Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread: Part 2  (Read 200083 times)

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Part 2
« Reply #930 on: September 21, 2009, 01:42:22 PM »
I love EoSD, it's maybe my second favourite touhou game.

But stage 4 and Sakuya are really turn downs.

I feel like it's been forever since i've first reached Remilia, and still haven't been able to get there with enough lives to kill her.

Always a stupid death on Meiling, always many stupid deaths on stage 4, or I decide to be cautious and bomb too much... Patchouli is hell..

Stage 5 is fine but Sakuya... god damnit, I can't capture a single card.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Bananamatic

« Reply #931 on: September 21, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »
Sakuya is f-ing weird.
One time I clip her nonspells all the time on Hard, then I "capture" them all in one run on Lunatic....

And wtf is up with Misdirection? It's fucking impossible. The normal version, that is.
IT THROWS SOLID WALLS.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #932 on: September 21, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »
Sakuya is f-ing weird.
One time I clip her nonspells all the time on Hard, then I "capture" them all in one run on Lunatic....

And wtf is up with Misdirection? It's fucking impossible. The normal version, that is.
IT THROWS SOLID WALLS.

Try it starting from one side of the screen and slowly tapping your way to the other side. See what happens. :V

Also Meister, fail, rage, etc.

EDIT: Is it just me, or is the first wave usually the hardest one? Remilia usually seems to have moved nearer the top of the screen around the second/third waves.

EDIT2: 150 attempts...

EDIT3: Off topic but I just realised that with the retexture patch the title in the main menu reads 'Emboidment of Scarlet Devil'. :V
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:50:29 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #933 on: September 21, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »
I love EoSD, it's maybe my second favourite touhou game.

But stage 4 and Sakuya are really turn downs.

I feel like it's been forever since i've first reached Remilia, and still haven't been able to get there with enough lives to kill her.

Always a stupid death on Meiling, always many stupid deaths on stage 4, or I decide to be cautious and bomb too much... Patchouli is hell..

Stage 5 is fine but Sakuya... god damnit, I can't capture a single card.

Sakuya's first 2 cards are "Learn the trick" cards.

honestly, her nonspell cards might be the hardest part about her (besides killing doll)

First one, don't stick to the bottom, start a little higher when you hear the shoot sound quickly move down to the bottom of the screen, then just tap and avoid the big bubbles

Second one move to the top left or right immediately after she shoots the fire, and then when time resumes move to the bottom middle .

Bananamatic

« Reply #934 on: September 21, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »
Clipped Yorimasa Genzanmi 2 times before I've even reached the final phase.
Not to mention that my dog made me die with 2 bombs on the bubble nonspell.

Lopsidation

• Exploring the Twin Labyrinths
  • Be light of heart;
« Reply #935 on: September 21, 2009, 10:06:36 PM »
I'm on Yuyuko, about to get that MarisaB 1cc I've been working on for a while. I'm on her second-to-last spell with 0 lives, 2 bombs.

Yuyuko's fan is up, so Marisa's Nondirectional Laser spell will take down practically all of Yuyuko's lifebar if I stand on top of her the whole time. That would leave me at Ressurection Butterfly with 1 bomb left- and I know I can capture Ressurection Butterfly.

I charge toward Yuyuko and press X.

Cherry hits 50,000. X cancels the border.

So the bomb doesn't activate.

I slam into Yuyuko. Game over.

NOOOOOOOOO I WAS KILLED BY A BORDER HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."

Bananamatic

« Reply #936 on: September 21, 2009, 10:09:33 PM »
I'm on Yuyuko, about to get that MarisaB 1cc I've been working on for a while. I'm on her second-to-last spell with 0 lives, 2 bombs.

Yuyuko's fan is up, so Marisa's Nondirectional Laser spell will take down practically all of Yuyuko's lifebar if I stand on top of her the whole time. That would leave me at Ressurection Butterfly with 1 bomb left- and I know I can capture Ressurection Butterfly.

I charge toward Yuyuko and press X.

Cherry hits 50,000. X cancels the border.

So the bomb doesn't activate.

I slam into Yuyuko. Game over.

NOOOOOOOOO I WAS KILLED BY A BORDER HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN
Same happened to me once. Except that it was on that bubble shitwall card and I've got border bonus just as I was about to cancel it. 5 more bubbles > 2 seconds invincibility.

EDIT: Ultimate rage - hit the keyboard after dying with full bombs, just to punch the X key and waste another bomb.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:46:06 PM by Bananamatic »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #937 on: September 21, 2009, 10:55:06 PM »
Huh. I now completely suck at UFO because I'm playing it as if I'm trying to get a high score in EoSD Stage 6. :V
Let's fight.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #938 on: September 21, 2009, 11:38:25 PM »
I was about 3 seconds away from capturing Scarlet Meister Lunatic on like my 3rd time ever seeing it.

NOW I CAN'T SURVIVE THE FIRST WAVE.

