Author Topic: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread  (Read 99309 times)

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Re: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2015, 11:30:47 AM »
Right now, it's a B- and I'm staying up with it for once. The previous two times I got up into B- I kept getting players who either dropped, or just were terrible players; so I kept getting straight loses with no wins. So far, I've succeeded in staying up this time; so hopefully, B will be just round the corner... rotten luck notwithstanding~ :V

Puppy hasn't hit Lv 10 yet, so she can't comment~ XD

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2015, 11:49:26 AM »
Kanjou,

A user named puppy added me on Mii, that is puppy herself right? Because there was no msg along so I was confused.

If that is puppy I will accept it tonight. Apologies  :ohdear:

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2015, 03:27:00 PM »
If said Puppy is wearing glasses, and is red... then yes, it is her. {Think her NNID is werepuppy from what I remember}

She... forgets to do messages, it seems~ XD

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2015, 04:10:52 PM »
Aaaaaah ok my bad  :blush:  added  :D

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2015, 06:38:13 PM »
I'm rank D I think. I don't really play much, and all the ranked matches were done by siblings.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2015, 09:09:17 PM »
The minimum rank is C-

I was B- a while ago.

and then got systematically beaten over and over and over and over until I reached C rank.

Edit: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/09/nintendo-america-announces-new-splatfest-for-splatoon/
do you prefer your rides wet or dry?

Personally I've always hated Roller Coasters, but I absolutely love playing at the water park. Feels so nice!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:22:03 PM by WHMZakeri »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2015, 04:36:55 AM »
I like both kinds of rides, even though roller coasters still took a little getting used to. However, I have some particularly fond memories of water slides and log flume rides from theme parks as a kid, especially given the hot summer days we tended to go to those places.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2015, 05:03:36 AM »
Right! With the Splatfest out of the way with, two new weapons are on the way for tomorrow! This time, we have the Sploosh-o-Matic, and the .96 Gal Deco. The Sploosh looks interesting, and I can't wait to have a poke at it~ XD

Oh, and Pasu, was great playing with you earlier; we seriously rock on the same team! Also, nice combination~ XD

Same here! Too bad we couldn't play together longer  :ohdear:

Thoughts on sploosh: fun melee, but I have to say I was disappoined it wasn't a laser weapon like what it looked like here  

B- rank here, when Tower Control first got released I jumped into it recklessly and kept shooting to and fro the threshold of C+ and B-. Then a few days ago I got to 60 points on my B- when the stages and modes changed and then I almost went back into C+ after a lose streak  :colonveeplusalpha:

Also I agree, C- and C mostly depends on rng for you to get dependable team mates but the /real/ ranked matches start once you reach C+ and B-

Water rides for me! (Especially in this insufferable summer heat)

edit: oh yeah new map coming very soon, the tower!

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
I just had the best Rank up match ever. I got splatted 0 times and sniped all four people with my Dynamo Roller :V Back to B- for me.

Edit: And I managed another splatzone KO coming in from the other team having 99 points.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:24:43 AM by WHMZakeri »

« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2015, 10:47:58 AM »
Why can't there be peace between the Inklings and Octolings?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »
I have yet to play a single ranked match (I'm level 14). I'm too scared of my connection. At best it's incredibly unreliable, at worst it's absolute shit. Hopefully my adapter gets here tomorrow.

I like both kinds of rides, even though roller coasters still took a little getting used to. However, I have some particularly fond memories of water slides and log flume rides from theme parks as a kid, especially given the hot summer days we tended to go to those places.

Roller coasters, a million times over. I hate having wet pants. How do people even go on water rides in 2015 when everyone has a phone in their pocket?

Because inklings are aggro bros who only care about sports and brand clothes and who like picking on the nerdy octolings.

Playable octolings pleeeeease Nintendo. This is my number one want.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2015, 01:56:44 PM »
With land being scarce, of course there will be conflict over resources.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/619421657094959104

New map looks in Splatoon screams CHARGERS. CHARGEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Urgh

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2015, 02:44:13 PM »
Screams killing myself more times than in Arowna.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2015, 02:50:18 PM »
Dammit I hate chargers

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2015, 05:44:46 AM »
Roller coasters, a million times over. I hate having wet pants. How do people even go on water rides in 2015 when everyone has a phone in their pocket?

You could not glue the phone to your butt and have fun in the real world.
Water slides implies you're wearing swimsuits anyways.

Also I tested the new maps, and Chargers are ... I can't use them. I can't use them at all.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2015, 10:11:15 AM »
Europe has worst SplatFest theme this time. What do you prefer: "Eating" or "Sleeping"

I mean W T F

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
I pretty much said that as well; I'd rather have America's fest. {Which, btw, me and Puppy were split on again. Puppy sided with water rides; I would not~ :V }

But hey, it's not all bad... I hope to see pictures of Yuyuko floating around to represent TeamEating; it must be done! XD

« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2015, 11:44:07 AM »
Team Yuyuko vs. Team Yukari.

Still how would you even pick? Both are pretty nessecery, so you can't use logic of "which one can I do without".
Oh well, I'm kind of thankful for splatfest themes I don't care about, after what Rooting for Cats did to me last time.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2015, 12:16:35 PM »

Still how would you even pick? Both are pretty nessecery, so you can't use logic of "which one can I do without".
Was exactly what I was discussing with few people as well.

I mean the Food splatfest of Japan makes sense: They are both food, but not essential so you could go with one or the other depending on your preferences. The first EU splatfest was also logical: Music. Some listen to pop, some to rock.

But how the **** can you make people decide between sleep or eat? They are both vital, crucial and extremely necessary for a human being. You cannot go with one because it would kill you. Not eating and only sleeping would kill you due to starvation :V and only eating and not eating will kill you by heart infarct or something.

Thanks Oba--- Thanks Merkel.

@ Kanjou: Roller coasters vs Water rides is an easy choice to make for me. Water rides are always so boring imo. Usually they consist of max 1 or 2 drops and no other things at all. Half of the time you're floating around. I've yet to come across a water ride which is thrilling / fast. Roller coasters!

BUT GDI I AM IN THE EU. ATH#$%$#@#

Edit: Oh, seeing the EU Splatfest as Yuyuko vs Yukari would make my life easier! I would pi----   eh- pick. Ehm.

THANKS ZAKERI FOR MAKING THIS EVEN HARDER.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 12:25:57 PM by Helepolis »

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2015, 01:18:45 PM »
Helepolis, whoever you pick, Remilia will disapprove~ :V

{I ended up siding with Yuyuko, because I constantly eat without feeling full... and never seem to put any of it on. Also, with how little I actually sleep, food still wins out~ :V
YUYUKOYUYUKOBLACKHOLE! :3

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2015, 04:21:05 PM »
You could not glue the phone to your butt and have fun in the real world.
Water slides implies you're wearing swimsuits anyways.

Also I tested the new maps, and Chargers are ... I can't use them. I can't use them at all.

Seems kind of masochistic to put yourself in a situation where you'll be standing in hour-long lines without an MP3 player, not to mention communication and time-keeping being important if you're with a group.

But yeah, fair enough, I did assume that I would be at a theme park with both water rides and roller coasters, since that's how it's always come up for me before. If you're going to a water park specifically you probably aren't wearing pants. But I don't think there's much of a reason to do that because roller coasters are way betteeeeer (there's also no reason you couldn't wear swim trunks to a theme park regardless, but I'm not going to do that, so...).

And yeah, I wish I could use chargers. I wish there were single-player turf wars options so I could test weird weapons without tanking whatever team I end up on, but I guess that wouldn't be that useful.

« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2015, 05:16:30 PM »
It's not the same without moving targets, but there is a test area for weapons that even gives feedback on how much damage you do to different targets.
It doesn't help with my problem which is "HOW DO AIM?" But it's a very useful tool, especially when experimenting with damage up skills on different weapons.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2015, 05:56:31 PM »
Yeah, I always spend more time than I mean to messing around with new weapons in that mode whenever I unlock one. It's not super useful, but it's something.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2015, 02:09:42 AM »
Uuuuuh my god I can't handle krakens on the new map. I was tearing my fucking hair out earlier just dying to them over and over and over and over... When faced with a kraken on Moray Towers the only options seem to be die, or dive off the side (or squeeze past, sometimes) and just give it control over whatever area it wants. The passages are way too narrow to get away, unless you get so far away that you can't stop it afterward. Not sure if I like it (the map) or not. I found chargers to be a lot less trouble on it than I was guessing because they don't handle vertical distance super well, but the fucking krakens, and to a lesser extent rollers... When teams are relatively balanced on it it seems kind of fun, although possibly the most linear map I've played on yet. But when one team is loaded with krakens it is the most frustrating experience I've had with Splatoon yet. Am I missing something? Is there a trick to handling them? I've been watching other players try to handle them as carefully as I can, but I haven't seen a workaround yet.

So, has the kraken nerf been implemented yet or not? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work, but shooting them is supposed to push them back, right? That doesn't seem to be happening for me, or if it is it's not noticeable to me.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2015, 06:26:32 AM »
It doesn't appear to push them back but just stop their momentum. You also need to be using quite a higher fire rate weapon,  shooting with like a 52 won't fling them 100m back. Something like an aerospray will basically shut them down though. Also works better when they jump because you can't gain speed in the air.

« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2015, 01:32:38 PM »
As a person who doesn't main the Kraken, I have found absolutely no noticeable difference pre and post-patch in their performance.
It doesn't appear to push them back but just stop their momentum. You also need to be using quite a higher fire rate weapon,  shooting with like a 52 won't fling them 100m back. Something like an aerospray will basically shut them down though. Also works better when they jump because you can't gain speed in the air.
Oh so the nerf works great for everyone except Chargers, Rollers, Blasters, and half of the shooters. Fantastic  :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2015, 02:17:42 PM »
I've let Keine on IRC decide my alignment for the Splatfest with a bo3. "I prefer to Eat" came out as winner so I am now on my way to get fat.

No time to sleep,
I got food to eat,
Sorry baby but I have no time to sleep.
No time to sleep,
I got food to eat,
Sorry baby but I have no time to sleep.
No time.
< dun dun dun >
No time!

« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2015, 10:25:30 PM »
so I've used the kraken a few times and I have found noticable differences pre and post-patch in their performance. :ohdear:

On the bright side, I managed to get a Quadsplat because the entire other team thought it'd be a good idea to baselock us by running into the same chokepoint while I pop out of the other route they could have gone down.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2015, 07:20:25 AM »
B+ 58p  again after I keep dropping to B and back to B+. Road to A+ is suffering. Though the games seriously are tough if people pick a good loadout. I've learned during B- that the Splattershot Jr is great for turf wars but not for TC or SZ. The range and punch that the Jr lacks is the downside. That is why I use Blaster in TC and Pro in SZ. I cry a little when allies appear with Sploosh / Aerospray other low dmg and range spray weapons.

If you're good with Chargers then you will perform well on all ranks.