Author Topic: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth  (Read 44377 times)

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »
Lately I managed to beat
Spoiler:
Mega Satan
.[/spoiler]
He
Spoiler:
actually doesn't unlock anything. what you got was the normal ending you get for
Spoiler:
beating The Lamb.

From what I have heard,
Spoiler:
it only makes you immune to ennemy tear damage while you hold the spacebar button. IIRC, it doesn't work against physical or beam damage.
I'll have to check that then if I get my hands on it again. It's so rare though. :V

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2014, 05:06:30 PM »
He
Spoiler:
actually doesn't unlock anything. what you got was the normal ending you get for
Spoiler:
beating The Lamb.

There's actually kinda an unlock, but it's that in getting the stuff you need to open that fight you unlock Dad's Key.

Spoiler:
And the Mega Satan ending

Edit: Should be able to get some runs going uninterrupted, doing Hard mode to the Heart to complete the co-op babies and then working on Donation Machines and horsemen to finish up the normal unlocks.

www.twitch.tv/Smashy
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:21:23 PM by Smashy »

Sparrow Song

• Bird Youkai Enthusiast
  • Feathers are the greatest!
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2014, 12:36:31 AM »
I spoiled the game and read all the plot+endings.  Definitely a very unique plot.  Makes me wonder if the author based it on his own real life experiences.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2014, 01:16:30 AM »
Makes me wonder if the author based it on his own real life experiences.

Well, most of it, anyways.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2014, 01:57:17 AM »
Trying to clear some stuff with ? ? ? ?, I failed a couple of times until I got a run that started with Icepac. Got a few nice things like Icepac and Infestation 2.
There was Luck Up in the pill rotation and got a ton of these, Bottle of Pills helped, the toward the end I replace it with a crystal ball.
Got nun's Habit and Scapular in the Angel Rooms. Got a Rosary as well.
If you want to try it, here is the seed : m44m 12rw

You can wish for anything!

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2014, 10:12:49 PM »
The Stopwatch is so broken. (The broken stopwatch is also broken but in a different sense.)
I got it on Cave 2 and it procced every room, slowing enemies down to a crawl permanently.
Projectiles are useless since they drop after a short distance, charging enemies are neutered because slowed enemies just stand in place while charging. Music also gets perma-slowed which is kinda funny to listen to at times. :V
So if you see it in the shop do everything possible to get it.

Here's a seed that has it: 478E Q66S
It should be in the shop after using the Forget me Now on Caves 2. Both need to be unlocked of course.

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2014, 11:01:06 PM »
Wafer, Sharp Plug, Old Bandage, Placenta, Dark Bum.

We break now.

(And stream it)

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2014, 04:08:13 AM »
Fun thing about the D10! It treats the head-statues that fire bullets as enemies too. So a room without enemies can suddenly turn into a room with enemies.

« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2014, 07:28:46 AM »
Ahahahaha my first ever Cathedral clear was on a challenge of all things. To be fair it was Darkness Falls and by the end I had enough straight damage to not need to be in Whore of Babylon, plus I had Holy Mantle and Trinity Shield.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2014, 03:39:19 PM »
But... Darkness Falls railroads you to Sheol???

holy mantle+trinity shield is pretty silly either way though yeah :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2014, 07:23:53 PM »
idk man I got the angel room (got a few others earlier) and I did get the trophy after Isaac so it totally counted :V

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2014, 04:12:19 AM »
What exactly does the gnawed leaf do, anyway? The description isn't exactly helpful...
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2014, 04:17:45 AM »
You become invincible while not moving. It's a reference to the tanooki suit in Mario.

It's completely OP :V

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »
Today, the game wanted me to win and gave me the Blank Card, the Nun's Habit and the Sun Card.  :V

FlamingRok

« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2014, 03:23:55 PM »
Wow, Pyromaniac is very OP. When I played and had two defense flies, Little CHAD, and Pyromaniac, it happened to be my most defensive run yet. My power was at a low two, but I basically had unlimited HP (over 60 bombs). Well, beat Isaac with everyone (excluding The Lost) except Cain and Judas (the latter beating the boss rush however). I'm going to have to beat The Lamb eventually, however I'm getting everyone's Isaac and Chest items first.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »
I heard the only thing the Blank Card doesn't work on is pills. Someone should test it with runes/non-tarot-cards if they get a chance o: It'd be... kind of crazy for it to work on the "2 of ______" and the credit/chaos cards and runes! I mean holy carp.

...I got cut, it's like I'm playing mafia again. But yeah, Pyromaniac is insane, unless you have nothing but soul hearts in which case immunity to explosion damage is still ridonkulous (mom/satan's foot and ipecac enemies or exploding ones all heal you! It'd be awesome even if it only imparted immunity!)

As for The Lamb, he really isn't that hard; it's more that The Dark Room has a couple rooms harder than what you'd find in The Chest and you don't get nearly as many upgrades as The Chest gives you. Unless you were one guppy item away from being guppy? That transform is also insanely powerful. But more or less, if you're already crazy powerful (it'll happen eventually) you can totally get the Dark Room out of the way.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

FlamingRok

« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2014, 10:38:14 PM »
Was attempting to beat The Chest with Blue Baby today, but I managed to get both key pieces as Blue Baby, so I went after Mega Satan. Sadly, that didn't go so well, as I was beaten to a pulp before I could get past phase 1. If I was any other character, I might've had a chance...oh well, next time maybe.

