Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest  (Read 72249 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Wind Priestess Quest
« Reply #780 on: September 14, 2015, 12:04:24 AM »
>"So can you tell us it or not? The surface is kinda having hourly blizzards and it's not fun... Well besides getting out of chores to resolve an incident..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #781 on: September 16, 2015, 03:23:21 AM »
>"Uhhh, my shrine has relations with the underground, does that count?"
>Yamame chuckles.
>"No... I don't think so."

>"So can you tell us it or not? The surface is kinda having hourly blizzards and it's not fun... Well besides getting out of chores to resolve an incident..."
>"Of course. All you needed to do was ask." Yamame replies, "Anyway, it's a well known fact down here that Parsee has the ability to manipulate jealousy..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #782 on: September 16, 2015, 03:35:46 AM »
>"Oh, so she can make us jealous of others... Doesn't sound very useful in battle, but could be really annoying."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #783 on: September 16, 2015, 03:39:35 AM »
>"Oh, so she can make us jealous of others... Doesn't sound very useful in battle, but could be really annoying."
>"...but wait! There's more!" Yamame continues, "Despite being able to manipulate the jealousy of others, she doesn't seem to have much control of her own. Meaning that if you do it right, you can actually use her own jealousy against her and goad her into doing something rash."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #784 on: September 16, 2015, 03:56:08 AM »
>"Wow that's harsh. You haven't done this yourself, have you?"
>"Kogasa: We should trick her with a problem. We'll ask her what gets wetter as it dries. And while she's thinking, we slip past!"

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #785 on: September 16, 2015, 04:20:52 AM »
>"I get the feeling a lot of people do this to her..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #786 on: September 18, 2015, 06:06:18 PM »
>"Wow that's harsh. You haven't done this yourself, have you?"
>"Oh, not me. No. But other people have."
>"I get the feeling a lot of people do this to her..."
>"Oh, it's not as many as you think. Yes, practically everyone down here knows about Parsee's flaw, but not many people from down here get into fights with her. So most people don't get a chance to exploit it."

>"Kogasa: We should trick her with a problem. We'll ask her what gets wetter as it dries. And while she's thinking, we slip past!"
>IT'S FOOLPROOF!
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #787 on: September 18, 2015, 08:25:45 PM »
>"How fast is she? If she's slow, we could probably fly past her and hide in the city before she catches up."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #788 on: September 20, 2015, 04:24:12 AM »
>"How fast is she? If she's slow, we could probably fly past her and hide in the city before she catches up."
>"I'm not quite sure how fast she is, but I assume her speed is about average..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #789 on: September 20, 2015, 01:12:20 PM »
>"Ah, then that plan won't work. Well, Kogasa's umbrella is too noticeable anyways."
>"Well, all we can do is ether fight or convince her to let us pass...unless you guys know any shortcuts pass the bridge?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #790 on: September 20, 2015, 05:57:08 PM »
>"Ah, then that plan won't work. Well, Kogasa's umbrella is too noticeable anyways."
>"Well, all we can do is ether fight or convince her to let us pass...unless you guys know any shortcuts pass the bridge?"
>"Well, there's always the long way around, but that path is seldom used because it's easy to get lost in, or worse. I honestly don't recommend taking it, but if you must, it happens to lead directly to the Palace of the Earth Spirits, bypassing both the bridge and the ancient city entirely."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #791 on: September 20, 2015, 06:27:48 PM »
>"Would you guys guide us through there if we took it?"
>Check up on Kogasa, what's she doing now?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #792 on: September 20, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »
>"Would you guys guide us through there if we took it?"
>"Unfortunately, no. Neither of us has been through it ourselves. We could only take you as far as the entrance."

