Author Topic: Hatate Quest Kaksi  (Read 58946 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Hatate Quest Kaksi
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2014, 04:59:02 AM »
>"Yeah, that sounds like Reimu. What'd she do to Sloth?"
>Continue to take advantage of good photo opportunities.

« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2014, 07:01:36 AM »
>"Yeah, that sounds like Reimu. What'd she do to Sloth?"
>Continue to take advantage of good photo opportunities.

>Honoka is giving you plenty of good shots, too. That card of hers is one of the most dangerous you've ever seen in person. There's no discernable pattern to the many types of bullets up there, and the lasers are adding injury to injury. And then there's the matter of the eruptions. The pulsing lights give her opponents time to escape the zones, though, not a lot, and doing so without being struck by one of the flying projectiles is exceedingly difficult. Agile Ranka seems to be working very hard indeed not to get hit more than she is, though she manages to be beautiful even in this. Yuzuriha, who is seemingly neither as agile nor as skilled as her partner, is getting hammered.

>Leraije gives the Sin a merry grin. "She hit her with a ying-yang orb." She pauses for a moment, then adds, "One the size of a boulder."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2014, 07:57:56 AM »
>"Oof."
>Look to Leraije. "So, how do you fit in around this place? I've been trying to get my head around the community here."

« Reply #333 on: March 01, 2014, 01:25:45 PM »
>"Oof."
>Look to Leraije. "So, how do you fit in around this place? I've been trying to get my head around the community here."

>"Wasn't so bad." Sloth says with a shrug. "Was actually kinda comfy under that thing."
>"You'd probably say that if you had a mountain dropped on you." Lyrica states.

>"Fit in? You mean, what's my job?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #334 on: March 01, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »
>"More than that, I mean. Where do you live, what do you do with your time , and stuff like that?"

« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2014, 08:34:35 PM »
>"More than that, I mean. Where do you live, what do you do with your time , and stuff like that?"

>"Aren't we curious." Leraije says with an amused smile.
>"Maybe she likes you." Sloth drawls.
>The cannoneer looks you up and down. "There's a thought."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2014, 02:35:36 AM »
>"Worse. I'm a reporter."

« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2014, 02:47:04 AM »
>"Worse. I'm a reporter."

>"'zat all you tengu do?" Sloth inquires.
>Leraije, however, merely nods towards your camera-phone. "I should've guessed, the way you've been recording the duel."

>Said duel, however, appears to be winding down. Yuzuriha suffers a tandem blow from a stray bullet, and gets engulfed by Honoka's spellcard's explosion. When the flame clears, the damaged-looking Cobalt guard holds her arm out, palm down. "I give."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2014, 03:00:45 AM »
>Snap a picture of that, and any victory celebrations.
>"Just that not too many of us tend to travel much, Sloth."

« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2014, 03:12:55 AM »
>"Just that not too many of us tend to travel much, Sloth."

>"Smart people." the Sin says with a nod.
>"Have you considered a PR campaign?" Lunasa asks. "Having Aya be basically the only ambassador for your people has to have its drawbacks."

>
>Snap a picture of that, and any victory celebrations.

>Rather than looking victorious, Honoka seems displeased, ending the effect of World in Flames. "If you'd been using all six dogs, you and Ranka could have broken that card. You held back."
>"I think you overestimate me, Honoka." Yuzuriha replies, brushing some ash off of her singed shirt. "Remilia-san had trouble with that card of yours, what chance did we have?"
>"That's her way, honey." Ranka says to the dog owner. Even her voice is nice, carrying on the breeze like perfumed silk. "She always wants the best from people she fights."
>"Less than that wouldn't be fair, to me or my opponents." Honoka states, retracting her arms into her cloak.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2014, 03:34:00 AM »
>"To be honest, by and large we don't care too much what other people think. We normally keep to ourselves and expect others to respect that.  Buuuuuut, the traditional view of things came around before we had people like Aya running around and giving people ideas, so you might have the right idea."
>Do we think anyone with any influence back home would actually care about that sort of thing.

« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2014, 04:05:52 AM »
>Do we think anyone with any influence back home would actually care about that sort of thing.

>Amongst the four 'main' castes, probably not. Except maybe Aya herself, no one in power among the Crows or Dais or Long-noses really has enough interest in the other races to undertake any kind of project to improve their reputation among them.
>The Yamabushi, however, might be a different story. The oldest daughter of the reigning elder of that caste, a woman named Momohime, is infamous among the tengu for being one of the only tengu, other than Aya and occasionally Momiji, who leaves the mountain on a regular basis. If any tengu would be willing to back such a project, it would probably be her.

>"To be honest, by and large we don't care too much what other people think. We normally keep to ourselves and expect others to respect that.  Buuuuuut, the traditional view of things came around before we had people like Aya running around and giving people ideas, so you might have the right idea."

>"Would probably make your job easier." Lunasa offers.
>"Sounds like more work to me." Sloth counters.
>"Everything sounds like more work to you."
>"Why work when you can nap." the Sin counters with a yawn. It really isn't hard to see why this one was drawn to Reimu.

>"I remember now." Leraije says as Lunasa and Sloth have their exchange. "We heard the Tengu were like that back when we first arrived. Isolationist. Uh, no offense intended."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2014, 04:16:54 AM »
>"None taken. It's not untrue at all. About the only other tengu I can think of that ranges out often other than me and Aya would be a fairly high-ranking girl from the Yamabushi clan. We really prefer not to have too many visitors when we can help it."
>How bad has the Moriya shrine deranged that desire in the past few years?
>What are the duelists up to now?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2014, 04:43:44 AM »
>Momohime ... Princess Peach?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2014, 08:55:19 PM »
>"None taken. It's not untrue at all. About the only other tengu I can think of that ranges out often other than me and Aya would be a fairly high-ranking girl from the Yamabushi clan. We really prefer not to have too many visitors when we can help it."
>How bad has the Moriya shrine deranged that desire in the past few years?

>"It's true." Lunasa adds. "We've toured pretty much all across Gensokyo, but the Tengu territory's always been off limits to us."
>"I'm not complaining." her sister says. "Saves us hiking up that mountain."

>The Moriyas haven't had a lot of impact on that aspect of Tengu society. Kanako and Sanae garner some respect for being so tied to the winds, but the majority of tengu have no desire to visit them nor have them visit Tengu territory. You know that Kanako herself has come into Tengu territory on at least two occasions, but only at the invitation of Lord Tenma, and then only on official business. Most of the time when the Tengu and the Moriya need to discuss business, your people send someone up to the shrine.

>Momohime ... Princess Peach?

>As a matter of fact, you believe she HAS been referred to as such before.

>What are the duelists up to now?

>Ranka is tending to one of Yuzuriha's dogs, brushing some cinders out of its grey coat while Yuzu herself attends to the others as they float back down towards the surface. Honoka meanwhile, is heading back down to ground in your direction. Ranka must have called off the duel as well, and Honoka doesn't seem entirely pleased about the result.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #345 on: March 03, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »
>Does Momohime wear pink clothing?

« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2014, 09:02:31 PM »
>Does Momohime wear pink clothing?

>The last time she was pictured in Aya's paper, she was wearing..... A white dress, you think. Which in itself is a bit odd for a Yamabushi, their traditional attire tends more towards robes and bodywraps of that style, rather than gowns or other fashions. She does, however, have pink coloring in her wings.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #347 on: March 04, 2014, 02:29:52 AM »
>"Well, there's still the Moriya shrine. Now, excuse me a moment."
>Approach Honoka. "Hey, sorry to leave you out here if you're so bored you're getting into fights."

« Reply #348 on: March 04, 2014, 02:59:56 AM »
>"Well, there's still the Moriya shrine. Now, excuse me a moment."
>Approach Honoka. "Hey, sorry to leave you out here if you're so bored you're getting into fights."

>Leraije nods as you take to wing, meeting Honoka halfway down. "Hardly bored." the cloaked youkai disagrees. "Spellcard dueling has become one of my favourite activities since its introduction. So long as the fight is fair."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #349 on: March 04, 2014, 03:00:58 AM »
>"Well, you did pretty good for yourself, looks like."

« Reply #350 on: March 04, 2014, 03:56:09 AM »
>"Well, you did pretty good for yourself, looks like."

>Honoka shakes her head. "The fight should still be going. Yuzuriha and Ranka together have enough skill and power to beat "World in Flames." Ranka alone has managed it. Only once, I admit, but the fact remains."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #351 on: March 04, 2014, 04:04:59 AM »
>"Maybe they just got tired of it?"
>"Speaking of Ranka, I hear she's a friend of yours?"

« Reply #352 on: March 04, 2014, 04:13:47 AM »
>"Maybe they just got tired of it?"
>"Speaking of Ranka, I hear she's a friend of yours?"

>"It is possible." Honoka admits. "Perhaps I should reserve that card for opponents closer to my level."
>She nods. "Indeed. We have been friends for centuries."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #353 on: March 04, 2014, 04:20:36 AM »
>Chuckle.
>"Word has it that it's a lot more than that~"

« Reply #354 on: March 04, 2014, 04:49:43 AM »
>Chuckle.
>"Word has it that it's a lot more than that~"

>Honoka's mouth opens and closes. "At times. At other times, not as much."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #355 on: March 04, 2014, 04:51:34 AM »
>Give her an understanding pat on the shoulder.
>"Heh, that's a shame. I was entertaining thoughts of trying for her myself."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #356 on: March 04, 2014, 04:59:00 AM »
I don't think that's the right way to phrase this.
>Don't say that just yet.

How about this?
>"Oh? I see. Ranka is very attractive ... I wonder how available she is?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:03:08 AM by O4rfish »

« Reply #357 on: March 04, 2014, 05:36:03 AM »
>"Oh? I see. Ranka is very attractive ... I wonder how available she is?"

>Honoka's face twists into a half smile. "As available as a summer wind." she replies with a quiet chuckle. "From the way you asked, I am guessing you are more than simply casually curious?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #358 on: March 04, 2014, 05:40:59 AM »
>"Shhhh."
>Wink.

« Reply #359 on: March 04, 2014, 06:03:49 AM »
>"Shhhh."
>Wink.

>Honoka chuckles quietly again. "I shall take that as a yes?"