Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Thread 1 (Locked)  (Read 60399 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Episode 1!
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »
Serela, I acknowledged your case existed when I counter-argued <_<. I'm not even complaining about you voting me since yesterday [As in IRL time], and you've made loads of posts since I last mentioned it.

Seriously with the amount of people acting like I'm saying stuff that I didn't say right now I'm getting worried.
Your paragraph on me in #70 says otherwise (and is the entirety of what I was referring to) but as long as we're on the same page -now-  :3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2013, 07:15:43 PM »
CF7 following up his stuff with "But suppose I can hop on the Serela wagon even though you're (aka BT) totally scum who forgot their claim immediately :smug:" (note:loose and heavily biased interpretation of his actual post) is also totes an epitome of why he's currently my preferred lynch
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »
explain why the votes on everyone else are easy votes and reasoning? this is really easy to say without stuff to back it up.

I didn't really read carefully. It was just a feeling, like, it didn't seem that the reasons were strong, and the votes were placed in weaker players.
Anyways, I just meant it as a general thing. When I reread I'll do things properly. And yeah, I hope to reread soon. Tonight (it's already night here) or tomorrow morning. I'm borrowing someone else's computer and they're waiting for me to finish writing this post;;;

I didn't like #75 by Mitsuki because it feels like she's saying that it's Shadoweh's fault if Serela flips town. I'm null on the "lynch lurkers" thing because lurkers are generally hard to read.

No, it'd be my fault if that happened. I just wanted to make sure.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2013, 07:33:44 PM »
Alright. I still don't know what to make of my last convo with CF7. Even if he views a role like mine as a likely scum role it's bold to go up against a claim when you're scum in role madness like that. Same for "you forgot your own claim". Not an impossible bullshittery but overall less likely to come from scum imo. The one thing that does bother me about it is that he seems to have issue with my claim regardless of how I used my vote - in that case why did he wait until now to comment on it? It's evidently not because he thought I was scum because he said in the same post that my case is justifiable.

Are you scum with Serela? I'm so sorry.
He didn't change his mind, he read what you posted and decided it meant his vote was 'wrong' and he should sheep you instead.
Yeah, he changed his mind. What's bad about how he did it?

SB's post bothers me. For its content. His point on Raikaria bothers me because no, that doesn't really imply he thought CF7 was town. His point on Conq bothers me because no, that one line on Dark shouldn't be screaming 'buddying' at you. His point on Mitsuki bothers me because no, taking into account other people's reads like that is fine.

I'm starting to get a bad vibe from the way Rai's answering questions. It's also dubious that he voted Dark for pressure but doesn't actually address his play outside of that.
Even if his intention was not to quicklynch, that is what it came off to me like, and even then, his case is awful and I'd keep my vote as a 'drop it, it's nothing, you're being silly' vote.
Like, he's dropped it, what now?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2013, 07:35:32 PM »
SB's post bothers me. For its content. His point on Dark bothers me because no, that doesn't really imply he thought CF7 was town. His point on Conq bothers me because no, that one line on Dark shouldn't be screaming 'buddying' at you. His point on Mitsuki bothers me because no, taking into account other people's reads like that is fine.

EBWOP

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2013, 07:38:37 PM »
BT ilu, would sheep again in future

Anyway I have to leave for work in 19~ minutes so I won't be monopolizing the thread for awhile

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
Your paragraph on me in #70 says otherwise (and is the entirety of what I was referring to) but as long as we're on the same page -now-  :3

That paragraph on me was in a historical context, I was answering a query BT had about what I was going on about before. Hard to not mention my previous disagreement with you when doing that.

This is from Raikaria's #34. Assuming you're talking about times that you were town, why are you finding this scummy? Clearly you thought it was okay when you did it in the past. I don't like it.

Yes, at the time I did it I thought it was OK... but likewise I am aware that you guys tend to act badly towards that, and take it as a scumread. So now I'm taking it as a scumread... I'm impressionistic.

I'm starting to get a bad vibe from the way Rai's answering questions. It's also dubious that he voted Dark for pressure but doesn't actually address his play outside of that.Like, he's dropped it, what now?

