Author Topic: What If ... v. 4.0 Shoot the Bullet  (Read 119875 times)

Re: What If ... v. 4.0 Shoot the Bullet
« Reply #360 on: April 30, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »
What if there was Touhou Pinball?

The balls would be kedama, and you'd fight against Yukari.

What if Awesome Yukurri's? [sic]

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
« Reply #361 on: April 30, 2014, 03:38:10 PM »
Implying that yukkuris aren't already awesome.

What if we had a Touhou Baseball?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #362 on: April 30, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »
Implying that yukkuris aren't already awesome.

What if we had a Touhou Baseball?

...The game would go on forever unless Yukari revoked people's flight for the duration of the game.

What if the Touhou cast went up against the Mario cast in a game of baseball? NO FLIGHT.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

« Reply #363 on: April 30, 2014, 08:59:24 PM »
What if the Touhou cast went up against the Mario cast in a game of baseball? NO FLIGHT.

Teruyo would prove herself as the better pretty, pink, badass princess.

What if Touhou Football?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #364 on: April 30, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
Teruyo would prove herself as the better pretty, pink, badass princess.

What if Touhou Football?

...CAREFUL~ I could have gone for the cop-out and brought up Touhou Soccer.

I won't.

Suika wins. Easily. All on her lonesome.

What if the Touhou cast had Nobodies?

(Not actually my question, this was given to me by Haseokingoflight on Youtube, who commented on me "Giving them a nightmarish image of Marluxia with huge boobs" after I pointed out the similarities between him and Komachi, ESPECIALLY how he fights in Chain of Memories.)
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

FlareDragon

• Gensokyo's Infernal Hellstorm
  • When will you come to Gensokyo, Satsuki Rin?
« Reply #365 on: May 01, 2014, 09:06:02 AM »
Well then Gensokyo would be screwed because the appearance of Nobodies means Darkness is around...and that means EXRumia!
Then Marisa and Sora would team up (why no Reimu? Too lazy XD)

What if the next Touhou game was like a Disney story?
Normal 1CC's: SoEW, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, GFW, TD, HM, DDC, ULiL, LoLK(PD), CtC |IaMP|
Hard 1CC's: EoSD, PCB, MoF, IN(B), TD, LoLK(PD), |???|
Lunatic 1CC's: None
Extra 1CC's: SoEW, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF(NB), SA, UFO, GFW, TD, DDC, CtC, LoLK, |???|

« Reply #366 on: May 01, 2014, 01:16:26 PM »
"Sakuyarella" - the story of a young woman who is abused by her mistress. Conclusion - she likes it, so they all live happily ever after.

"Letty Whiterock and the Nine Kobitos" - the evil Akis are jealous of Letty's (slightly) larger fanbase. They send a youkai exterminator to beat her up. Conclusion - Spring comes, so Letty dissappears half way through the story.

"The Rebellious Mermaid" - Wakasagihme decides to leave the Misty Lake and explore Gensokyo. Conclusion - Wakasagihme gets beat up by a miko/witch/maid before she leaves stage 1.

"Gyro-Frozen" - The strongest fairy must leave Gensokyo lest she lose control of her mysterious power. Conclusion - She learns the true meaning of love... through a series of danmaku battles.

"The Hermit King" - After the Taoists lost the popularity wars, Futo fled Gensokyo and met air of eccentric outsiders. Conclusion - Nobody in Gensokyo notices, but the fanbase weeps for years.

What if Mokou and Kaguya replaced the gym leaders in Saffron City? (Pokemon)
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #367 on: May 01, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »
What if Mokou and Kaguya replaced the gym leaders in Saffron City? (Pokemon)

Pok?mon battle to the DEATH!

What if Reimu was actually the Hakurei Deity?

« Reply #368 on: May 01, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »
She still wouldn't receive any donations.

What if the next game had a PC-98 character, but it was the Five Magical Stones?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2014, 05:45:10 PM »
All the Mima fans (me included) would be "The Stones are in 15, Mima confirmed for Touhou 16!"  We'd probably be wrong.

What if industrial metal became a thing in Touhou? (Rammstein, Eisbrecher, etc.)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #370 on: May 01, 2014, 09:46:15 PM »
Cue Mystia, the Prismrivers, Raiko, and that-one-sound-related-youkai-from-the-Myoren-Temple-who's-name-escapes-me getting together and doing a cover of Du Hast.

What if Mima and Patchouli got together and started a school that educated people in the arcane arts?

Monkeypro257

« Reply #371 on: May 01, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »
Marisa,Alice, and Yumemi will be banned for obvious reasons while everyone else gets a clean state in learning about Pajamas,PC-98 canon, and Magic from useless Grimoires they don't use anymore.

What if Benben met with Ben Drowned? :3

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #372 on: May 01, 2014, 11:33:50 PM »
BENBEN DROWNED
YOURTURNSISTER

What if Windows Marisa turns out to have been Mima in disguise this whole time?

« Reply #373 on: May 01, 2014, 11:43:47 PM »
What if Windows Marisa turns out to have been Mima in disguise this whole time?

It'd somehow make the Mimites even worse, despite Windows! Marisa acting and basically being the same as Mima in personality, cosmosality, and magicality.

What if Yuyukirby?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #374 on: May 02, 2014, 01:34:11 AM »
Then this fangame but with Yuyukirby instead of Yuyuko. (Which reminds me, I should probably take that project off hiatus and resume work on it soon...)

What if Eirin started an shady new illegal drug cartel?

« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2014, 02:50:43 AM »
What if Eirin started a shady new illegal drug cartel?

She'd deal exclusively in methamphetamine.
Suppositories.

What if Yuyuko of the Netherworld didn't control like crap and had smaller hitboxes? (Bad, slow flying and an unwieldy hitbox are the most obvious problems I noticed while playing. Generally fun though.)

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #376 on: May 07, 2014, 04:59:53 PM »
It would probably be easier?

What if Seija flipped MoTK over?

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #377 on: May 07, 2014, 05:52:39 PM »
Then it would be "Kaleidoscopes of the Maiden" - a website for pretty refractive tools manufactured  by hand.

What if Keine discovered Legacy of Kain (especially the plot).

« Reply #378 on: May 07, 2014, 08:06:37 PM »
What if Keine discovered Legacy of Kain (especially the plot).

This:

Legacy of Keine

The series takes place in the fictional land of Gensokyo?a bright, Japanese fantasy setting?and revolves around the half-hakutaku Keine Kamishirasawa's quest to defy her fate of only appearing in three official games and restore balance to the timeline. Legacy of Keine: Loup-Garou Lady introduced another antihero protagonist, the werewolf Kagerou Imaizumi; the adventures of both characters culminate in Legacy of Keine: Half Beasts' Conversion. Themes of teaching, hairiness, life, Team ⑨, and CAVING recur in the storyline, which was inspired by Japanese literature, science fiction, house-shaped hats and Shintoism. The Legacy of Keine games have enjoyed critical success in the indie scene, particularly receiving praise for its high-quality music and writing, and, as a whole, had sold over 3.5 million copies as of 2007.

What if http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com (TriforceBun) discovered Touhou?

Also, how 2 name links?

FlareDragon

« Reply #379 on: May 08, 2014, 12:44:22 PM »
I would imagine it'd be similar to Walfas, only the Nintendo gang would be able to visit every-so-often
...although, this looks like it may have a certain eyeball tank in a panel...

Also, to make a named link, you type [ u r l  =  (link) ] (name you want to give it) [ / u r l ]

What if no-one in Gensokyo could fly? (except 2hus like Mystica, Wriggle and Yukari, the first 2 who have wings and the latter who can use their natural power to create their own seat). This includes Reimu, but Marisa can still use her broom
Normal 1CC's: SoEW, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, GFW, TD, HM, DDC, ULiL, LoLK(PD), CtC |IaMP|
Extra 1CC's: SoEW, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF(NB), SA, UFO, GFW, TD, DDC, CtC, LoLK, |???|

« Reply #380 on: May 08, 2014, 02:12:05 PM »
What if no-one in Gensokyo could fly? (except 2hus like Mystica, Wriggle and Yukari, the first 2 who have wings and the latter who can use their natural power to create their own seat). This includes Reimu, but Marisa can still use her broom

Basically Guwange, it being a Japanese-themed run-and-gun shooter by Cave.

What if Touhou Zelda based on A Link Between Worlds?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #381 on: May 08, 2014, 03:22:38 PM »
This includes Reimu, but Marisa can still use her broom

I would like to point out an error. I'm pretty sure it was canonically stated somewhere that Marisa's broom has no special properties, and she can in fact do it with any broom. This makes it part of the "flight power", and as such nullified as well.

FlareDragon

« Reply #382 on: May 09, 2014, 07:33:32 AM »
I would like to point out an error. I'm pretty sure it was canonically stated somewhere that Marisa's broom has no special properties, and she can in fact do it with any broom. This makes it part of the "flight power", and as such nullified as well.
Hmm...this is true, though what traditional western-looking witch is without her flying broom? But your point is still true
Basically Guwange, it being a Japanese-themed run-and-gun shooter by Cave.

What if Touhou Zelda based on A Link Between Worlds?
It would take place in So-Kyogen, where Sakuya is the hero/maidbutler-in-training Link, Zelda's the Dead Princess Remilia (would that make Impa Patchouli?), the witch apprentice is obviously ordinary Marisa and Ravio would be Yumeko dressed up as Kogasa (surprise!)

What if Rika got a modern appearance? (Sorry Mima. Rika's my fave)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #383 on: May 09, 2014, 12:03:08 PM »
Hmm...this is true, though what traditional western-looking witch is without her flying broom? But your point is still true

Which is exactly why Marisa does it, best I  can tell. Same for her getup. She likes looking the stereotype.

« Reply #384 on: May 09, 2014, 01:11:15 PM »
Either the fandom would rejoice if official (PC-98 appearance!) or they would brush it off if fandom (cause we already have an Alphes lookalike, and nobody needs a ZUNart lookalike).

What if all the shikigami rebelled?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #385 on: May 09, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
We get another game with Yukari as a playable character.
I dunno if this idea hasn't been entertained before, but what if the PC-98 games were set in the distant past and the Reimu and Marisa of the Windows games are reincarnations of their PC-98 selves?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:26:03 PM by Leonard-Helsing »

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #386 on: May 09, 2014, 04:17:29 PM »
That explains why PC-98 Reimu never bugs people for donations.

What if the plot of Touhou has been moving backwards the whole time? (DDC -> HM -> TD -> so on until HRtP)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #387 on: May 09, 2014, 04:19:33 PM »
That explains why PC-98 Reimu never bugs people for donations.

What if the plot of Touhou has been moving backwards the whole time? (DDC -> HM -> TD -> so on until HRtP)

Then everyone must be TIME TRAVELERS, since several games reference earlier ones (Alice knows Reimu in 7, Kanako is responsible for Utsuho in 11, Sanae fights alongside Reimu after 10...)

What if Eggman and Wily invaded Gensokyo?

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #388 on: May 10, 2014, 01:27:27 AM »
...although, this(used to be link) looks like it may have a certain eyeball tank in a panel...

Just a quick thing. The characters are different, one on the right is from Kirby and was in the comic in question. This is one of the very, very few (if any others even exist) pictures involving the two together. They're also not as fancy. I just felt like I should point this out.

So as to not derail, they might get out-science'd by Yumemi or Nitori. Or Yumemi might team up with them for a big comeback. She did build a robot maid, so three robot makers invading Gensokyo. That would be interesting. And Yumemi would probably be annoyed by Eggman's bumbling (unless it's Robotnik, who is superior and not generally as bumbling). Either way, Aya and Utsuho would probably dye themselves blue and call themselves the Blue Blur and the Blue Bomber (because nuclear explosions) and go beat the transdimensional scientists up.

What if Orks bring a Waaaaaagh!! to Gensokyo? Especially Former Hell?

« Reply #389 on: May 10, 2014, 11:24:25 AM »
What if Orks bring a Waaaaaagh!! to Gensokyo? Especially Former Hell?

Suika and Yuugi invade and kill everyone hold moar parties get drunk as ass.

What if Zun's wife was actually Shameimaru? (Have we even really seen her ears?)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:26:31 AM by Sssgth »