Author Topic: Touhou NoR Question  (Read 20706 times)

Re: Touhou NoR Question
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »
Quoting for new page. Can't you try using something like Recuva to see if it can be recovered, it should work as long as no sector hasn't been overwritten.
Such a shit,

I accidently deleted my complete Touhou game folder with SHIFT+DELETE.
Anyone knows, if NoR also backup online, I doubt it though...?

Well, I don't really want to play from the very beginning now, that means, I need to wait until NoR is not so fresh in my mind anymore to play again.
DAMN, and along with all my translation notes, graphic crops and level notes.
No idea, sorry, the best I can do is give you a save at the point you were, I have one before every Boss fight, I know however you're way ahead of me, currently at
Spoiler:
Tenshi
, so it may be a while before I catch up (I know is not the same save, I have every drop so far excluding materials).

Mamizou "Magic Danmaku Transformation": Light Ability Level 12, via Star Blaze / Starlight Whip.

Requires a single target Light Elemental attack, it can't be sparked via multi-target skills Light Breath, Star Shining, Starlight Shower. I didn't mention this before, but Doppels skill also work to spark LW, Yukari's Danmaku Barrier can be sparked with Yuyuko for example.

I have an idea of what might Spark Physical Last Words, and if it's what I think it is, it's so easy I would find it hard to believe no one figured this out (and I already ruled out every Lv20 Skill, Weapons and Doppels up to
Spoiler:
Cirno
, and Formation)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:45:27 PM by Cjd2524 »

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2014, 05:50:47 AM »
Quick, use Recuva before it too late, it's free and effective, you should only need to recover the saves file and your translation notes.

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2014, 03:42:23 PM »
Take for example the Thunder(...) Bow

Just in the case you might be wondering, 霹靂の弓, Thunder/Thunderclap Bow.

You can wish for anything!

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2014, 07:53:14 PM »
I actually left the ellipsis because I wasn't sure if to name it "Thunderbolt" or "Thunderclap", Thunder was sure, giving it a wrong name could result in the error later spreading if  someone else just go into copy and paste route.

For example 木の葉落とし, this is Falling Leaf, would Leaf Drop be also valid or is too far ? (on second look it seems to be self-contained, literally is more complex)

There is no Furigana for skills, right ?, I feel like I am missing two buttons on my gamepad, even though the game's launcher recogzines them, there are level up screens with information that I can't seem to access, I guess there is none to, I should try with the keyboard.
覇王の一閃
I understood this reference, please no more Demiurges, unless it means something else entirely. Skills are full of them, I see I acquired Dimensional Slash which I don't remember being in GoS (a ToP Skill, Jigenzan).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:02:07 PM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2014, 08:33:31 PM »
Quick, use Recuva before it too late, it's free and effective, you should only need to recover the saves file and your translation notes.

Thank you, but that what I did, and I was able to recover very old files which I have deleted, but not these files *cry*.
And also trying other recovery-tools couldn't find these files.
All files which were in my "GenmuYoutan" Folder cannot be found, well the folder name was in Japanese, but other Japanese folders were also found.
I was able to find some folders I created inside the "GenmuYoutan" Folder though...

Though, I can find my files using the standard search function of vista.
But of course I cannot open it, since the path doesn't exist anymore, but is it possible to recover it directly this way?
And isn't it also a good sign that the file still should exist? (Though I cannot find it in the recovery tools)

Well, I did manage to recover a sav file, but I'm not sure whether it is the right save state or if it's even for right game.
Is there anyway to check this without the game, with Hex-Editor for instance...?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:10:44 PM by Tyraxx »
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2014, 09:21:08 PM »
Not that I know of, I believe the save files for these games would be encrypted. If it helps, saves:
Code: [Select]
GoS: filename TSD###.sav , filesize  45~ KB [ + souzinden.ini ] [ for Weekend ]
NoR: filename save###.sav, filesize 300~ KB [ + genmu.ini     ] [ filesize varies with inventory ]
I have no idea what DoD uses.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2014, 09:40:24 PM »
Skills are full of them, I see I acquired Dimensional Slash which I don't remember being in GoS (a ToP Skill, Jigenzan).
It's in DoD, but... no, I don't think it's in GoS.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2014, 01:20:28 AM »
I see, I wanted to ask something regarding "Lost" or "Expended" items, for example the Magic Plate Mail recipe requires a Plate Mail to be synthesized, which is another recipe, does this mean the Plate Mail is gone forever ?

GoS only expendables were from Treasure chests items, the Earrings mainly, and recipes which required Drops could be acquired (dropped) again after being synthesized, however it didn't have strict recipes of other recipes, this shrinks the equipment selection, I guess with less characters this isn't a big loss, but still I didn't like it GoS, that and some of the shields being enemy exclusive left me dissapointed (Maple Leaf/Athena's/Diamond Shell).

Regarding skills sparking, Doppels can be changed in battle to become helpers, supposing it would be a bad Doppel for regular use, also multi-strike weapons like the Eagle Spear will lead to twice the sparking calculations (this weapon only has 33% Multi-Strike).

Another thing to note is that characters will keep their numerical HP when switching between Doppels rather than percentage, for example going from 400/600 HP to a Doppel with 400 Max HP will result in full HP (400/400) rather than 66%, this runs both ways, when changing form a Low HP Doppel to a higher one the character's current HP will remain the same with no increment.

I still don't know if skills can be sparked while on Berserk status, I need to find a proper enviroment to test this.

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2014, 12:59:45 PM »
Well, though I'm not playing, I will still contribute a bit.

@Cjd2524
Yes, the used item will be gone forever.
(Though there was a bug with that one Item, I think it was called the "Shippuuden Boots", when I upgraded them the first time, somehow the Item was not gone.)

Although, an interesting feature which I think few know.
If you're going through your recipe list in the alchemy function, you can press the "X-button" to toggle between "Show all recipes"/"Show only unused recipes".
You need to press the button before you choose a category in the alchemy menu.)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2014, 07:16:47 PM »
Still at the same place, there is a Lesser Demon and Power rare spawn at the door (?-?-?) left of the Genmu Castle, this is the only time I found them in the optional areas, so far they were only in dungeons. Both are Level 30+ and can be used to spark Lv30 Skill, but it can become a real pain.

Rare Spawns should be on the wiki, the jpn wiki is missing some of them, apparently so far:
Field (outside School)      : Futtachi
Skyscraper                  : Happy 99 (Elevator Room)
Great Wall                  : Soryuu, Wall of Ice, Yaksa
Cave (next to Skyscraper)   : Yaksa, Happy 99
Volcano Road                : Fire Giant, Land Turtle, Cave Guardian, Yukkuri
Station (1st Area)          : Yato no Kami
Station (2nd Area)          : Yato no Kami, Minotaur, Power, Lesser Daemon
?-?-? (left of Genmu Castle): Otoroshi, Power, Lesser Demon
Also the Yukkuris still spawn inside rooms with a certain probability, they aren't set to spawn "Inside All Dungeon" but are secluded into rooms with individual percentages, just like they were in GoS, these rooms are usually the last ones before the Dungeon's Boss. Anyone can train in the first areas of a Dungeon and notice immediately they will never spawn.

From the Station stage (last enemy room before Cirno): Yukkuri's Counterattack
@Cjd2524
Yes, the used item will be gone forever.
(Though there was a bug with that one Item, I think it was called the "Shippuuden Boots", when I upgraded them the first time, somehow the Item was not gone.)
My main issue with this is that you get a mixed bag item, rather than an absolute upgrade, the Plate Mail has higher defense, the current Boss has more physical power than magical, if you craft the Magic you're at disadvantage.

On GoS you exchanged 3 Earrings, for 2 Earrings of major power, this was nice, but now you can only cover two characters instead of three to a lesser degree, and it does limit choices with strategies.

Reverse recipes would actually fix this, allowing to craft back and forth.
Although, an interesting feature which I think few know.
If you're going through your recipe list in the alchemy function, you can press the "X-button" to toggle between "Show all recipes"/"Show only unused recipes".
You need to press the button before you choose a category in the alchemy menu.)
GoS needed this exact function, I remember not crafting recipes (for lesser items) because I had so many it was really difficult to check properly the Inventory, and I believed they were crafted already, furthermore there was no confirmation when you didn't have enough materials.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:44:09 PM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »
GoS needed this exact function, I remember not crafting recipes (for lesser items) because I had so many it was really difficult to check properly the Inventory, and I believed they were crafted already, furthermore there was no confirmation when you didn't have enough materials.
Well, that's the good thing in NoR, there's no single feature I miss from the previous parts, and there is no single feature where I'd say, Gos or DoD was better.

BTW; I managed to recover a save file with a high probabilitxy that it's the right one.
It should be a NoR-save file, since it was in the folder with the "genmu.ini" and the delete date was the same as the others.
Well, I still don't have my notes or graphic crops back, but I already reached the point where I accept what happened.

OK, hopefully everything works and I can continue playing...
(finger crossed)

PS: Why is everyone writing some information in these black boxes?
I first thought it would be a spoiler section, but you can read the text w/out marking.
Is it just for visual matters?
Thanks people.

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »
OK, hopefully everything works and I can continue playing...
(finger crossed)

PS: Why is everyone writing some information in these black boxes?
I first thought it would be a spoiler section, but you can read the text w/out marking.
Is it just for visual matters?
Hope you can. The black box?, that would be only me, is a code box, text has no wrap around and usually aligns better than the regular text this forum uses, no emoticons when writing stuff like ?-?-? (without hyphens), also used to prevent hotlinking (not sure if that's the appropiate term). I know the last one I made doesn't fit in any of those categories, but I guess it was easier to see, to me at least.

Something regarding Skill List on that site, there are only 2 skills that can't be sparked via regular attack, the final sword skill, and Agincourt (Bow) via Random Shoot, I find this strange.

The page mentions it doesn't know the difference between "Learning 1" and "Learning 2", I think contrary to common logic, characters with L1 learn faster than with "L2". This explains why I said Mamizou had more skills and more advanced ones than the rest of the characters, as all of her skills Types are L1, with the exception of Type 1, however all Type 1 are high probability and the easiest to spark so this goes unnoticed to her.

I learned Blood Lance with Mamizou on the first try/turn, Type 8 are the hardest to learn (like real hard), she is the only Type 8 L1 character. Now look at this, find what's wrong.

What I would like to know is if there are Doppels that transform characters into "Learning 1", Youmu doesn't, what's possible is that if you equip a L2 character with her, Saya in this case, she would become L1, I didn't test this but I have no reason to believe it doesn't work like this.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »
...Does that literally say "100" in the turn counter? Uh... what were you trying to spark on who now?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »
Yes, Mankou('s) Blow with Reimu (not sure of the proper name), and Dimensional Slash with Yukari, never forget.

I need weaker helpers, all these close range are too strong, Mononobe no Futo is the only exception I found, Dimensional Slash only sparks via regular attack so there is no choice, however that blunt skill can be sparked via Konshin('s) Blow, the problem is that if I use Youmu + that Skill there is not going to be an enemy for a second try, specially with how much Youmu boosts Critical Success, so I am forced to go into the very slow route.

On note of that image some Idea Factory games had special spawns after the 99th Turn (the games also featured a Turn Counter), can't blame me for trying I don't remember if I did it GoS.

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2014, 02:07:09 PM »
Man, his really sucks, I cannot patch the game.

I remember having patching problems when I played it last time, the patch would download and sometimes fails.
And I just managed patching with 100 retries.

But this time, it doesn't load the patch at all, trying to download patch _1_0_1.exe.
It worked at the very first time, but than failed when it was almost completed, but now
nothing is happening at all, no matter how many times I try.

Anybody had the same problem, and how did he/she fix it?

EDIT: OK, I managed to patch, but you can only patch from ver. 1.0.0 directly to 1.1.3, but I need the 1.0.6 version ...
Please, anyone help me
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:41:02 PM by Tyraxx »
Thanks people.

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »
If you have XP set your date to before February 16, 2014, it's the issue Bose's site mention, I am on v1.1.3 and the issue is still present on that OS, I am not even sure if anybody figured this.

The older patches links were taken down, they aren't officially supported anymore, but if you have the files be sure to do this from a clean install, it's also required for the manual update of Touhou Quest:
1 - Create a directory "SagiriUpdater" in "My Documents"

2 - Create a file "Update.ini" inside the folder.

3 - Write in the file:

[Update]
TargetDirectory=<Your Game Directory>

4 - Run the UDM Update from any location.

I was toying with this idea and noticed right away, special Doppel class, it was introduced in v1.0.6.

ドッペルの阿求を沙弥に憑けると、他の主人に憑けるより各攻撃回数が1多く増える。タイプも回復型から爾今阿礼(じこんあれい)に変わる。I need to test this further I don't understand if it applies to everything, it doesn't let you change to all Doppels sadly, which would have been very useful.

Rare Spawns

Genmu Castle (1st Area): Will o' Wisp
Genmu Castle (2nd Area): Will o' Wisp, Fuguruma, Lesser Demon, Hakkotsu Fujin (Uncommon)
Genmu Castle (3rd Area): Will o' Wisp, Fuguruma, Lesser Demon, Hakkotsu Fujin (Uncommon), Kantei, Kirin
The Kirin, that moveset, 2 actions per turn, Vacuum Wave, Neutral Breath (or was it nuclear), Scream (?), 1 Million Amperes (?), awesome.

I still want to know what does the Quick skill the Fuguruma uses, I first thought it was GoS Abyss Wind, but it's not the same name.

I wanted to comment on Dual Wielding but I'll reserve it for later after I confirm if what I am going to write is correct.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:38:50 PM by Cjd2524 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2014, 09:45:49 PM »
That special Doppel class is only available if Akyuu is equipped on Saya. It makes it so that the number of attacks for recovery magic and defensive assist are increased by one more than if Akyuu was placed on any other character.

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2014, 12:39:37 AM »
I'll have to find some use to it, wondering if it serves to extend some skill similar to Leaf Shield, in GoS it was a fixed skill.

There is some weird behavior with damage, numbers in Red indicate Critical, however they're only shown for individual strikes (small sized numbers) rather than the final one, sometimes these little numbers aren't displayed specially for enemy attacks, I think this leads to single-hit attacks to not show they have landed a Critical (ex: Vacuum Wave).

This better be a hidden skill like GoS Void resistance, Meditation, Regen, etc.

For Tyraxx, look at these blank slates (no equipment):

All have the same MP, which would be the only stat that could have made a difference between characters, so what differentiates characters are Last Words, and Saya's special Doppel title, unlike in GoS characters here can equip any weapon, and have access to all skills.

On note of this last from GoS some characters had no means of MP regeneration other than by Byakuren's Magic Butterfly, this created a big dependency that paired along the awful bomb system (specially for commanders) didn't permit a viable sustaining solution for regular use of these characters, sadly Lithos and Reisen both fell into this category, they were very helpful for Bosses, but for regular use I think Cirno outclassed them.

Currently trying to catch Guan Yu (this spawn is so rare), and the Minotaur which I missed given I made no grinding in that area, the Power also spawns there and I got it only after that stage's boss.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:08:47 AM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
This better be a hidden skill like GoS Void resistance, Meditation, Regen, etc.
AFAIK, it is not.
Meditation, Regen, etc. will be noted.
I think it really is just that because the Doppel's are going to learn such a useful skill, that you will learn nothing in lvl up.
Since all Doppel need the same amount of exp for each level, just imagine that you needed more exp for lvl up.

]
For Tyraxx, look at these blank slates (no equipment):

Wait, what, I haven't been following this thread taht carefully anymore, but why are you referring to me?
Thanks people.

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2014, 06:27:20 PM »
Nothing in particular, it's the level cap, it was in reference to post #10 & #17, you don't have to worry anymore about what each character excels in, they are all the same mostly stat wise, unlike in DoD apparently (and GoS of course).

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »
OK, so I manage to open the game and stuff...

but the game doesn't give me the "continue" choice, and if I start "startgame" it even shows the save slot.
So, what should I do...?

EDIT: Figure out, "start game" is not considered "new game", I simply need to choose the sav.
Alright, now I'm back in the game. More or less....
I need to note some stuff first, before continue playing, and well, I'm before a boss anyways, so...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:31:12 PM by Tyraxx »
Thanks people.

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2014, 10:35:11 PM »
Got the Minotaur, missing Guan Yu.

Regarding Muu Monnyan, her signature skills are, Dream Pillow (Sleep), Dream Eater, and her Veda (Mass Sleep) skill, I don't have enough knowledge to guess a proper name. Her Last Word, Dream Eater, is an extension of GoS Eternal Rest but instead of slayer damage inflicts instant death upon a single target, unless I am mistaken about this but her skill fails a lot, it's basically a lite version of Elekiter Dragon Palace I would like to mention all the possible equipment that prevents Instant Death and Sleep until this point, this last being better.

I guess a cheaper alternative would be to use a very low RES character equipped with the Basilisk Eyeball, so she wastes her Last Word on an immune character, the Minotaur's Provocation could easily aid on this task, however I am not sure how safe would the rest of the characters be to mass sleep, I don't know if her skills ignore Tolerance.

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2014, 01:53:42 PM »
OK, I'm redoing my accessory table, but since some acc. are already upgraded, I don't have the previous version anymore, so I don't know the value.

Can someone give my the values for the "pendant"-items?
I only need the not upgraded values and the "ShippuBoots+1" value.
And also the values of the previous version of the two hats: "RedBarret(レッドバレー)" and "GoldenSilkHat(金のシルクハット)"

And if anyone can give me a site where all the doppels are listed, along with their skills and on which lv they learn it, I'd be very grateful.
(Since I'v been noting down each skill on each lvl down, and now I need to do these notes again.*very sad and frustrated*)

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:16:13 PM by Tyraxx »
Thanks people.

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2014, 08:01:34 PM »
PIC

It looks like the Kantei needs to be defeated 32 times before it will join in, this is strange considering I got the Minotaur in the 4th try, and both have the same stars, the jp wiki notes it requires 6 hours to catch it, it would be so much faster if I could predict encounters, I would still like drops to be random though. I remember games like Legend of Legaia where you could force monsters to join by defeating them a single action (combo) for non-innate characters, but I don't think there is any mechanic like this in this game, coincidentally the Ability Level for monsters worked like ability does in NoR, by number of uses, but I don't think there was a cap per battle.

On note of this Izanami can use Elixir, which can be used to revive the Kantei like any other monster, however this doesn't even count towards the Defeated # stat, very disappointing, it remains unchanged since GoS, but here it could have some utility if only.

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2014, 05:54:47 AM »
PIC

It looks like the Kantei needs to be defeated 32 times before it will join in, this is strange considering I got the Minotaur in the 4th try, and both have the same stars, the jp wiki notes it requires 6 hours to catch it, it would be so much faster if I could predict encounters,

If you haven't done it yet, you could keep running away from battle until you encounter the one you want, if you already did, then just pray to rng. :V

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2014, 06:45:46 AM »
No run allowed, I learned in GoS it takes more time trying to run than actually finishing a battle, auto-attacking was faster for me than running, sadly this game doesn't have this option, I am guessing the spawn rate for the Kantei may be a little higher on the castle area as the Kirin is not part of the enemy pool, it only spawns on the dream sections.

I already acquired it, I did notice the number when I tried to catch the Lesser Demon, as it requires the same number of defeats, however the spawn was a lot more common.

Marisa's BLAZING STAR: sparks via Meteor Shower, Flash Slash, Mesocyclone, at 50% HP or less while Last Word is active.

Weapon Ability: 20 (Done at 23, 16 isn't enough), on any enemy (Ghosts included)
Apparently it sparks via all POW consuming all-targetting physical skills, it cannot be sparked via Sword Press.

It sparks amazingly fast when the conditions are met, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a perfect success rate at a lower HP rate, in GoS the maximum Last Word Activation was about 18% when HP was below 75%.

Hopefully somebody missing the skill can give a second confirmation.

Gah..., Saya's Kurahinata Divine Palm is really random, it got it twice via Crusher (Blunt) using both times physical Elemental Skills, Ice Crash confirmed, first on a Gargoyle (2nd Turn, Last Word active) then on a Ghost quite fast, however I can't reproduce it.

If it's something like a counter it will take a while to figure, as in Saya's action must go after an enemy targeted her and she gets injured, I don't think there is a very low random spark rate, is just the condition must be mind-boggling, as long as is not related to current Land Power it should be something easy to pay attention.

Both times using Akyuu as a Doppel, her physical last word is a single target instant death skill, apparently neither the Crocea Mors, nor Critical Thrust (Spear Skill) are related or required for sparking, somehow I would have expected this skill via Dark or Holy Hand, but again seems unrelated, I am not even sure if Holy Hand is in this game. I read some people got the skills via Bows (STA), so I guess it's not fixed to STK.

I should try Wands, they're still STK in this game, right ?, though without skills is likely a dead end.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:03:42 AM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »
No run allowed, I learned in GoS it takes more time trying to run than actually finishing a battle, auto-attacking was faster for me than running, sadly this game doesn't have this option, I am guessing the spawn rate for the Kantei may be a little higher on the castle area as the Kirin is not part of the enemy pool, it only spawns on the dream sections.

I already acquired it, I did notice the number when I tried to catch the Lesser Demon, as it requires the same number of defeats, however the spawn was a lot more common.

You can run by pressing L+R at the beginning, running from battle against mobs that can't kill you and being overlevel seems to be easier for me (not sure how the success rate of running away is counted), rather than restarting a run when I'm unlucky to not meet the one I'm looking for. :V
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:57:30 AM by ditt93 »

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2014, 09:34:27 AM »
I found the failure rate to be extremely annoying, specially for the examples I named, battles that would end faster via fighting, all battles can be finished on the first turn in this area.

This brings me memories, the Bangoru..., and while unrelated I can imagine the time some players had when they entered the Gorgon Barrier, the game was trying to give a very simple message.

The fastest way to farm non-specific drops is usually to have All-targetting attacks paired with elemental weapons, ruling out the use of Spears, in order to finish the battles in a single action, for example the Station had the Flame Sword that was really effective against the enemies in that area, and a Doppel like Remilia will suffice for AGI and STR given most all-targetting attack have reduced casting speed, also the Mind Flayer's Energy Riot could finish most of the enemies in that area including the Metal Solid, I like how this spell doesn't have the terrible cooldown it had in GoS, now it's useful.

So, I am guessing there are 3 tiers of Rare Enchants just like the regular Enchants

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2014, 11:33:48 AM »
PIC

Thank you, thank you; I really appreciate that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:44:13 AM by Tyraxx »
Thanks people.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »
Huh... so some doppels require defeating that monster a certain amount? Huh...

Also, you know, I think we really need like a concise place for all of this technical information. The same goes for the stuff on GoS. It's great that it's there, but it's all kind of spread out throughout a bunch of different threads and posts. 0_0;