Last I checked he was still voting CF7 for the same reasons I called him out on. That said, I'm not really following the CF7 bandwagon too much myself, and need to re-read thegeneral events and reasons for people voting CF7.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
Last I checked he was still voting CF7 for the same reasons I called him out on. That said, I'm not really following the CF7 bandwagon too much myself, and need to re-read thegeneral events and reasons for people voting CF7.
He branched off from those reasons. Are you sure you've checked?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
I just said I need to re-read. I'm busy with other stuff atm though, so that'll probobly come tomorrow.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2013, 09:06:45 PM »
Whoops this exists
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2013, 09:13:24 PM »
Dormio Got Out Of Bed Time

Song: Shiny Smile

Conq (1) - Sky Paladin
Serela (2) - NekoNekoRex, Mitsuki
CF7 (5) - Darkninjaabc, BT, Serela, Zakeri, Validon98
Darkninjaabc (2) - Raikaria, Serious Bananas
Raikaria (2) - Shadoweh, Conq
BT (1) - CF7
Not Voting: ActionDan

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(58%)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:50:47 PM by PX »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2013, 09:54:26 PM »
##Unvote Vote will be back in a minute, just trying to figure this all out

the layers upon layers of misrepresentation and opportunism is almost impenetrable
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2013, 10:12:58 PM »
Where do I even start with this
How about with the origin of this madness

I can't even begin to understand the train of thought behind darkninja's posts. CF7 put this best:
This is pure, filtered and distilled paranoia.

The amount of buzzword-spewing, drug-fueled accusations in these posts are actually hard to read. I know I'm just being summarizingy and shit (and it's really bad on my part), but, really?:
you are merely being targeted because your trick is unnecessarily complicated and organized in a way that screams suspicion. why must it be an acrostic poem, why can't you remove every single vowel, why can't you type up a ridiculous case on how he loves catgirls and must die on nnr, and why, would you deliberately clarify from before and after your message that you are under caffeine influence when you pull this so called harmless 'tomfoolery'. there are many more relatively ''common'' means of making a funny post and your uncommon manner gives the impression of that you are completing a task, instead of having ''fun''

Reading through his later stuff, it's more coherent then this, but it's hard to take him really seriously.

Quicklynch argument was like....well, what to me. My entire point boils down to the fact that CF7 RVS is suspicious, and that even if it was a mislynch its okay to occur since its so early in the game anyway.
This comment is actually legit suspicious. Quicklynches are absolutely never ever good

It's hard to think Dark is town with these wildly irrational arguments he's posting.
[CF7's] swap in votes with a poorly formulated rationale behind while being the leading wagon on here is purely nonsensical. Is this some strategy to divert attention such that enough time can be mustered for someone else to be targetted rather than the scum?
Stuff like this just reads tinfoil hat wearing to me.

I actually insist that darkninja drop CF7 for a few posts and read other people. I want to see if he can post like a crazy person at other people or not.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2013, 10:36:49 PM »
Surprisingly CF7 guts (and probably is) no better from what I immediately recall from the past several read-throughs.

I can sympathize with him for having to take the brunt of horribly written paranoia, but he sets off a ton of red flags with his counterarguments.

Note he calls the case suspicious here:
tl;dr Darkie's case is really badly written and he's the most suspicious so far.
So there. =)
And he continues this suspicion here...
I thought i was merely standing near the grave you're digging for yourself.
Darkie, i have a really strong urge to vote you for tryharding. But for now i'll assume that you're just a paranoid overzealous scum-hunter. And a failing one at that.
But where is his vote?
Oh. In that case.
##Vote NNR
Oh. It's still a jokevotepark on me. Huh. (Also that last quote is a really fun way to paint someone super scummy without actually voting them)

If you haven't read the previous games i participated in, i tend to
Hi meta-defense

Let's get to his vote change
You say that you're getting power-up by hammering. Yet you're placing the vote, that is actually second on my wagon. Clearly a contradiction on your part. So.
##Unvote
##Vote BT
This in itself is pretty bad because he's voting over rolespec and technicalities rather then having a good reason BT is actually scum.
And vote/unvote shenanigans just don't sit with me. It is likely a scum thing.
This is, like, an assumption, at best.

