Author Topic: Sword Quest III - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 41108 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Sword Quest III - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: November 22, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »

>You are Toyosatomimi no Miko, Gensokyo?s finest hermit!
>Yours is a curious case; once emperor of this entire nation (except for Hokkaido, Okinawa, and such), you retired away to undertake a ritual to grant you immortality and bring you closer to perfection of being. It worked beyond your wildest expectations, transforming you to the person you?ve become today. One might complain about how long it took, but the results have been worth it. You live in seclusion with your retainer, Futo, and your former consort, Tojiko, refining your mastery over the art of the Hermit and catching up on the 1500 or so years of your nation?s history that you've managed to miss out upon, and trying to understand the nature of this land of Gensokyo. You are not certain which of those two fields has managed to shock you more.
>You have stepped down as a ruler and renounced your birthright, but you do try to maintain a noble?s gravitas. Your interests these days involves perfecting your hermitry, and eventually ascending to the ranks of the celestials. While you no longer have a true interest in leading the masses, you do feel that Gensokyo need to be united under a single leader. At the very least its human population will not do particularly well in its currently weak and disunified state against the likes of the youkai, one cannot depend on corrective measures such as a shrine maiden forever?
>Of late, you have learned of a growing unrest within the human village and on the urging of Futo and Tojiko, have visited to assess the situation. To your mild surprise, you have found that a small handful of villagers have some interest in Taoism. While you have no intention of taking on any pupils, you are contemplating giving them some basic instruction and seeing how it goes over. You've also heard some rumors of a contest regarding some bit of lost onmyoudo lore.  Your investigation has led you to spend the evening in town, or rather, just outside of it. A kind farmer offered to loan you some space for the evening. This space, you were a little dismayed to discover, was her barn. However, it would have been rude to spurn her offer, so you graciously accepted and spent the evening on a pile of clean straw; thankfully the barn is currently free of livestock. Perhaps someone will build an inn someday?
>You  awoke to find your sword stolen and your attendents missing. Eyewitness accounts have said that Tojiko and Futo have been going around, carrying a wrapped bundle in the shape of a sword. You have been searching desperately for them, following a trail that has lead through through the village and into the Forest of Magic with a detour through the Bamboo Forest. You presently travel in the company of Reisen, who hopes to resolve a dispute at Eientei in favor of the rabbits, and are visiting with Alice, who seems to have had a conflict with your rogue companions. Sipping tea, you have discussed various things with her, most lately the mahjong tournament to be held at the Hakurei Shrine tomorrow, learning a bit more about its prize.

> "Ooh, interesting. I am sure there are others far better versed in his works than I, but I do know enough to regret he only graced the world a few centuries after I began my hibernation."

>"I hope to find some writings on his familiars, myself," says Alice. "If not that, then it will make a good bargaining chip."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sword Quest III - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 04:10:47 PM »
> Nod, then turn to Reisen.
> "What about you, if you were afforded the opportunity?"
> Finish off our tea.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »
> Nod, then turn to Reisen.
> "What about you, if you were afforded the opportunity?"
> Finish off our tea.

>"I would just give the prize to someone as a gift," Reisen says. "I'm not particularly interested in it, so I'd probably just give it to Eirin."
>You finish the tea with a long drink. You note the serving dolls make their way towards you again.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 12:35:41 AM »
> Hold up a non-teacup hand to the dolls with a smile.
> "I thank you for your gracious offer, especially as your tea is quite delicious. But I fear I must continue my search for my companions. The sooner we all get answers, the better, I think."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 01:27:47 AM »
> Hold up a non-teacup hand to the dolls with a smile.
> "I thank you for your gracious offer, especially as your tea is quite delicious. But I fear I must continue my search for my companions. The sooner we all get answers, the better, I think."

>Most of the dolls back away, save for one, who holds out her hands to accept the cup from you.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 04:09:48 AM »
> Give it the cup.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 04:33:29 AM »
> Give it the cup.

>You do so. "Oh, are you ready to go already?" says Reisen.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 04:39:50 AM »
> "I do believe so, yes. Unless you two desire to catch up with each other further?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 05:19:23 AM »
> "I do believe so, yes. Unless you two desire to catch up with each other further?"

>"I wouldn't mind that," says Reisen, "But if you're in a hurry, then we can do that later."

>_

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 11:47:10 AM »
>"I think it's probably best I find my companions before they do something ill-advised."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »
>"I think it's probably best I find my companions before they do something ill-advised."

>"Alright, then we best be on our way shortly," says Reisen.
>ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD: Youmu
>It has taken an embarrassing amount of time to extract yourself from that hole. Since then, you have dashed through the halls of this part of Hakugyokurou, but in your heart, you know that Seiga has had enough time by now to escape and either hide herself away, or simply flee back to Gensokyo. You find a few ghosts here and there who have seen her, and piece together that she started making holes in walls and continued to flee westward; the holes themselves having since sealed up. Either she has made her way into the forests around the palace, or she made a beeline for the stairs and the exit since leaving, you are not sure yet. Either way, you have conceded that she has escaped for now.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »
> Give an annoyed grunt.
> Head back to where we left Yuyuko and the underground folks.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 12:44:45 PM »
> Give an annoyed grunt.
> Head back to where we left Yuyuko and the underground folks.

