Author Topic: SILVERQUEST  (Read 106059 times)

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
Re: SILVERQUEST
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
> Get 3 sacred treasures.

> Quickly retrieve arms from wall

:3

Nash Fais

• The brightest light, cast the longest shadow.
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2014, 06:14:14 AM »
>Check drawers
Question is...Which ones? (shot)

Uhh.. good point...

:wat: check all??  :V

Pwuaahh, where am I?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2014, 10:58:11 AM »
> Consume the history of that stupid "Retrieve arms from safe" joke.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2014, 10:05:59 PM »
stuffmen :<

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2014, 11:05:56 AM »
edibluh stop letting up our hopes urghhhhhh
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

achicken

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »
Dammit Keine accidentally ate Stuffman. Get her to spit him out. >_<'

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2014, 01:03:20 AM »
> Is the PROJECTOR priced according to Outside Yen or Gensokyo Yen?  Is there a difference?

> Examine sukusuku.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2014, 03:18:16 AM »
I was referring to this post. That's why I assumed that the cast (or Ichirin, at the very least) had played through this quest before.

No, the joke was that romantic relationships are treated with the mechanics of a date sim, and thus past relationships were considered "completed routes". Ichirin got the "neutral end" with Murasa because they broke up but stayed friends.

Anyway, sorry for dragging my feet, everyone, I got distracted. Here we go!

> Keine: Wear glasses.

Sure.

> Keine: Examine clock.

Nothing to see here. It's just an ordinary clock displaying the correct time. What? No, there's no art error in the previous frame. It's just your imagination!

> Keine: Examine hat.

Oh, your hat? This little thing? Which happens to be a...LEGENDARY RARE!? It's called the SAGE'S RAGE, and you picked it up from a raid boss a while before you arrived in Gensokyo. It boosts your combat stats based on your formal academia skill levels, and improves the speed at which you learn from books. It is absolutely perfect for your build.

Of course, its appearance is...questionable. You think it's supposed to be a cross between a mortarboard and a pagoda. But you can't NOT wear such an amazing piece of equipment, so you wound up having your whole outfit designed around it. Eventually, people got used to it.

It's a shame that your hakutaku form grows horns that prevent you from equipping hats, though.

> Keine: Get apple.

This is a DECORATIVE CERAMIC APPLE. You cannot eat it! It makes your desk look distinctly teacherish. You leave it where it is.

> Keine: Examine Miko Signal.

This thing is a total lemon. It only SORT OF works on really cloudy nights, but not if it's raining or foggy or anything. During your testing, Reimu said she was never able to see it from the shrine.

It was a complete waste of money. You'll think twice before commissioning anything from the kappa again.

> Keine: Examine Sukusuku Hakutaku.

This plushie was a gift from the village toymaker, although she did wind up making a bunch more of them since they caught on quickly with the children. These dolls are singlehandedly responsible for shifting the village's opinion of your hakutaku form, since they now find it rather endearing.

You secretly sort of wish this was what your hakutaku form actually looked like.

> Keine: Examine yukata.

This is a fairly ordinary red yukata which you have patched up with fireproof seals, in order to give to your friend MOKOU NO FUJIWARA.

Without getting into TOO MUCH DETAIL, Mokou has been immortal for a very long time and has long since stopped caring about frivolous details such as meeting her basic survival needs. In the winter, she freezes to death most nights because she doesn't feel like setting a fire. In summer, she often dies of dehydration because she doesn't feel like going for a drink of water. None of it ever matters because she gets up again, good as new, a few minutes later.

You find this all rather tragic, so you try to nudge her into doing more "pointless" things. If anyone could stand to have a little more vanity, it's her, so you're going to try to get her to wear a yukata to the next shrine festival. She'll probably do it once out of guilt, which is good enough.

As a side note, equipping this would render you IMMUNE TO FIRE, which would be incredibly useful if it wasn't too small for you.

> Keine: Examine map.

It's an incomplete map of Gensokyo. PATCHOULI KNOWLEDGE and RAN YAKUMO are currently in a race to complete the first comprehensive one. It's no simple matter, since many parts of Gensokyo can move and change shape. Thorough documentation is a must.

