Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest  (Read 72007 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Wind Priestess Quest
« Reply #420 on: June 20, 2015, 06:48:55 AM »
>"We heard something that sounded like an explosion and it shook us and broke something's. There seems to be smoke near the lake as well. Do you think it could be serious?"
>"Excuse me for a second, I have to check if my clothes have dried. I wouldn't like to go out with such light clothing right now."
>Get our clothes and see if they've dried, at least to a wearable level. If they have take off our maid uniform and put them on, then come back to Walkietalkiehime Wakasagihime and Sakuya.

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #421 on: June 20, 2015, 08:05:28 AM »
//Sorry I've been gone so long...
>Check a few doors for Flandre if I pass any.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2015, 05:53:37 AM »
>"We heard something that sounded like an explosion and it shook us and broke something's. There seems to be smoke near the lake as well. Do you think it could be serious?"
>"We heard it too. I think the whole mansion shook." Sakuya replies, "It's likely serious, for it to be powerful enough to be felt through the entire mansion like that."
>"You saw smoke near the lake, huh..." says Wakasagihime, "I hope everything's alright over there..."

>"Excuse me for a second, I have to check if my clothes have dried. I wouldn't like to go out with such light clothing right now."
>"Oh, of course." Sakuya responds, "Take as much time as you need."

>Get our clothes and see if they've dried, at least to a wearable level. If they have take off our maid uniform and put them on, then come back to Walkietalkiehime Wakasagihime and Sakuya.
>You walk back to your clothes and winter gear.

//Sorry I've been gone so long...
>Check a few doors for Flandre if I pass any.
>You do not pass any doors on the way there.

>Your clothes are still somewhat damp, but they should be wearable at this point. It's going to be a tiny bit chilly if you wear these outside now, but it will be nowhere near as bad as it was when they were waterlogged.
>You take off the maid outfit and don your clothes and winter gear.
>You return to Wakasagihime and Sakuya.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2015, 05:55:56 AM »
>"Alright, I'm all ready. You guys wanna go check it out?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #424 on: June 22, 2015, 05:58:13 AM »
>"Alright, I'm all ready. You guys wanna go check it out?"
>"Certainly," Sakuya replies, "lead the way."
>Wakasagihime nods.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #425 on: June 22, 2015, 05:59:39 AM »
>Exit the mansion and fly towards the rising smoke.
>Look around.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #426 on: June 22, 2015, 06:11:26 AM »
>Exit the mansion and fly towards the rising smoke.
>Look around.
>The three of you exit the mansion and take to the air. It seems to have begun to snow again, but it's not as bad as it was earlier this morning.
>You fly for scarcely a minute when the lake comes into view. At that instant you feel your jaw drop.

>One look and you realize that the giant smoke plume is actually steam. And it's rising from the lake!
>You survey the situation. The entire lake has a massive steam plume erupting from it, the ice, once coating the entire top of the lake, has become fractured, and titanic chunks of it are now crumbling into a large, ever-expanding, dark chasm that you believe was once filled with water. The water isn't entirely gone, though. You still see what appears to some at the bottom of the chasm, but it's much lower than it should be.
>At the nearest shores of the lake, you see interesting formations beginning to form in the snow. Probably caused by the steam re-freezing, no doubt.

>"Oh my..." you hear Wakasagihime say in disbelief, "What happened!?"
>Sakuya says nothing, you could only assume that she's just as stunned as you are.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #427 on: June 22, 2015, 06:20:24 AM »
>Blame Global Warming
>I have no idea what to do in this situation.
>"Don't worry guys, I'm sure we can find a way to handle this situation!"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #428 on: June 22, 2015, 06:29:21 AM »
>"Okay, freezing and almost dying feels much better than falling into that"
>"Now, where to start..."

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #429 on: June 22, 2015, 08:57:05 AM »
>"We should check how deep the chasm is. And watch out for ancient slumbering beasts."
>Look for a stone or something else we could throw in there.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2015, 06:29:47 AM »
>Blame Global Warming
>Done.

>I have no idea what to do in this situation.
>You are honestly at a loss about how to approach this...

>"Don't worry guys, I'm sure we can find a way to handle this situation!"
>"Who said I was worrying?" Sakuya replies.
>You receive no response from Wakasagihime.

>"Okay, freezing and almost dying feels much better than falling into that"
>"I don't know..." says Sakuya, "At least if you fell in you have a chance to fly out before you hit the ground. Besides, dying from a fall would be much less painful than slowly freezing to death."

>Wakasagihime remains silent for a few moments, "Imagine what would've happened if you hadn't come along when you did..." she remarks.

>"Now, where to start..."
>"We should check how deep the chasm is. And watch out for ancient slumbering beasts."
>"I agree." Sakuya answers.

>Look for a stone or something else we could throw in there.
>You descend to the nearest shoreline to look for something to toss over the edge of the chasm. You don't have much luck, as everything is obscured by snow.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #431 on: June 23, 2015, 06:35:42 AM »
>Find Cirno
>Throw her in.
>Why not just shoot some danmaku into it?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #432 on: June 23, 2015, 06:40:01 AM »
>Find Cirno
>Throw her in.
>SPLAT!

>Why not just shoot some danmaku into it?
>You stop looking for a stone when a sudden "DUH!" moment sweeps over you.
>Danmaku would work perfectly, as it would illuminate the chasm as well as dissipate when it hits a surface. And, unlike stones, is readily available to you. Why didn't you think of this before.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #433 on: June 23, 2015, 06:42:40 AM »
>Without consulting my companions, proceed to fire frilly stars into the gaping chasm.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #434 on: June 26, 2015, 04:34:25 AM »
>"Well then let's check how deep the chasm is!"
>Fire away!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2015, 05:22:33 AM »
>Without consulting my companions, proceed to fire frilly stars into the gaping chasm.
>You fly towards the edge of the chasm.

>"Well then let's check how deep the chasm is!"
>Fire away!
>You speak to yourself before proceeding to fire a few shots of danmaku deep into the massive hole.

>The danmaku takes about ten seconds to reach the bottom of the chasm, the illumination provided by the danmaku allows you to see that there is, in fact, still water present here, but the height of the water is about a quarter, you estimate, of what it should be. You also spot several piles and chunks of ice that were formerly part of the surface, burying whatever is below them.
>The danmaku penetrates the water for a few meters before dissipating, As they fade, you catch what appears to be a faint glimmer coming from the lake bottom. It definitely can't be ice. If you were to guess, it would have to be some kind of metal.

>"Well, what do you see?" you hear Sakuya ask as she and Wakasagihime slowly make their way over to you.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2015, 05:55:53 AM »
>"There's still some water and ice at the bottom. But there's also something shiny down there. What if it's like treasure at the bottom of the lake!?"

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2015, 06:08:02 AM »
>What if it's the ECO-FRIENDLY ROBOT, HISOUTENSOKUUUUUUUU!

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2015, 06:10:09 AM »
>But isn't Hisoutensoku back at the shrine? Ya know what, we should use it to solve more incidents. Now if only there was a giant fighting tournament going on...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #439 on: June 29, 2015, 06:40:15 AM »
>"There's still some water and ice at the bottom. But there's also something shiny down there. What if it's like treasure at the bottom of the lake!?"
>"It could just be some junk." Wakasagihime replies, "A surprising variety of objects turn up in the lake from time to time."
>"It's plausible." Sakuya adds, "I do have to reprimand some of the fairy maids for dumping trash into the lake on occasion. Perhaps you're seeing a tin can or something. Anyway, we should probably take a closer look, just in case."

>What if it's the ECO-FRIENDLY ROBOT, HISOUTENSOKUUUUUUUU!
>But isn't Hisoutensoku back at the shrine? Ya know what, we should use it to solve more incidents. Now if only there was a giant fighting tournament going on...
>It is impossible for it to be Hisoutensoku, as it is back
Spoiler:
in the Sanae Cave
at the Shrine.[/s]
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #440 on: June 29, 2015, 07:14:20 AM »
>"One (wo)man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure~"
>"Hey Sakuya you should play truth or dare with us when we're done with all this. It'll be fun if we could use our powers more freely as a part of it too."
>Too bad we're not Momiji/Ran/any type beast like character or I would've made a Sc**by Snack joke right about now.
>"Well, here we I go."
>Descend into the hole slowly.

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #441 on: July 01, 2015, 12:17:26 AM »
>Wait, why am I thinking of truth or dare at a time like this?
>Conjure up a light source.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #442 on: July 01, 2015, 03:52:48 AM »
>"One (wo)man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure~"
>Indeed.

>"Hey Sakuya you should play truth or dare with us when we're done with all this. It'll be fun if we could use our powers more freely as a part of it too."
>"Perhaps, but probably not. Sorry." Sakuya replies, "Besides, aren't there more pressing matters to attend to at the moment?"

>Wait, why am I thinking of truth or dare at a time like this?
>You've had so much "fun" playing truth or dare that its concept has forever burned itself into your feeble human mind. Now it is slowly assimilating your thoughts until you can think of nothing but the game!
>You have no idea.

>Too bad we're not Momiji/Ran/any type beast like character or I would've made a Sc**by Snack joke right about now.
>You could still be Shaggy, I'm pretty sure he eats Scooby Snacks too...

>"Well, here we I go."
>Descend into the hole slowly.
>Conjure up a light source.
>You slowly fly into the dimly lit chasm, when you enter the darker area towards the bottom you fire a few bolts of weak danmaku to light the way.
>After about thirty seconds, you are hovering above the water level. Your quickly renew your improvised light source by firing some more danmaku into the water.
>The danmaku penetrates the water for a few meters and begins to fade, as it does so, you once again catch the glimmer you saw from before. Now that you're closer, you can see more details. The glimmer appears to be light from the danmaku reflecting off of a flat, square object that is flush with the lake bottom, it's surface appears battered. It appears to be made of metal.

>Unfortunately, due to the dim lighting and the distortion of the water, in order to get any more information about what the object is, you'd have to get within a few feet of it. Which in this case means that you'd have to dive about five meters into ice-cold water.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #443 on: July 01, 2015, 04:03:04 AM »
>Look around.
>Perhaps the Ningyo would be willing to check?

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2015, 06:03:45 AM »
>Well, It'd be a horrible idea to get ourselves wet right after we got back into our good clothes. Unless of course we set them down somewhere then dive but that's an even worse idea as we'd get even colder...
>Check inventory
>"Do any of you have a large magnet by any chance?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #445 on: July 03, 2015, 05:47:14 AM »
>Look around.
>You see nothing but water and massive piles of ice in the gloom around you.

>Perhaps the Ningyo would be willing to check?
>This would be a splendid idea, as it would solve the problem of getting soaked again.
>Well, assuming that Wakasagihime agrees to cooperate with you, of course.

>Well, It'd be a horrible idea to get ourselves wet right after we got back into our good clothes. Unless of course we set them down somewhere then dive but that's an even worse idea as we'd get even colder...
>It's in your best interest to not subject yourself to that all over again.

>Check inventory
>INVENTORY:
  >Moriya Shrine Maiden's Outfit (somewhat damp) (equipped)
  >>Your signature outfit.
  >>Comes equipped with two hammerspace sleeves, courtesy of your shrine's goddesses.

>Gohei
  >>Your primary weapon. You can use it to fire danmaku and club people over the head.
  >>You can also channel faith into it to "charge" its power, or to help you perform large miracles.

>Snake Accessory (equipped)
  >>A gift from Kanako, it's a snake-shaped hair accessory that wraps around your hair on one side.
  >>It's purely cosmetic and serves no special use.

>Frog Hair Clip (equipped)
  >>A gift from Suwako, it's a hairclip shaped like a frog's head.
  >>It's purely cosmetic and serves no special use.

>Shoes
  >>An article of clothing usually worn on the feet.

>Winter Coat (somewhat damp) (equipped)
  >>A coat generally worn in cold weather. Comes equipped with pockets and a hood.

>Scarf (somewhat damp) (equipped)
  >>An article of clothing meant to keep the neck and lower face warm in cold conditions.

>Winter Boots (somewhat damp) (equipped)
  >>Footwear designed for trudging through deep snow.

>Winter Gloves (somewhat damp) (equipped)
  >>Wool gloves meant to keep your hands warm in cold weather.

>Maid Outfit
  >>A spare maid's outfit from the Scarlet Devil Mansion. It's a tiny bit too small.

>?2400
  >>Cash on hand.

>SPELLCARDS:
     >Esoterica "Gray Thaumaturgy"
     >>Fires a couple large star shaped patterns that quickly dissipate into a shower of bullets

>Wonder "Daytime Guest Stars"
     >>Danmaku radiates in all directions while you fire light and shrapnel.

>Sea Opening "Moses's Miracle"
     >>A canal of lasers traps the opponent(s) while you send spreads of blade-shaped danmaku at them.

>Preparation "Star Ritual to Call the Godly Winds"
     >>Fires stars of danmaku that constantly split into walls of projectiles.

>Great Miracle "Yasaka's Divine Wind"
     >>Creates a localized typhoon of pure danmaku, this is your strongest spell card. This will leave you exhausted if you use it.

>"Do any of you have a large magnet by any chance?"
>"No, sorry." answers Sakuya, "Why would I even carry a magnet around with me anyway?"
>"What's a magnet?" ask Wakasagihime.

>"Well? Do you see anything unusual?" you hear Sakuya call from above.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #446 on: July 03, 2015, 06:15:17 AM »
>"There seems to be something shiny just below the water, can either of you help me get it out?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #447 on: July 03, 2015, 06:18:44 AM »
Good, we didn't have anything stolen when we left our clothes alone to play cards...
"There's something down here at the bottom that looks like metal. It's also a bit smashed. No, it's not drunk. Like, beat-up smashed "

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #448 on: July 03, 2015, 06:43:25 AM »
>"I'd go and fetch it myself, but I've already managed to ruin one outfit today..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #449 on: July 04, 2015, 05:57:02 AM »
>"There seems to be something shiny just below the water, can either of you help me get it out?"
>"There's something down here at the bottom that looks like metal. It's also a bit smashed. No, it's not drunk. Like, beat-up smashed "
>"I'd go and fetch it myself, but I've already managed to ruin one outfit today..."
>"How far under the water is it?" you hear Sakuya shout back.
>_