I rest my case.
Scumbag Steve called and wants his razor edge back. Explain the meaning of this empty but apparently clever post?
But i guess i can switch to Serela wagon, so my vote won't go to waste.
Why? This reads as bending under pressure because of bad votes.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »
Page 2 just hurts my head. Let's go through the line of events.

-Raikaria jumps on dark for his nonsense
-Serela jumps on Raikaria for voting nonsense
-Mitsuki jumps on Serela for voting Raikaria

Raikaria's vote reads somewhat hypocritical because, as he explains, he frequently gets wagoned (presumably as town) for this logic.
Serela's vote assumes not!scum!dark, and Serela fails to actually reread before questioning the vote ("unless he actually did say that").
Mitsuki's vote looks like plain old misunderstanding.

I guess none of these votes are actually bad, just ED1Voting/Lack of Reading

BT's "contradictions" post (#44) actually is bad, because it's pretty blatant cherry picking from what I can tell, and he sneakily changes it to 'CF7 paints dark in a bad light", albeit  I actually agree with that argument so I have no idea where I'm going with this read actually.

This is a really worthless post actually.

##Vote: CF7  until I can finish this reading and making less worthless posts. CF7 is the worst by far, so far as I've analyzed.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2013, 12:34:31 AM »
Those are pretty good posts actually, you shouldn't put yourself down so much.
Also after his last posts I'd say Serela is def-town so look forward to that all game.
Let's start locking this game down.

Townie Voting Block: Conqueror, Neko, Mitt Serela, Darkninjaey, CF7,BT, SB
Lynchables: Everyone else

Please stop trying to disassemble my voting block before it was ever made and vote for not on this list.
(I was going to suggest lynching Dormio because I couldn't remember him posting any content >.> )

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2013, 01:00:46 AM »
Halftime Show

Song: Smoky Thrill

Conq (1) - Sky Paladin
Serela (1) - Mitsuki
CF7 (6) - Darkninjaabc, BT, Serela, Zakeri, Validon98, NekoNekoRex
Darkninjaabc (2) - Raikaria, Serious Bananas
Raikaria (2) - Shadoweh, Conq
BT (1) - CF7
Not Voting: ActionDan

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(54%)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
CF7 is at L-2

Shadoweh

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2013, 01:10:37 AM »
@PX I know you aren't prodding people, but if someone doesn't post for 48 hours are you going to at least ask if someone wants to replace in?

Sure
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:22:55 AM by PX »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2013, 02:06:57 AM »
Shadoweh totally forgot to put himself on the townie voting block.  COINCIDENCE AMIRITE.  ^____~

I have work all weekend so I didn't think I'd get back in time to check here.  Actually I still have work and am just sneaking in between shifts. 

Page 2 is all holy what is this about role shennanigans, I thought we weren't allowed to talk about that kind of thing.  It's hard for me to meta-read people because I'm new here and everybody is a stranger basically.  In my old mafia games we were allowed to PM each other; this looks like a whole different (and refreshing) play style.  Drama is sooo~ooo delicious. 

I just voted for Conqueror because he voted for me (maybe?  I forget.  I was so tired) and not from any mafia based reason.  I'm happy to voteswitch or cancelvote.  The guy with the rubber duck avatar put a pretty good post out, I think.  If the phase is still going by the time I get back, I'll read it in depth. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2013, 02:36:53 AM »
Quote from: Shadoweh
Also after his last posts I'd say Serela is def-town
:D
Quote from: Shadoweh
so look forward to that all game.
;_; Scum might decide to nightkill me, right? ...maybe? I'd actually almost be okay with it because I'd have the privilege of being worthy enough of an adversary to take out of the running first! I... I think scum nightkilled me early in a game one time. Once.

Also the last paragraph of Sky's post makes me giggle.