>Check up on Kogasa, what's she doing now?
>Kogasa is currently picking her umbrella off the ground and dusting it off.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #793 on: September 20, 2015, 07:40:16 PM »
>"Darn, it doesn't sound too reliable. I wish Reimu was here to take care of the bridge guard, then I could've gotten past without worries."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #794 on: September 20, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »
>"Darn, it doesn't sound too reliable. I wish Reimu was here to take care of the bridge guard, then I could've gotten past without worries."
>"Well, sometimes life just throws these moments at us. We just have to learn to adapt."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #795 on: September 20, 2015, 08:20:44 PM »
>"Thanks for the information...I guess"
>"Well Kogasa, let's go confront that Parsee, for better or for worse."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #796 on: September 20, 2015, 08:23:36 PM »
>"Thanks for the information...I guess"
>"You're welcome."

>"Well Kogasa, let's go confront that Parsee, for better or for worse."
>"Alright, lead the way." Kogasa replies.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #797 on: September 20, 2015, 08:32:45 PM »
>Take the usual course to Parsee.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #798 on: September 20, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »
>Take the usual course to Parsee.
>The two of you fly further into the cavern and come to the bridge. Parsee is standing where she was last time, and begins eyeing you as you approach.
>"You again?" she asks when you get closer, "If you came thinking I'll let you through, I'm afraid you're mistaken. I'm still under orders not to let anyone pass."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #799 on: September 20, 2015, 09:04:24 PM »
>"I just came to warn you that there are about 40 or so Youkai, who are heading to the city right now. They were acting quietly and saying something about a shortcut. I didn't want to tell on them, but they looked like they had bad intentions, pardon my assuming. (Grab Kogasa) I took this one from their group and got her to tell me about it and she said that since there were no guards past the shortcut, they were going to use it to get revenge on someone."
>"(Hopefully this story works~)"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #800 on: September 20, 2015, 09:39:37 PM »
>"I just came to warn you that there are about 40 or so Youkai, who are heading to the city right now. They were acting quietly and saying something about a shortcut. I didn't want to tell on them, but they looked like they had bad intentions, pardon my assuming. (Grab Kogasa) I took this one from their group and got her to tell me about it and she said that since there were no guards past the shortcut, they were going to use it to get revenge on someone."
>"(Hopefully this story works~)"
>Kogasa yelps as you grab her.
>"(Hopefully...)" Kogasa whispers back.
>"A shortcut? There are no shortcuts down here!" Parsee replies "...At least I don't think so... Uh... YOU!" she points at Kogasa "Is what she's saying true?"
>"Uh... yeah." Kogasa answers, "Lots of youkai! All heading into a small side cavern back that way... You might be able to catch them if you leave right now!"
>"Well... I uh... can't leave my post right now... can't you stop them?"
>"Do you think this human would be warning you right now is she could?"
>"Damnit..." Parsee stops to think for a few seconds, "Alright, I'm going to-"

>"Oh ho ho ho ho! I didn't think you were this gullible, Parsee!" you hear an obnoxious voice yell from somewhere nearby,

>Suddenly a figure flies up from under the bridge, backflips, and lands behind Parsee. It's a tall, blonde-haired woman with a large, single horn protruding from the center of her forehead. In her right hand is a full sake dish. She is obviously an oni.

>"What are you talking about, Yuugi?" Parsee asks.
>"The only side path back there is that huge labyrinth of caverns that empties out right behind the Palace of the Earth spirits, and it is in no way a shortcut!" Yuugi bellows, "These two are playing you for a fool!"
>"But what if there really is an army of surface youkai back there?!"
>"Then one of the earth spiders, not some human and her pet youkai, will send us a warning." Yuugi lets out a mighty laugh, "Man, guarding this bridge has really taken it's toll on your brain, hasn't it?"
>"Shut up!" Parsee retorts, before turning her attention back to you and Kogasa "So. Is it true? Were you two trying to trick me? Well, if you were, it nearly worked... and that makes me jealous!"
>Parsee's eyes begin glowing an eerie green color as that last word leaves her lips.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #801 on: September 20, 2015, 10:26:37 PM »
>"And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling Oni! (I bet Reimu's said that before.)"
>"Kogasa's not a pet, she's my fri-Cough ah it's hard to breathe down here~. She's my Affiliate in resolving the incident."
>Sigh "I'm sorry, I was trying to trick you. I though that it'd let us get by without causing any trouble." Glance at the Oni. "But it doesn't look like it worked out that well. "
>"Look, I really need to get by. There's multiple reasons that link back to this place possibly being the source of the incident on the surface."

