Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest  (Read 72270 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Wind Priestess Quest
« Reply #870 on: September 22, 2015, 05:57:36 PM »
>"Oh my Kana- I mean... Ah Suwako-sama was right to worry. What could she have been coming down here for so much?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #871 on: September 22, 2015, 06:13:14 PM »
>"Oh my Kana- I mean... Ah Suwako-sama was right to worry. What could she have been coming down here for so much?"
>"Well, it's kinda hard to explain. It would be easier if you saw it for yourself..." Orin looks at the girl on the bed, "Satori-sama, I'm going to take Ms. Kochiya to the reactor chamber. I'll be back soon."
>"Very well..." she replies hoarsely, "...Could you please... bring me a glass of water... when you get back..."
>"Sure thing, Satori-sama. Koishi, could you please stay with her?"
>"Of course." Koishi answers.

>Orin looks in your direction, "Alright, come with me... Hang on, who are you?" she asks, noticing Kogasa, "I don't recall ever seeing you before..."
>"I'm Kogasa Tatara." Kogasa replies.
>"Nice to meet you, I'm Rin Kaenbyou, but please, call me Orin. So, why are you here?"
>"I came down here with Sanae..."
>"Well, any friend of Sanae is a friend of mine... But I think it's best that you stay here for now..."
>"Uh... Okay..." Kogasa looks at you, "I guess I'll stay here then, if that's alright with you..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #872 on: September 22, 2015, 08:26:33 PM »
>"Alright, I'll see you later. Don't screw anything up down here Kogasa."
>Follow Orin
>"Kogasa's an annoying Youkai whom always tries to surprise me in her free time, which is apparently all the time. I'm not entirely sure why I wanted to bring her with me, but I felt the need to. She hasn't been annoying at all since we've came here ether. Actually, she's been rather helpful, I guess."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #873 on: September 22, 2015, 09:40:47 PM »
>"Alright, I'll see you later. Don't screw anything up down here Kogasa."
>"I'll try not to..."

>Follow Orin
>You follow Orin out of the room. She begins to lead you down a side corridor.

>"Kogasa's an annoying Youkai whom always tries to surprise me in her free time, which is apparently all the time. I'm not entirely sure why I wanted to bring her with me, but I felt the need to. She hasn't been annoying at all since we've came here ether. Actually, she's been rather helpful, I guess."
>"Oh, so you're not really friends, then? In that case I'm sorry for calling her your friend." Orin chuckles, before returning to silence.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #874 on: September 22, 2015, 10:02:52 PM »
>"If what Koishi said about the mini-sun literally sucking is right, and Lady Kanako has a part in this, then there must be something wrong with her."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #875 on: September 22, 2015, 10:31:21 PM »
>"If what Koishi said about the mini-sun literally sucking is right, and Lady Kanako has a part in this, then there must be something wrong with her."
>"Oh, heavens no. I can assure you your goddess is perfectly fine," Orin replies, "She's just... afraid... that's all... Don't worry. Things will become clearer once you talk to her."

>Orin leads you through a door at the end of the side corridor. The two of you enter a large courtyard, at the end of which is another small cavern. As the two of you approach it, you feel the air continue to grow warmer. As the two if you pass into the cavern, the air feels as if it's a hot summer day on the surface. A few meters into the cavern, the two of you come to a large steel door. A small yellow square bearing the radiation symbol is painted on the right side of it.

>Orin walks over to a keypad on the side of the door and inputs a code. A few seconds later, the door slides open, and you are treated to the familiar sight of the reactor observation chamber. However, almost immediately you can tell something is wrong. Looking out through the massive window on the opposite side of the room, you can see the fusion reactor. Normally, it's a brilliant, orange-yellow, glowing sphere of plasma. But today it's a sickly bright blue-white color, and it appears to be pulsating at regular intervals. On top of that, you hear a sickening, eerie hum constantly emanating from it. Unstable loops of superheated gas resembling solar prominences jet out of the sides at random periods. Some of them appear to be getting dangerously close to the window.