This map is using the Yakumo Projection, which is currently considered to be more precise. The main advantage of the Knowledge Projection is that it includes several explored parts of the underground, which has become much more relevant in recent years.

> Keine: Examine photos.

This is a picture from HIEDA NO AKYUU'S first birthday party. AKYUU is the ninth of the CHILDREN OF MIARE, who inherit the memories of their previous life, but at the cost of terrible health. Many of their reincarnations are false starts, dying within a few weeks of being born. If they survive a full year, that seems to be the tipping point for a good prognosis, so it's a cause for great celebration.

Akyuu came at just the right time, too. Her mother confided in you that if she lost another baby she was going to lose her mind.

This one is from when you and a few friends helped RINNOSUKE MORICHIKA build his shop out near the Forest of Magic. Rinnosuke is a half-youkai that showed up in Gensokyo about 30 years ago; he ended up being taken in by MR. KIRISAME and working in his shop. Eventually, he decided to strike out on his own, outside the village, to do business with other youkai.

Because Rinnosuke is a half-youkai like you, you always considered him under your personal protection, but in truth he never really needed it. Regardless of whatever kind of youkai he's supposed to be, his failings were always strictly human ones.

Anyway, once he started Kourindou, you made a habit of sending him a letter every few months just to see how he was doing. Since you were used to sending mail back and forth, he asked if he could send junk deliveries to your address to test prospective couriers. As a result, you now have a growing pile of cheap wineglasses in your house. You should probably get them sent back at some point - the ones that weren't broken by clumsy fairies, anyway.

Here's a good picture of you and EIRIN YAGOKORO having a small conversation at a town festival a couple years ago. It was taken on a whim by AYA SHAMEIMARU, who was covering the event. You don't know Dr. Yagokoro very well, but she's one of the most intelligent people you've ever met, and pleasant enough to talk to (if you're not trying to start shit with her, or vice versa). You're not sure what to make of her. She seems...tired.

Lastly, here's an old photo of you and the previous HAKUREI MAIDEN. Frankly, that woman terrified you. She was so hardcore she didn't even use her first name - only HAKUREI. She was the fist of her shrine and that was all that mattered, at least as she told it.

She disappeared about 15 years ago, which was right about when Reimu began her training. YOUKI KONPAKU disappeared around the same time, which is interesting because they hated each other; the popular theory is that they both died in a duel. There's no evidence of what may have happened, though.

> Keine: Examine diplomas.

These are your diplomas from the Imperial University (which is now called the University of Tokyo, if you remember correctly), class of 1891. They were pretty easy for you to get, just time-consuming, since you had to go live in the outside world for a few years to get them.

I'm not going to draw the degrees or say what subjects they're in because I didn't even finish high school and I have no idea what kind of degrees Keine would have. Sorry!

> Keine: Examine Three Sacred Treasures.

There aren't the real deal, just replicas. Not cheap replicas, though; they're actually quite well-made and expensive, although only the sword actually does anything.

This is the sword you used way back when you were a human, serving as one of the emperor's personal bodyguards. Each of you carried a sword modeled after the Kusanagi. It's just a +2 longsword - nothing impressive by today's standards - but this sword is literally older than you are. It's also what you used to kill the last hakutaku. Again, LONG STORY.

Maintaining it over centuries has been pretty expensive, but it works just as well as it did back then. You never had the heart to mulch your SWORDTECH SKILL TREE, since you spent most of your human life working on it. So, you could still wield the sword if you really wanted to. Your stats aren't even remotely specced for it anymore, though, so it's smarter to just use danmaku.

The mirror and the magatama are just fancy antiques you bought a long time ago to complete the set.

> Keine: Examine conspicuous book.

Thinking about your sword reminds you that you have this old SWORDSMAN TRAINING MANUAL. You already know most of the techniques in it, but it would be useful for someone who wanted to learn traditional swordsmanship.

> Keine: Consider going out.

No point sitting around the house. You wonder what you should do today.

