Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 6 [COMPLETED]  (Read 56705 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 6
« Reply #720 on: February 13, 2015, 04:31:43 AM »
>"Well, Ice's blood is probably already very cold all the time, so you needn't worry."
>"I hope so as well. Everything I have seen of Ice makes me think her heart is good. I hope that, one way or another, we will be able to call each other friends by the time all this is over."

>"Aw man, that's just terrible."
>"I still can't believe she shielded you like dat." says. "I 'bout had a heart attack once I figured out it was her behind it."

« Reply #721 on: February 13, 2015, 04:36:50 AM »
>"Yes, I can imagine what that must have looked like from the outside. But it was there that she swore to me she could keep Satori safe. ...perhaps also so that Fire could not see her do it?"

« Reply #722 on: February 13, 2015, 05:06:17 AM »
>"Yes, I can imagine what that must have looked like from the outside. But it was there that she swore to me she could keep Satori safe. ...perhaps also so that Fire could not see her do it?"

>"Even cut herself to prove her point." Lily adds.
>Rin starts. "A blood oath? Damn, how's she gonna hide that from Fire? Wait a sec, I didn't see any cuts on her after she came out of dat ice."

« Reply #723 on: February 13, 2015, 06:03:33 AM »
>"It was not terribly deep; perhaps she heals quickly? I did not have occasion to notice after we parted ways."

« Reply #724 on: February 13, 2015, 06:42:38 AM »
>"It was not terribly deep; perhaps she heals quickly? I did not have occasion to notice after we parted ways."

>"She froze it, too." Lily adds, a frown in her voice. "Had to hurt."
>"Ain't that more obvious than the cut?"
>"Nah, it was actually pretty much like her belly feathers. Hey, what did Ice look like in that vision thing you saw?"

« Reply #725 on: February 13, 2015, 06:44:48 AM »
>Did we see 'ourselves' or have any other awareness of Ice's body that we could relate?

« Reply #726 on: February 13, 2015, 07:04:15 AM »
>Did we see 'ourselves' or have any other awareness of Ice's body that we could relate?

>You felt she had feathered wings and fair skin, but nothing beyond that.

« Reply #727 on: February 13, 2015, 07:06:32 AM »
>But humanoid and not an owl, at least, yes?

« Reply #728 on: February 13, 2015, 07:27:13 AM »
>But humanoid and not an owl, at least, yes?

>Correct.

« Reply #729 on: February 13, 2015, 07:31:01 AM »
>"I didn't get to see too much of her, as this was from her own perspective, but she was also humanoid - fair-skinned with feathery wings."

« Reply #730 on: February 13, 2015, 07:47:54 AM »
>"I didn't get to see too much of her, as this was from her own perspective, but she was also humanoid - fair-skinned with feathery wings."

>Your description makes Lily smile. "Like mine?" she asks, fluttering her own white wings.

« Reply #731 on: February 13, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
>Return her smile
>"Perhaps a little."

« Reply #732 on: February 13, 2015, 08:49:08 AM »
>Return her smile
>"Perhaps a little."

>This seems to please your blonde comrade.
>"Okay I gotta ask again, now that we got the time." Rin asks her. "Just how did you know we was in trouble? And how'd ya get here so fast?"
>"I flew." Lily says simply. "I fly everywhere if I can. Even when it's snowing, I like snow, feels nice on my wings and face." With all that had happened, you had almost neglected the fact that it is still snowing. "But how I knew, I actually don't know for sure. I was sitting in the hospital playing cat's cradle with this nice old lady who was there with her husband, when I got this real bad feeling that you two needed help. I tried to contact you, but when I didn't get an answer I knew it was serious. So I dashed outside, transformed and flew here as fast as I could."

« Reply #733 on: February 13, 2015, 08:52:10 AM »
>"I wonder if Kiku felt any similar sensation? For that matter, I wonder why you did, as convenient as that was - like, I wonder how it works or what is enough to set it off."

« Reply #734 on: February 13, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
>"I wonder if Kiku felt any similar sensation? For that matter, I wonder why you did, as convenient as that was - like, I wonder how it works or what is enough to set it off."

>"Uh huh, she did." Lily confirms. "I tried her after I tried you two and she said she knew something was wrong. And I think I know why. I think."

« Reply #735 on: February 13, 2015, 09:01:07 AM »
>"Oh? What's your theory?"

« Reply #736 on: February 13, 2015, 09:09:02 AM »
>"Oh? What's your theory?"

>With a big smile, Lily declares, "The power of love!"

« Reply #737 on: February 13, 2015, 09:21:47 AM »
>Have a small chuckle
>"And how much trouble do we need to be in before the power of love thinks it's worth mentioning, I wonder?"

