Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest  (Read 72069 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Wind Priestess Quest
« Reply #840 on: September 21, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »
Koagasa.....Didn't know that was a typo. I swear it was Koishi.
>"Someone close to you? Who might that be, and how can we help?"
>Hmm, how can we help?
>HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>"You gotta come with me if you want to find out!" Koishi says playfully before running off towards the ancient city.
>"Uh... Should we follow her?" Kogasa asks.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #841 on: September 21, 2015, 10:43:27 PM »
>"Well, we've been trying to get past here in the first place so- hey wait for us!"
>Follow Koishi the little pebble the mysterious girl.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #842 on: September 21, 2015, 11:03:27 PM »
>"Well, we've been trying to get past here in the first place so- hey wait for us!"
>Follow Koishi the little pebble the mysterious girl.
>You run after Koishi, passing through a very busy section of the ancient city. There are oni everywhere, all happily drinking, and dancing to obnoxious music.
>After fighting your way through the crowd, taking special care not to lose sight of the girl with the frying pan, you now find yourself running towards a building looming in the distance, a sign on the side of the road indicates that this is the way to the Palace of the Earth spirits.
>Another thing you notice is that the air is starting to become gradually warmer, warmer than the usual air you've encountered down here.
>As you continue to approach the building you begin sweating under your winter clothes. It's beginning to become uncomfortable in your current getup.
>Koishi is merrily skipping along several meters ahead of you.
>_

//On a slightly unrelated note, Koishipan is now a thing.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #843 on: September 21, 2015, 11:10:09 PM »
>We can't just strip out of this coat while chasing after someone. It'd raise all sorts of suspicion. Especially with her holding that pan.
>"Wait, Koishi. I need to stop for a second."
>Don't stop following her yet though.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #844 on: September 21, 2015, 11:15:10 PM »
>We can't just strip out of this coat while chasing after someone. It'd raise all sorts of suspicion. Especially with her holding that pan.
>"Wait, Koishi. I need to stop for a second."
>Don't stop following her yet though.
>Koishi stops in her tracks and looks in your direction in a strange manner.
>"Huh? What for? Are you tired already? But you don't look fat enough to be tired already! Or is that jacket just really thin and you're using it to cover your fat? You must tell me! I wanna know!"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #845 on: September 21, 2015, 11:21:12 PM »
>"I'm not fat or tired. It's just this jacket is getting uncomfortable now that the temperature's a whole lot higher."
>Take off Winter Outfit and stuff 'em in our hammerspace sleeves.

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #846 on: September 21, 2015, 11:37:47 PM »
>"I'm tired, I just got done fighting an oni. I'm only HUMAN!"
>"Can I know where we're going now?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #847 on: September 21, 2015, 11:43:57 PM »
>"I'm not fat or tired. It's just this jacket is getting uncomfortable now that the temperature's a whole lot higher."
>"I'm tired, I just got done fighting an oni. I'm only HUMAN!"
>"Only human, eh? Well, I guess I can understand that. I was kinda hoping your response would be fat-related though... Fat people are funny..."

>"Can I know where we're going now?"
>"We're going to my house!" Koishi points to the building in the distance, "It's that biiiiiiiiigggg palace up there! It's a nice place! Lot's of animals! Mostly cats though... But we got birds too! We even have a mini-sun in the back. It's pretty cool when it's not doing what its doing right now. Now it sucks. Quite literally. Okuu says so!"

>Take off Winter Outfit and stuff 'em in our hammerspace sleeves.
>You stop and begin to take off your winter gear.
>As you do so you hear Kogasa's footsteps approaching.
>"Man, could you guys slow down a bit? I nearly lost you in that crowd back there..." she says after panting for a few seconds, "Man, you weren't kidding about it being warm down here, Sanae."
>"Oh, it gets warmer." Koishi responds as you finish stuffing your gear into your sleeves, "And it's not a good warm either. It's unnatural, even in the Hell of Blazing Fires... By the way, that umbrella looks funny. It reminds me of an eggplant! It's kinda ugly too... I like it! I wanna poke the eye! Can I poke the eye? Does it taste like an eggplant?"
>"What-" Kogasa starts to say before being cut-off.
>Koishi looks at you, "Hey. You know her. Have you ever licked it? If so, does it taste like an eggplant?"
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #848 on: September 22, 2015, 12:17:13 AM »
>"Uhhh, I've never picked it, and I doubt it tastes like eggplant. It probably just tastes like an umbrella. I'm also going to assume you don't like the taste of umbrellas..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #849 on: September 22, 2015, 12:29:22 AM »
>"Uhhh, I've never picked it, and I doubt it tastes like eggplant. It probably just tastes like an umbrella. I'm also going to assume you don't like the taste of umbrellas..."
>"Well, it depends on the flavor of the umbrella. Hey, ugly eggplant umbrella girl, if your umbrella doesn't taste like eggplant, what flavor is it? And can I poke the eye?"
>"Please don't call me 'ugly eggplant umbrella girl'..." says Kogasa "And if you must know I-"
>"Wait! Don't say anything! It's grape flavor, isn't it! What was I thinking? Purple is always grape flavor! Now I want a lollipop. Do either of you have lollipops? Or licorice? That's always good too... Hey, look a bat! Bats are cool. Why don't we have any bats at home? What would a bat Youkai look like? Do either of you know? Maybe it's like a hell-raven without feathers... I should get Okuu to dress up as a bat! Yes, that's what I'll do! When this incident is over. Am I talking too much? No. I don't think so... Do you guys have any lollipops or licorice?!?"

>"Should we keep following her?" Kogasa whispers to you, "She seems to have a couple screws loose, if you know what I mean..."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #850 on: September 22, 2015, 12:43:46 AM »
>"It isn't like we have any other choice right now, she just mentioned the incident too! She must know something. I don't think asking directly will get us anywhere, though. Maybe this friend in need of hers might be more helpful?"
>Smile and wave, girls. Smile and wave.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #851 on: September 22, 2015, 01:09:05 AM »
>"It isn't like we have any other choice right now, she just mentioned the incident too! She must know something. I don't think asking directly will get us anywhere, though. Maybe this friend in need of hers might be more helpful?"
>"Hopefully..."

>Smile and wave, girls. Smile and wave.
>"Huh? Who are you waving at?" Koishi asks, looking around, "You're still under my subconscious barrier, so nobody can see or hear you. Oh, maybe you're waving at my hat! No, that would be silly. Hats can't think. But my hat is my friend. It helps me relax... But it still can't think. Can it? Hey, can hats think? Oh, wait you're waving at me!" Koishi waves back, "And you still haven't answered my question about lollipops and licorice! Maybe Orin has some... Yeah, I'll ask Orin later! What's that stick thingy you're holding? Am I asking too many questions? No. You can never ask too much questions. Do you think I'm crazy? Can I poke the umbrella's eye!?!"
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #852 on: September 22, 2015, 01:12:43 AM »
>"Hey look! I just noticed the palace is big and pretty, you should tell is about that while we walk swiftly to it."
>"Just a heads up, We don't have any fishing rods."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #853 on: September 22, 2015, 01:26:58 AM »
>"Ah, she reminds me of myself when I was a little wind priestess first entering Gensokyo. I exterminated nearly every Youkai that came my way. Lady Kanako's mountains of faith were larger than they ever were for a few weeks. Too bad I didn't run into you back then Kogasa..."
>"Well, I know a hat that seems like it's looking at me with it's eyes all the time, and I'm pretty sure Rinnosuke has som- wait did you say Orin? I think I know her. Could you describe her more?"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:30:35 AM by Miniking »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #854 on: September 22, 2015, 02:14:01 AM »
>"Hey look! I just noticed the palace is big and pretty, you should tell is about that while we walk swiftly to it."
>"Oh! Yes! Walking. Nearly forgot. Sorry! I have no filter. I get easily distracted. It's why I waited so long to make contact. I kept finding lots of cool stuff, like this frying pan from your shrine's kitchen." she pulls out a ?1,"And this coin I found near your donation box! It's shiny! So so shiny... Anyway, back to the palace! Come on!"
>Koishi begins running again, and you and Kogasa follow.

>"Just a heads up, We don't have any fishing rods."
>"Huh? Why would you have fishing rods? Why would I even ask you? That's so weird."

>"Ah, she reminds me of myself when I was a little wind priestess first entering Gensokyo. I exterminated nearly every Youkai that came my way. Lady Kanako's mountains of faith were larger than they ever were for a few weeks. Too bad I didn't run into you back then Kogasa..."
>Da. It was great, prosperous time for Mother Gensokyo! Goddesses not faith-starve!

>"Well, I know a hat that seems like it's looking at me with it's eyes all the time, and I'm pretty sure Rinnosuke has som- wait did you say Orin? I think I know her. Could you describe her more?"
>"Well of course you'd know her, silly! You're Sanae Kochiya, right? Or did I get the wrong person? Is ugly eggplant umbrella girl Sanae? No. I don't think so. I heard Sanae was human." Koishi stops in her tracks, "Well, are you Sanae?"
>"Hey, I said don't call me that!" Kogasa yells.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #855 on: September 22, 2015, 02:27:03 AM »
>"Yes, I'm Sanae. And please don't take things from my shrine without permission."

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #856 on: September 22, 2015, 02:31:36 AM »
>"Now, about Orin?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #857 on: September 22, 2015, 02:52:58 AM »
>"Yes, I'm Sanae. And please don't take things from my shrine without permission."
>"I knew it!" Koishi exclaims, "And I didn't take them! I collected them. There's a difference!"

>"Now, about Orin?"
>"But you already know about her! She's a Kasha about yea high, has red hair, and sometimes carries a wheelbarrow, you know? Hey, now that I think about it, I've always wanted to ride in that wheelbarrow, but she never lets me. Maybe I should take it after the incident is over and have Okuu push me around in it. That would be so much fun. Anyway, we've spent too much time here. Come on Sanae and ugly eggplant umbrella girl! This way!"
>Koishi begins to run off again.
>"She's not going to stop calling me that, is she?" says Kogasa.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #858 on: September 22, 2015, 03:05:36 AM »
>"Since she seems like the type of person to, it'd take a miracle for her to remember you in a new name. And I can't afford to waste miracles during an incident."
>Continue to follow Koishi. "So how do you know Orin and Okuu? Are you perhaps their mistress I've heard of? And please call people by their actual name or they might not know who you're talking about."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #859 on: September 22, 2015, 03:14:42 AM »
>"Since she seems like the type of person to, it'd take a miracle for her to remember you in a new name. And I can't afford to waste miracles during an incident."
>"Great..."

>Continue to follow Koishi. "So how do you know Orin and Okuu? Are you perhaps their mistress I've heard of? And please call people by their actual name or they might not know who you're talking about."
>"Haha! I'm certainly not their mistress..." Koishi replies, "Well, technically I'm their younger mistress.... But their real mistress is my..." she pauses for a second, "my sister..."
>She seems to have completely ignored your last sentence.

>After about a minute, the three of you arrive at the entrance to the building.
>"This way." Koishi says before heading for the door.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #860 on: September 22, 2015, 03:21:53 AM »
>Follow her. "Ah so the mistress is your older sister. I wonder what she's like."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #861 on: September 22, 2015, 03:30:24 AM »
>Follow her. "Ah so the mistress is your older sister. I wonder what she's like."
>The two of you enter a massive hall, you spot a few ravens flying over head, and several cats of different breeds are prowling across the floor, eyeing you curiously. At the far end of the hall is a great staircase. Koishi begins leading the two of you over to a small side door to the right of said staircase.

>"Oh... Well... She's usually very kind... And cares about me... a lot... And if you can get past her powers, you can see she's.... a really good person..."
>There is a slight tone of sadness in her voice.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #862 on: September 22, 2015, 03:32:50 AM »
>"Oh, well I like to think I'm nice to most people..."
>"What kinds of powers does she have, though?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #863 on: September 22, 2015, 03:48:07 AM »
>"Oh, well I like to think I'm nice to most people..."
>"What kinds of powers does she have, though?"
>"She can look into the hearts and minds of those around her. In short: mind reading. It's the main reason why we live down here. The surface dwellers... they hated her because of her ability..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #864 on: September 22, 2015, 04:04:56 AM »
>"Oh, are you guys alright down here?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #865 on: September 22, 2015, 04:17:21 AM »
>"Oh, are you guys alright down here?"
>"Yeah, we've been pretty fine, well more accurately my sister has been pretty fine. I tend to spend a lot of my time on the surface... But that's not important... Anyway, then this incident happened and... Well..."
>The three of you reach the door, and Koishi grabs the handle.
>"I'm going to drop my subconscious barrier now. Are either of you squeamish? Because you're probably not going to like what you're about to see..." Koishi frowns, "I know I won't..."
>"Uh, no. I don't think so..." says ugly eggplant umbrella girl Kogasa.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #866 on: September 22, 2015, 04:20:53 AM »
>"Huh, I knew something had to be off down here. As this incident's resolver, there's no way I'm backing out just because of something visually intense." Heavy breath. "I'm ready."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #867 on: September 22, 2015, 04:56:48 AM »
>"Huh, I knew something had to be off down here. As this incident's resolver, there's no way I'm backing out just because of something visually intense." Heavy breath. "I'm ready."
>"Ok." Koishi says before closing her eyes and opening the door.
>The three of you step into a small room. Against the wall is a bed. Laying on the bed is a girl with short, purple hair, in a singed, blue dress with pink frills. A red, third eye is situated roughly above where her heart is. connected to her with five tendrils in a similar fashion to Koishi's. However, looking at the eye, you can immedately tell something is wrong. The cornea is completely grey, as if it's been cooked in some way. Her normal eyes, which are wide open look very similar. It's a bit eerie and unsettling. Additionally, the girl's skin appears severely burnt in several places.
>You spot Orin as well, she's currently at the bedside, applying a wet washcloth to the girl's forehead.
>"Hello Orin... Hi... Satori..." Koishi asks.
>"Koishi...? Is that you...?" the girl croaks weakly.
>"Yes, it's her Satori-sama, now please, save your strength..." Orin says as she looks over, "Huh!?! Sanae? How did you get down here?"
>"I brought her." Koishi answers, "Because I thought we could trust her... and because I thought she could help... you know..."
>"Well, I guess it's good she's down here now... Hopefully she can talk some sense into her goddess..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #868 on: September 22, 2015, 09:29:28 AM »
>"You don't mean lady Kanako.........do you?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #869 on: September 22, 2015, 04:46:37 PM »