> _
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:57:21 AM by Stuffman »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2014, 03:46:23 AM »
>Current progress on Rinnosuke route?
>Skill thicket
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2014, 03:49:25 AM »
> Are we perchance waiting for a package?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2014, 03:53:18 AM »
Hit the arcade for some KoF 98.

Check out the market stalls today.  See what's up.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2014, 06:25:58 AM »
No, the joke was that romantic relationships are treated with the mechanics of a date sim, and thus past relationships were considered "completed routes". Ichirin got the "neutral end" with Murasa because they broke up but stayed friends.

Anyway, sorry for dragging my feet, everyone, I got distracted.
Understandable, I'm prone to it myself. Thanks for clearing up that detail, too! :)

> Not sure what to suggest...But before we go to the market, we should at least see how much spending money we have first.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2014, 08:21:50 AM »
>Check inventory and equipment. Check wallet too.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »
>Contemplate radical cosmetic surgery to make your hakutaku form better resemble the beloved Sukusuku.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

achicken

« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:12 AM »
> Meet the courier

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »
> Deliver LONG STORY mentioned before.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »
> Deliver LONG STORY mentioned before.

You don't want to do that. Last time we had a LONG STORY there was two months of inactivity and untold bloodshed. Good tunes though!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »
> Keine: Examine inventory, stats, all that good stuff.

First of all, you make sure your BACKUP CANDY is safely secured in your hat. You confirm the contents to be two MINI CHARLESTON CHEWS. You find the softness of the candies and the mellow vanilla flavor relaxing.

You've got most of your bases covered in terms of stats, with above-average offense and defense, though your speed leaves something to be desired.

The bulk of your inventory consists of empty scrolls and outdated and inaccurate textbooks, as some of your skills require you to expend literary materials. You've also got some basic convenience and safety items.

The EZ-SEAL is a one-use ofuda that anyone can use, and it will paralyze any youkai whose forehead you stick it on. Probably. You have it just in case you have an urgent need to detain a dangerous youkai when conventional methods won't work.

Your PADDLE is used to enforce discipline among the children. Fortunately, you don't have to use it often, but some transgressions must be dealt with in a strict manner. Cheating on a test? That's a paddlin'. Bullying the fairies? That's a paddlin'. Flipping the girls' skirts? That's a paddlin'. Paddling the school canoe? You better believe that's a paddlin'.

POINT TAKEN, your current weapon of choice, is just a masterwork teacher's pointer, which gives you a bonus to your scholarly skills. You don't actually hit people with it. You've got the ol' headbutt for that.

> Examine Skill Thicket.

Your SKILL THICKET is bustling with activity. You've got a lot going on here.

You have multiple RACE STONES, which promotes XP MOSS GROWTH but limits room for new SKILL SAPLINGS. (This was a balance change a few patches back that removed complicated penalties for multiple races; now you gain the full bonuses of each race stone but you can't abuse it by planting a sapling for everything you have proficiency in.)

SCHOLARTECH is your main SKILL TREE. Aside from hitting things with books really hard, it mostly deals in outperforming the enemy by rapidly gathering information, such as enemy weaknesses, methods for countering their skills, terrain advantages to be leveraged, and so on. In the upper branches you even gain the ability to alter information metaphysically, which is similar to magic but more like vague anime bullshit. It's all very complicated.

You have also managed to unlock a PRESTIGE OWL for your SCHOLARTECH tree, which give you limited access to some skills only PRESTIGE CLASSES are normally able to get. Neat!

BEASTTECH is a more straightforward set of combat skills, drawing from the proficiencies you gain from your Hakutaku race stone. BEASTTECH deals in fighting like an animal, using claws, horns, body slams, or whatever nature gave you. You have invested heavily in your CRANIUM DEFENSE RATING, giving you a pretty powerful headbutt. A lot of your physical strength comes from this tree.

Your ARITHMETECH tree has been a source of great frustration. While the CALCULATOR skill set is rumored to be extremely powerful (as evidenced by Gensokyo's resident practitioner, Ran Yakumo) and has great synergy with SCHOLARTECH, it seems that ARITHMETECH is only meant for true mathematical geniuses, because you just can't seem to get this thing to grow properly. You recently had to mulch the whole tree and start over, ripping up a big chunk of your XP MOSS. ARITHMETECH branches have very complicated prerequisites and it's easy to lock yourself out of any further progress, so it seems it'll be a while before you make any progress here.