>As you step into the room, you immediately see Kanako standing in the center of the room. She does not look well at all. In fact, one could say that she looks incredibly stressed. You also spot Utsuho and Nitori near the front of the room. Both appear to be busily fiddling with a terminal. Several other kappa are down here as well, busily working on various tasks. It also feels incredibly hot in here.
>"Ms. Yasaka, I have someone here to see you." Orin says formally.
>Kanako looks in your direction, and her eyes widen in surprise.
>"Sanae!?! What are you doing here!?! Orin, I thought we all had an agreement."
>"I know, but letting one person know won't hurt us, would it? Besides, she's from your shrine. Meaning we can trust her, right?"
>Kanako sighs "Leave us, Orin. Your mistress needs you right now."
>"Of course, I was about to go back to her anyway..."

>Kanako stares at you for a moment as Orin leaves.
>"I was hoping you wouldn't find out about this..." she says.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #876 on: September 22, 2015, 11:04:44 PM »
>"Lady Kanako, this is where you've been... what is all this?"
>"Why didn't you tell anyone!? Suwako-sama and I were so worried about you!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #877 on: September 23, 2015, 12:22:22 AM »
>"Lady Kanako, this is where you've been... what is all this?"
>"Let me explain." Kanako replies, "Earlier this week I came down here to run some experiments on the reactor with Utsuho and Nitori. We were trying to find a way to boost its power output... But then something terrible happened. The experiment backfired horribly. Instead of providing more energy, the reactor began sucking energy from its surroundings. Utsuho describes it as a sort of 'heat vacuum'... It's effects were subtle at first, it was only causing localized chills on the outskirts of Gensokyo, but within 24 hours it began to draw heat from everywhere on the surface... We've been trying to shut the reactor down ever since, but everything we've tried so far has failed..."

>"Why didn't you tell anyone!? Suwako-sama and I were so worried about you!"
>"I'm sorry for not telling you. I just didn't want you, Suwako, or anyone else for that matter to find out about what was going on down here..."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #878 on: September 23, 2015, 12:42:47 AM »
>"But someone might be able to help! It's be better if people knew about this!"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #879 on: September 23, 2015, 12:47:45 AM »
>"On one side, I'm happy you're safe and sane. On the other, Reimu was right about our shrine possibly being involved."
>"I take it this is what caused...that, to happen to Orin's mistress?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #880 on: September 23, 2015, 01:02:27 AM »
>"But someone might be able to help! It's be better if people knew about this!"
>"No. Sanae. It wouldn't." Kanako says sternly, "Do you know how much faith we would lose if people found out that I was responsible for this? Especially with our reputation. And even if Suwako and I survive the loss of faith, do you think we'd have a chance in hell of recruiting followers ever again? Not to mention that the people living down here would also experience a severe blow to their reputation."

>"On one side, I'm happy you're safe and sane. On the other, Reimu was right about our shrine possibly being involved."
>"Hmph. I knew she would grow suspicious of us eventually... Does she know for certain that we're involved?"

>"I take it this is what caused...that, to happen to Orin's mistress?"
>"...Not directly, no... The reason she's in her current condition is because of an... accident... that happened earlier this morning when we attempted to shut the reactor down..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #881 on: September 23, 2015, 01:19:51 AM »
>"Reimu was only suspicious of our shrine, possibly due to earlier incidents, when I visited her. I think she mentioned going to our shrine later to check up on Suwako, but I managed to sway her into going to Hakugyokurou with Marisa instead. I told her I'd check back in with Suwako. 'For now' she said. She's already been to most of the places in Gensokyo, so she's bound to come here eventually."
>"You're right, we can't let anyone know... Do you think the mistake that caused the sun to start absorbing heat can be done again to reverse it? I know it's a longshot, but depending on how the thing started, it might seem logical...I think."

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #882 on: September 23, 2015, 01:54:00 AM »
>"What happened when you tried to shut it down?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #883 on: September 23, 2015, 02:09:09 AM »
>"Reimu was only suspicious of our shrine, possibly due to earlier incidents, when I visited her. I think she mentioned going to our shrine later to check up on Suwako, but I managed to sway her into going to Hakugyokurou with Marisa instead. I told her I'd check back in with Suwako. 'For now' she said. She's already been to most of the places in Gensokyo, so she's bound to come here eventually."
>"Well at the very least you've bought us some time to hopefully resolve this incident before she finds out I was involved..."

>"You're right, we can't let anyone know... Do you think the mistake that caused the sun to start absorbing heat can be done again to reverse it? I know it's a longshot, but depending on how the thing started, it might seem logical...I think."
>"That's what we tried this morning to shut the reactor down... As you can see, it didn't work."

>"What happened when you tried to shut it down?"
>Kanako turns away.
>"It caused a power fluctuation, followed by a massive burst of radiation and superheated gas... Normally, the safety door would've automatically closed to prevent this room from being irradiated, but today... of all days... it failed... If Satori hadn't closed it manually when she did, almost all the people in this room, and potentially everyone in the Palace, would've been severely injured or killed... Unfortunately, because she did that... she received a massive dosage of radiation..."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #884 on: September 23, 2015, 02:32:03 AM »
>"Oh, dear. Is there anything in Gensokyo that can fight radiation poisoning? Surely something magical could counter that, right?"
>"We still have to work quickly, that Hakurei intuition will lead her to us soon enough..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #885 on: September 23, 2015, 02:45:57 AM »
>"Oh, dear. Is there anything in Gensokyo that can fight radiation poisoning? Surely something magical could counter that, right?"
>"I know there's that doctor in Eientei. But I don't know if we can trust her. Orin has already tried to persuade me to change my mind. Twice. But my answer still stands. Despite Satori's condition, I can't risk anyone taking a trip to Eientei right now. Especially since Reimu, and likely her friends as well, already suspect us and the people involved with us..." Kanako turns to face you, "Though, now that you're here... Perhaps you could fetch that doctor for us, since Reimu has already talked to you, and therefore won't suspect you as much... Plus people wouldn't be as prone to question a human heading there as opposed to a goddess, kappa, or kasha."

>"We still have to work quickly, that Hakurei intuition will lead her to us soon enough..."
>"Indeed."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #886 on: September 23, 2015, 03:01:11 AM »
>"Well I doubt there's anything I could do to help here right now, you all seem to have it covered the best you can. I'd be more than happy to get Eirin and bring her here."
>"I don't know how I'll get back, I had to fight through the bridge gaurd and an oni on the way here. I wouldn't have made it if Koishi hadn't shown up when she did..."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #887 on: September 23, 2015, 03:13:57 AM »
>"There's also the fact that, for obvious reasons, the elevator is locked. Suwako would also become suspicious if it was suddenly unlocked and I came from it. Perhaps Koishi can help me get out to the doctor and back without being noticed."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #888 on: September 23, 2015, 03:36:04 AM »
>"Well I doubt there's anything I could do to help here right now, you all seem to have it covered the best you can. I'd be more than happy to get Eirin and bring her here."
>"I don't know how I'll get back, I had to fight through the bridge gaurd and an oni on the way here. I wouldn't have made it if Koishi hadn't shown up when she did..."
>"There's also the fact that, for obvious reasons, the elevator is locked. Suwako would also become suspicious if it was suddenly unlocked and I came from it. Perhaps Koishi can help me get out to the doctor and back without being noticed."
>"Splendid. Orin and Utsuho would be happy to hear that." Kanako replies, "And while you could use Koishi, you could always just ask Orin, and she'll let Parsee know to leave you alone. Ultimately, it's your choice."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #889 on: September 23, 2015, 03:37:46 AM »
>"I think I'd rather stay away from Parsee, but Koishi is also really unpredictable..."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #890 on: September 23, 2015, 03:38:44 AM »
>"Sure Orin would eliminate the problem with Parsee, and probably Yuugi, but there's still me coming out of the Hakurei Shrine's entrance to the underground. Unless there's another, more discreet way out/in?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #891 on: September 23, 2015, 03:43:05 AM »
>"I think I'd rather stay away from Parsee, but Koishi is also really unpredictable..."
>"Sure Orin would eliminate the problem with Parsee, and probably Yuugi, but there's still me coming out of the Hakurei Shrine's entrance to the underground. Unless there's another, more discreet way out/in?"
>"Oh, yes, now that you put it that way, I recommend taking Koishi with you... Sure, she may be unpredictable, but she'll probably fully cooperate with you, since her sister is concerned."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #892 on: September 23, 2015, 03:53:49 AM »
>"Now the only problem is to see if the doctor will be able to come here."
>Head back to Satori and the others.
>"Koishi, I'd like for you to accompany me to Eientei. I've heard the doctor there could be useful if we get her to come here."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #893 on: September 23, 2015, 04:27:27 AM »
>"Now the only problem is to see if the doctor will be able to come here."
>Head back to Satori and the others.
>You leave Kanako just as you begin to sweat from the heat.
>You make your way back to the room where Satori is being held, inside you spot Orin, tending to Satori as before. Koishi is sitting on a chair in the corner of the room. It looks like she's holding back tears...
>Kogasa is nowhere to be seen.

