Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 66283 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #450 on: November 22, 2013, 08:01:47 AM »
I think that in theory it's not a bad plan NNR...but I don't have enough faith in DNA or his alignment.  There's just so many things that can go wrong with it.
All we could do would be to draw a conclusion on if DNA even has shots, scum could shoot Dan to screw with us.  I suppose if he lives to D3 he's either scum, or DNA can't shoot, or scumdoc protected him.  If he dies with another flip then DNA is either vig or SK.  I mean ideally he'd be RIP by the end of N2 regardless, but I dislike any plan that the worst case scenario wasn't taken into account for.

However I do like the idea of lynching him later since then we have more people alive&contributing to lynch someone that we're less certain of the alignment for.  It's just that if Dan is still alive tomorrow we can't draw any real conclusions because of how many role variables there are with respect to what could happen :/

On Zakeri, D2 is really really unsubstantial and aside from that...I don't really see anything solid I can point out.  It's a very...safe approach.  My gut is still screaming that he's scum (there is a reason for this that will become clear eventually!) but it's not as solid a read as it used to be. ##Unvote
##Vote: Schezo

SB has been pretty quiet D2 as well, but #375 is good.  Just need to remember he actually exists now  :V

-cut by >__>-
In that case
##Unvote
##Vote:ActionDan

-cuts while checking for votecounts-
##Unvote because NNR counted and reached the same "that'd almost hammer/would hammer" tally I did.  Consider it a tentative on ActionDan or Schezo depending on how the rest of the day plays out.

Going to go to sleep now, if I did my tired math right I'll be back with plenty of time to deadline but I don't trust my tired math very much.  Might only be back with a few hours left: but I will be back.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #451 on: November 22, 2013, 08:54:33 AM »
I feel like I disappeared for a while.
Either way, my thoughts surround Dan haven't really changed, but I'm wondering how much interest there is in lynching Darkninjaabc.
Because I kind of really want to swing my vote towards him and Zakeri.

Actually, no, fuck it.
##Unvote
##Vote Darkninjaabc

I think that this is a much more useful lynch than lynching Dan.
Also, if Darkninjaabc is scum which I'm pretty sure is pretty likely I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Dan really is a miller and Zakeri is scum too.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #452 on: November 22, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
Like this guy is literally screwing with us and you didn't lynch him D1 I don't even know what the fuck guys.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #453 on: November 22, 2013, 09:09:49 AM »
He basically rode the waves of the Dan wagon while doing nothing but mocking Dan which is the worst shit what even the fuck.
And to make this worse just look at the "case" he made about how Dan is obviously caught scum and I am obviously Dan's buddy here.
Like how does this even make sense? I think that this guy was overexcited about having Dan being caught by the tracker to even consider anything but the easy lynch.

You also have the guy's myriad of bullshit claims which he's actually claimed as being nothing but bullshit.
I fail to see how doing this would benefit town in any way, shape, or form.
All it does is spread confusion, and he should die for it.

Also, look at his most recent post regarding votes going onto Zakeri.
Despite the fact that there isn't really a wagon on Zakeri and it looked like Dan was probably going to end up being today's lynch the guy suddenly calls out the Zakeri wagon for being bullshit.
So it's like, what the fuck dude? Who are the scum pushing the Zakeri wagon?
I think that this was a panicked defence of Zakeri, who is likely scum anyway.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #454 on: November 22, 2013, 12:33:41 PM »
You know me better than this.

I can and will wall on phones if i have the moviation

I told you i am just a vt. After two games if first one being a bastard cop and second game being scum blocker. I feel its totes justified i am not posting as hard.

I also have irl. I am saying you are the one spreafing last minute confusion. If you are going to use well hes not here as an argument at least check my online times and duration. Its just town is going so horribly off that i used what five mins i have to spell something up. All i see is a bunch of chain jumping off the obvscum lynch because of my mock claim. I expected a playerbase which goes as far to assert night spirit is scum already understood the painfully obvious challange on the flawed role pm. I will gladly play your game when i am actualkt not busy. Like now
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #455 on: November 22, 2013, 12:38:42 PM »
lol

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #456 on: November 22, 2013, 01:28:22 PM »
Would lynch DNA for being not-a-vig and deliberately obfuscating people's abilities to read him with all this back-and-forth role nonsense since the beginning of the game.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #457 on: November 22, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »
question:

Did you understand the risks of fake-claiming DNA when you mentioned you were a 2-shot vig?

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #458 on: November 22, 2013, 02:39:59 PM »
>says the one who claims to be a miller after getting caught
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #459 on: November 22, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »
Although in all regards the Darkie situation is hilarious, alebit I still think it's diverting warranted attention from Dan. I feel vindictive that people were questioning my motives earlier because I missed the now-fake clam.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #460 on: November 22, 2013, 03:09:10 PM »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #461 on: November 22, 2013, 04:04:11 PM »
what the fuck why can we rewind to before I went to bed when things were okay

now I just want to nuke half the playerlist like it's defcon mafia again
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #462 on: November 22, 2013, 04:09:44 PM »
I foresee town losing this game because the scum is being scummy but the town is even scummier.

I'm just going to pray we get the scummy scum lynched before the scummy town. x_x

Would probably be votechanging to ActionDan to get him out of the way (half the playerlist or more, whether town or scum, guaranteed won't be able to move on from this until we lynch him and he's not exactly a townie beacon of light) except idk if that'd hammer him so yeah.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #463 on: November 22, 2013, 05:14:25 PM »
And dude. I am vt. I am but mocking dan for the ridicukous claim. My confirm post is crumb to me being vt
Oh, for crying out loud. No wonder I decided not to read your posts.
And your confirm post was nonsense too. You said you couldn't talk or vote. Don't even try to say that anything in that post was meant to be serious.

All i see is a bunch of chain jumping off the obvscum lynch because of my mock claim.
Yes. Two dead scum is better than one dead scum. We've all but confirmed one, so since we thought we could kill another, we're looking for another. What the heck did you expect to come from a bogus claim other than confusion?

Seriously considering lynching Darkie now, but since that makes about three or four different people to seriously consider lynching I'm not going to do more than mention it. Having three viable wagons to choose between is bad enough.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #464 on: November 22, 2013, 05:28:42 PM »
Lemme see if I can gather the votes for a second because all this back-and-forth has left me completely lost

ActionDan (3) - Schezo, Darkninjaabc, NekoNekoRex
Zakeri (3) - Kilgamayan, Serious Bananas, Cheez8
I have no name (3) - Sky_Paladin, ActionDan, Serela
Darkninjaabc (1) -  Dormio
Not Voting (2): , Zakeri, I have no name

really
wow, okay then.

Also I don't think IHNN is all that suspicious. If I had to choose one of these potential lynches to break apart it would definitely be him.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #465 on: November 22, 2013, 05:39:59 PM »
...Either I'm completely off or both NNR and IHNN were completely mistaken/worried about bringing Dan or Schezo or whoever to L-2 because nobody even has half the votes they need to be lynched at this point.

...Actually no, looking back, somehow with all of the vote switching both of their votes would have reached L-1 I think? No, NNR's wouldn't have and then he realized it and voted Dan and then it was at L-2 and then IHNN decided on voting for Dan but decided to unvote because he didn't want Dan to be at L-1, except he was already voting Dan, so he put Dan at L-3 from that.

What the heck are you guys doing?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #466 on: November 22, 2013, 05:49:34 PM »
I would rather not lynch IHNN unless Dan flips town. I have serious doubts they are of the same alignment, given how IHNN reacted to the miller claim and their subsequent interactions today.

I'm also not particularly happy with NNR suggesting (before DNA changed his claim again) that we should have let Dan survive the day so DNA could shoot him tonight. Thou shalt not suffer scum to live. There are too many unknowns at play overnight to entrust the taking of a scum's life to a vig. There's also no vindication to be had to missing a DNA claim that later turned out to be fake - the idea is that you should have caught the claim the first time around because you should have been reading the guy closely because you allegedly think he's scum. The claim being reveals as fake after the fact doesn't change any of that.

As long as I'm here, I'd like to point out that Zakeri has spent the entire game day not actually scumhunting and the day is close to over.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #467 on: November 22, 2013, 05:52:29 PM »
(In before I get socially strung up for trying to line up lynches)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #468 on: November 22, 2013, 06:08:15 PM »
No, you're right, I should be a good person and ignore the reasons I was thinking Zak was town because he practically dropped off the face of the earth now. They were stupid reasons I was too ashamed to admit anyway.

Yeah so we're lynching Dan today and Zak tomorrow.

##unvote ##Vote ActionDan

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #469 on: November 22, 2013, 06:08:47 PM »
Kilga, are you preferring a Dan lynch or a Zakeri lynch? 