Finally, you have your aforementioned SWORDTECH tree, which you keep around for posterity. Too bad it's not really viable for you anymore. You were getting close to unlocking QUADRA SLAM, too.

> Keine: Consider relationship status.

For some strange reason, shortly after you moved to Gensokyo you lost interest in men, which kind of throws a wrench into the whole "having a child" thing. You'll probably have to continue the Hakutaku line some other way.

Not that your love life with women is much better. You just can't find time for it, and you feel like you're too uptight to really open up to someone anyway.

You take a quick look at your RELATIONSHIP CHART.

(It was confirmed a while back that MARISA KIRISAME has a route with every single person in Gensokyo. You pay it no mind.)

Your selection leaves something to be desired, as the only person you have any significant number of AFFECTION POINTS with is tangled up as one of your most important friendships. You don't even know who the bottom two people on the list are!!

The only recent development is your friendship with ICHIRIN KUMOI, who you became acquainted with during the INCIDENT THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED. But her involvement with the Myouren Temple pretty much prevents that from going anywhere.

This is just getting you more depressed. You feel the urge to get outside and do something on your day off.

> Keine: Wait for delivery?

Not necessary. You can leave a note at the door in case she drops it off while you're out, or have your neighbor sign for it.

You grab your coin purse, containing ?30000 (you have plenty more, but there's no need to carry it all with you), and leave the house.

> Keine: Head to the market.

You pin up a note near your doorstep on your way out, and head out to the road. Maybe you'll get some brunch or something. It's still early enough to get breakfast, but you're told that brunch is what's "in" right now.

You greet a few familiar faces on the way there.

Good morning, Mr. Kirisame. You're out and about early today.

Good morning, Kogasa. The children have been asking about you.

Oh, hello, Logan. I didn't know you were back in town.

You arrive at the market. It's not very busy since it's still early in the morning, but since everyone here at this hour is an early riser, the place feels lively. Aside from the day-to-day goods in the stalls, there's also a wide variety of restaurants, clothing stores, and other kinds of shops. This is pretty much THE place to go shopping in Gensokyo, so there's plenty to do here.

Off in the distance is an uncommon sight. You're pretty sure that's Unzan, and Ichirin in plain clothes. She must have the day off too. Will you approach her?

> _
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:37:23 PM by Stuffman »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2014, 06:56:44 PM »
Clock's ticking.

EDIT:

> Yes, approach.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:01:07 PM by Kilgamayan »

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2014, 07:13:55 PM »
Sure why not chat with Ichrin.  She used to be a nice young girl, and is now a nice young(?) youkai.

Also I was gonna claim Logan shouldn't be here because there's no way he's forgotten, but then given he manages to wind up in every OTHER comic in existence...

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2014, 07:22:07 PM »
(4chan mode)

>limits room for more saplings
>most trees we've seen to date
Hmm.

>no interest in men
>person I most ship with Rinnosuke
Sigh

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2014, 07:27:09 PM »
>Oh my god, Unzan is silver.

>Ichirin has a place on our relationship chart, so it stands to reason we should attempt a friendly conversation.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »
> How do we know Meira so badly?

> How did we manage to have a positive relation with Ichirin and a negative with Byakuren?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2014, 10:45:05 PM »
Let's go say hello. :3
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2014, 02:12:02 AM »
>Ponder if we could fit Ichirin's cowboy hat over our own. Or under it.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2014, 12:23:54 AM »
Hahaha... Wolverine in Gensokyo... Good one, Stuffman!

>Converse with Ichirin.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2014, 03:10:20 AM »
I'm too sleepy to come up with a command, but I want to say that "Arithmetech" is the best pun since "skill thicket."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2014, 03:25:14 AM »
Don't forget Schoolmarmor.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2014, 12:54:35 AM »
>Wait, parts of Gensokyo can move? HOW?!?