Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Thread 1 (Locked)  (Read 60385 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Episode 2.5, The Tsundere Queen Appears!
« Reply #780 on: October 25, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »
welcome to all the new replacements btw :>

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #781 on: October 25, 2013, 10:31:15 PM »
i don't see why you can't just lynch mafia today and play to your town wincon instead of your itp one

unless you only have an itp wincon??

Conqueror

« Reply #782 on: October 25, 2013, 10:39:04 PM »
no, it's not that >_>
it's almost literally the same result unless whoever i target is bp though and it prevents some of you from going down paranoia paths that lead nowhere
but lynching is more straightforward i agree

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

« Reply #783 on: October 25, 2013, 10:39:22 PM »
unvoting at L-1 is basically a kneejerk reaction `_`

if we suddenly reach a climax without enough rising action then that's totally not interesting. we need to up the tension more. preferably with an actual post from dan that talks about things.

« Reply #784 on: October 25, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »
wait........ zakeri r u scum  :o

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #785 on: October 25, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »
Backflip's Back, Alright!

Song: Koi wo Hajimeyou

ActionDan (4) - Serela, I have no name, huhwhat, Zakeri
Serela (3) - Darkninjaabc, NekoNekoRex, Sky Paladin
NekoNekoRex (1) - Conqueror
Zakeri (1) - Shadoweh
Not Voting: ActionDan, Polaris

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(54%)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
ActionDan is at L-2

« Reply #786 on: October 25, 2013, 10:57:49 PM »
As for why I suddenly changed my mind about Zak being scum, it's because it looks like Zak is looking for things to point out as weird just to look active without necessarily looking for a broader perspective on life, where life is a metaphor for mafia. I am only able to say this because I am the target of half of his most recent post, wherein it looks like he points out things out of obligation as opposed to actual suspicion.

It reminds me of scum!Dorian all the way back in, what was it, IHNN's final fantasy XXXVII mafia `_`

Conqueror

« Reply #787 on: October 25, 2013, 10:57:53 PM »
polaris what did you think about the circumstances around cf7's claim?

granted all of this probably doesn't mean anything
I agree. But on a more serious note:
NNR is also really blatantly town because as scum he'd be self-conscious about being caught, not about play quality. If somebody insulted his play he'd just be "whatever I'm scum" or get offended BUT keep it to the scum QT. I also think he would've jumped on Darkninja D1 instead of just being admonishing; NNR likes to vote people who are playing objectively badly when he's scum.
1) What's the difference between being self-conscious about being caught and being self-conscious about play quality? I have no idea what this is supposed to mean because if the quality of your play is low you're more likely to get caught.
2) Let's approach this from the other direction. As town has NNR ever resorted to blatant appeasement to people he isn't reading as town? Remember that at the time Vhaltz called him out he was reading the Mitsuki slot as scummy enough that that's where his vote was going on D2. What changed there?
3) Also, why does it matter if he dropped darkninja on D1 if he went for CF7 instead as his play was more "objectively bad"?

NNR's vote on Serela at this point is pretty much a park. darkninja already clarified from the start of his claim that he searches for any non-town wincons.
I am also a watered down cop, with the ability to investigate for any not pro-town motives.
there's no reason to wait for that when it's been in the thread the entire time.

Vhaltz what's your expert opinion on Prims since you've supposedly had a 100% track record on reading him? Also, which Serela crumbs are you referring to because I can't be arsed to go back in Serela's iso and check

cutting myself

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #788 on: October 25, 2013, 11:03:45 PM »
wait........ zakeri r u scum  :o
yes lets lynch him
seriously though this Dan rush doesn't feel cool he told us he wouldn't be here

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #789 on: October 25, 2013, 11:04:34 PM »
as I recall CF7 was at L-2 and claimed without being prompted to. CF7 seemed super eager to lie about his role and pretend to be vanilla town, in any case. Honestly I don't see why town wouldn't want to mention a everyone-gets-nighttalk role, since town can't use it if they don't know about it. That combined with the fact that the mod's tacit approval of nighttalk makes me paranoid that a role like that should have some sort of consequence.

cut by shadoweh: ##Vote: Zakeri

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #790 on: October 25, 2013, 11:07:35 PM »
Honestly I don't see why town wouldn't want to mention a everyone-gets-nighttalk role, since town can't use it if they don't know about it.
Because if scum knows about it they can kill it dead.  Not that that's likely because the slot isn't a strong player >_>

Shadoweh there comes a point where IRL circumstances don't override scumminess.  Why is Zakeri scummy, because I'm not seeing it?

« Reply #791 on: October 25, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »
Why does Vhaltz's meta-opinion on me matter but not my meta-opinion on NNR :colbert:

NNR's response to Vhaltzuki doesn't make sense as appeasement because the post where they insulted his play also said they thought he was town even though he was playing badly. Scum can speak objectively about the play of townies; his read on them wouldn't have affected his reaction.

3) is a meta-tell but as far as I can see NNR didn't actually suspect darkninja at all.

« Reply #792 on: October 25, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »
I do wish NNR would POST though, he feels like a background presence even if he's probably town

Conqueror

« Reply #793 on: October 25, 2013, 11:16:11 PM »
dan hasn't posted for over 36 hours but he's been online since then so i guess he could have just been stalling for time earlier? i think as town he'd at least have taken the effort to pop in and say he was proddodging or make some comment about the wagons.

Prims are you conftown? Yeah I thought so get back in your room. B)
I am taking your opinion on NNR into account, but with a grain of salt.
And fine, maybe it's not appeasement but I think you're shoehorning your explanation onto something that doesn't necessarily fit it. My point is that if he were scumreading Mitsuki's slot, then I don't think he would have their opinion of his play at face value. I know if someone tried to dismiss me as "town playing bad" I'd get mad at them, especially if I were town (if I were scum I'd be more likely to go with the flow or take advantage of that statement somehow which looks like what NNR is doing; feels like an act). Doubly so if I were scumreading them, then I'd think they were scum trying to discredit me.

Conqueror

« Reply #794 on: October 25, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
shadoweh you realize his birthday is gone and past right

« Reply #795 on: October 25, 2013, 11:20:32 PM »
Prims are you conftown?
yes :)

I just think it makes sense for town!NNR to react like that given a lack of self-confidence in his play I've seen him have in the past.

I probably am shoehorning my explanation because I'm trying to put a very strong gut read into words.

Conqueror

« Reply #796 on: October 25, 2013, 11:21:51 PM »
I get what you're saying, but meta is also dumb and so I want to see what NNR actually posts.

I wonder what shadoweh and zak have to say to each other that their scumlists (at some point in the day) were the other person + Dan + Validon.

Zak doesn't fake confusion as scum, he's not Serela. imo it's pretty blatant he's just his wordvomit obvtown self from recent games. you were his buddy in GHW you should know this :colbert:
zak mostly reads the same to me either way tbh. could you explain what you mean by this?

Conqueror

« Reply #797 on: October 25, 2013, 11:24:24 PM »
hey polly are you town?

« Reply #798 on: October 25, 2013, 11:27:17 PM »
yes, but are you town?????

« Reply #799 on: October 25, 2013, 11:27:47 PM »
this might not be meta so much as just knowing him better than everybody else but eh

I really think Zak is just his typical town self and people are misreading him because he's inactive and saying silly things (see: last game). Or at least I did but I just remembered Villains was a game that happened and he was super confused there so maybe you have a point and this is a dumb read. but even then I don't think anything he's done looks like it has scum intent?

« Reply #800 on: October 25, 2013, 11:28:07 PM »
first part of the above post is about NNR, not zak

Conqueror

« Reply #801 on: October 25, 2013, 11:28:52 PM »
protown sk at your service  ;)

maybe ill read villains then since we still have like 9000 hours left

Conqueror

« Reply #802 on: October 25, 2013, 11:32:38 PM »
admittedly polly's point on cf7 does make some sort of sense, but if he was lying to begin with why did he end up giving in and telling everyone there was night talk?

« Reply #803 on: October 25, 2013, 11:38:11 PM »
prob because people kept pressuring him that it was role madness so he had to claim something to save face?

« Reply #804 on: October 25, 2013, 11:43:04 PM »
Looked at Zak's ISO again and didn't find any problems with his posts. The scummiest thing he's done is skip N0 imo.

Maybe move him down to neutral at worst, but I'm still not reading him as scum. Not even seeing Polly's "he's just forcing his opinions" case. I think Zak is just demotivated and Polly is arguing that his demotivation is a lack of conviction (which it very well could be, but in a null way).

« Reply #805 on: October 25, 2013, 11:46:09 PM »
darn it huh what that makes too much sense.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #806 on: October 25, 2013, 11:52:31 PM »
Dark:Everyone else (yay!) has explained why me fullclaiming is neither necessary nor is my lack of doing so scummy. This makes me happy :D

Even with meta wild guessing aside, the major point I have always made on you is how you have lurked through a major portion of d1, and just spontaneously came to life in d2 once arguments have been made on you, which is pretty damning evidence considering how carefree after lynch and that your intial attitude with either wagons being quite emotionally invested, or such that you would want us to believe.
As I said several times before, I went to sleep, woke up with a very small amount of time before I had to leave for work and didn't remember I should check on mafia first. When my shift ended the day was already over. You can choose not to believe this (I certainly have no proof and could be making it up), but the thing is- I don't know what kind of scum motivation there'd really be for lurking through the end of the day when I didn't disagree with a Raikaria lynch at any point (before I went to bed I said my gut was going for it) and could have easily just hopped on him like literally almost everyone else did.

tl;dr it would have been trivially easy for me to make good posts at that point, is it that hard to believe I actually forgot about mafia in the 15-ish free minutes I had between waking up and going to work? Normally I wouldn't even argue about accidentally lurking (because normally there's no way to defend yourself for it) but in this case it's pretty hard to imagine why I would do it as scum. It would have been -so easy- to jump on Raikaria with everyone else, whereas lurking through the whole end day is guaranteed to make people mad at me.
Worse still, you have never explained the crumbs for your lurk in d1,
huh ??? What are you talking about?
detailing your thoughts at the time, which is a thing I have asked you to tell us since in literally almost every single goddamn post I made.
Wait what you have? ??? Seriously, I haven't ever seen you do this. >_> Maybe I'm being stupid but I'm drawing a big blank here.

The rest of Darkie's post is just rehashing what he's already said (mostly seems to be mad I haven't fullclaimed but that's already addressed) and that I've never made good detailed cases.
I have two rebuttals to that.
1.Cases don't have to be big or detailed to adequately explain why someone is scum
2.My stuff on actiondan doesn't count as a case? Everyone else is pretty satisfied to vote him with a short comment of explanation why (And that's honestly okay because it's pretty transparent) but I'm actually the person going around yelling at people who disagree he's worth lynching and giving good, concise explanations why he's scummy.

Also the fact that now it's been almost 2 days since ActionDan has posted, uhhhhhhh, people waiting on him to post should probably just admit he's scum who gave up.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #807 on: October 25, 2013, 11:58:10 PM »
also yes shadoweh the dan thing happened -two- days ago, not last night

it's been like 43 hours since he last posted

Polly has good reasons on why you would vote CF7, the sad thing is that last game CF7 had some critical claim malfunctioning so unfortunately we have a rare situation of "as town he maybe could have really done this", although it's still pretty hard to believe that's true
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #808 on: October 26, 2013, 12:00:30 AM »
Vhaltz what's your expert opinion on Prims since you've supposedly had a 100% track record on reading him? Also, which Serela crumbs are you referring to because I can't be arsed to go back in Serela's iso and check

Mitsuki is significantly better at this than I am. I take much longer than her to get to my accurate final read on him so even though I have a particular view of him right now I'm not sticking with it yet until the game moves along a little further.

Besides it's not like there's even a minimal chance for a Prims lynch only relying on my gut today given all the other popular targets that people want dead so just forget about him for now.

Crumbs are his ITP conditional crumb ED1 in response to Dark's jump on CF7 and his crumb about shooting Dan when Dan outed his crumb.

I'd appreciate it if you guys started using capitalization and stopped shitposting so much. What I skimmed in the latest posts has drained my will to read for the night because of how messy everything is. I've had trouble keeping up with mafia today altogether because my american cousin I haven't seen in 10 years is over for a visit so I'll just let mafia be for a bit and I'll check up on everything after #787 properly in 11-ish hours.

« Reply #809 on: October 26, 2013, 12:10:11 AM »
* Polaris flips hair
whatever vhaltz you're not my real dad, i can use lower case letters all i want

People posting in re the dan timeframe puts things into perspective, I guess seeing as discussion has stagnated we can just lynch Dan and get the day over with so that we have a fresh outlook on life tomorrow (where life is a metaphor for mafia).

and as such, this is how the episode ends: not with a bang, but a whimper.