Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest  (Read 72071 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Wind Priestess Quest
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2015, 08:58:26 PM »
>"Well, it kinda paved the way for a couple of other incidents so we were indirectly responsible for them. Nowadays, we're always one of the top suspects in anything weird that happens."
>"I don't know why, but the kappa I went to at the Genbu Marsh were very shy about me, I hope it wasn't because of our reputation."
>"Do you think anyone in that mansion there knows anything about this?"
>"Has anyone passed by and decided not to help for some reason?"
>"Have you ever been far away from a water source for awhile? What was it like?"
>"Oh crap, I hope Lady Suwako remembered to turn the heater off when Kogasa was done!" "I just paid the electricity bill this morning too"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2015, 10:00:44 PM »
>"Well, it kinda paved the way for a couple of other incidents so we were indirectly responsible for them. Nowadays, we're always one of the top suspects in anything weird that happens."
>"Well that sucks." Wagzzy Wakasagihime responds, "So, have people come to you, accusing you of having some part in this incident yet?"

>"I don't know why, but the kappa I went to at the Genbu Marsh were very shy about me, I hope it wasn't because of our reputation."
>"It probably has nothing to do with your reputation. I heard somewhere that kappa are shy by nature. Aren't they?"

>"Do you think anyone in that mansion there knows anything about this?"
>"I have no idea." she replies, "Sorry."

>"Has anyone passed by and decided not to help for some reason?"
>"Nope. You're the first person to pass by, actually."

>"Have you ever been far away from a water source for awhile? What was it like?"
>"Well, there was this one time my friend Kangaroo Kagerou invited me to this party near Eientei. I mostly just sat in a chair the whole time... You can't really dance or mingle with a fin..."

>"Oh crap, I hope Lady Suwako remembered to turn the heater off when Kogasa was done!" "I just paid the electricity bill this morning too"
>"Heater?" Wakasagihime asks, "What's that? It sounds like some kind of fancy fireplace..."

>You manage to chisel another quarter inch down.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2015, 10:21:22 PM »
[ISC no longer exists]

>Put a little more power into the chiseling, I'm running out of conversation topics and Wockaflockahime Wakasagihime must be freezing.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2015, 11:47:49 PM »
>Put a little more power into the chiseling, I'm running out of conversation topics and Wockaflockahime Wakasagihime must be freezing.
>You begin pounding the hammer onto the chisel with twice the force and speed you were using. You continue this effort for several minutes, getting progressively deeper into the ice until the chisel suddenly slips a bit farther down than you expected, accompanied by a dull, hollow sound. You think you just broke through!

>You lock eyes with Wakasagihime for a brief moment as a feeling of accomplishment wells over you, when a sudden cracking sound in the ice shifts your attention back downward.
>Without warning, the ice keeping Wakasagihime trapped breaks away! Unfortunately said ice includes the section of ice that you're currently kneeling on and you both end up plunging into the icy water below.
>Luckily, you managed to hold your breath at the last second, but you are now freezing cold, underwater, and starting to sink.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2015, 11:52:25 PM »
>FLY THROUGH WATAH, EYE DON'T WANNA DIE!
>Take a second to actually find the hole first.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2015, 12:16:30 AM »
>("Dangit Kanako, why did you make me skip Suwako's swimming lessons!?")
>Keep hold of the chisel somewhere, we're not breaking promises.
>Possible last resort, proceed to exterminate the ice with extreme danmaku.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2015, 01:30:02 AM »
>FLY THROUGH WATAH, EYE DON'T WANNA DIE!
>Take a second to actually find the hole first.
>The hole is actually directly overhead. So finding it isn't an issue.
>You begin trying to fly through the water. It's quite difficult, as flying through water is completely different than flying through air. On top of that, the weight of your now waterlogged winter gear is pulling you down.
>You're making almost no progress.

>("Dangit Kanako, why did you make me skip Suwako's swimming lessons!?")
>You take a second to curse both Kanako (Which, from a logical standpoint, is probably not the wisest thing to do, given your situation.) and your sub-par swimming abilities.
>Keep hold of the chisel somewhere, we're not breaking promises.
>Despite your current situation, you manage to keep a hold on the hammer and chisel as you struggle to reach the hole in the ice.