« Reply #738 on: February 13, 2015, 09:35:39 AM »
>Have a small chuckle
>"And how much trouble do we need to be in before the power of love thinks it's worth mentioning, I wonder?"

>"Ya got me there."

« Reply #739 on: February 13, 2015, 09:41:27 AM »
>Smile
>"Fair enough."

>"Well, with things seemingly settled here for the time-being, I for one would not mind returning home and collapsing."

« Reply #740 on: February 13, 2015, 10:45:14 AM »
>Smile
>"Fair enough."

>"Well, with things seemingly settled here for the time-being, I for one would not mind returning home and collapsing."

>"Yeah, and I should probably be getting back to the hospital so Papa can tell me to go home." Lily says with a smile.
>Rin chuckles wryly. "That's what fathers do, right?"
>"'least mine does!" Lily replies with a perky smile, then hugs you again. "I'm real glad you're safe, B. And of course you too, Rose."

« Reply #741 on: February 13, 2015, 10:51:58 AM »
>"I'm glad we all are. And let's make sure we all stay that way, shall we?"

>Turn to Rin: "And let's go home."
>Leave the shrine, and at a safe and private enough distance away from the mess up here, let's shift back to our normal form and call a cab.

« Reply #742 on: February 16, 2015, 07:32:20 AM »
>"I'm glad we all are. And let's make sure we all stay that way, shall we?"

>Turn to Rin: "And let's go home."
>Leave the shrine, and at a safe and private enough distance away from the mess up here, let's shift back to our normal form and call a cab.

>Lily gives your kasha a quick hug, then takes to the air, leaving you and Rin to trudge down the steps towards the road. The mikos will have a mess to clean up with the grounds the next day, but thanks to your efforts, they'll all be there to do the work. Halfway down the stairs, you get confirmation that only a few birds are in the area, and then you and she return to your root modes. Once there, you place a call for transportation. The wait allots you time to examine the surroundings, to find that the battle and the damage that came with has been confined to the temple yard, and possibly the temple itself. A stroke of luck there.
>Your kasha companion seems a bit pensive now that the crisis is over, but when you ask her about she claims to prefer to wait until you're returned home to get into details, which you respect.
>Transport arrives a few minutes later, taking a bit longer to arrive than normal, which isn't a surprise considering you're a bit off the main grid. The cabbie for the evening is a bat-winged youkai with very pale skin and a sour face, who doesn't seem entirely interested in conversation beyond a perfunctory greeting. This results in a rather quiet trip back home, for which you are not ungrateful. Though the downtime makes you realize just how fatigued you are after a very, very demanding day. You are surprised to not find yourself more tired than you are. You're ready for several hours sleep of course, but nowhere near like what you were after your first transformation. Though you are privately grateful that there won't be school tomorrow. A little bit more downtime won't go astray.

>The winged cabbie disgorges you and your pet kasha at Moonside without much fare whatsoever, if you'll pardon the expression. As the sour faced youkai accelerates away, you note Patchouli, weirdly, standing out in the Moonside yard, holding a blue leather book with a glowing symbol on the cover. Reisen stands leaning against the building, a concerned expression on her face as she regards her master.

« Reply #743 on: February 16, 2015, 07:36:53 AM »
>Approach
>Can we get any sense of what's up?

« Reply #744 on: February 16, 2015, 08:06:31 AM »
>Approach
>Can we get any sense of what's up?

>Patchy is clearly trying to work some kind of magic, but you can't tell exactly what kind. Given the look of consternation on her face, it isn't going as well as she might like. It is she, though, who first notices your approach, and for just a moment, her expression is one of relief, before turning to regular surprise. "Byakuren, Rin." she greets you, rather warmly for her.

« Reply #745 on: February 16, 2015, 08:10:48 AM »
>Smile
>"Good evening."
>"What are you working on?"

« Reply #746 on: February 16, 2015, 08:31:36 AM »
>Smile
>"Good evening."
>"What are you working on?"

>"Divinations." she replies. "I thought I sensed something, some kind of disruption in the magical flow through the area. But I haven't been able to identify or locate it yet, nor could I tell what kind of disturbance it was. And now it seems to have vanished altogether." She sighs quietly and smiles. "I don't suppose either of you noticed anything out of the ordinary?"

« Reply #747 on: February 16, 2015, 08:36:44 AM »
>Try not to blanch
>"Certainly nothing in the neighborhood."

« Reply #748 on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:05 AM »
>Try not to blanch
>"Certainly nothing in the neighborhood."

>"Of course." she says with a slight nod. Then she looks at you, and you see a gleam of concern in her light eyes. "You are... okay. Right?"

« Reply #749 on: February 16, 2015, 08:57:11 AM »
>"Yes? Is... something else wrong?"