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2014, 04:13:10 PM »
I finally got to beat (well more accurately get to it  :V ) Boss Rush mode for the first time with Samson.
I wasn't specifically going for it at first but then the game gave me Mom's Knife and very little keys. X D

I also got to use in another time Blank Card and Judgement. Managed to make use of lot of money and got a couple of HP up, Black Bean that portable sack and Map + Compass.
I farmed the floors for all they were worth. : P
I then settled for a bad trip pill and obliterated all those who standed in my way.
I got 20/20 on the last floor.
Spoiler:
The Lamb
didn't even get to
Spoiler:
split its body in two.
X D

I finally got to try
Spoiler:
Isaac's Tear
. Not for long but still. X D
Spoiler:
It's a Tammy Head that charge as you shoot and thus faster to use.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2014, 06:51:57 PM »
I heard the only thing the Blank Card doesn't work on is pills. Someone should test it with runes/non-tarot-cards if they get a chance o: It'd be... kind of crazy for it to work on the "2 of ______" and the credit/chaos cards and runes! I mean holy carp.

It works with both the "2 of __" cards and the runes.
Can be quite interesting with some of them. Ehwaz practically gives you a 4 room recharge shovel. :V
But the Blank Card really does have kind of a lot of invincibility combos if you get the habit.

FlamingRok

« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2014, 07:55:56 PM »
A lucky run with the Suicide King challenge today. After defeating Mom, the Boss Rush room opened up, and one of the items were Pyromaniac. This made both the Boss Rush and the rest of the run stupid easy.

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2014, 09:27:05 PM »
Spoiler:
The Lost
Hardmode progress: 1/3 (through the Negative path)

Found the Dead Cat instantly, went on to get guppybrim and win on my last life, even after blowing an Empress card on the first attempt at The Lamb.

I'm going to try to stream right now but Twitch seemed like it was acting up about a half hour ago so dunno how it'll go.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2014, 12:43:28 AM »
I finally got to try
Spoiler:
Isaac's Tears
. Not for long but still. X D
Spoiler:
It's a Tammy Head that charge as you shoot and thus faster to use.
The issue with Isaac's Tears is that the tears shot out are only as strong as the ones you shoot normally; I generally find that the 'cooldown' period where I can't shoot normal tears makes it not even worth using much. It also always shoots normal tears instead of mimicking whatever upgrades you have (although it will do stuff like slow/homing/poison tears, etc). It's only much good if your tears are already strong enough to really hurt the enemies, otherwise I only use it when I'm moving around and can't hit with normal tears anyway.

Tammy's Head can only be used once per room but does amazing damage (even with weak base tears) and azazel or brimstone make it godlike, it's on a whole different level <3

FlamingRok

« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2014, 01:07:06 AM »
Tammy's Head can only be used once per room but does amazing damage (even with weak base tears) and azazel or brimstone make it godlike, it's on a whole different level <3

^

Played as Azazel and got Tammy's Head and Brimstone on the first floor. Along with this, I got
Spoiler:
Death's Touch (unlocked by beating the challenge "Waka Waka")
, making my damage output very high, and giving me very long range. I was planning on going to the Dark Room with this run, however, an accidental touch of the Polaroid ended that quickly. Still, I needed to beat Blue Baby as Azazel, so this gave me an excuse to go straight to The Chest. Isaac was the hardest boss, because my damage output wasn't high enough to take him out in one hit. The Chest made the run even easier with Blood Lust as one of my items (because I'm clumsy and get hit often, okay). Overall, it was around a twelve minute run to beat Blue Baby, which is most definitely my fastest run.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2014, 05:28:36 AM »
after 253 deaths I'm wondering why they thought the lost wasn't a horrible, stupid idea

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2014, 07:24:38 AM »
So I'm wondering how the Chest/Dark Room split works. Beating the Cathedral doesn't change the file select image to the Polaroid pieces, does that mean I'm locked out of the Chest? Or can I still beat the Cathedral the required number of times and unlock the Polaroid?

For that matter, if I can, then does Mom give the negative or the polaroid?
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »
Anyone knows
Spoiler:
how deep the basement is? I mean the super secret BASE MENT seed
Spoiler:
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

FlamingRok

« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »
So I'm wondering how the Chest/Dark Room split works. Beating the Cathedral doesn't change the file select image to the Polaroid pieces, does that mean I'm locked out of the Chest? Or can I still beat the Cathedral the required number of times and unlock the Polaroid?

For that matter, if I can, then does Mom give the negative or the polaroid?

You can still beat the Cathedral said number of times (five), and when defeating Mom, she'll drop both the negative and the polaroid, though you can only pick one.

Spoiler:
As for the BASE MENT seed, it's literally infinite. No end. Always basement.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »
Spoiler:
As for the BASE MENT seed, it's literally infinite. No end. Always basement.
Oh... Ooooohhhh. That's awesome.
Spoiler:
As of this post, made it to B34. Wondering if it stops at 99 or goes beyond that...
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2014, 03:59:30 PM »
Oh... Ooooohhhh. That's awesome.
Spoiler:
As of this post, made it to B34. Wondering if it stops at 99 or goes beyond that...
Spoiler:
It will go as long as you do.  No, really.  That's what infinite means.

Eventually you will have every item and the game will just be throwing Breakfast at you over and over again because that's what it does when you have everything.

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2014, 01:21:19 PM »
Running out of keys because you picked Guppy's Tail?
Pro tip : using a Bomb Are Key Pill or the D20 can help you get around that