Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest  (Read 72083 times)

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
Re: Wind Priestess Quest
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2015, 08:17:52 PM »
>MISSION SUCCESS! *fanfare*

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2015, 09:36:12 PM »
>"I really appreciate it. Thank you"
>"You're welcome. I'll be back in minute." says the kappa before running off towards one of the stone dwellings.
>The other kappa in her group keep their distance while eying you curiously.

>MISSION SUCCESS! *fanfare*
>You gained 50 EXP! (not that it matters...)
>_
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:39:02 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2015, 09:55:58 PM »
Girls are waiting patiently, please wait with them.>Idle animation go! hum a theme/song we know from the outside world. possibly sway side to side if it fits.
>Pull out an Ip*dtm and challenge the other kappa to a dance battle!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2015, 10:10:01 PM »
>Idle animation go! hum a theme/song we know from the outside world. possibly sway side to side if it fits.
>You begin patiently waiting and start humming a random, made up tune that comes quite naturally to you

>Pull out an Ip*dtm and challenge the other kappa to a dance battle!
>Challenge accepted! (The kappa group promptly serves you.)

>After about a couple minutes of waiting, the kappa returns with a hammer and chisel in her hands.
>"Here." she says, "Promise to bring these back when you're done with them, ok?"
>_
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:13:55 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2015, 10:20:13 PM »
>My (Kanako). I should've expected that video, it being one of my first touhou related things I've ever seen (but still didn't know of at the time)
>"I promise I'll return as soon as she's free."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2015, 10:26:56 PM »
>My (Kanako). I should've expected that video, it being one of my first touhou related things I've ever seen (but still didn't know of at the time)
>"I promise I'll return as soon as she's free."
>"Alright." says the kappa as she hands you the tools.
>OBTAINED:
  >Hammer and Chisel
  >>A pair of tools commonly used for chipping away at hard objects, like rock or ice. You are currently borrowing these from a random kappa in the Genbu Marsh.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2015, 10:38:44 PM »
>I'll wait for you here when I come back okaaaaaay?
>Fly back to the scene of peril, Lake Mistia Misty Lake, No Interruptions.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2015, 10:54:03 PM »
>I'll wait for you here when I come back okaaaaaay?
>"Okay." the kappa replies.

>Fly back to the scene of peril, Lake Mistia Misty Lake, No Interruptions.
>You high-tail it back to the Misty Lake. You manage to get there in about twelve minutes.
>You find your way back to the girl stuck in the frozen lake surface. She's gone back to pounding on the ice with her fists. As soon as you get close she sees you and stops her struggling.
>"That was way longer than a minute..." she says, "I was beginning to think you forgot about me."
>_

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2015, 10:55:20 PM »
>"Sorry. I had to wait for a kappa."
>CHISEL CHISEL CHISEL
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2015, 11:02:04 PM »
>"Thanks for waiting. I also need to get back to the kappa and return this right when I'm done."
>CHISEL CHISEL CHISEL

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2015, 11:43:12 PM »
>"Sorry. I had to wait for a kappa."
>"Thanks for waiting. I also need to get back to the kappa and return this right when I'm done."
>"Okay." she responds, "Just hurry up and get me out of here..."

>CHISEL CHISEL CHISEL
>You begin energetically chiseling at the ice around the trapped girl's waist, taking special care not to hit her on accident.
>Even with your current vigor, it becomes apparent that this process is still going to take a while.

>"So....." the girl says after about a minute, "What brings you to the Misty Lake, anyway?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2015, 11:53:15 PM »
>"My name is Kochiya Sanae and I'm a Shrine Maiden. I'm trying to figure out why everything's cold in summer all of a sudden...and I'm also looking for one of my shrine's goddesses; Kanako."
>"So far, no one's been any help at all and as a matter of fact, gave me more problems to solve, not that I don't like being helpful."
>"So, who are you, you don't exactly look human."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2015, 12:04:20 AM »
>"My name is Kochiya Sanae and I'm a Shrine Maiden. I'm trying to figure out why everything's cold in summer all of a sudden...and I'm also looking for one of my shrine's goddesses; Kanako."
>"So far, no one's been any help at all and as a matter of fact, gave me more problems to solve, not that I don't like being helpful."
>"I'm sorry to hear that." says the girl, "But look on the bright side. Someone will eventually help you find the answers you're looking for, right?"

>"So, who are you, you don't exactly look human."
>"I'm Wakasagihime. I'm a ningyo. The only ningyo in Gensokyo, as a matter of fact. It's nice to meet you."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2015, 12:15:52 AM »
>"Wa-ka-sa-gi-hi-me huh, sounds royal."
>"Can I just call you waggysaggy instead?"
>"Oh, so you're like Areil! Uhh, nevermind."
>"Isn't it lonely being the only one of your kind though?
>"I forgot to mention a few things. I can make miracles happen if people put enough faith into me and my goddesses. So if everybody in Gensokyo believed in us, I could probably wipe out this snow in a snap, heck I could probably even make it rain food or something with that much faith. I guess you could say I'm like Hahruhi Suzumiya, albeit with a few differences.

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2015, 12:42:21 AM »
>*outside world references intensifies*
>*overused joke intensifies intensifies*

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2015, 12:54:06 AM »
>"Wa-ka-sa-gi-hi-me huh, sounds royal."
>"It's funny that you say that, because I actually am of royal blood."

>"Can I just call you waggysaggy instead?"
>"Oh, come on! Why does everyone I meet insist on calling me that!? Is my name that hard to pronounce!?!"

>"Oh, so you're like Areil! Uhh, nevermind."
>"Who?"

>"Isn't it lonely being the only one of your kind though?
>"Not really, it's actually quite peaceful here in Gensokyo." Wagsags Wakasagihime began, "You should've seen where I lived before I took up residence here. Ningyo cities are very crowded, and 75% of the people you meet are very obnoxious and annoying."

>"I forgot to mention a few things. I can make miracles happen if people put enough faith into me and my goddesses. So if everybody in Gensokyo believed in us, I could probably wipe out this snow in a snap, heck I could probably even make it rain food or something with that much faith. I guess you could say I'm like Hahruhi Suzumiya, albeit with a few differences.
>"Raining food, huh? Now that would be quite a sight to see" she says with a chuckle.

>*outside world references intensifies*
>Obama, ISIS, McDonalds, The Internet, Shrinemaiden.org, iPad, Super Smash Bros, TV, Taco Bell, DC Comics, Random Japanese Mangas, <Insert long list of random nonsensical outside world stuffs and thingies here>, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, blah...
>*overused joke intensifies intensifies*
>Suwako's hat not being amused intensifies! (Also stuffs and thingies...) :P
>_
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:55:41 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2015, 01:06:17 AM »
>"I wish I could show you one, but I'm kinda running low on ♪Miracle power♪ or something. And it'll take a miracle for me to stop this snowing with some leftover, sorry."
>"Hey, You have your own 'Quest' too right!?"
>Check how chiseled Wakasagihime is...wait, not like that.
>Miniking: Well, your name is ok to pronounce, it's just a royal pain trying to type it out...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2015, 02:42:45 AM »
>"I wish I could show you one, but I'm kinda running low on ♪Miracle power♪ or something. And it'll take a miracle for me to stop this snowing with some leftover, sorry."
>"It's fine." Waggetysaggety Wakasagihime replies.

>"Hey, You have your own 'Quest' too right!?"
>"Yes, apparently..."

>Check how chiseled Wakasagihime is...wait, not like that.
>lol
>At this point you have managed to chisel about a half-inch deep circle around Waggysaggy's Wakasagihime's waist. You have no idea how deep this ice is, and therefore do no how much longer you have to chisel. It's still going to take a while.

>Miniking: Well, your name is ok to pronounce, it's just a royal pain trying to type it out...
IMO, it's the other way around.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2015, 03:15:57 AM »
>"So uhh, hows the weather? *facepalm* doh! what were you doing before this incident?"
>"How about that ice fairy Cirno and her friend over there, no chance they might've caused this right?"
>Snake accessory: Sanae, you must look around. We, your conscious demands you do. Frog accessory: Stop already, can't you see we're an overused joke. We're just here to make her look more unique. Remember, without an accessory or hat, a Touhou can't exist properly
>Look around, for an unknown force compels you to...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:17:57 AM by Miniking »

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2015, 03:52:17 AM »
>*looking around intensifies* *shoots self*

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2015, 04:16:23 AM »
>"So uhh, hows the weather? *facepalm* doh! what were you doing before this incident?"
>"I wasn't doing much. You see, I tend to stay in the lake and keep to myself most of the time."

>"How about that ice fairy Cirno and her friend over there, no chance they might've caused this right?"
>"Ha ha! No. There's no way that fairy is that powerful. Sure, I have seen her create localized blizzards and freeze small sections of the lake, but I highly doubt she can do anything as massive and widespread as this."

>Snake accessory: Sanae, you must look around. We, your conscious demands you do. Frog accessory: Stop already, can't you see we're an overused joke. We're just here to make her look more unique. Remember, without an accessory or hat, a Touhou can't exist properly
>If there is no decoration on your loli's head, she will die!

>Look around, for an unknown force compels you to...
>While maintaining your chiseling, you look around.
>The frozen lake surface is nothing more than an empty, white expanse. The only interesting things you see are the distant silhouettes of the surrounding forest and the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

>*looking around intensifies* *shoots self*
>You intensely keep scanning your surroundings, until you spontaneously lose all faith in your self and commit suicide by shooting yourself in the head with danmaku.
>"Are you kidding me!?!" yells Wakasagihime as your corpse slumps over on the ice.
>GAME OVER!

>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2015, 05:21:15 AM »
>Strike up small talk to make slowly chiseling a person out of ice less awkward. "What's it like being a Ningyo? I couldn't imagine not having any legs!"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2015, 05:27:12 AM »
>Respawn and loot our corpse, gaining double the amount of items. Tadaaa~
>More small talk as we continue getting wakogasahime wakasagihime out. "Can you believe how rude some people are, I was almost killed when I approached this lady in the garden of the sun. She shot a huge laser at me like Marisa does.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:34:44 AM by Miniking »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2015, 05:59:10 AM »
>Strike up small talk to make slowly chiseling a person out of ice less awkward. "What's it like being a Ningyo? I couldn't imagine not having any legs!"
>"Pfft. You're lucky you have legs..." Wags Wakasagihime began, "Have you ever tried moving on land with a fin? It just doesn't work. It makes it hard to socialize with your land-dwelling friends as well... Anyway, aside from that, being a Ningyo isn't that bad. For instance, my kind is naturally agile in water, and we can breathe underwater too, which is something lots of land dwellers can't do."

>Respawn and loot our corpse, gaining double the amount of items. Tadaaa~
>"I'm sorry Sanae, but my boss says I can't let you do that." says Komachi in a creepy, monotone voice.

>More small talk as we continue getting wakogasahime wakasagihime out. "Can you believe how rude some people are, I was almost killed when I approached this lady in the garden of the sun. She shot a huge laser at me like Marisa does.
>I see what you did there... :P
>"Ugh. Don't get me started on rude people... Have you ever met a youkai by the name of Seija Kijin? She's the rudest and most annoying person I have ever met."

>You manage to chisel another quarter of an inch down by the time she finishes that sentence.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2015, 06:24:27 AM »
>"Well, she can't be as pitiful as Tatara Kogasa. It's like she devoted her life to trying to surprise people every single chance she gets. Most of her attempts are usually stuff like hiding around a corner with her gigantic umbrella sticking out in plain site, before popping out and yelling something. Even when I beat her up, she just keeps trying. She's also the person I found almost dead in the snow recently and had to help out, all because she was trying to scare me again when the snowstorm happened."
>"So, what's this Seija person do that annoys you?
>"Atleast there's some nice people here, like that other fairy that was with Cirno. She stayed by her side even while freezing her wings off."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2015, 06:54:31 AM »
>"Well, she can't be as pitiful as Tatara Kogasa. It's like she devoted her life to trying to surprise people every single chance she gets. Most of her attempts are usually stuff like hiding around a corner with her gigantic umbrella sticking out in plain site, before popping out and yelling something. Even when I beat her up, she just keeps trying. She's also the person I found almost dead in the snow recently and had to help out, all because she was trying to scare me again when the snowstorm happened."
>"Wow, she certainly sounds like quite a handful. How do you manage to put up with her so much?"

>"So, what's this Seija person do that annoys you?
>"Ugh, where do I begin..." Wackosashimi Wakasagihime says with a groan, "Well, first of all, she's amanojaku, which is not exactly the best kind of youkai to hang around, and on top of that, she has this nasty ability to flip anything, and I mean anything, over, which she uses to entertain herself. A lot." she pauses, briefly, "Tell me, have you ever been vertically flipped underwater, several hundred times, in under a minute? Well that's what she did to me once, simply because she was bored. Ugh, I feel nauseous just thinking about it... And I'm not done yet. Another bad quality she has is that she sees what most people see as horrible ideas as very good ideas. So she sometimes comes up with these harebrained schemes that somehow end up involving me and the few friends I have and they end up getting us all in trouble. Ugh, she's such a pain. I hope you never meet her."

>"Atleast there's some nice people here, like that other fairy that was with Cirno. She stayed by her side even while freezing her wings off."
>"Yeah, I've seen those two from beneath the lake surface from time to time. They're like two peas in a pod..."

>By this point you have managed to chisel a total of once inch down into the ice, but there's still more ice to go.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2015, 07:25:44 AM »
>"She sounds like a real jerk."
>"So, how are your friends, I bet they're nice. Most people who know me dislike me because of a little experiment me and my goddesses did involving a nuclear hell raven."
>"Whew, this is taking pretty long."

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2015, 08:59:28 AM »
>Shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2015, 11:40:47 AM »
//Wait, if Wakasagihime has met Seija and Sanae hasn't, does that place the timeline of this story somewhere between Day 1 of ISC and Day 8? DO WE GO TO HAKUGYOKURO? HAS THEY STEELD THE SPRING AGEN?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2015, 04:21:05 PM »
>"She sounds like a real jerk."
>"You bet she is."

>"So, how are your friends, I bet they're nice. Most people who know me dislike me because of a little experiment me and my goddesses did involving a nuclear hell raven."
>"Yeah, they're pretty nice. I wonder how this cold is affecting them, though..." she pauses, "So, what happened in this experiment that made so many people dislike you?"

>"Whew, this is taking pretty long."
>"Meh. At least it's faster than anything I could've done on my own..."

>Shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
>You begin chiseling so hard you become a living jackhammer. You manage to get another inch through the ice before you die of exhaustion.

//Wait, if Wakasagihime has met Seija and Sanae hasn't, does that place the timeline of this story somewhere between Day 1 of ISC and Day 8? DO WE GO TO HAKUGYOKURO? HAS THEY STEELD THE SPRING AGEN?
Your GM would like to offer two explanations for this. Choose whichever one seems better:
1. (Best in-game explanation.) This game takes place in a timeline that is separate from canon continuity.
2. (Most accurate explanation.) Your GM is a complete ⑨ and forgot that ISC even existed. So, for the sake of this game's continuity, he urges you to pretend that all games ISC and onward do not exist in this game's canon.

>"Whait oh no where id spring?"
>"UIt is been stoled!"

>_