Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 11)  (Read 55566 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 11)
« Reply #300 on: June 05, 2014, 09:29:48 PM »
>She probably doesn't want to hear anything from us, but we still owe it to her.
>Float toward Sanae.

> You leave Patchouli behind and fly off towards Sanae, even though she probably doesn't want to have anything to do with you.  By the time you reach her, Yukari and Ran are looping around the side of the lake.  There are still a few people around here, but no one close enough to eavesdrop on you.
> When you approach Sanae, she floats away from you.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2014, 09:30:47 PM »
>"You did good."
>And with that, we'll leave her be unless she pushes further.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #302 on: June 05, 2014, 09:37:53 PM »
>"You did good."
>And with that, we'll leave her be unless she pushes further.

> Sanae looks over her shoulder at you and says, "Thanks...I guess."
> She then looks away and flies away along the lakeside.  At least she didn't run away while you were speaking to her.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #303 on: June 05, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »
>"Rest up, and go home when you're ready. You've done all you needed to do. We'll handle the rest."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #304 on: June 05, 2014, 09:44:16 PM »
>"Rest up, and go home when you're ready. You've done all you needed to do. We'll handle the rest."

> Sanae pauses again and nods.  "Okay."
> She then continues flying.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #305 on: June 05, 2014, 09:50:01 PM »
>"And thank you."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #306 on: June 05, 2014, 09:54:53 PM »
>"And thank you."

> Sanae keeps flying, but looks back one last time, so she had to have heard you.  She's out of earshot now.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2014, 10:00:29 PM »
>Does she seem to be going anywhere?
>Return to Patchouli once this is ascertained.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2014, 10:03:03 PM »
>Does she seem to be going anywhere?
>Return to Patchouli once this is ascertained.

> No.  At least, she's not leaving the lake area.
> You return to Patchouli, who has not moved from her spot.
> "For a moment, I thought you were going to go after Yukari," says Patchouli with a slight cough.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #309 on: June 06, 2014, 06:21:24 AM »
>"Naw. Sanae is more important. She's had an awful couple of days, too."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #310 on: June 06, 2014, 11:52:32 AM »
>"Naw. Sanae is more important. She's had an awful couple of days, too."

> "I can't imagine why," says Patchouli.
> Yukari and Ran are reaching the other side of the lake.  If they keep walking, they'll have been going in circles.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #311 on: June 06, 2014, 12:07:08 PM »
>"Not my place to say."
>Continue to observe the Yakumos.
>"Looks like they're having fun, though."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #312 on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:23 PM »
>"Not my place to say."
>Continue to observe the Yakumos.
>"Looks like they're having fun, though."

> You don't think you could just tell other people about how Sanae is feeling, after everything that's happened.
> You keep watching.  They've made one lap around the lake, before diverging and walking back towards the gate.
> "Oh.  It seems they are returning," says Patchouli.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #313 on: June 06, 2014, 03:01:03 PM »
>Wait for either of them to return, and brace self.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #314 on: June 06, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »
>Wait for either of them to return, and brace self.

> Yukari and Ran approach, but at the last moment, Yukari splits off and walks over to where everyone else is.
> Ran approaches, and you brace yourself.  She nods to Patchouli, and then says,
> "We will be starting the process, if you wouldn't mind gathering everyone around."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #315 on: June 06, 2014, 03:19:43 PM »
>"Already?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #316 on: June 06, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »
>"Already?"

> "We might as well let everyone know what's going to happen," says Ran.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #317 on: June 06, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »
>"Well, that's a little different than starting it."
>Clap our hands together loudly, and call out "Everyone! Gather around!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #318 on: June 06, 2014, 04:23:02 PM »
>"Well, that's a little different than starting it."
>Clap our hands together loudly, and call out "Everyone! Gather around!"

> You clap your hands and bring attention to yourself by shouting to everyone. 
> One by one, people start gathering by the gates.  Many take a seat on the grass, others stand or lean against trees around the edge of the crowd.  A dull murmur passes over the crowd as they settle in.  A lot more people than you expected have shown up, and the looks Ran and Yukari are giving you indicate that they expect you to address them first.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #319 on: June 06, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »
>Does that include Sanae?
>"Okay, first thing I want to do is to thank everyone for coming out here to do this. It feels me with joy to see so many people come together to save our land. In particular, I want to thank Patchouli and Alice for their initial work, Koakuma for helping me to find the resources to get this started, and Remilia for graciously hosting us all."
>Might as well puff the vampire up a bit, perhaps it'll get her to go the extra mile with hospitality.
>"We're getting to the final stages of planning. Yukari and Ran are going to run us through it all. I want you all paying close attention, if there is a flaw in it now is the time to speak up."
>Try to subtly catch Eirin and Byakuren's eyes while speaking at this point.
>"After that, we'll start to divvy out who fulfills what role, and figure out precisely when we shall do this thing. I don't want anyone running off, even if it seems like you have nothing to do. At the worst, we might need you for a replacement. Now, let's get to the meat of this."
>Look to Ran.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #320 on: June 06, 2014, 05:24:53 PM »
>Does that include Sanae?
>"Okay, first thing I want to do is to thank everyone for coming out here to do this. It feels me with joy to see so many people come together to save our land. In particular, I want to thank Patchouli and Alice for their initial work, Koakuma for helping me to find the resources to get this started, and Remilia for graciously hosting us all."
>Might as well puff the vampire up a bit, perhaps it'll get her to go the extra mile with hospitality.
>"We're getting to the final stages of planning. Yukari and Ran are going to run us through it all. I want you all paying close attention, if there is a flaw in it now is the time to speak up."
>Try to subtly catch Eirin and Byakuren's eyes while speaking at this point.
>"After that, we'll start to divvy out who fulfills what role, and figure out precisely when we shall do this thing. I don't want anyone running off, even if it seems like you have nothing to do. At the worst, we might need you for a replacement. Now, let's get to the meat of this."
>Look to Ran.

> She is present, but you get the feeling she won't be here for long.
> Once everyone has gathered, you begin explaining the plan.  You make sure to thank the magicians and Koakuma, and make sure to flatter Remilia.  Said vampire practically beams with pride from underneath her parasol.  You give some overview, but before handing the show over to Yukari and Ran, you make sure to find and make eye contact with Eirin and Byakuren.  Hopefully someone will have questions.  You also ask for everyone to stay here.
> After a lackluster applause--mainly from some nearby faeries who have nothing to do with this--Ran nods.  She turns and whispers something to Yukari, who steps up and begins to speak.
> "As you all know, the Boundary is in a state of deterioration that unfortunately cannot be fixed by conventional means, so we are going to recast the spell that created it in the first place.  I'm sure you were told something along these lines when you were recruited here, but not in detail.  Ideally, we should be able to create a Boundary that will replace the current one or be absorbed into it, the latter being more likely.  With our current numbers, the spell should take two or three days to complete.  We have about five or seven days until the damage to the Boundary becomes irreversible, which is why I need everyone to set aside their differences and cooperate each other.  Therefore, I want no fighting--not even any spellcard duels--until this is over."
> Yukari continues, "The basics of the spell are as follows: we are going to set up four barriers, one in each cardinal direction.  At the convergent point will be the blood contract, which I will explain in further detail to those involved.  Ran shall now explain the mechanics of the spell."
> "Thank you, Lady Yukari," says Ran.  "Right now, we have four categories of ingredients here--"
> She gestures to the piles of things you and the others gathered.
> "--which will be used in each barrier.  We are also going to have a ribbon leading from each barrier to the blood contract, which is in the center.  For those of you who don't know what ribbons are in the context of spellcasting, it is a trail of magical energy that leads from one point to another, useful for connecting spells you want to activate at the same time, among other things.  Those are sub-spells.  As for who will work on which spell, the elements in each barrier correspond to each cardinal direction, so north is water, south is fire, east is wood, west is metal, and center is earth.  If you have a preference towards any of these elements it would be advised to volunteer for that, otherwise we may have to put you somewhere else if another section is lacking.  After we've sorted out the groups, we'll begin a writeup of what everyone needs to do."
> Byakuren raises her hand.
> "Yes, Miss Hijiri?" Ran says.
> "Forgive me, but this sounds dangerous," Byakuren says.
> "I won't lie--it is, but we will be doing our best to modify the spell so that no one is harmed," says Ran as concerned whispers run through the crowd.
> "What's the success rate?" Eirin asks, raising her hand.  It seems like they noticed you giving them looks after all.
> "About 75%," says Ran.  You hear more than one person in the crowd say "Oh, no".
> Suika, instead of raising her hand, grows a few meters in height.  Everyone around her steps out of the way.
> "Yes, Suika?" Ran asks.
> "Who's going to be in the blood contract?"
> "That is something we are still working on," Ran answers.  You can tell that question was really testing her: you notice the tips of her hat droop slightly.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #321 on: June 06, 2014, 05:31:30 PM »
>"I'll be taking care of any contracts that need to be signed. Blood or otherwise."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #322 on: June 06, 2014, 05:40:31 PM »
>"I'll be taking care of any contracts that need to be signed. Blood or otherwise."

> There is some confused murmuring.
> "Are you sure?  Eh, ok, ok,"  Suika returns her attention to someone in the crowd and shrinks down to normal size.
> "What about those of us who aren't magicians?" Mamizou hollers from the other side of the crowd.
> "If we didn't need you, we wouldn't have called you," says Ran.  "Everyone here will have a part to play even if they have not had any formal training."
> "What happens if this fails?" Seiga asks.  Miko lightly smacks her on the back of the head, and you hear her say "Don't be so morbid!"
> "If we fail, then the Boundary will fall and Gensokyo will be exposed to the Outside World.  The fallout from the Boundary would be catastrophic by itself," explains Ran.  You hear a few frightened gasps.
> "When's all this water going to be gone?" asks Aya.
> "Hopefully by tomorrow," says Ran.  "Does anyone else have any other questions?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #323 on: June 06, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »
>"Do we have enough people, or should I try to fetch some more? Or more to the point, is there anyone who could fill a spot nicely that is missing?"
>Did Iku or any other celestial types ever show up? Or anyone from Higan?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #324 on: June 06, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
>"Do we have enough people, or should I try to fetch some more? Or more to the point, is there anyone who could fill a spot nicely that is missing?"
>Did Iku or any other celestial types ever show up? Or anyone from Higan?

> "At the moment, we should be fine," says Ran.
> No and no.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #325 on: June 06, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
>"Would more people be helpful in general, at least? I want to spread out the load as lightly as possible."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #326 on: June 06, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »
>"Would more people be helpful in general, at least? I want to spread out the load as lightly as possible."

> "It wouldn't hurt our situation," says Ran.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #327 on: June 06, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »
>"I'll see about dragging in a few more people."
>If no one else seems to have any questions, says, "Looks like we're ready to get down to finer details."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #328 on: June 06, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »
>"I'll see about dragging in a few more people."
>If no one else seems to have any questions, says, "Looks like we're ready to get down to finer details."

> "Very well," says Ran.
> No one seems to have any other questions.
> "Then shall we start sorting everyone?" suggests Yukari.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #329 on: June 06, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
>"Yeah, and laying out the exact plan."