Author Topic: Smash 4 Hype Thread - 3DS is out; WiiU hype train FULL STEAM AHEAD  (Read 121182 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Smash 4 Hype Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »
Funen, the limited use thing for Robin's tome is actually more likely a reference to something you wouldn't know if you're unfamiliar with FE.  In that game series, all weapons(including magic tomes) have durability, with a VERY small list of exceptions.  When that hits zero, the item's lost forever.  So basically Robin's using up the durability on their tomes and then tossing their useless husks away.  They probably won't make Robin's sword(s) limited though simply so they always have a moveset to run with.  I'm guessing they'll use each tome for different moves, both A and B, and switch to a sword move for those tomes they've exhausted.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

As for other characters, I'm personally awaiting Ness' return (he was one of my alts in Brawl), and Lucas would be all right to see back as well. I've seen a few people discuss making Porky Minch into a playable character (they usually describe a smaller modification of his Brawl appearance), and I'm open to the idea of more playable villains if anything. Surprisingly, I'm not that interested in Jiggs, even though she's also one of the original 12 and will probably be back anyway. I feel like it's a bit early for a Splatoon character though, and the Rayman trophy this morning, as cool as it was, still raises a lot of questions.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2014, 06:46:46 PM »
Oh I guess there are still plenty of characters from new existing series like Skyward Sword's Ghirahim

Yes, please Ghirahim. I really liked him(/it?) in Skyward Sword.
And there needs to be a Tomodachi Life stage. :V

Seeing how they revealed veteran characters on the side while showing newcomers and given that there are still quite some veterans left to show up there's probably still much room for more people to join in on the roster.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ytrX0wweA

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
Before this, I was not hype.

Now I am HYPE AS HELL GET IN

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2014, 06:52:18 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9ZxmcUYWs

the Japanese voices sure sound familiar

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2014, 06:53:51 PM »
Given that Robin specifically calls for Chrom during the FS, I think it's safe to say he's probably just a Final Smash accessory at this point.

Final Smash is clearly a reference to Assists and/or Pair Up.

I didn't expect this outcome for FE: Awakening. Also didn't expect 4 reps. But I guess with it's MASSIVE success...

Also I don't like how they basically kicked everyone who wanted Chrom between the legs in the end. 'Yeah he's in the final smash. And he he's been beaten up by Falon. And he even says he might get his chance next time'.

Speaking of; they made Falon awesome. He beat Chrom. He was beating Lucinda; and he didn't seem hurt by Robin [Although he had to cancel his Falon Punch].

I'm a little dissapointed they didn't reveal him alongside Little Mac instead actually. You know... two fistfighters...

So updated character count

Now there are 11 newcomers and 25 vets, for a total of 36 characters so far. Brawl had 37 in comparison (39 if you count Pokemon Trainer as 3)

There are now 14 unconfirmed veterans: Wario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Metaknight, Lucas, Ness, Ice Climbers, Falco, R.O.B., Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Wolf, and Snake

If they all made it back then there would be a nice round 50 characters in Smash 4 (although Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake are looking unlikely)

There's also Mewtwo, sakurai pls

Technically Squirtle; Ivysaur and Charizard are newcomers. Pokemon Trainer is the Vet.

I don't see Earthbound reps or the Climbers getting dropped. R.O.B might go; as with Jigglypuff. No way Ganon isn't in it. I'd hope for the Fox clones to be got rid of, or at least Wolf; and of course either Meta Knight to be gone or heavily nerfed.

Wario... he represents WarioWare as well as Mario. He's almost certainly staying.

Game and Watch could go either way. I get the feeling he might be gone.

Snake is probobly gone. I don't think Nintendo is working with the MGS team anymore. Might be wrong. Inb4 replaced with Raiden
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:56:18 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »
It's funny, I just started playing FE:A again and I come onto the net to see this. I say it's about time! :D I look forward to playing as these guys.

You know whom I'd like to see in this game? Raquna, Simon and Arthur from Etrian Odyssey Untold. They could be a "trio" character like the Pokemon Trainer and his mons, and each would have their own different abilities. Dunno how they'd handle character switching, but still. EO is pretty much a Nintendo classic at this point, so I'd personally like to see some EO characters make an appearance.

« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2014, 07:00:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that there will be 0 character switching this time

oh shit I think Robin is voiced by Yuki Kaiji (Eren from Attack on Titan :V)

Female Robin sound so fucking familiar but I cant seem to remember who it is
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:06:04 PM by Captain Suikama »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2014, 07:06:40 PM »
Game and Watch could go either way. I get the feeling he might be gone.
Wasn't he confirmed on the Pacman reveal? :V

« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »
Also how hard can it be to model Game and watch like :V

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2014, 07:10:55 PM »
holy crap.  game.  when do you come out?

« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2014, 07:12:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that there will be 0 character switching this time

oh shit I think Robin is voiced by Yuki Kaiji (Eren from Attack on Titan :V)

Female Robin sound so fucking familiar but I cant seem to remember who it is
Oh shit it was Miyuki Sawashiro now I remember

Okay I guess that means all the voice actors are from the original games so I'm wrong on Yuki :V

It really does sound like him though and Robin had multiple VAs anyways
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:14:42 PM by Captain Suikama »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2014, 07:21:46 PM »
holy crap.  game.  when do you come out?
October for the 3DS, Holiday Season for the Wii U

« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »
Also September 13th for the Japanese 3DS version so we'll know all the characters then

« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2014, 08:12:32 PM »
On another note, from e3 footage it seems that some old chars got new final smashes while others didn't

New ones are Kirby's Ultra Sword, Pit's 3 sacred treasures, Luigi's Poltergust 5000, Mega Lucario, Mega Charizard X, and Zero Suit's Gunship

Pretty much everyone else has their old final smash (except Peach, Ike and Diddy Kong who I didn't see).
The most disappointing ones are:
Toon Link (Triforce slash AGAIN?? Really?? Like no King of Red Lions or Weather power anything remotely wind waker???)
Sheik (Separated from Zelda but STILL uses Light Arrow :/ Meanwhile ZSS gets a brand new final smash)
Yoshi (I was hoping for Giant Egg, you know, like the one he uses in his latest game >_> but nope still a dragon for no reason)
and to a certain Extent Donkey Kong's, because it still sucks but at least they added a rhythm game bar which is cool :V

Also I have a feeling Lucina's Final Smash is just going to be Critical hit just like Marth... except just with added FE:A cutin graphics

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2014, 08:22:36 PM »
Shit that is a whole lot of Fire Emblem this time around
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2014, 08:24:12 PM »
I am very excited to see Lucina in the game. I've always had a penchant for women wielding swords, and am happy to see the newest Smash will scratch that itch. :3 Can't wait to cut people up with her~

Also I wonder if any trolls have said that Ness in unconfirmed because Robin's magic attacks are somewhat similar. :V
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

JT

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
he's been beaten up by Falon

they made Falon awesome

Falon Punch

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2014, 10:40:08 PM »
Okay... I just saw all of the stuff now, and this was my reaction:

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2014, 10:48:48 PM »
Robin intrigues me the most. Really curious about how s/he plays with having to swap out tomes and swords.

(Veteran wise, I'm really hoping Game & Watch comes back.)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2014, 03:25:36 AM »
gonna put bets on it being his/her down B. Charging for better spells when it isn't empty and cycling to the next one when it is.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2014, 04:48:39 AM »
Nice to see Falcon back but I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want the Puffster back too.

(and I should get started on FE: Awakening at some point)

Drake

« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2014, 04:55:26 AM »
jiggs where

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2014, 05:46:50 AM »
oh my fucking god LUCINA :* :* :*

Shit I was off the hype train to the point of not caring but oh my god I think I may be chasing it again god damn it

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2014, 06:19:24 AM »
Omg Fire Emblem represent

And Falcon Interrupt! Where does all that climaxing of manliness discharge off to anyways? I half-expected all characters in the immediate vicinity to spontaneously spout facial hair or something.

Please oh please let Ray01 be a character
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

JT

« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2014, 06:23:52 AM »
Please oh please let Ray01 be a character
I wouldn't bet on that happening. Would be fucking awesome, though.

« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth.
Yep thought so

RIP Roy forever

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2014, 03:06:53 PM »
Yep thought so

RIP Roy forever

Oh yay Lucinda is a Marth clone.

As if we needed more clones.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »
clones confirmed for smash

it is kinda nice though to have a marth that doesnt have to rely on tippers all the time

also Lucina being Marth is sorta canon anyways so :V

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2014, 04:03:38 PM »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »
So she's basically Marth but better? I see no problems here.