>"Koishi, I'd like for you to accompany me to Eientei. I've heard the doctor there could be useful if we get her to come here."
>Koishi seems to perk at hearing those words.
>"Sure, I'll come. If it means helping my big sis!" she replies.
>"Oh, I didn't notice you come in... Do you need my help for anything?" Orin asks.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #894 on: September 23, 2015, 04:30:18 AM »
>"Uhhh, I like to know where Kogasa went, don't want her to cause too much trouble..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #895 on: September 23, 2015, 04:32:58 AM »
>"Uhhh, I like to know where Kogasa went, don't want her to cause too much trouble..."
>"BOO!" you hear Kogasa's voice suddenly shout from behind you.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #896 on: September 23, 2015, 05:02:09 AM »
>"You're gonna need to try better than a simple boo from behind to surprise me, Kogasa. I'd give you a 4/10 for unoriginality, expectance, and performance."
>"I think it's best if you stay with um, Ms. Satori, Orin."
>"So Koishi, do you think you can hide us on the way to the surface and back?"
>"Would you happen to know of a quick way to the surface and back from here?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #897 on: September 23, 2015, 05:14:18 AM »
>"You're gonna need to try better than a simple boo from behind to surprise me, Kogasa. I'd give you a 4/10 for unoriginality, expectance, and performance."
>"And to think Koishi said it would work..." Kogasa pouts.
>Koishi giggles briefly,

>"I think it's best if you stay with um, Ms. Satori, Orin."
>"Yes, of course." Orin replies.

>"So Koishi, do you think you can hide us on the way to the surface and back?"
>"Of course! I do it to myself all the time!" Koishi answers.

>"Would you happen to know of a quick way to the surface and back from here?"
>"Nope. Sorry. Unless you count running as a quick way... or flying... that's always quicker than running. Unless you fly at walking speed. But who ever wants to do that? What if you flew backwards? Is that quicker? You still haven't answered me about poking the ugly eggplant umbrella girl's umbrella's eye, by the way. Can I poke it?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #898 on: September 23, 2015, 05:20:11 AM »
>"Ah, we'll go the normal way then. And no, if you poke her umbrella's eye, it'd be like poking Kogasa's eye, I think. And you wouldn't want someone to poke your eye right?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #899 on: September 23, 2015, 05:22:58 AM »
>"Ah, we'll go the normal way then. And no, if you poke her umbrella's eye, it'd be like poking Kogasa's eye, I think. And you wouldn't want someone to poke your eye right?"
>"But my eye is closed. I wouldn't feel it. There's no point in poking it."
>_