Shadoweh do you actually have ~*~reasons~*~ for voting anyone not on your list apart from "they aren't my town reads"? People usually care a little more about scumreads then townreads! D:

Quote from: NNR
I actually insist that darkninja drop CF7 for a few posts and read other people. I want to see if he can post like a crazy person at other people or not.
I second this because it sounds like an amazing experiment (Also because I currently have no idea how to get a read on Darkie so anything is helpful)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2013, 02:37:17 AM »
aghgahghh I forgot to disable the ugly toothy face smiley

Shadoweh

« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2013, 04:04:42 AM »
Shadoweh totally forgot to put himself on the townie voting block.  COINCIDENCE AMIRITE.  ^____~

I have work all weekend so I didn't think I'd get back in time to check here.  Actually I still have work and am just sneaking in between shifts. 

Page 2 is all holy what is this about role shennanigans, I thought we weren't allowed to talk about that kind of thing.  It's hard for me to meta-read people because I'm new here and everybody is a stranger basically.  In my old mafia games we were allowed to PM each other; this looks like a whole different (and refreshing) play style.  Drama is sooo~ooo delicious.
You know, I normally remember to put my name first in stars. I better correct this.

Townie Voting Block:   ~*~Shadoweh~*~ Conqueror, Neko, Mitt Serela, Darkninjaey, CF7,BT, SB

No one does PM's here because they are evil in mafia games, so we all fight publically and loudly. There's no rule against talking about roles and shenanigans, the rule is you can't quote your role pm or anything the mod sends you. If role shenanigans were a modkill offense no one would live past Day 2 on MotK >.>

Serela I'm not saying you're bad at mafia but I hope you're ready for a nice LYLO vacation. I have reasons for wanting to vote Raikaria. I have some people who I'd rather vote then others while some people like Sky Paladin are just null.

itt Serela has no teeth

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2013, 05:28:38 AM »
Pokemon/Dangan Ronpa/Skype/irl sure manages to delay posts.

I don't like Darkninja. He seems to have a basic grasp of how RVS works, but he's already talking about lynching someone for it? Also this is ringing alarm bells:

he knows that CF7 is town. His fixation with the idea that mislynching on day 1 isn't the end of the world isn't helping his case either. I agree with the concept, but in context it looks like an excuse to push CF7. I feel like I'm wording this badly, but shrug.
Refer to my earlier posts, I named CF7's RVS being unnecessarily complicated such that I doubt if it was actually harmless RVS.
I do not think CF7 is town by any means, but on that note I do feel the need to explain my dedication towards lynching him to everyone else since I strongly believe his suspicious behavior and all that implies will come back and bite us later.

On Conq: I would prefer to read him as scum atm, but my incentive to lynch cf7, due to his really disorganized and weird stance plus suspicious behavior, resounds over, so I will probably start detailing a case on raikaria once we finish d1.
*note probably doesn't necessitate must, i do reserve the right to read whoever i find the most scummy by then. :V
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2013, 05:47:38 AM »
Morning. Will write after reading everything post my last post in a bit.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Shadoweh

« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2013, 05:51:34 AM »
Darkninja are you using Google translate to write your posts? They don't.. parse right.
Why do you want to make a case on Raikaria? (Besides that he is scum) You just called Conq scummy, then went to wanting to make a case on who Conq is voting for, it doesn't make sense logically.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2013, 06:23:00 AM »
Yes, at the time I did it I thought it was OK... but likewise I am aware that you guys tend to act badly towards that, and take it as a scumread. So now I'm taking it as a scumread... I'm impressionistic.
Probably one of the slimiest arguments I've ever heard. People have seen stuff I've done as town as scummy, thus now I'm going to read other people who do the same thing as scum? The bolded bit especially rings a bunch of alarms for me since Raikaria doesn't strike me as an appeasing player; see his willingness to push forth theories/lynches that no one else agreed with like the masons in Mirai Nikki mafia.

also shadoweh darkninja's post makes more sense if you read it as "@ Conq" instead of "On Conq," I assume it's a typo.

a lot of people need to make posts. i agree with shadoweh's list being a good starting place for reads.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2013, 06:29:46 AM »
uhh I wanted to say something about CF7 given he's somehow at L-2, but the most helpful thing from him would probably just be to make an updated post that responds to the stuff people have brought up >_>

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2013, 06:31:51 AM »
I haven't really said anything because what is there to interject? I found the whole slapfight between CF7 and Dark dumb from the beginning, and now BT, Raikaria, and Serela are getting involved. It's kind of going over my head a little, but I can see the points against CF7.
what points about cf7 did you see?

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2013, 06:59:58 AM »
An oversight on your part, you forgot your own claim.

What is this?
"Your ability is scum"
"Why is it scum?"
"Because scum would use it this way."
"Then why does that make me scum if I'm not using it in a scum way"
"Because you forgot to be scum."

I suppose thinking about it, the fact that you're pulling this doesn't really indicate that you're scum, but if you're wondering why nobody is following along with you, here it is.

Quote from: Vatsuki
I could vote for [the lurkers] if we don't reach an agreement on who to vote by the end of the day.
Serela always pointed out that it's too early for lurker hunts, but why does putting a vote on a lurker now make it harder to consolidate lynch at the end of the day?

Quote from: SeriousBananas
>"BT can be explained"
>votes BT
This actually isn't that bad of a point against CF7. It's just an observation of the unfortunate Debater's Paradox. basically, because BT put the most effort into his case, He's the one that's getting the rep for it's existence. This is why people should be more weary of sheepers.

Re:Voting block/Lynching Dormio:
Well, due to how signups happened, I'm Dormio, so if you really wanted to.

I'm already getting to the part where I don't feel good about the major wagons
CF7 needs an update before I change my mind on him though.
Ninja is hard to parse, but after reading a few times, I don't think he called Conq scummy, I think he's just respond /to/ conq. I remember conqueror asking who his other scum reads are and "Raikaria" was his answer to that.
Aside from the insistance that CF7 is scum, there's nothing really suspicious about Ninja, so I'm not comfortable with the wagon on him.
Also, I'm willfully ignorant of the case on Raikaria because it seems like another case of can't please anybody. I feel he's been self-concious enough about getting wagoned on day one that appeasment isn't the hard scumtell that Conq is painting it as.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2013, 07:40:10 AM »
Scumbag Steve called and wants his razor edge back. Explain the meaning of this empty but apparently clever post?
Why? This reads as bending under pressure because of bad votes.
It was "I am fed up with this. Do what you want"
Potential vote for Serela because i'm not suicidal and kind of want to see some other wagon that is not me.
Refer to my earlier posts, I named CF7's RVS being unnecessarily complicated such that I doubt if it was actually harmless RVS.
I do not think CF7 is town by any means, but on that note I do feel the need to explain my dedication towards lynching him to everyone else since I strongly believe his suspicious behavior and all that implies will come back and bite us later.
Omg. More paranoia. How i am supposed to defend against this?

On Conq: I would prefer to read him as scum atm, but my incentive to lynch cf7, due to his really disorganized and weird stance plus suspicious behavior, resounds over, so I will probably start detailing a case on raikaria once we finish d1.
*note probably doesn't necessitate must, i do reserve the right to read whoever i find the most scummy by then. :V
Can someone translate that for me? Because my brain sort of short circuits on this.

Anyway thoughts.
NNR is likely town, i'm not sure why, but usually i read him as town. As is Shadoweh.
I'm still unsure about BT. Maybe i'm just prejudiced against a hammering role. But okay, he might be town.
Darkie keeps insisting that i'm baaaaad. His overall behaviour
Serela. Tbh, what ticks me off is his sort of opportunistic jump on my wagon without much reasoning. Later he tries to justify it, while saying that yes his jump was not really justified, but now my defense is so bad and i'm likely scum, so Serela can keep his vote on me. Tbh, i think that's a scum tell.
Can't say much about sky paladin, but as he's basically dark horse here he might swing either way.
Validon/Mitsuki pretty much null atm.
Zak. Aside from jump on my wagon based on BT pointing to contradiction in my posts can't say much about him. Probably town.
Raikaria looks... town'ish.

In the light of the above.
I'll vote for either Serela or Darkie unless he does something about his paranoia.

Also i'm the glorious ~Vanilla Townie~. Again. How come i'm playing role madness game and i'm a VT again? It's a fucking conspiracy...
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors