Author Topic: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)  (Read 274747 times)

Mew seeker

• Find things
Re: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)
« Reply #330 on: January 06, 2015, 10:57:50 PM »
I did a little search and found a Japanese let's play of the game at Niconico Douga :
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25231047

I don't know if there is an English wiki for the game but meanwhile I found a Japanese one :
http://wikiwiki.jp/tensi-gj-ms/

If you, for some reason, like to get perfect Individual Values for a doll,
you should save up on 魔力の欠片 (things that sell for 200 yen, its description does hint that it might have other uses).

I'll post more when I get more of these.

I believe  魔力の欠片 could be translated as "magical (magic power) fragments".
Usually those are instead dropped by the Heartless but it seems  that in Gensokyo it's the dolls that drops them?  :V
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:01:32 PM by Mew seeker »

You can wish for anything!

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Re: Fantasy Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)
« Reply #331 on: January 06, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »
OMFG THE HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE I would so wait for a such a patch for costumes to happen.

I'm curious to see everybody's trainer cards, just to see what the puppet art for each starter looks like.

You can always have these:
https://mega.co.nz/#!usFnAD5b!ch6v5cMiK-CU1pDt_WeqIiX4vw7-5Tt5Vd-uBLF0opM

EDIT: Luize is such a good girl.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:50:42 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #332 on: January 07, 2015, 01:24:50 AM »
Thank you and um... ack where to go next now I keep asking this from time to time, I've beaten Medicine for the second time.

Edit: Nevermind found it.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #333 on: January 07, 2015, 02:05:12 AM »
Now that I've reached Makai. I should probably say that good options for starter should be:
Shinki, Yumeko, Yuka and Reimu (can be get very late in the game).
Mima, Byakuren (Way too rare).
Sariel (Can help you beat the first part of the game easily).
Elis (Hard to capture with overleveled puppets).

Spoiler:
Yakumo Household (post-game)

Common: Chen and Ran.
Less common: Yukari.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:06:24 AM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #334 on: January 07, 2015, 03:49:11 AM »
I'm so happy beaten Yuuka and caught a Raiko on the way now to sweep off a little of my to do list before advancing the plot.

Edit: Byakuren was a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIT salty after I beated up her followers Puppets then when she threw out her Speed Byakuren (Real one) I threw out my Speed Miko and yelled "BATTLE OF THE REGLIONS" and won best times ever. 

Edit 2: So was Marisa and Reimu those two were meeeeeeeeeean thankfully I had some battle revives on me.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:02:31 AM by MewMewHeart »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2015, 08:04:23 AM »
Looks like the artist for the game is recruiting people to make costumes for the puppets (or something):
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48031566

I wonder what this could mean? New forms? Is it just aesthetic? I need to know! Also damnit! I've been working on getting all the sprites animated and someone made a code to do it all in way less time, I'm happy but damn does it make me feel like... something. I need to work on something, maybe come up with a signature style trainer card.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #336 on: January 08, 2015, 12:05:25 AM »
I wonder what this could mean? New forms? Is it just aesthetic? I need to know! Also damnit! I've been working on getting all the sprites animated and someone made a code to do it all in way less time, I'm happy but damn does it make me feel like... something. I need to work on something, maybe come up with a signature style trainer card.

Make a Kamina version of Iku?  :3

You can wish for anything!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #337 on: January 08, 2015, 05:37:09 AM »
So after that post with the costume thing I did some searching and found something interesting. Touhou PDP is the second version of an already released game by the same group. When going through the file I ran into this image that looked really familiar,

So I found this as a result. http://www.fo-lens.net/shisou2/
And sure enough when you go into the characters page you see the exact same image.

Also when you go into the system page you get the final nail in the coffin on this!
For those that can't see the site or something:

As you can see it's Touhoumon... or PDP way before. The battle system is the same and with the Aya changing clothes is similar to how the new function will work. I can't get a good translation of what the game is called but it's something close to Touhou 幻想紫創伝 (purple creation or something).

I for one am glad they made PDPm it looks so much better, but then again that looks like their first game too.

« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2015, 05:50:13 AM »
That was an April Fool's joke. It says so on the page you linked. My impression is that they've been wanting to make this game for a while though, so they probably turned their early mock-ups into a joke.

Anyway, I've beaten the game twice now. By which I mean I renamed my save folder and started a brand new game from scratch. I noticed that Yorihime and Toyohime both have an incredibly limited movepool, so I'm wondering if that's something the devs used to balance characters. Momiji is awesome since she can guaranteed kill any character stronger and faster than her, but I don't know how that would play out against a human opponent who can more intelligently switch dolls.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #339 on: January 08, 2015, 06:26:14 AM »
That was an April Fool's joke. It says so on the page you linked. My impression is that they've been wanting to make this game for a while though, so they probably turned their early mock-ups into a joke.