>Possible last resort, proceed to exterminate the ice with extreme danmaku.
>There is no need. The hole hasn't re-frozen yet.

>As you vainly struggle to get to the surface, you feel a pair of arms wrap themselves around your waist and pull you up. Within seconds you are in the air above the lake, feeling incredibly cold in your soaked clothes and shivering like mad. The arms are still holding you.
>"Are you alright?" you hear Wakasagihime's voice ask.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2015, 01:54:38 AM »
>Catch our breath
>"I-I-I...C-Cold...T-Thank... T-T-Thank you."
>"N-N-Need to Give K-K-K-Kappa Chisel...Promise"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:27:55 AM by Miniking »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2015, 02:58:55 AM »
>Catch our breath
>"I-I-I...C-Cold...T-Thank... T-T-Thank you."
>"Oh, it's nothing." the ningyo replies, "You got me out of the ice, so I guess this is just me returning the favor. It should be me who's doing the thanking."

>"N-N-Need to Give K-K-K-Kappa Chisel...Promise"
>"Are you sure you should be flying around in the cold like this?" she asks, "You could catch a cold, or worse..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2015, 03:31:03 AM »
>"I-I-It's on the w-way t-to my s-s-shrine. I p-p-promised someone I-I-I'd return t-t-their tools to them. W-Where else c-could I go?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2015, 03:36:30 AM »
>"I-I-It's on the w-way t-to my s-s-shrine. I p-p-promised someone I-I-I'd return t-t-their tools to them. W-Where else c-could I go?"
>"Well, there is a mansion right over there..." Wakasagihime answers, "If you want, I can take you there so you can get warmed up, and maybe I can go return those tools for you, if you're willing, of course. How does that sound?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2015, 04:08:07 AM »
>"I-I-I don't know, I t-t-think I can w-warm up faster at h-home. B-B-But if y-you insist...  Just p-please get the tools safely t-to the kappa, I asked t-t-them to wait for m-me. If t-they ask, you were t-t-the person in t-t-trouble."
>Status update, check inventory, and also ponder what to do with these clothes.
>No need to look around yet, we'd probably only see wakasagihime's chest and arms/hands around us.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:14:16 AM by Miniking »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2015, 04:47:05 AM »
>"I-I-I don't know, I t-t-think I can w-warm up faster at h-home. B-B-But if y-you insist...  Just p-please get the tools safely t-to the kappa, I asked t-t-them to wait for m-me. If t-they ask, you were t-t-the person in t-t-trouble."
>"Alright." she responds, "Now, before I take you to the mansion, uh... could you please point me in the direction the kappa are?"

>Status update, check inventory, and also ponder what to do with these clothes.
>You feel very, very cold right now because of the combination of cold air and your waterlogged clothes.

>Thankfully, despite the fact that the sleeves of your shrine maiden's outfit are completely soaked, the hammerspace within them is waterproof. So most of your inventory has remained dry.
>INVENTORY:
  >Moriya Shrine Maiden's Outfit (equipped) (soaked)
  >>Your signature outfit.
  >>Comes equipped with two hammerspace sleeves, courtesy of your shrine's goddesses.

>Gohei
  >>Your primary weapon. You can use it to fire danmaku and club people over the head.
  >>You can also channel faith into it to "charge" its power, or to help you perform large miracles.

>Snake Accessory (equipped)
  >>A gift from Kanako, it's a snake-shaped hair accessory that wraps around your hair on one side.
  >>It's purely cosmetic and serves no special use.

>Frog Hair Clip (equipped)
  >>A gift from Suwako, it's a hairclip shaped like a frog's head.
  >>It's purely cosmetic and serves no special use.

>Shoes
  >>An article of clothing usually worn on the feet.

>Winter Coat (equipped) (soaked)
  >>A coat generally worn in cold weather. Comes equipped with pockets and a hood.

>Scarf (equipped) (soaked)
  >>An article of clothing meant to keep the neck and lower face warm in cold conditions.

>Winter Boots (equipped) (soaked)
  >>Footwear designed for trudging through deep snow.

>Winter Gloves (equipped) (soaked)
  >>Wool gloves meant to keep your hands warm in cold weather.

>Hammer and Chisel (Carrying in hands)
  >>A pair of tools commonly used for chipping away at hard objects, like rock or ice. You are currently borrowing these from a random kappa in the Genbu Marsh.

