Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest  (Read 72182 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Wind Priestess Quest
« Reply #450 on: July 04, 2015, 06:24:56 AM »
>"It looks about Five meters deep"

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #451 on: July 04, 2015, 06:34:31 AM »
>"Not too far, a few meters at most. It should be fairly easy to get a closer look at it."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #452 on: July 04, 2015, 07:16:05 AM »
>"It looks about Five meters deep"
>"Not too far, a few meters at most. It should be fairly easy to get a closer look at it."
>"Ugh. I'd rather not get my uniform soaked today..." you hear Sakuya say, "I think Wakasagihime should take a look."
>"You know, you could just ask..." you hear Wakasagihime respond, "Anyway, I'd be happy to help. Just wait a few seconds, I'll be right with you."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #453 on: July 04, 2015, 07:18:06 AM »
>Waits a few seconds.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #454 on: July 04, 2015, 07:27:21 AM »
>Waiting intensifies Intensity level = 9. (watch out for Ornes...)

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #455 on: July 04, 2015, 08:35:40 AM »
>Intensity Level:⑨

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #456 on: July 05, 2015, 05:29:58 AM »
>Waits a few seconds.
>You wait a few moments before Wakasagihime comes into view. Sakuya follows a few seconds later.
>"So, where is this thing you found?" the ningyo asks.

>Waiting intensifies Intensity level = 9. (watch out for Ornes...)
>Intensity Level:⑨
>"Cirno" difficulty unlocked!
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #457 on: July 05, 2015, 06:02:04 AM »
>Shoot some more danmaku into the water again

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #458 on: July 06, 2015, 12:45:34 PM »
>Make weird noises. "PEW PEW PEWPEW. LUKE, I AM YOUR MOTHER."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #459 on: July 10, 2015, 03:38:27 AM »
Sorry for the massive delay, I was unable to access my computer for the last few days.
>Shoot some more danmaku into the water again
>You fire some danmaku into the water towards the object you saw. The light from the glowing projectiles illuminates the metal.

>Make weird noises. "PEW PEW PEWPEW. LUKE, I AM YOUR MOTHER."
>Darth Sanae!

>"Hey. You know what? I think I actually might've seen this thing before," says Wakasagihime "wait here while I take a closer look."
>The ningyo dives underneath the water, and with lightning speed swims within a few feet of the strange object.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #460 on: July 10, 2015, 03:52:03 AM »
>"Wow you're fast."
>"Well uh, what is it?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #461 on: July 10, 2015, 04:01:32 AM »
>"Wow you're fast."
>"Well uh, what is it?"
>You wait for Wakasagihime to resurface before saying this.
>"Yeah, I can be quite quick when I'm underwater." she replies, "Anyway, it's exactly what I suspected it to be. I've seen that object before. From what I understand, it's some kind of hatch, but there's no visible way to open it, at least from this side. When I got close I saw that it was also quite mangled. It wasn't like that the last time I saw it."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #462 on: July 10, 2015, 04:03:48 AM »
>This sort of reminds me of that one scene in Zero no Tsukaima where Saito finds a sunken airplane in that big oasis in the elven lands.
>I don't know why, there's no oasis, there's no airplane, and there aren't any elves...

>BUST THROUGH IT! That might be a bad idea, maybe we have some sort of magic to be able to move the water out of the way, make an air bubble perhaps? Maybe Wakasagihime can do it?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #463 on: July 10, 2015, 04:11:34 AM »
>BUST THROUGH IT! That might be a bad idea, maybe we have some sort of magic to be able to move the water out of the way, make an air bubble perhaps? Maybe Wakasagihime can do it?
>Parting a relatively small amount of water like the area around the hatch is a moderate miracle that would require a sizable chunk of faith to perform. You currently do not have enough faith to perform a miracle this large.
>You also doubt that Wakasagihime has powers that could clear water.
>Even if you could clear away the water around the hatch, you do not even know if you can bust through it. For starters, it's made of metal, and punching through solid metal is unfortunately not something you can do without breaking your fingers. Besides, you don't even know how thick the metal is, nor do you know what's behind the hatch.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #464 on: July 10, 2015, 04:30:22 AM »
[sub]>:4 8 15 16 23 42[/sub]
>It's obviously something Nitori is hiding, hence it being underwater and her having a key.
>"I know we should be worrying about this cold incident, but this looks much more interesting. I wonder what's behind it..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #465 on: July 10, 2015, 04:35:31 AM »
[sub]>:4 8 15 16 23 42[/sub]
>Suddenly a fat guy appears out of nowhere!
>"No! The numbers are bad!" he screams.

>It's obviously something Nitori is hiding, hence it being underwater and her having a key.
>It's a Kappa Lab Conspiracy!

>"I know we should be worrying about this cold incident, but this looks much more interesting. I wonder what's behind it..."
>"I'm just as curious." Sakuya remarks, "Do you think it could have something to do with what happened to the lake?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #466 on: July 10, 2015, 05:59:20 AM »
>"Ooh, there might be someone else who knows or wants to know what's behind it. Maybe this ties into the cold incident as well. I mean, they would freeze the lake, then blow it up to get to here easier!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #467 on: July 10, 2015, 06:14:46 AM »
>"Ooh, there might be someone else who knows or wants to know what's behind it. Maybe this ties into the cold incident as well. I mean, they would freeze the lake, then blow it up to get to here easier!"
>"That's a nice theory," says Sakuya, "but it's a bit flawed. Assuming that your idea is true, that someone intentionally froze the lake and blew it up to get to this hatch, then why would they bother freezing the rest of Gensokyo? Wouldn't freezing just the lake suffice? And why freeze and blow up the lake? I mean, there are far quicker and simpler methods to clear water from an area... Besides, these two incidents might not even be connected at all."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #468 on: July 10, 2015, 06:25:26 AM »
>"Eh, then I've got nothing. Though whatever is beneath this hatch could help us solve the incident, you never know." (but the plot does).

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #469 on: July 10, 2015, 06:27:05 AM »
>"Yeah maybe not, it was a pretty wild guess. Or maybe YOU'RE THE CULPRIT!!!"
>Well, I guess we should get back to finding out why Gensokyo has frozen over. Right Wrigglesagihime?
>Maybe I should check in with the subterranean folk. Something happened earlier today that made me wonder if everything was okay down there.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 06:35:33 AM by Miniking »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #470 on: July 11, 2015, 05:13:14 AM »
>"Yeah maybe not, it was a pretty wild guess. Or maybe YOU'RE THE CULPRIT!!!"
>"At least it's better than whatever wild theory Marisa would come up with if she were here..." Sakuya says in response

>"Eh, then I've got nothing. Though whatever is beneath this hatch could help us solve the incident, you never know." (but the plot does).
>"I agree that it might be worth it to take a look at whatever is behind the hatch, but unfortunately we can't even access it right now, unless we want to both ruin our clothes and catch a cold..."

>Well, I guess we should get back to finding out why Gensokyo has frozen over. Right Wrigglesagihime?
>Strange hatches and exploding lakes aside, there's still a much bigger incident out there to solve.
>"It's WAKASAGIHIME!" the ningyo shouts

>Maybe I should check in with the subterranean folk. Something happened earlier today that made me wonder if everything was okay down there.
>Your recall the power fluctuation that happened in your shrine this morning, which makes you think that checking on the underground might be a good idea.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #471 on: July 11, 2015, 05:26:18 AM »
>"Aw man. We might not get another chance to fiddle with this after the incident has been resolved. The lake would just be filled again."  :( 
>"Too bad Lady Kanako isn't here. She could just bust it open with an onbashira. Where could she have gone?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #472 on: July 11, 2015, 06:55:56 AM »
>"Aw man. We might not get another chance to fiddle with this after the incident has been resolved. The lake would just be filled again."  :( 
>"I wouldn't say that." Sakuya remarks, "We could always just come back with some way to breathe underwater after this incident is over, when it's warmer and getting soaked isn't as dangerous."

>"Too bad Lady Kanako isn't here. She could just bust it open with an onbashira. Where could she have gone?"
>"Yes, that's unfortunate..."

>"Oh my!" Wakasagihime suddenly says in alarm, "Hey, uh, guys?"
>"Yes, what is it?" Sakuya replies.
>"Well, I was doing some thinking, and I just remembered that my house is actually not far from here... So... uh... I'm really sorry for having to leave you guys right now, but I sorta have to check if it's okay. I hope you understand..."
>Wakasagihime dives into the water and swims away within seconds.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #473 on: July 11, 2015, 07:38:08 AM »
>"Well, I'm going to check in with the residents of former hell and see if they have any clue about the cold. See ya later Sakuya, and thanks again for the hospitality."
>Take flight~

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #474 on: July 12, 2015, 03:31:12 AM »
>"Well, I'm going to check in with the residents of former hell and see if they have any clue about the cold. See ya later Sakuya, and thanks again for the hospitality."
>"You're welcome." Sakuya replies, "Stay warm out there."

>Take flight~
>You leave the chasm and float in the air above the lake.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #475 on: July 12, 2015, 03:34:54 AM »
>Recall where the entrance to the underground is and head there.
>Dive straight through the earth to get there faster.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #476 on: July 12, 2015, 03:51:42 AM »
>Recall where the entrance to the underground is and head there.
>There are two entrances that you know of, both of them are roughly equidistant from where you are.
>The first is the elevator behind your shrine that connects directly to both the Underground and the Genbu Marsh.
>The other, if you recall correctly, is somewhere near the Hakurei Shrine. You have a rough idea of where it is, but you've never used this particular entrance before.

>Dive straight through the earth to get there faster.
>You collide headfirst with the ground and die from the resulting head trauma.

>Here lies Sanae Kochiya:
>Beloved Shrine Maiden and Friend
>Killed by elementary physics!

>GAME OVER!
>Continue? Y/N?

>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #477 on: July 12, 2015, 03:57:08 AM »
>This is why we always look for an amulet of life saving before doing anything fun
>Head for the Hakurei Shrine. The recent power problems would probably cause the elevator to stop midway.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #478 on: July 12, 2015, 04:08:05 AM »
>This is why we always look for an amulet of life saving before doing anything fun
>Unless you're one of those players who never picks up amulets at all because every single time it ends up being an amulet of strangulation because the RNG is a spiteful sadist. :P

>Head for the Hakurei Shrine. The recent power problems would probably cause the elevator to stop midway.
>Possibly ending up trapped on an elevator for hours isn't on your agenda today.
>So you begin flying towards the Hakurei Shrine, however, as you fly the snowstorm begins to pick up again. When you are about five minutes away from the shrine, it becomes almost a complete whiteout and you can no longer see where you're going!
>_

EDIT: I will not be able to access my computer for the next five or so days, and therefore I'll be unable to reply to whatever you post until then. I thought I'd give you guys a heads up.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:34:55 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #479 on: July 12, 2015, 04:38:15 AM »
We won't hold it against you. (at least I won't...) Thanks for mentioning it early.
>That moment when you get an inevitable death item and decide to play "5 turns to kill yourself"
>Have we been to the Hakurei Shrine enough times to know if we're still heading in the right direction?
>>If so, then keep flying slowly in that direction until we hopefully bump into it.
>>If not, then land and try to look for a shelter of sorts.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:30:14 AM by Miniking »