Anyway, I've beaten the game twice now. By which I mean I renamed my save folder and started a brand new game from scratch. I noticed that Yorihime and Toyohime both have an incredibly limited movepool, so I'm wondering if that's something the devs used to balance characters. Momiji is awesome since she can guaranteed kill any character stronger and faster than her, but I don't know how that would play out against a human opponent who can more intelligently switch dolls.

oh... well damn. I thought I was onto something since that Yukari picture is in both.

Twice already!? What kind of post game content is there?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #340 on: January 08, 2015, 07:10:59 AM »
>Find a Rumia with S in Fo.Atk and decent speed
>Team severely lacking in Fo.Atkers, keep her
>Spend PP on raising Fo.Atk and Speed
>Lv30, found out her Power style focuses on Sp.Atk instead, and if I go Defense Rumia those 64 points in Spd are basically wasted

WHY
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

« Reply #341 on: January 08, 2015, 07:51:40 AM »
Twice already!? What kind of post game content is there?

Well, I can't tell if I'm missing anything, but there's a sidequest for Kasen where you have to gather things from around Gensokyo, a bonus dungeon with a bonus boss at the bottom, and you can fight most of the important characters again with new level 80 teams.

>Find a Rumia with S in Fo.Atk and decent speed
>Team severely lacking in Fo.Atkers, keep her
>Spend PP on raising Fo.Atk and Speed
>Lv30, found out her Power style focuses on Sp.Atk instead, and if I go Defense Rumia those 64 points in Spd are basically wasted

WHY

Which is why the second time around I never allocated any points into anything until the final boss, when I was sure what I was using them for. It's pretty much the most permanent decision you can make in this game, since even rebirth keeps it. Although I guess at that point catching a new one isn't much different.

Although the system isn't perfect. I recently rebirthed a Nitori to S ranks in almost every stat only to find out that I gave her the wrong color seal since she flipped to Spread Attack at level 30.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:30:37 AM by Clarste »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #342 on: January 08, 2015, 10:38:08 PM »
So the puppet dex has this cost on the entries, what are those about?

« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2015, 12:01:16 AM »
So the puppet dex has this cost on the entries, what are those about?

It interacts with a few skills (there's a nature skill where the power is based on the opponent's cost), but mostly it affects experience growth. High cost puppets take way more experience to grow, and give more experience when defeated as enemies. It's pretty noticeable when you have both an 80 cost and a 120 cost puppet in the same team: even if the 120 participates in every battle and the 80 in none, the 80 will still level up faster.

Also I think higher cost puppets have higher total stats. If you look at who has what cost, it's pretty obviously a "power level" with stage 1 bosses at 80 and EX bosses at 120.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2015, 04:58:24 AM »
Anyone used Melonbooks DL before? I trying to buy the game but since I had help the last time I used it I'm at a screen where I've no idea what to put in. Can't find a reliable tutorial for this section of Melonbooks.

EDIT: got it working! Now the the hardest decision on my life. Which starter to pick...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:16:42 AM by Colticide »

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #345 on: January 09, 2015, 07:33:46 AM »
Where can you catch Raiko? She's the last party member I want to have.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #346 on: January 09, 2015, 07:35:55 AM »
Just to fill it in, Raiko is a rare encounter on the route after Garden of the Sun, where Benben, Yatsuhashi and Seija are also found.  Toyohime and Yorihime are very rare in the area south of the Misty Lake where Orange and Rinnosuke can be encountered.  (Yes, that's a pretty random spot for them.  They might be somewhere around Eientei as well, I dunno.)

Here ya go.

EDIT: Well started with Alice, very much a hard hitting tank puppet. Love her ability which has a 30% to seal attack on her! Also... Sukuna what your problem?! I know your here so quit hiding! As of note for future I seen that Koakuma is like abra (kinda) when she attacks the battle ends, any idea how to catch her? If you need a turn to set up a seal and another to KO then she would have the advantage right?

EDIT: and not even two battles in Sukuna shows up. Guess bad mouthing rares really works on here.  :V
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:54:52 AM by Colticide »

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #347 on: January 09, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »

EDIT: and not even two battles in Sukuna shows up. Guess bad mouthing rares really works on here.  :V

You wouldn't believe how well that works in Puzzle and Dragons  :]
A few weeks ago i complained about my rolls in the REM machine. A few days later during the new godfest i rolled so many awesome rares that i think it was the game's equivalent of "SHUT THE F**K UP!"
If i remember correct i got something like 7 rares (and very powerful ones at that) out of 9 rolls..... :V

Whiner for Life?  :derp:

« Reply #348 on: January 09, 2015, 11:57:57 AM »
oh god the cave behind hakurei shrine is so big....and the random encounter level is too high....it looks like i will hit lvl 100 soon
and in the reincarnation system, can we breed moves too like breeding in pokemon?

« Reply #349 on: January 09, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »
oh god the cave behind hakurei shrine is so big....and the random encounter level is too high....it looks like i will hit lvl 100 soon
and in the reincarnation system, can we breed moves too like breeding in pokemon?

No, just stats. The movepools are kept very limited compared to Pokemon.

I started my third game recently and it seems the 1.10 patch buffed the levels of a lot of bosses. Makes the game more interesting.

« Reply #350 on: January 09, 2015, 01:56:15 PM »
i see, how do i use it btw, there is 5 slot, first slot is the target, what is the next 4?
and yea the movepool is very limited, although the ability seems a bit op compared to pokemon

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #351 on: January 09, 2015, 02:31:46 PM »
Patchouli sorta explains it to you. In Japanese.

The first slot obviously is for your doll which you want to reincarnate.
It resets basically everything. I think the only thing that doesn't get reset is the 'Encountered in place, at time'

The second and third slots(Inheritance)  are for when you want to pass on IVs from other dolls.
If you set one doll, two of the reincarnated doll's IVs will be based on this doll.
If you set two dolls, three of the reincarnated doll's IVs will be based on either one of the dolls, separately.

The fourth slot is for when you want to give a particular 印 to the reincarnated doll, which boosts a particular stat by 10%.
(印 has a lot of meanings, and I don't feel like finding a good translation for this, for now. 'Mark' might probably work, if it itself didn't have a lot of meanings)

The fifth slot is for when you want to either
fix all IVs from the reincarnating doll, or
pass on a particular IV from the reincarnating doll, or
when you want to inherit more IVs from the inheriting doll(s).

For the fifth slot, except for the first option, you'll have to get it from somewhere else.

Thankfully, in this game Skill Cards (TMs in pokemon) are not one-time usables, so try using it.
Signature

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #352 on: January 09, 2015, 04:06:13 PM »
Here ya go.
Thank you!
Hey, I just came to Hina's house, what does she do? She just swallowed my Nazrin... She had 51 lvl... Can I get her back?

EDIT: Nevermind, I restarted the game without saving. But I still wonder, what Hina does?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:22:52 PM by LunaWillow »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2015, 04:08:07 PM »
Thank you!
Hey, I just came to Hina's house, what does she do? She just swallowed my Nazrin... She had 51 lvl... Can I get her back?

Oh no you should have asked first, Hina is your way of releasing puppets.

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #354 on: January 09, 2015, 04:52:38 PM »
Oh no you should have asked first, Hina is your way of releasing puppets.
What?! Glad I didn't save... Nazrin is my right hand when I can not use Mai.
Ah, I just cought Yuki. She's low level, but I'd like to keep her. Though there will be no place for Raiko... 

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #355 on: January 09, 2015, 04:57:16 PM »
What?! Glad I didn't save... Nazrin is my right hand when I can not use Mai.
Ah, I just cought Yuki. She's low level, but I'd like to keep her. Though there will be no place for Raiko...

I know what you mean, I want to use Raiko but I've already got too many favorites in my party right now.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #356 on: January 09, 2015, 05:58:50 PM »
I wanna use Reimu, Yuyuko, Yukari, and Reisen, but I have too many advanced levels in my party and half of them consist of my favorites. Well minus Rika since she's my go to if  any opponent tries to expose a weakness of mine.

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #357 on: January 09, 2015, 06:45:41 PM »
Argh, I just caught Tenshi. I want her in team so badly, but I already have Nazrin... Curse you, game! This is just unfair.

EDIT: Gee, after deafiting Sanae I talked to Kanako. What an awful mistake it was... My team just wasn't heal properly... My poor team...
Question: Do you loose anything when your party is deafeted?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:59:53 PM by LunaWillow »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #358 on: January 09, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »
I'm gonna need a thing that makes the choices for me till I get to end game (then it's competitive time!), but dear god I feel bad for Wriggle, 4x weak to steel! Not only does Alice know a steel move but so does Sukuna and Keine... in fact more then half of team (9) are weak to steel.

Shadnick

• Amateur Danmaku duelist
« Reply #359 on: January 09, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »
hmmm,
I have a question...
How I can play in a network battle? I think, its in the center where you always see your "PC" dolls and you healed your dolls.
But, I even finish the game and still nothing.
Do not confuse me. Aim a mexicano who likes to eat tacos.
If I can jump walls, I can also jump all kind of bullet-walls  :v

XDX