>?2400
  >>Cash on hand.

>SPELLCARDS:
     >Esoterica "Gray Thaumaturgy"
     >>Fires a couple large star shaped patterns that quickly dissipate into a shower of bullets

>Wonder "Daytime Guest Stars"
     >>Danmaku radiates in all directions while you fire light and shrapnel.

>Sea Opening "Moses's Miracle"
     >>A canal of lasers traps the opponent(s) while you send spreads of blade-shaped danmaku at them.

>Preparation "Star Ritual to Call the Godly Winds"
     >>Fires stars of danmaku that constantly split into walls of projectiles.

>Great Miracle "Yasaka's Divine Wind"
     >>Creates a localized typhoon of pure danmaku, this is your strongest spell card. This will leave you exhausted if you use it.

>Your clothes are going to need at least a few hours to dry out without a heat source or dryer. You could just take them off and wait for them to dry as you get warmed up, but you do not have a spare outfit to change into. There's also always the possibility of using a miracle to dry them out faster.

>No need to look around yet, we'd probably only see wakasagihime's chest and arms/hands around us.
>For once, you resist your obsessive-compulsive need to look around.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2015, 04:53:58 AM »
>"Wait, I thought mermaids drowned people?"
>A v-v-vampire's m-mansion probably isn't the b-b-best place of ref-f-fuge. M-my payment would p-probably be body f-f-fluids.
>Even my thoughts are cold!
>I'd rather not chew into my faith reserves any more, we've not too urgent need of such a rare resource. The daily limit is pretty s!all

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2015, 05:04:24 AM »
>"Wait, I thought mermaids drowned people?"
>"Hey! Don't be racist now! I just saved your life!"

>A v-v-vampire's m-mansion probably isn't the b-b-best place of ref-f-fuge. M-my payment would p-probably be body f-f-fluids.
>From a logical standpoint this is probably not the wisest thing to do. But, then again, you did just curse Kanako less than five minutes ago, soooooo....
>You begin to think about how uninviting a vampires mansion would be as a place of refuge. However, in all likelihood, you'll probably be fine. Since you are friends with the vampire's head maid, after all...

>Even my thoughts are cold!
>I guess that means you have...
>*sunglasses*
>...brain freeze!

>I'd rather not chew into my faith reserves any more, we've not too urgent need of such a rare resource. The daily limit is pretty s!all
>You decide against using another miracle. For now...
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2015, 05:16:04 AM »
>Replace chattering/stuttering text with cold looking text
>"Wait, I didn't bring a change of clothes and going into a someone's home without anything on seems very very problematic."
>"I guess I could just ask for some clothes... But I like my hammerspace sleeves ;n;"
>Point to the direction of the Genbu Marsh. "Watch out for blocked-aids"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2015, 05:30:42 AM »
>Replace chattering/stuttering text with cold looking text
>No!
>Oh, wait, you've already done it...

>"Wait, I didn't bring a change of clothes and going into a someone's home without anything on seems very very problematic."
>"I guess I could just ask for some clothes... But I like my hammerspace sleeves ;n;"
>"Well, look on the bright side, either way, you won't be freezing your ass off. Besides, at least it'll only be temporary. Anyway, they should have some spare clothes lying around, they do live in a mansion, after all..."

>Point to the direction of the Genbu Marsh. "Watch out for blocked-aids"
>"Thanks. Now, let's get you to that mansion." Wakasagihime pauses, "Uh, would you rather fly yourself, or do you want me to carry you like this the whole way there?"
>"And what the hell is a blocked-aids!?!"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2015, 06:02:26 AM »
>"I'd like if you carry me because you're uhh, kinda warm. How haven't you been cold lately anyhow?"
>Give her the tools when we get there.
>"If you like, you should visit my shrine. It's on the top of that mountain."
>Retcon an escuse. "Oh yeah, in one of her failed surprise attempts, Kogasa mentioned swimming skills being useless. aha, aha, ahahaha~ I'm sorry lady Kanakoooo"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:06:19 AM by Miniking »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »
>"I'd like if you carry me because you're uhh, kinda warm. How haven't you been cold lately anyhow?"
>"Oh, that's because having a resistance to cold is sort of a necessary for being a ningyo." she began as she starts to fly in the direction of the mansion with you in tow, "You see, the ocean, where most of my kind live, gets very cold if you go deep enough, and we tend to build our cities on the ocean floor in spots where humans have a very hard time finding them. We have to be resistant to cold or else swimming in the deep parts of the ocean would be more dangerous than it already is, especially if you're one of those ningyo who live near the giant ice caps to the far north and south. Our natural cold resistance is also what prevents freshwater ningyo, such as myself, from freezing to death when our lakes ice over in winter."

