Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Thread 1 (Locked)  (Read 60389 times)

Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Episode 2, The Mystery Continues!
« Reply #450 on: October 23, 2013, 12:44:23 AM »
makes me think this game has no ITP and just has one or several town with independent winning conditions that potentially cripple town to make life easier for the scums.

I'm pretty convinced about this actually. There is no ITP, only potentially traitor towns.

I'll confirm whether this still makes sense in my head tomorrow and possibly explain why. I'd do it now but I suspect I'm too sleep deprived to be sure to make a decision I wouldn't regret later.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #451 on: October 23, 2013, 12:49:46 AM »
Now I know I just said NNR's play is usually bad and his play is also bad this game, and therefore he is town...

...but I lied, he's actually scum (and his play is still bad)
Cool. I've been busy with school today and I've only really had time to pop in and make short posts (posts of which may also have not been the best use of time and energy), plus I remembered Prims is still hosting a game so now I have two of them at once to deal with.

Also my self esteem may have taken a hit somewhere along the line of being told the D1 play I was proud of was also bad.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go actually "be busy" instead now because I don't feel like dealing with this.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #452 on: October 23, 2013, 12:53:04 AM »
NNR, BT said he thought your play was nice! D:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #453 on: October 23, 2013, 01:01:03 AM »
Well if you're town you can get back here and play because no matter what I call your play you weren't just about to be quicklynched D2 like I was for being really stupid :V

It's also subjective in that it's just a matter of me not finding your tells helpful for my own scumhunting and that I therefore consider them bad.

If it makes you feel any better I was actually close to ragequitting somewhere in the 5 minutes before the flip, which would've been lame as fuck.

« Reply #454 on: October 23, 2013, 01:15:05 AM »
You do get this kind of thing in mafia sometimes. Conq just told me a minute ago that my defense was rubbish after I spent several hours writing it all up and defending it, you have to find a way to deal with this stuff, whether it's ignoring it or taking it as feedback or getting yourself pumped to prove that you're overall better than what one thing seemingly makes you. I feel bad for pretty much telling you to "deal with it" since I figure this is just a specific time where this is bringing you down when it normally wouldn't be because of circumstances, but really that's just what there is unless a person is comfortable being depressed all day every day.

I'm kind of forced to drop this for now because continuing a case after AtE just makes you feel like an asshole and I don't think being potentially right about a scum to lynch is worth the price of pushing further onto somebody who has stopped enjoying the game.

« Reply #455 on: October 23, 2013, 01:19:49 AM »
Also @Conq this appears to be what happens when I play aggressively so I'm just going to not do that anymore regardless of alignment.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #456 on: October 23, 2013, 01:21:50 AM »
NNR: I wouldn't say your play is bad exactly. The way you're posting makes it sound like you're disconnected with the game, so it's hard to regard you as townily even when you say sensible things. There's alot of will post laters. I think if you just seemed more invested in the game people would appreciate you better.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #457 on: October 23, 2013, 01:32:01 AM »
Oh Serela. I am just pointing out what looked like a potential crumb in light of Vhaltz's even new info for me.

also I wanted to make fun of you because I am mean

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #458 on: October 23, 2013, 01:35:26 AM »
Top scumpicks are Shadoweh, ActionDan, and Validon.

Anyone who's caught onto my usual method of starting day 2 will probably notice this list subtly mentions most of my town reads.

I know this by itself isn't satisfying after skipping the commercial breaks, but I can't find the power within me to focus so anything else I put into this post would pretty much be made up on the spot bullshit. I will definitely be looking into the three I mentions and giving reads on them sometime tomorrow afternoon (I'll walk to the library in the rain if that's what it takes to get it done by then).

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #459 on: October 23, 2013, 02:36:28 AM »
##Vote Shadoweh

As discussed.  I may yet change my vote.  I expected...I don't know.  Something else.  I can't quite put my finger on it but something is not quite right.

I'm surprised by the low casualties from last night.  How many scum are there usually for this amount of players?  I had expected two or even three dead today. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #460 on: October 23, 2013, 04:48:28 AM »
There's probably 3 scum, but the scumteam only gets one nightkill.

And I'm off to bed~ And then work tomorrow.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #461 on: October 23, 2013, 07:05:19 AM »
I know this by itself isn't satisfying after skipping the commercial breaks, but I can't find the power within me to focus so anything else I put into this post would pretty much be made up on the spot bullshit.

why didnt you post during the commercial break?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #462 on: October 23, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »
I'll be really really busy the next couple days. So i'd like to request a replacement.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #463 on: October 23, 2013, 10:23:23 AM »
Currently the list goes
Alive and L@dy
5. NNR
7. Sky Paladin
8. Validon98
13. Serela
14. Zakeri
----
this is my list of null reads. (imho)
to avoiding stirring up crap in our qt, i will refrain from telling the (possible) scum my reads on the rest of the people not on this list.

Sky Paladin originally stuck out like a sore thumb due to his weird lurkish behavior, but even now the major posts he has done are conclusions on what happened. While it does contain little original content of his own, I do read that as a townie who's trying to help. That said, it can also be a scumstrat to drag, despite unlikely. I will call him out later if he still doesn't hand us more of his reads, better yet if you guys do it for me. :V

NNR is plain weird in his cases and assumptions, I guess that makes him bad-town, or (fake) airhead-scum. Which I believe the former is much more likely. I would say that he's town given my current scene

Validon is slowly fading from my null read list. He's readable, but to construct a solid case its lacking a bit.

imho zakeri is just a bad townie, scum usually doesn't play that bad.

In the end, the one who irks me most is Serela. We are all pretty familiar with his playstyle, while I am nothing close to familiar on motk, I did read up a couple of his recent games and found that his attitude this time differs exponentially from his rest. His passive aggressiveness in making most of his posts and poorly disguised enthusiasm doesn't coordinate with his generally shy style of play. Moreover, he's now much more definite in calling people out, but has a big gap between in which he submits a sound logical case to convict said suspects he named, which causes me to further raise my alarm, it implies that he is being assisted, by scum.

I guess this is also the time to claim, I am in the neighbour Vhaltz mentioned, yet obviously we do not have any Serela in here. And I also have been spending my time to read up on previous games Serela has played, so that's another question on my relative inactivity since day 1 to conq. However, back to my case, Serela is no doubt a scum.

##Vote: Serela

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

« Reply #464 on: October 23, 2013, 12:52:06 PM »
I had already ISO'd Serela on my commuting to uni this morning but I just did it again after Dark's post and in the end I do have one thing that bugs me.

and then everyone realizes who the 4th qt member who never showed up is

I want to know ASAP whom you guessed was the 4th QT member and why.

« Reply #465 on: October 23, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »
My updated would never lynch list is Dark and CF7/whoever replaces him. ActionDan following closely. Lesser townreads still include Conq and Paladin.

For now I'll just vote Shadoweh.

##Vote: Shadoweh

Checking through her ISO again she has barely done anything at all since commercial break start that wasn't attempting to defend against my case with several misreps that couldn't have been accidental. She also subtly cheerleaded for my lynch with her comment on BT's flip. Not really sure if Shadoweh and Serela could be scum together or who is most likely of the two to be scum if they can't be scum together, but I don't have time to look further into Serela atm since I start classes right this moment and I'd also like to see Shadoweh post who she thinks is scum and why.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #466 on: October 23, 2013, 01:40:14 PM »
NO QUOTING ENTIRE POSTS FROM QUICKTOPICS. FIRST AND LAST WARNING
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:32:35 PM by PX »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #467 on: October 23, 2013, 03:04:27 PM »
I have work soon so I don't have time for much until later, but
I want to know ASAP whom you guessed was the 4th QT member and why.
It was supposed to be obvious given I quoted the post where ActionDan claimed being in the neighbor QT! ActionDan, you know... the person who didn't exist d1

ACTUALLY WAIT A SECOND

ACTIONDAN PRETTY MUCH HAS NOT DONE A SINGLE THING ALL GAME :C

Even now he makes the silly jabs at me at the start of the day but doesn't contribute! And he was here during the commercial break even if he had "some reason not to contribute that the neighbors know" >_> And clearly he was here after it ended but still failed to do anything helpful.

You're going on the "who is scum and why or get lynched in the face" list with Shadoweh, Dan!

Also, Darkninja, if you want to talk about people who didn't contribute, how about you go vote Shadoweh? She's even guiltier of it then me, spouting a list of baseless townreads instead of posting scumreads and just going around yelling at people to vote Raikaria. (I vaguely recall her giving reasons -after- Raikaria claimed but that's SORT OF LATE and at the point where it was trivial to pick things out to say)

AD got a pass d1 because that's too early to hunt lurkers but he needs to get his butt in gear or get in the guillotine!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #468 on: October 23, 2013, 03:09:19 PM »
zakeri at the least was posting -something- d1 and is giving reads and promising to tell why soon

that's better then shadoweh and actiondan who are dancing around the entire matter lackadaisically

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #469 on: October 23, 2013, 03:17:01 PM »
Also re:darkninja, I commented on this earlier, because it's not just a matter of differing from my town playstyle

It just differs from my playstyle period

I'm pretty sure I'm not like that as scum either >_>

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #470 on: October 23, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
Serela by POE already if I threw a dart at a specific list of names I'd have a 42% to hit scum.  That's not including alt-wincons.

