Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest  (Read 72221 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Wind Priestess Quest
« Reply #810 on: September 21, 2015, 01:11:02 AM »
>"Wrong Answer, It's Moses' Miracle!" Declare that spellcard
>You declare a spellcard!
>Immediately a canal of lasers materializes out of thin air and traps the duo in a waving corridor of light. You begin to fire spreads upon spreads of blade-shaped danmaku from your gohei down the corridor.
>Parsee immediately begins backing up in surprise, while dodging the danmaku waves. It looks like she's trying to get to a more defend-able position.
>Yuugi, on the other hand begins to gracefully dodge the patterns while quickly moving towards you. None of the sake in her dish seems to spill as she performs her maneuvers.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #811 on: September 21, 2015, 01:31:12 AM »
>Kogasa pulls a boombox out of nowhere that begins playing "Faith is for the Transient People"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #812 on: September 21, 2015, 01:49:18 AM »
>"Kogasa do something!"
>Initiate dual spellcard, Moses' Guerilla Typhoon This game doesn't support that kind of teamwork and thought!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #813 on: September 21, 2015, 02:03:07 AM »
>"Kogasa do something!"
>Kogasa pulls a boombox out of nowhere that begins playing "Faith is for the Transient People"
>You promptly facepalm.
>"Uh, okay... Rain Sign - 'A Rainy Night's Ghost Story'!"
>A randomized pattern of raindrop-shaped danmaku begins to speed down the corridor, the narrowness of the pattern changes regularly at intervals.
>The new danmaku in the corridor drastically decreases the dodging room. But it doesn't seem to deter Yuugi, who is still speeding towards you while weaving through and grazing bullets.

>Initiate dual spellcard, Moses' Guerilla Typhoon This game doesn't support that kind of teamwork and thought!
>nope.avi

>Parsee has now reached a distance where there is plenty of room to dodge the oncoming danmaku
>"Grandfather Cherry Blossom 'Jealousy against the Bright Good Man'! " she shouts as she declares her own spellcard!
>Parsee begins firing large danmaku shots towards you and Kogasa, a ring of smaller, much slower shots is also produced with each large one. A trail of glowing, stationary danmaku patterns resembling cherry blossoms is generated by the large bullets as they close in on your position.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #814 on: September 21, 2015, 02:07:40 AM »
>Okay, Yuugi, chill out there.
>I don't want to get punched in the face by an oni, kick up the density a bit.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #815 on: September 21, 2015, 02:16:01 AM »
>Okay, Yuugi, chill out there.
>Oni are not mind-reading youkai. And therefore cannot hear your thoughts.

>I don't want to get punched in the face by an oni, kick up the density a bit.
>You narrow the danmaku spreads to increase the bullet density, and concentrate your fire at Yuugi. Unfortunately, this also creates massive gaps between the edge of your spreads and the laser walls, which the oni promptly exploits.
>She is almost on top of you now!

>Meanwhile, out of the corner of your eye you spot Kogasa being boxed in by Parsee's blossom patterns, with a large projectile barreling right towards her.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #816 on: September 21, 2015, 02:33:46 AM »
>Spell cancel and tackle Kogasa out of the way, high density doesn't seem to faze Yuugi.
>High speed might work better though...

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #817 on: September 21, 2015, 02:35:26 AM »
>"Look out!"
>Cancel the Spellcard, and make a dive for Kogasa in order to get both of us outta trouble...at the moment.
//Ninja'd by Wod. Seems we were both thinking the same thing...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #818 on: September 21, 2015, 02:40:52 AM »
>Spell cancel and tackle Kogasa out of the way, high density doesn't seem to faze Yuugi.
>"Look out!"
>Cancel the Spellcard, and make a dive for Kogasa in order to get both of us outta trouble...at the moment.
//Ninja'd by Wod. Seems we were both thinking the same thing...
>You cancel your spellcard and immediately rush to Kogasa's aid. You quickly weave through the glowing blossoms and push Kogasa out harm's way, but your momentum causes you to faceplant into the ground.
>You feel a rush of heat as Parsee's projectile just barely misses you, grazing your back.

>High speed might work better though...
>Maybe if you can outspeed the oni, you'll have a better chance at hitting her.

>"I have you now!" you hear Yuugi shout from somewhere behind you.
>It sounds very close!
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #819 on: September 21, 2015, 02:53:25 AM »
>Stay true to Yuugi's words...
>Put Kogasa in the line of fire (line of punch?)
//also yes, I ninja a lot.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:55:46 AM by WodofGar »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #820 on: September 21, 2015, 02:55:36 AM »
>We're not Aya, so the possibility of that is as much as Mima being the next playable character slim.
>Unless... Peerless Wind Priestess?
>Praying intensifies*
> Maybe we should head for Parsee's danmaku field, just barely grazing it and getting as close to Parsee as safely possible.
Spoiler:
Hopefully we can get Parsee to hit Yuugi, or vice versa...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #821 on: September 21, 2015, 03:01:09 AM »
>Stay true to Yuugi's words...
>Put Kogasa in the line of fire (line of punch?)
>You attempt to get up and grab Kogasa, who landed a few meters ahead of you, to use as a meat shield.
>As you get up you feel something smack you in the back, knocking you back to the ground.
>"Four Devas Arcanum 'Knock Out In Three Steps'! " you hear Yuugi exclaim.

>We're not Aya, so the possibility of that is as much as Mima being the next playable character slim.
>Unless... Peerless Wind Priestess?
>Praying intensifies*
> Maybe we should head for Parsee's danmaku field, just barely grazing it and getting as close to Parsee as safely possible.
Spoiler:
Hopefully we can get Parsee to hit Yuugi, or vice versa...
>Your chances of outspeeding Yuugi are slim, even moreso when you're on the ground like this...
>You stand up again and attempt to fly towards Parsee, but you are immediately cut off by a massive cloud of danmaku that materializes in front of you. It is far too dense to navigate safely.
>"One." you hear Yuugi say.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #822 on: September 21, 2015, 03:04:47 AM »
>When in doubt, look around.
>Also, back away from the cloud of bullets.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #823 on: September 21, 2015, 03:11:10 AM »
>When in doubt, look around.
>Also, back away from the cloud of bullets.
>You back away from the wall of bullets while simultaneously looking around.

>The wall extends a full 360 degrees in all directions, you are trapped in a dome-like area! However, the wall appears to be stationary.
>You do not see Kogasa anywhere, you think she might have ended up just outside the wall.
>Yuugi is standing in the center of the "dome". A sadistic smile slowly draws itself across her face.
>"Two." she states calmly, and, almost as if on cue, a second, very dense wall of bullets begins growing out of the first one. You are being corralled towards her!
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #824 on: September 21, 2015, 03:15:38 AM »
>Go towards her and Deathbomb Yasaka's divine wind. All opposed to this idea?
>Edit, Daytime Guest Stars instead.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:23:17 AM by Miniking »

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #825 on: September 21, 2015, 03:17:55 AM »
>Get closer, prepare to dodge the third step, whatever it may be. Surely melee attacks aren't part of a spell card?
>Cast an impenetrable shield over my precious face.
>Yasaka's divine wind would take way too much out of us, and we've not even reached the city yet! Something smaller and not as strenuous like"Daytime Guest Stars"would probably do the trick as well.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #826 on: September 21, 2015, 03:22:17 AM »
//I guess you're right. Even so, Yuugi's gonna take all of it outta us if she makes contact.

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #827 on: September 21, 2015, 03:25:52 AM »
//GRAH, DECISION MAKING. I still vote against divine wind, if we burn out to quick, the victory won't mean anything.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #828 on: September 21, 2015, 03:47:23 AM »
>Go towards her and Deathbomb Yasaka's divine wind. All opposed to this idea?
>You head towards Yuugi and prepare to counterattack at point-blank.

>Get closer, prepare to dodge the third step, whatever it may be. Surely melee attacks aren't part of a spell card?
>Boot sign - "Wriggle Kick" and Unzan would like to have a word with you.

>Cast an impenetrable shield over my precious face.
>Miracle spent.

>Yasaka's divine wind would take way too much out of us, and we've not even reached the city yet! Something smaller and not as strenuous like"Daytime Guest Stars"would probably do the trick as well.
>As you prepare your strongest spellcard, you suddenly realize that wouldn't be such a good idea in the long run, so you quickly switch over to "Daytime Guest Stars" instead.

>"Three!" Yuugi triumphantly exclaims as the second wall stops advancing, and a very dense cloud of danmaku begins radiating out from Yuugi in all directions. The density of the cloud, plus the low amount of maneuvering space makes this nearly impossible to dodge!
>Thinking quickly, you activate your spellcard, and the wave of energy caused by its activation fizzles the incoming wall. However, just as your danmaku begins to fill the arena, Yuugi suddenly lunges forward and smacks you hard in the chest. Breaking your spellcard and sending you flying backwards!

>You are now laying on your back, with the wall of danmaku gone, you can now see Kogasa and Parsee locked in battle. Both of them seem to have switched to new spellcards.
>You hear Yuugi's footsteps grow closer.
>"Hmph. That was a pretty bold move, trying to hit me point-blank with that spellcard," you hear her say, "but I think it's time this battle ended, because my spellcard is still active!"
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #829 on: September 21, 2015, 03:54:08 AM »
>Well, that punch sure surprised me.
>KOGASA TAKE THE HINT, CAN'T BREATHE!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #830 on: September 21, 2015, 04:26:19 AM »
>Well, that punch sure surprised me.
>KOGASA TAKE THE HINT, CAN'T BREATHE!
>Kogasa can't hear your thoughts either.

>Kogasa glances over and sees your situation. She attempts to come to your aid, but she's cut off by Parsee's danmaku.
>You roll yourself over to face Yuugi. The same sadistic smile is on her face. You know full well what's about to happen.

>Suddenly a large clang resounds over the bridge, followed by a dull thud.
>Yuugi turns her attention away from you.
>"Parsee!?!" She exclaims.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #831 on: September 21, 2015, 04:33:14 AM »
>Wait, did Kogasa just win the stage 2 boss duel?
>Tempted to take a cheap shot on Yuugi, but I feel like the honest oni would kick my ass.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #832 on: September 21, 2015, 04:43:04 AM »
>We refuse to be surprised by Kogasa, whatever it is.
>Try to get up and observe the situation

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #833 on: September 21, 2015, 04:56:56 AM »
>Wait, did Kogasa just win the stage 2 boss duel?
>No way. There's just no way... You refuse to believe it.

>Tempted to take a cheap shot on Yuugi, but I feel like the honest oni would kick my ass.
>Taking on a distracted oni in your current situation is probably not the best thing to do right now.

>We refuse to be surprised by Kogasa, whatever it is.
>Try to get up and observe the situation
>Fighting the pain from being smacked by an oni, you slowly get up and try to see what's going on.
>The danmaku has stopped flying, Kogasa is staring in Parsee's direction in utter confusion. Parsee herself is lying unconsious on the ground, standing above her is the most peculiar sight you've ever seen.

>It's a girl with grey-green, short hair, wearing a black hat adorned with a yellow ribbon. She's wearing a yellow shirt with blue frills, and a green skirt. The first peculiar thing you notice about her is that she's holding a frying pan, of all things, which is likely what knocked out Parsee. The second thing you notice is what appears to be a dark blue, closed eye positioned roughly over where her heart is. Three long, vein-like tendrils extend out of the eye and coil around her torso, two of them snake down further and attach to her ankles. She glances between you and Kogasa and smiles.

>"Huh!?! Where did they go!?!" you hear Yuugi shout, "There's no way they're that fast!"
>The mysterious girl puts a finger to her lips, as if to say "shush", and beckons the two of you to come closer. You glance at Kogasa, who seems to be just as puzzled as you are.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #834 on: September 21, 2015, 05:14:44 AM »
>Move towards obvious Koishi the mystery girl.
>Be on guard, that frying pan looks dangerous...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #835 on: September 21, 2015, 05:24:07 AM »
>Move towards obvious Koishi the mystery girl.
>Be on guard, that frying pan looks dangerous...
>You start walking towards the girl, Kogasa does the same.
>As you get closer, you ready yourself do dodge the Koishipan frying pan, lest the girl try to smack you with it.

>"You're investigating the incident, yes?" she asks when you get close enough.
>Yuugi quickly comes running over to Parsee, and begins trying to slap her back into consciousness.
>"Oh, and don't worry about bridgey and drunkey, I made it so they can't see or hear us." the girl adds.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #836 on: September 21, 2015, 11:40:03 AM »
>"First, who are you and what do you know about the incident?"
>"Yes. I'm a wind priestess from the surface world and my shrine could likely lose faith because of this."
>"Wait, who are you anyways? Why are you helping us?"
>Koagasa: Oh, it's a towel!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #837 on: September 21, 2015, 04:14:04 PM »
>"First, who are you and what do you know about the incident?"
>"I am who I am and I know what I know."

>"Yes. I'm a wind priestess from the surface world and my shrine could likely lose faith because of this."
>"Wait, who are you anyways? Why are you helping us?"
>"I'm Koishi, and I've been following you for some time now. I'm helping you because I was hoping you might be able to help someone close to me in return..."

>Koagasa: Oh, it's a towel!
>If Parsee knew she'd figured it out before her, she'd be jealous.
>Wait. Koagasa? Since when were Kogasa and Koakuma fused together? It's a Moriya Shrine Conspiracy I tell you!
>_
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:49:22 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #838 on: September 21, 2015, 08:29:38 PM »
Koagasa.....Didn't know that was a typo. I swear it was Koishi.
>"Someone close to you? Who might that be, and how can we help?"

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #839 on: September 21, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »