Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kaksi  (Read 58983 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Hatate Quest Kaksi
« Reply #690 on: April 25, 2014, 02:49:23 AM »
>"Fine with me. Unless he's going to pop out in the next hour or so, there's no big hurry."

« Reply #691 on: April 26, 2014, 05:44:59 AM »
>"Fine with me. Unless he's going to pop out in the next hour or so, there's no big hurry."

>"If D'Arquien-san is correct," Celia states, "then this is not likely. Any individual, no matter how greedy, would take a considerable amount of time to sort through the objects Kirisame-san has 'collected' over the years. In the interim, perhaps you would care to elaborate on the question Himekaidou-san asked earlier, in regards to the exception to your powers?"
>The steward of the Keep nods. "If you wish."

>During this exchange, Ranka descends towards you, a happy little grin on her face. "I felt you trying to find me earlier."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #692 on: April 26, 2014, 01:20:56 PM »
>"Heh. Just wanted to know if you were hiding, or if you got bored and ran off."

« Reply #693 on: April 26, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »
>"Heh. Just wanted to know if you were hiding, or if you got bored and ran off."

>"I thought about it." Ranka admits. "But Sabine convinced me to try this instead, to see what you'd do."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #694 on: April 26, 2014, 06:00:36 PM »
>"Did I pass?"

« Reply #695 on: April 27, 2014, 02:51:46 AM »
>"Did I pass?"

>Ranka nods. "You tried. And that's more than any other tengu's ever tried. The ones I've talked to before just sort of blew me off, didn't even bother."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #696 on: April 27, 2014, 03:09:44 AM »
>"Well, I can see why, after what we talked about before. You give a real bad impression, and unless someone has a reason to think differently, it just sounds like you're trying to be nasty, and most of us have seen people who actually were being nasty."
>"But I can tell that's not what you meant, so don't worry."

« Reply #697 on: April 27, 2014, 06:53:53 AM »
>"Well, I can see why, after what we talked about before. You give a real bad impression, and unless someone has a reason to think differently, it just sounds like you're trying to be nasty, and most of us have seen people who actually were being nasty."
>"But I can tell that's not what you meant, so don't worry."

>"Maybe I should use a publicist?" Ranka says with a giggle, before frowning slightly. "That's a weird word, why do I know it? DO I know it? What does it mean?" she asks you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #698 on: April 27, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »
>Shrug.
>"I guess it'd be someone who makes you sound better than you normally do? I think you just need to get to know us better, and maybe be open to the idea we're not so totally wrong about things as you think."

« Reply #699 on: April 30, 2014, 12:08:44 AM »
>Shrug.
>"I guess it'd be someone who makes you sound better than you normally do? I think you just need to get to know us better, and maybe be open to the idea we're not so totally wrong about things as you think."

>"Oh, well, I already have one of those." Ranka says with a satisfied little smirk. "But it's not like I haven't tried, you know? Other than that other reporter, you're the first tengu who's really spent more than two words on me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #700 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:50 AM »
>"What'd she have to say?"

« Reply #701 on: April 30, 2014, 02:16:21 AM »
>"What'd she have to say?"

>"Well we didn't talk about about the stuff you and me did. I don't think so, anyway, I can't remember. I was paying more attention to how her winds felt."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #702 on: April 30, 2014, 02:28:19 AM »
>"Not as good as mine, I trust."

« Reply #703 on: April 30, 2014, 02:45:59 AM »
>"Not as good as mine, I trust."

>A peculiar look crosses Ranka's beautiful face, but she pauses before she speaks. "You know, I don't know if I should say. I don't even know if she was aware of it herself. But then again, you're a tengu like her, it might make more sense to you. But don't tell her I told you, okay?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #704 on: April 30, 2014, 03:13:08 AM »
>"Won't say a word. She's competition, after all."

« Reply #705 on: April 30, 2014, 03:22:05 AM »
>"Won't say a word. She's competition, after all."

>The wind spirit nods solemnly. "When I saw her, was talking to her, she was sad."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #706 on: April 30, 2014, 03:59:34 AM »
>"Why was that? She's usually not a sad kind of person. Night of Rage stuff?"

« Reply #707 on: April 30, 2014, 04:09:01 AM »
>"Why was that? She's usually not a sad kind of person. Night of Rage stuff?"

>"Nono, this was years ago, a little after that red fog stuff. The.... Scarlet Mist?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #708 on: April 30, 2014, 04:36:35 AM »
>"Oooh, quite a while back. I thought maybe it'd have some connection to recent stuff. But anyways, go on."

« Reply #709 on: April 30, 2014, 09:05:50 PM »
>"Oooh, quite a while back. I thought maybe it'd have some connection to recent stuff. But anyways, go on."

>"Well, as for 'why', I don't know. Maybe it was something she saw in my winds, or maybe it was because of what she was doing. Maybe both, I couldn't tell. I don't even know if she was aware of it; I wouldn't have seen it at all if I didn't pay more attention to things outside the flesh."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #710 on: May 01, 2014, 12:25:16 AM »
>"And she was hiding it well enough you couldn't otherwise tell, huh? So, what was getting her down?"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:11:35 AM by Chaos Purvis »

« Reply #711 on: May 01, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »
>"And she was hiding it well enough you couldn't otherwise tell, huh? So, what was getting her down."

>_

>"I don't think she was hiding it. Not on purpose. See, you people that are more grounded than beings like me, you don't always know what's bothering you even when it's bothering you. Keine says that means you're more 'complex' than my kind. She might be right, she's really smart."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #712 on: May 01, 2014, 01:14:28 AM »
>"I suppose that might be so. But I don't know, you've probably got your own complexities. But anyways, were you able to figure out what the problem was?"

« Reply #713 on: May 02, 2014, 01:51:45 AM »
>"I suppose that might be so. But I don't know, you've probably got your own complexities. But anyways, were you able to figure out what the problem was?"

>Ranka shakes her head. "I haven't seen her since. Wait, that's not right. I've SEEN her, just not up close, always far away." The wind spirit pouts slightly. "If I didn't know better, I'd think she was ignoring me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #714 on: May 02, 2014, 02:45:47 AM »
>"Oh?"

« Reply #715 on: May 02, 2014, 03:48:15 AM »
>"Oh?"

>"Every other photographer that's ever seen me came looking for me after. And she could find me if she wanted to, pretty sure of that."
>Over her shoulder, to the west, you spy a purple figure flying through the trees in your direction.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #716 on: May 02, 2014, 04:24:33 AM »
>"You know a lot of photographers I guess. Yeah, that makes sense."
>Who do we know who is purple?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #717 on: May 02, 2014, 04:29:53 AM »
>"Maybe you irritated her?"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #718 on: May 02, 2014, 04:36:24 AM »
>"Or maybe she thought you found out about a secret of hers."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #719 on: May 02, 2014, 06:08:38 AM »
>Who do we know who is purple?

>While you've never actually met her, you know that Patchouli Knowledge's standard garb is largely purple, as is her lengthy hair. That's probably her, then.
>Aside from her, the only other individual you can think of that you'd describe as 'purple' would be Satori Komeji, given the vivid purple color of her hair and eyes. And because Stuffman said she is.

>"You know a lot of photographers I guess. Yeah, that makes sense."

>"Ever since the camera came around, camera-people like to chase me." Ranka grins. "But that's okay. It's fun sometimes."

>"Maybe you irritated her?"
>"Or maybe she thought you found out about a secret of hers."

>"Mm, maybe. But I wasn't trying to, it just... sort of happened." The wind spirit's face droops slightly. "I'd actually like to see her again, now that you've got me thinking about her. She was the only Tengu I ever met whose winds didn't feel like they were pushing me away."