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #802 on: September 20, 2015, 10:28:24 PM »
>"And I'm willing to use force if I have to..."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #803 on: September 20, 2015, 10:30:54 PM »
//Wait no wod, I-I was gonna do a thingy after this but. The. You. Fight. awawawa~  :ohdear:
//Disregard that, okay this can still work out...hopefully

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #804 on: September 20, 2015, 10:53:31 PM »
//oh.
//whoops, hope Yuugi doesn't kick our ass XD

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #805 on: September 21, 2015, 12:01:14 AM »
>"And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling Oni! (I bet Reimu's said that before.)"
>Jinkies

>"Kogasa's not a pet, she's my fri-Cough ah it's hard to breathe down here~. She's my Affiliate in resolving the incident."
>"I'm not her pe-" Kogasa begins to say at the same time as you.
>"Oh, I see... So she's your meat shield!" Yuugi replies.

>Sigh "I'm sorry, I was trying to trick you. I though that it'd let us get by without causing any trouble." Glance at the Oni. "But it doesn't look like it worked out that well. "
>"Look, I really need to get by. There's multiple reasons that link back to this place possibly being the source of the incident on the surface."
>"What reasons? Are we partying so hard that we're sucking the energy out of the surface?" Yuugi says before laughing and taking a big gulp of sake from her dish.
>"No matter what reasons you have, you still aren't going to get by." says Parsee, "Now why don't you scurry off and find something better to do?"

>"And I'm willing to use force if I have to..."
>"Are you threatening me?" Parsee asks.
>"Ooh, I hope they are!" Yuugi exclaims, "It's been forever since I had a good brawl"
>The oni cracks her neck in anticipation.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #806 on: September 21, 2015, 12:16:11 AM »
>"Well, you leave me no other choice. Kogasa stand back!"
>Take our stick and hold it in the air. "Wind priestess special technique."
>"What get's wetter-" Point at Parsee and the Oni. "As it dries!?"

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #807 on: September 21, 2015, 12:34:40 AM »
//oh dear Kanako I'm dying XD

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #808 on: September 21, 2015, 12:57:27 AM »
//lol
>"Well, you leave me no other choice. Kogasa stand back!"
>"Oh, uh... Okay..." she replies.

>Take our stick and hold it in the air. "Wind priestess special technique."
>"What get's wetter-" Point at Parsee and the Oni. "As it dries!?"
>Parsee and Yuugi stare at you with a puzzled expression.
>"Huh? Wetter as it dries...." Parsee asks before becoming seemingly lost in thought trying to find the answer.
>Yuugi continues to stare at you for a moment, before letting out a boisterous laugh.
>"Pfft. I refuse to play your Chinese food mind games! You're just trying to distract us! Well you're going to have to do a lot better than that! Right, Parsee!"
>"Ugh... That is a good riddle... That is better than anything I could've ever come up with... It makes me so... jealous!"
>Yuugi smacks Parsee on the top of the head.
>"Ow! What the hell was that for!?!"
>"Where would you be if I wasn't looking out for you?" Yuugi says before taking another swig of sake.
>"Definitely happier..." Parsee mumbles, "Anyway, Yuugi's right, we aren't going to be distracted by your riddles! Though I still admit that one was quite good..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #809 on: September 21, 2015, 01:00:16 AM »
>"Wrong Answer, It's Moses' Miracle!" Declare that spellcard