« Reply #939 on: September 22, 2009, 01:00:00 AM »
I was playing UFO hard with Reimu-A, and I was kicking ass. I got to Byakren's final card with 3 lives and I was sure I'd 1cc the game. I fail... all 3 of my deaths was with bombs.
I SCREAMED SO LOUD MY NEIGHBORS HEARD IT.

« Reply #940 on: September 22, 2009, 01:44:54 AM »
Ancestors Standing Beside Your Bed.

It was my first time trying it so I wasn't sure what to do, but oh god the bombing/deaths were terrible.

Bananamatic

« Reply #941 on: September 22, 2009, 01:58:21 AM »

It was my first time trying it so I wasn't sure what to do, but oh god the bombing/deaths were terrible.
2 ways to do it.

To start off, go up and shotgun her. Then go back down, stream it left/right, once you hear the "charge" go to the middle and up a bit to get the rest of the bullets off you, then quickly down to dodge the lasers and back up to shotgun her as it repeats all over.

It's a half assed way to clear it, but it works for me.
video here

The other way is a bit more "pro", which involves streaming it all the way so you don't have to do the move up and move down stunt(which isn't all that hard).
Also, you can tap left/right instead of going up to shotgun her.

video here

« Reply #942 on: September 22, 2009, 02:05:37 AM »

2 ways to do it.

To start off, go up and shotgun her. Then go back down, stream it left/right, once you hear the "charge" go to the middle and up a bit to get the rest of the bullets off you, then quickly down to dodge the lasers and back up to shotgun her as it repeats all over.

It's a half assed way to clear it, but it works for me.
video here

The other way is a bit more "pro", which involves streaming it all the way so you don't have to do the move up and move down stunt(which isn't all that hard).
Also, you can tap left/right instead of going up to shotgun her.

video here
I think I'll go with method 1, especially considering how delicious Patchouli's wood-type shotgun is.  Thanks.

Bananamatic

« Reply #943 on: September 22, 2009, 02:28:56 AM »
Tried another run just to test stuff, and with proper streaming it takes 3 rounds, with the up down stunt only 2. With ReimuA full power, that is.

Stupid clipdeath, I'd so much love to no death her extra.
Her second nonspell.....it's too fast for focus yet too tight for nonfocus.

Clipper her first heart card for no reason. Clipped a phallus.(had a good shotgunning round, but only 2,5 power.....)
2 deaths on Genetics. Unfortunately, that's perfectly normal.

And then I capture BOTH of her final cards.

I've got to unlock Extra for Patchy Marisa though.....some cards are just asking for a shotgun....especially Embers of Love.

EDIT:
WHAT THE FLIPPIN PENIS
ReimuA:

MarisaB:

YES THAT'S MIDBOSS YUUGI

I seriously hope that I fail so much because it's 4:30 AM.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:44:42 AM by Bananamatic »

ebarrett

« Reply #944 on: September 22, 2009, 03:54:22 AM »
And then there were none: PCB score.dat reset from outta nowhere. Stupid bug didn't even pick the right game!

edit to avoid double post:
I'm in your PoFV, eating your Mystia replays.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:40:07 AM by ebarrett »

« Reply #945 on: September 22, 2009, 08:56:18 AM »
 >:(UFO is just so damn frustrating! I've been trying for a capture of Ichirin's 2nd boss card for 20 tries now and i still haven't beaten it. Why is it that difficult? You have to follow a strict path and be fast while doing it. Maybe UFO isn't necessarily bullshit in itself. It just doesn't have any Stages 1,2,3 or 4. In their place, their is two additional stages 5 and two additional stages 6.

SA Lunatic is fucking easy compared to this. I want to get the hell past this stage of bullshit. I hate playing it. The entire stage revolves around a bullet-spam of another world that's almost impossible to beat without bombs or UFOs or just walling you off with a huge wave of arrowheads. And of course the evil spam at the end of the stage.

Makes reaching the spellcard with 4.00 power a challenge in itself. ZUN probably can't even beat this himself.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #946 on: September 22, 2009, 04:19:21 PM »
...What the heck? I go through PoFV as Yuka, no deaths before Shikieki. I get her down to her last little half orb of health without getting damaged... She then dodges and dodges and dodges AND KILLS ME!!! I was doing pretty freaking good too T_T Just when I thought I'd get a no deaths clear of PoFV Easy...

EDIT: What the...? Playing Extra mode... Dear god, it seems like Marisa CANNOT be beaten without dying >.< She just covered the ENTIRE screen with lasers, and it wasn't even during a spellcard ._.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:21:49 PM by ShiningDrake »

« Reply #947 on: September 22, 2009, 07:02:14 PM »
DAMN IT, NOT AGAIN! I made it to Legendary Flying Saucer on Hard and game over'ed there. AGAIN! I swear it, UFO Hard is harder than MoF Lunatic.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #948 on: September 22, 2009, 07:14:02 PM »
>:(UFO is just so damn frustrating! I've been trying for a capture of Ichirin's 2nd boss card for 20 tries now and i still haven't beaten it. Why is it that difficult?