>"If you like, you should visit my shrine. It's on the top of that mountain."
>"Really? Huh. Maybe I will visit it at some point, probably after this whole incident is over."

>Give her the tools when we get there.
>After a few minutes, the two of you arrive at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>As the two of you approach the gate, you spot two women, clad in winter attire, arguing in front of it. You recognize both of them immediately. One of them is Sakuya Izayoi, fellow incident hunter, and head maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. The other person is Hong Meiling, Gatekeeper of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>As you draw closer you begin to actually hear their argument.
>"For one day, Meiling. One day. Could you not fall asleep at the gate!?!" Sakuya yells.
>"I don't know... Can I have a raise first?" Meiling replies.
>"Are you kidding me!? Even after that entire discussion, you still have the audacity to ask for that!?!" Sakuya says in exasperation, "Meiling, I swear to god I am going to-"

>"Um... Excuse me?" Wakasagihime asks as you two get within earshot, "This girl fell in the lake. Can she warm up here?"
>Wagsags Wakasagihime takes a moment to set you down, and you quickly hand her the hammer and chisel after she does so.
>Sakuya looks in your direction, "Oh, hello Sanae. My god, you look terrible..." she says.

>Retcon an escuse. "Oh yeah, in one of her failed surprise attempts, Kogasa mentioned swimming skills being useless. aha, aha, ahahaha~ I'm sorry lady Kanakoooo"
>Even though you have no idea where she is, you still feel Kanako's disapproving stare eating into your soul.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »
>"I don't mean to butt into whatever's going on here, but do you mind if I go take a seat in the lobby?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:05:59 PM by WodofGar »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2015, 08:37:39 PM »
>"Well, I feel terrible as well. It was worth helping her though, she's kind."
>"Could I please rest in for awhile and maybe get a...change of clothes. These are getting colder by the minute.
>"Sorry for interrupting your lecturing Ms. Kurenai Misuzu Hong Meiling"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »
>"Well, I feel terrible as well. It was worth helping her though, she's kind."
>"I'm sorry to hear that." says Sakuya.

>"I don't mean to butt into whatever's going on here, but do you mind if I go take a seat in the lobby?
>"Could I please rest in for awhile and maybe get a...change of clothes. These are getting colder by the minute.
>"Oh, sure, by all means come in and get yourself warmed up. I'll see if I can get you something drier to wear."

>"Sorry for interrupting your lecturing Ms. Kurenai Misuzu Hong Meiling"
>"Oh, don't worry about it. I was just about to end it myself in another second. Anyway, come on. You'll catch hypothermia if you stay out here too long."
>Sakuya begins to lead you inside and you start to follow. As she passes Meiling you hear her sternly whisper something that sounds like "We'll discuss this more later..."

>"Don't worry!" you hear Wakasagihime call out as you walk towards the mansion entrance, "I'll make sure those tools you borrowed get returned to their proper owner!"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2015, 09:30:07 PM »
>"Thanks again Wishcash Wakasagihime, catch see you later."
>Enter with Sakuya
>"Have you seen Lady Kanako around anywhere?"
>Quickly look back and make sure Kanako hasn't just been tailing us this whole incident.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:33:25 PM by Miniking »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2015, 09:41:32 PM »
>"Thanks again Wishcash Wakasagihime, catch see you later."
>Wakasagihime waves goodbye and flies off in the direction of the Genbu Marsh.

>Enter with Sakuya
>You enter the mansion with Sakuya.
>The two of you are walking through a large foyer. A few groups of fairy maids are diligently working here and there. As you and Sakuya pass by one of the groups, the fairy maids immediately stand at attention in an almost militaristic fashion, before swiftly returning to their duties.

>"Have you seen Lady Kanako around anywhere?"
>"No, I haven't." Sakuya answers, "Why do you ask?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »
>"Well, she's just been gone pretty long without notifying us lately."
>"Ah, I forgot how respected you are among the other maids."
>"So I take it you don't know much about this incident either?"
>"How was your day? I hope it's been better than mine so far..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:15 PM »
>"Well, she's just been gone pretty long without notifying us lately."
>"She has? Do you think she might have something to do with this incident?"

>"Ah, I forgot how respected you are among the other maids."
>Sakuya chuckles, "Yes. They all sure look up to me..." she pauses, "Or fear me..."

>"So I take it you don't know much about this incident either?"
>"No. I did do some investigation earlier this week, but all it turned up was dead ends."

>"How was your day? I hope it's been better than mine so far..."
>"Mostly calm and peaceful. Well, until our slacker of a gatekeeper had the gall to ask for a raise of all things. Ugh. I still don't understand why my mistress hasn't fired her ass already after all these years..."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2015, 11:20:17 PM »
>"I doubt she has anything to do with it directly, but her disappearance is the only notable thing that's happened recently."
>"Wait, why does Meiling need more money? Doesn't she have paid housing and food?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2015, 11:31:55 PM »
>"Well, I guess I could see why Meiling would want a raise, being out in the cold all the time, especially because of this incident. She'd have to show more progress in work though if she does..."
>Sakuya chuckles, "Yes. They all sure look up to me..." she pauses, "Or fear me..."
>"Wait, your eyes weren't red a second ag- OH HELL NO!"
>"Well, it could be both. I mean you do have sick skills with those knives and maybe they like how intimidating you are."
>"And if your mistress did fire her, who would she hire as a replacement? Another fairy? Things could be worse than they are now ya know."
>"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I'm cold. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:16:43 AM by Miniking »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2015, 03:38:57 AM »
>"I doubt she has anything to do with it directly, but her disappearance is the only notable thing that's happened recently."
>"I see..."

>"Wait, why does Meiling need more money? Doesn't she have paid housing and food?"
>"Well, I guess I could see why Meiling would want a raise, being out in the cold all the time, especially because of this incident. She'd have to show more progress in work though if she does..."
I'm assuming Miniking wanted what he said to be parsed instead of what you said, since the statements contradict each other. But as he gave no indication of "don't do this action; do this instead" I'm just taking a wild guess here. If this is not the case, then sorry, WodofGar. I hope you understand.
>"Yes, a lot more progress, indeed..."

>"Wait, your eyes weren't red a second ag- OH HELL NO!"
>"Eheheheheheheh!"

>"Well, it could be both. I mean you do have sick skills with those knives and maybe they like how intimidating you are."
>"Heh. Perhaps it could be both. But it doesn't matter either way. It still motivates them to perform their duties perfectly. Well... mostly..."

>"And if your mistress did fire her, who would she hire as a replacement? Another fairy? Things could be worse than they are now ya know."
>"Hmph. With her current level of performance, I bet even a fairy would make a better gatekeeper than her... But I suppose you're right. There could be people far worse than Meiling to have as a gatekeeper..."

>"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I'm cold. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
>"One more, and I will plunge a knife into your voicebox before you could squeeze out another 'Are'!"

>Sakuya leads you into a room near the end of the foyer. It appears to be an elegant living room of some kind. A lit fireplace is sitting by the wall, nearby are some rather comfy looking chairs, positioned so that whoever is sitting on them will face more towards the fire. Between the chairs is a small mahogany table. Beneath them, covering a large section of the floor, is a blood-red, ornate rug. A few fairy maids are busy dusting the shelves mounted to the walls and polishing a few vases sitting on said shelves. As you walk in, they immediately snap to attention, just as the previous fairy group had done, and then quickly resume their work.
>"Wait here by the fire, I'll go get you a change of clothes." says Sakuya, "Would you like some tea as well?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2015, 04:29:42 AM »
Well, I didn't notice it impeded his question, but I think you should've imputed Wod of Gar's response seeing as his was first. Didn't mean to be rude.
>"Oh yea, you guys don't have TV and electricity yet..."
>Wait, we didn't fight or resolve an incident yet, we can't have tea! "Tea please. And uhh, is there somewhere less public I could change when you come with the clothes?"
>Sit in a comfy chair. Save our game at the Save Suwako Statue conveniently near the fireplace