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #471 on: October 23, 2013, 03:45:07 PM »
PoE is cool and all but do you actually have the ability to answer who is scum and why >_> You haven't even told us who you're PoE'ing it down to for godsakes!

Oh god why am I still here I have to go to work >_> BBL

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #472 on: October 23, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »
ACTIONDAN PRETTY MUCH HAS NOT DONE A SINGLE THING ALL GAME :C
He has, in fact, shared a QT with us.
Also, Darkninja, if you want to talk about people who didn't contribute, how about you go vote Shadoweh? She's even guiltier of it then me, spouting a list of baseless townreads instead of posting scumreads and just going around yelling at people to vote Raikaria. (I vaguely recall her giving reasons -after- Raikaria claimed but that's SORT OF LATE and at the point where it was trivial to pick things out to say)
Shadoweh is suspicious and exceedingly loud in so, but it is exactly that which makes me townread her. The wagon you are trying to push is also baseless as well. One making brief reads and pushing the wagon while providing reasons at the very least shows a clear and definite stance, How we decide to read it is our problem, but Serela, you do not really demonstrate to us throughout your whole game that you share a definite stance, and that is a solid scumtell. By staying under the water and hovering on the edges of discussion to maintain minimal influence over the lynches and discussion is what made me scumread you.

Moreover, your attitude towards all lynches are completely laid back, you did not even show much concern over Raikaria claiming doc, rather, you subtly avoided most part of the discussion and silently placed your vote.

----
Regarding Serela's own analysis on himself. I refuse to acknowledge, for it is lacking in any type of proof and evidence in his claim that ''my style is just different now''. We all know and have read Serela's games. We know how he plays, trust your own judgement.

Serela, your relatively swift response actually do not help in clearing up your case, but is only a smokescreen to distract us from focusing on you and what was going on your head since d1 to make you post like aforementioned. If anything, I can only confirm more solidly that you are but scum trying to put together time to assemble a convincing case due to the relative inability of you doing so yourself.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #473 on: October 23, 2013, 04:04:50 PM »
extracted from my original case on Serela. and thanks px for generosity.
----------------------------
This time there's my actual scumread.Its Serela. Notice how jumpy he was around the first day and was happen to bounce with votes, throughout the whole game, the most he did is when he responded to BT's doubt on him being scum. Elsewise he just contributed as little as possible throughout the game, either nitpicking out minor flaws in others' posts, or just making emotional rants without much contribution. Where is him when the most heated part of discussion of whether lynching CF7 or Raikaria came up? He just lurked, if the former hints of him dropping off the radar isn't enough, then being so carefree during the goddamn d1 lynch should be enough to raise alarm bells.

Hell, even Sky Paladin, who was pretty much lurking for the duration of early d1 mustered up a (despite small) case concerning his reads, Serela has done neither of those, enough reasons to wagon?

Plus, he's just Serela, on top of all this scuminess, weirdness in posting and style, lack of content and but not limited to partial lurking during important moments. There's the thing that he's Serela,but if you still aren't convinced that he's scum, at least read all posts of his, note the posting time and how much of it doesn't really contain any content. Then vote the scum.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #474 on: October 23, 2013, 04:41:05 PM »
It's a new day and I'm recovered from my "despair orz etc." bulllshit, so let's get this ball rolling again.

Starting with trying to ISO some potential scum.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Commercial Break #1!
« Reply #475 on: October 23, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »
Everybody Get Up, It's Time to Smile Now

Song: Smile Exercises

Shadoweh (3) - Serela, Sky Paladin, Vhaltz
Zakeri (1) - Conqueror
Serela (1) - Darkninjaabc
Not Voting: Everybody else

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(78%)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #476 on: October 23, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »
I basically haven't had time to ISO people until I finally got home from school after my internet was too shoddy most of the day to load anything, and class, and my commute home, and it stagnated my reads as a result. Anyway, ISO time.

So I started with Validon.

As of Post 221,
The first thing I don't like about Validon is that he blindly trusts the doc claim, which a lot of the other players pointed as null (I certainly wasn't voting Raikaria for the claim). I don't like how he simply dismisses the case on Raikaria without any real reasoning behind it. There's some blind trust of CF7's claim as well as the "don't lynch" read, instead of having reasons to find him town that are legitimate (like again, I find him town for the way he repeated Mirai Nikki with his claim, it's another genuine misread he isn't likely to do as scum).

Afterwards...
*coughcough*Iwasagainstitandnoonelistenedtome*coughcough*
He rubs the whole "I white-knighted Raikaria" until the ennnnnnd! thing, which is really bad to do as town. (I actually alluded to this earlier, indirectly in my post #355). I don't really care myself if it was peer pressure or whatnot myself, but the lynch was inevitable, agreement or not.

As is that point would be null, though. ...Except he spends an entire page ranting about it, which is really ridiculous.

"If Raikaria flips town Shadoweh is dead tomorrow" (inexact quote)
Where is the big Shadowh case I was promised?

He's basically vanished now, but I'm disappointed he wasted all his time glorifying his Raikaria Defender cred instead of pushing a Shadoweh case.

(I actually have to ride the bus again now so more ISOs will have to wait)

##Vote:Validon since that is literally all I have until I reread other people.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #477 on: October 23, 2013, 06:05:15 PM »
Hi I was about to post and then phase end happened, and due to the conditions my role, I'd rather not talk in the night phase.

This was all I had before Raikaria flipped. I'm working on reading now:

Don't like Validon'd #161 clearing CF7 on the fact that he has a provable role, I already said that this doesn't make him any townier.

Conq's #167 looks kind of like a mispep of Raikaria as far as question 1 goes. How did he imply that having a hidden ability would make him scum? I do think the "that likely works on lynch" looks really bad though and seems like Raikaria grasping at pushing that lynch.

Don't really understand Shadoweh's response to me in #178, can you elaborate please?

Mitsuki's response in #185 is bad. Scum don't intend to make bad posts, it just happens. That defense is really poor.

Conq's #207 looks like a leap in logic but I don't think it means much and I don't think scum has much to gain from saying something like that? It definitely bugs me though.

Don't like Dark's #220. He says his scumread on Raikaria is minor but uses it as an excuse to drop CF7 pretty much completely.

I kind of feel like Raikaria's defeatism is a towntell, as scum would generally be more concerned about their own survival and Raikaria doesn't seem to be trying that hard. Some people see this as scummy because of meta, but isn't that just different play to normal over him being scummy?

Dark's #255 confuses me greatly. Shadoweh is scum for not changing her opinions on someone after they claimed. They might think that the claimed player is lying, or have other reasons for it. His reasons for CF7 not being scum also seem to hinge on him not being buddies with Raikaria, which aren't great reasons.

Kind of think Validon is town for sticking to his guns on Raikaria and defending him when he could easily just get away with voting and letting BT hammer. This goes especially if Raikaria flips maf, because I don't think he would hard defend his buddy if he's this close to the lynch.

« Reply #478 on: October 23, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »
I like Mr Firephoenix guy.

Post incoming

« Reply #479 on: October 23, 2013, 06:38:38 PM »
It was snow. :(

why didnt you post during the commercial break?
I was sleepy.

I think you should vote Rai so BT hammers and gets his superpower. 

This is like > 50% chance scum lynch.
Can you explain your reasoning for the bottom line? I've never seen you give any reasoning other than point blank calling Raikaria's claim fake.
I don't like that at all since it's such an easy thing to regurgitate as scum

Caught up now
Can someone in the QT tell me if Dan is coming up with scumreads? I don't even care what they are, I just want to know if he's contributing beyond providing the QT.
Role =/= Alignment, so the fact that he's apparently the establishment owner means nothing, and none of his post contain anything in them. not a single thing.
I mean, I guess there was that one time he sheeped Mitsuki which I guess is answered by the QT situation. So yeah.

(why am i never invited to qts?)

Shadoweh is worth more to town dead than alive. It's one thing to build a case on a townie, but she spent the entire day just pesuading people to vote Raikaria, even using underhanded methods to convince them. Conqueror is much better compared to her in that regard since he used reasoning, but Shadoweh went as far as shooting down alternate wagons by citing the shifty deadline as a reason to stop thinking as town. She later claims That it's our fault for listening to her. Pure victim blaming.
All She's provided outside of that is attempts to defend herself from being suspected based on the results of the wagon.

As for Validon, it's not a very strong read. His vote on CF7 at the beginning of the day was pure Vote park (since he went on to say he had no opinions on anything, including CF7 vs Ninja). Brownie points for the conviction against wagoning Raikaria, but in the long run it doesn't work as a solid towntell. He did attempt to provide Shadoweh as an alternate wagon at least, so I'd rather leave this read for later days.

##Vote:Shadoweh
I wanted to just ignore Shadoweh on basis of "Obvious ITP, probably without town win con" but Dan apparently has people vouching for him. I still want to know more about if Dan is actually being helpful somewhere where I just can't see it, though.