I would make a more original post except that this is pretty much exactly what's happening to me right now. :V Getting to that card usually at around 1.xx-2.xx power doesn't help much.
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #949 on: September 22, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »
And that's why I don't play UFO :V

« Reply #950 on: September 22, 2009, 09:01:39 PM »
>:(UFO is just so damn frustrating! I've been trying for a capture of Ichirin's 2nd boss card for 20 tries now and i still haven't beaten it. Why is it that difficult?

I would make a more original post except that this is pretty much exactly what's happening to me right now. :V Getting to that card usually at around 1.xx-2.xx power doesn't help much.

Yeah, its very frustrating indeed. At least i managed to get there with 3.xx power and i got it. Nice to have those spells captured. Now i don't have to play that stage again at that difficulty. Geez, UFO Lunatic is just so annoying. Not fun to play at all. I'll probably never 1CC that game. Not because i wouldn't be able to do it after growing my skills some more and doing a lot of practice but mainly because i hate UFO Lunatic. I just want to beat those cards and never touch it again.

Bananamatic

« Reply #951 on: September 22, 2009, 09:15:34 PM »
The new touhou needs to be like the previous ones......
In PCB I can just set the starting lives to 5, start up Lunatic and have fun even though I am nowhere close to 1ccing it.

In UFO, even trying to beat Hard would be a waste of time. It's way too tedious to repeat stages when you mess up.

And Earth Light Ray>Shoot The Moon. Especially when I had to beat it with solo Marisa :V

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #952 on: September 22, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »
Game over at Scarlet Meister.

Funny thing, i practiced stage 5 all afternoon until I could finish it without dying.

Real run, 2 deaths and 0 bombs left at the end.

Reached stage 6 2/0, died at Sakuya mid-boss non-spell, captured Eternal Meek (I have no idea how I always capture it.. it's like 12/12)
Died with 4 bombs at her opener  GRRRRRRRRR

3 bombs later, I'm at Scarlet Meister... fucking shit that's harder than Scarlet Gensokyo. Game over very quickly
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #953 on: September 22, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »
I really love it when I do almost perfectly for four stages in UFO, then someone comes into my room so I pause the game, then they talk to me for no reason and I go back to the game and accidentally hit reset. :V

EDIT: After trying for three days straight to 1cc UFO with MarisaA, ReimuA, or SanaeB (1cc'd with SanaeA a few hours after the game's release), I got frustrated and chose MarisaB so I could laugh at how bad she is.
I 1cc'd the game on my first try.
I don't even know if I should rage or not.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:54:08 PM by Serafie »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #954 on: September 22, 2009, 11:52:44 PM »
Byakuren's second to final card. I can barely survive one wave of it, AND it takes so little damage from bombs? >.< I managed to barely survive it on my last life (I had THREE LIVES WHEN I WENT IN!!!!) with no bombs remaining, then got 5/6 of the way through Flying Fantastica before I died T_T So close... Why...? Why does that evil card exist...? WHY CAN'T I 1CC THIS STUPID GAME?!

« Reply #955 on: September 23, 2009, 12:21:41 AM »
EoSD.  I got to stage 6 with three lives.  Three lives.

Clipdeathed on random spam
Got rammed by a fairy during rings
Got walled by Sakuya's opener
Game over.

...What.  The.  FUCK.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #956 on: September 23, 2009, 12:28:44 AM »
Byakuren's second to final card. I can barely survive one wave of it, AND it takes so little damage from bombs? >.< I managed to barely survive it on my last life (I had THREE LIVES WHEN I WENT IN!!!!) with no bombs remaining, then got 5/6 of the way through Flying Fantastica before I died T_T So close... Why...? Why does that evil card exist...? WHY CAN'T I 1CC THIS STUPID GAME?!

I don't know if it's somehow different on normal, but on lunatic this attack can be beaten just by standing in one spot. The attack is set up so that there's a quiet spot on the opposite side of where Byakuren is. I suppose it takes longer on normal and hard because on lunatic Byakuren zips around the screen so fast she's above you in no time, but it's just a test of patience.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #957 on: September 23, 2009, 01:54:44 AM »
YO YO LLS IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT

SOEW HAS THE WORST BOMB TIME EVER

I godawful'ed LLS Lunatic, lost at Elly, 6 deaths, 8 bombs.  Of course, I pushed the bomb button, oh...15 times.  But never mind that.

EDIT: Ah, screw this.  I'm going to try to actually get some work done now.  While looping Leonil's rather awesome theme.  One ray of light, at least.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:56:31 AM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

ebarrett

« Reply #958 on: September 23, 2009, 03:06:21 AM »
Clearing stages for practice in PCB lunatic with ReimuB. Only second time ever against "Resurrection Butterfly -80% Reflowering-", the first was back in March with SakuyaA continuebombbrokenaimedfullscreenshotgunlolspam.

I hit a red butterfly with less than ten seconds to go. Notice that it wasn't the bullet that hit me; I HIT THE BULLET.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #959 on: September 23, 2009, 03:37:41 AM »
Taking a break from UFO, I went back to EoSD Normal and game over'd twice on Cirno as ReimuB and MarisA.

...Geez, I just can't get a break.