normally get grilled lamprey from Mystia?

> Mystia's pretty short for a youkai, being fairly low-power; amongst magical beings such as youkai and fairies, height is one of those things that's inexplicably linked to power in some way, in that higher-powered youkai tend to be taller than lower-powered ones. This isn't an ironclad rule, of course, but it's how it tends to happen. She's around Daiyousei's height.
> You normally get grilled lamprey from Mystia the way everyone else gets grilled lamprey from Mystia: by buying it from her. She gives you a discount because you're friends, though (also because you're a fairy and fairies don't exactly have jobs).

>"I can hear her snoring inside. Let's go Daiyousei."
>To the stand!

> Holy night sparrows, Batman!
> You're already at the stand. Are you trying to get inside? It's pretty cramped in there; you could probably fit in there, but Daiyousei would have a hard time, and you definitely couldn't both fit at the same time.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2015, 02:27:01 AM »
>Do we have enough for 3 (or possibly 5) lamprey?

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2015, 07:49:57 AM »
>Do we have enough for 3 (or possibly 5) lamprey?

> You keep your money in a secret safe place near your house. Don't want anyone stealing it, after all - you don't have that much, and the only way you can reliably replenish your supply is by stealing from humans. As a result, you don't actually have any money on you right now. Maybe Mystia will let you have some for free if you explain it's for an epic prank?