>Irritated, you make your way back to the tower where you left your friends. Heading into the dining room, you see that Koishi and Utsuho are gathered around a wooden game board, the latter throwing two dice then moving a game piece. Parsee sits at Utsuho's side, dining on some rice with Miso.
>"Oh, hey," Parsee says as you come in. "Yuyuko wanted us to tell you she went to investigate at the tree, apparently something went down? She ordered someone else to get us breakfast so don't worry about that."
>"Did something bad happen?" Utusho asks.
>"It's your turn,"  Koishi says to the raven youkai.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
> Are they playing Parcheesi or something else?
> "You could say that. Do any of you know who Seiga Kaku is?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 01:04:34 PM »
> Are they playing Parcheesi or something else?
> "You could say that. Do any of you know who Seiga Kaku is?"

>On a closer look, it is definitely Parcheesi
>"Can't say I do," says Parsee, as Utsuho takes her turn. Koishi shakes her head.
>"I've heard the name once or twice, but I don't know who she is," says Utsuho as she moves one piece, then another.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »
> "She is a hermit, and an exceedingly untrustworthy person. She did...something near the Saigyou Ayakashi, something involving a large amount of magic power."
> Frown.
> "I chased her through half of Hakugyokurou, but she seems to have tricked me for long enough to escape."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 01:18:51 PM »
> "She is a hermit, and an exceedingly untrustworthy person. She did...something near the Saigyou Ayakashi, something involving a large amount of magic power."
> Frown.
> "I chased her through half of Hakugyokurou, but she seems to have tricked me for long enough to escape."

>"Oh, that's a pain," says Parsee. "Probably why Yuyuko is out around the tree."
>"We didn't see anything around here," says Koishi, as she takes the dice in hand.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 01:31:38 PM »
> "How long ago did she leave for the Saigyou Ayakashi?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 01:36:30 PM »
> "How long ago did she leave for the Saigyou Ayakashi?"

>"When some ghost came in here and, I guess, told her something," says Parsee. "So a little bit ago."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 02:22:36 PM »
> How much of a threat does Yoshika pose to Yuyuko, given what Yoshika can do to spirits?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 02:31:11 PM »
> How much of a threat does Yoshika pose to Yuyuko, given what Yoshika can do to spirits?

>You imagine that Yuyuko could probably handle her if needs be, as much as you rather dislike the idea of her needing to handle anything in that capacity.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »
> "I don't suppose she gave an idea of when she would return, or what she planned on doing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 03:41:36 PM »
> "I don't suppose she gave an idea of when she would return, or what she planned on doing?"

>"I thought she was meeting with you," says Parsee. "So, no, not really."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »
> Frown.
> "I was thinking that perhaps I should go back there, yes. Would the three of you be okay by yourselves here for a little while longer?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »
> Frown.
> "I was thinking that perhaps I should go back there, yes. Would the three of you be okay by yourselves here for a little while longer?"

>"Shouldn't be a problem," says Utsuho, as she takes another roll of the dice.
>"As long as you're not gone for ages," Parsee says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 04:30:15 PM »
> Are we aware of Seiga being dismissed from Miko's entourage?

> Nod to our guests.
> "Thank you for understanding. I apologize that we have been such poor hosts. I will return as soon as I can."
> Make our way back to the Saigyou Ayakashi, keeping an eye out for Yuyuko.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:28:15 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 12:32:17 AM »
> Are we aware of Seiga being dismissed from Miko's entourage?

> Nod to our guests.
> "Thank you for understanding. I apologize that we have been such poor hosts. I will return as soon as I can."
> Make our way back to the Saigyou Ayakashi, keeping an eye out for Yuyuko.

>You have little awareness of their current relations.
>"Things happen," says Utsuho, "Don't worry about it, I'm still just thrilled we finally found Koishi."
>You makeyour way back to the Saigyou Ayakashi, taking an easy but speedy jog. As you reach its garden, you approach its grove and can easily make out the soft blue of Yuyuko's robes among the greens and browns of the flora. She seems to have taken a seat on Yoshika's back. pinning the jiang-shi down. As you get closer, you also note she is dangling some cast off cherries in front of Yoshika's face, which the latter accepts without hesitation.
>"Ah, there you are, Youmu," says Yuyuko. "I trust that there haven't been any more problems?"
>"More, pleeeeease,"  Yoshika says through a mouthful of cherry.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 12:42:19 AM »
> Give a bow.
> "My apologies, Yuyuko-sama. I pursued the culprit through a large part of Hakugyokurou, but her tricks proved to be too much for me, and she eventually escaped without proper punishment."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 12:59:22 AM »
> Give a bow.
> "My apologies, Yuyuko-sama. I pursued the culprit through a large part of Hakugyokurou, but her tricks proved to be too much for me, and she eventually escaped without proper punishment."

>"These things happen," says Yuyuko. as she idly dangles another cherry in front of Yoshika, who happily accepts it. "I don't suppose you were able to divine what she was up to? This little one had nothing useful to say."
>"Hello agaaaaain!"Yoshika says, turning her head to get a better look at you, then returns her attention to Yuyuko. "Moooore, please! You can leave the leeeeeaves on, they're good too!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 01:02:41 AM »
> Give a short, quick wave to Yoshika.
> "Hello again. You're not going to come charging after me a second time, are you?"