Zakeri was my second pick after IHNN and, as you have noted, actually hasn't done anything pretty much this whole game. 

I would be happy to vote for either one of them.  I wanted to make my case on IHNN though as I only had so-much time and energy and it felt like he was slipping through the cracks.  Others (Dormio and yourself iirc) already alerted about Zakeri. 

I was specifically looking for a case from IHNN that was better than the one I had on him before I switched my vote.  It seems he has settled for the easyvote on Dan, though, so I don't think it will be forthcoming.  Also, whilst I don't like IHNN style of posting, he has at least made more of an effort than many others. 

I'll get a chance to check the thread tomorrow a few hours before phase end.  I understand you're not keen on the IHNN lynch but I'm not clear - is it because you're intending to lynch Dan? 

I'm really tired.  Maybe this isn't clear. 

Let's try direct. 

I would rather not lynch IHNN unless Dan flips town. I have serious doubts they are of the same alignment, given how IHNN reacted to the miller claim and their subsequent interactions today.

Watching IHNN jump on Dan when he got a few votes was reasonable.  If we lynched Dan and he flipped town, is it scummy for IHNN?  What if we lynched IHNN and he flipped town?  Is it scummy for Dan?  I don't see the correlation.  If one of them is scum they will both naturally want to kill the other one.  But if they are both town, they could still want to kill each other if they believe the other is scum.  Or if they think they can make a better case and save their neck. 

Zakeri appears unrelated to this whole mess.  Actually they haven't voted yet.  Or maybe they voted earlier in the day and cancelled their vote, but I don't recall seeing it.  Out of the three, which flip will give the town most information? 

Then there's DNA. 

Well it's 3 am.  I really can't bear to look at a DNA post right now.  That shit will haunt my dreams.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #470 on: November 22, 2013, 06:11:03 PM »
Ah I'm too tired.  I don't know what I'm even saying anymore.  This whole day phase has been surreal.  I want to do an ISO of every body and then do vote analysis and a check and back and forth of who voted where but damn.  I feel so burned out. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #471 on: November 22, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »
Where are the Votals
ActionDan (4) - Schezo, Darkninjaabc, NekoNekoRex, Serela
Zakeri (3) - Kilgamayan, Serious Bananas, Cheez8
I have no name (2) - Sky_Paladin, ActionDan
Darkninjaabc (1) - Dormio
Not Voting (2): Zakeri, I have no name

~5 and a half hours.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #472 on: November 22, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
My vote right now is on Zakeri and not Dan, so :V

I am willing to vote for Dan to secure a lynch if necessary but admittedly still have some small nurgling doubts about him. Zakeri had a highly questionable D1 and has followed it by doing nothing meaningful today, which makes me feel a lot better about his being scum.

Fake edit: Read my #416 for why I think TownDan implies ScumIHNN. I'm also uninteresting in voting for who gives the most info. Vote for the scummiest.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #473 on: November 22, 2013, 06:24:56 PM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15898.msg1046566.html#msg1046566

Yay phoneposting! There's a real link to my #416.

Will be on my phone until deadline.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #474 on: November 22, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »
Oh, if people would actually be okay with seriously lynching Zak today that's good too.

I was kind of assuming people voting Zakeri were doing it with the assumption we were still actually lynching AD but just giving opinions on others too.

##unvote ActionDan ##vote Zakeri

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #475 on: November 22, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »
##Vote: ActionDan

When I didn't vote it would have been to L-2, which would have enabled a self-hammer to deny talking time.

« Reply #476 on: November 22, 2013, 08:06:18 PM »
Might as well lay it down since it's not with 12 hours of the day.

##Vote: Actiondan

Sorry for being completely useless (I know thats a large part of why I'm still a wagon) but considering Dan is pretty much confirmed scum, I figure I have enough room to squeeze by one more day.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #477 on: November 22, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
I'm laughing at everyone who keeps saying "he's gonna selfhammer!" since
No. He won't.
Doing so would be so in optimal as scum he almost got out of this wagon.
So plz. Stop toting it around like it was a good thing.

Real post responding to doorknob 1 and 2 is going to have to wait a bit longer as I can't now and may miss deadline.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #478 on: November 22, 2013, 08:46:29 PM »
I'm laughing at everyone who keeps saying "he's gonna selfhammer!" since
No. He won't.
Whether he would have or not, the option was still there&he had self-voted at one point.