Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287509 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #930 on: August 08, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »
Has anyone got any tips for E1 yet? I'm a little iffy on just charging in blind as I wanna make sure that I don't use any ships that won't benefit me there but might benefit me from E3 on.  The only things I've seen so far is that there's a troll sub in the first node and a high LOS is needed.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #931 on: August 08, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »
Has anyone got any tips for E1 yet? I'm a little iffy on just charging in blind as I wanna make sure that I don't use any ships that won't benefit me there but might benefit me from E3 on.  The only things I've seen so far is that there's a troll sub in the first node and a high LOS is needed.

Mmmm well here's the data that seems to be known regarding this map:

From what I know the north route (A-C) triggered mainly by a few conditions:

1. You have no CVLs in your fleet
2. You have 3 CVs or more in your fleet (why would you do that?!) (This also leads you to Node F so that's a NO for that)

The north route is riddle with Wo-classes making it very hard to venture through there especially if you're trying to conserve bauxite. So not recommended.

The Middle Route (A-B) Seems to be triggered if you have: 2 CVL, 2 CA, and 2 DD It's a rather dangerous path due to the night battle node there.

The south route (A-H) is guaranteed if you have a CLT in your fleet. It's considered the best bet even with the night battle node there and possibly the safest route to take.

Most people I hear are using BBVs, CAs and CLVs for this map. Take it how you will. The only other advice I can give is.

Be sure to bring Night Battle Equipment for the Night Battle node! You are going to need it.

And to reach the boss node, you need a reasonable LOS. It's speculated for high ranked admirals the lucky LOS number is 350 - 405 or higher. This number vary for lower level admirals.

Also the boss Ri-Class Kai ship need to be taken down fully defeated 6 times (or more if you don't beat her) to win this map.

Also in 6 and a half hours from now, I shall be streaming my attempts at Operation AL. Hope all goes well...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:44:15 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #932 on: August 08, 2014, 11:03:52 PM »
Dear lord, that LOS rating. Well, I got Kiso all upgraded recently at the very least, so that's good. Guess I'll try and put together a fleet with her, Hyuuga, Hiyou, Junyou, and any other CAs I can round up.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #933 on: August 08, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »
Doesn't the south have three battles though? Both middle and south have night battles unless the middle route has much more dangerous ships

Also I'm waiting a couple days to see how all event maps are before deciding my fleet to tackle this event, so I don't make any rash decisions and regret it later.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #934 on: August 08, 2014, 11:49:35 PM »
Also unless you mean foreign CAs, there are NO MORE IJN CAs. They have all been implemented in the game already.
You forgot the Ibuki-class.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #935 on: August 09, 2014, 12:25:26 AM »
Been watching someone from Japan stream the event. He recently started E-6

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/夏イベrta-電探ミラー

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #936 on: August 09, 2014, 12:45:16 AM »
Holy shit he has a lot of repair Goddesses I'm jealous.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #937 on: August 09, 2014, 03:55:41 AM »
This is painful to watch.  At least damaging the boss depletes the HP gauge in E-6 (but you'll probably need a sink to clear it).  You'd think a defensive formation would be better for those Night Battle nodes but he does Line Ahead on everything except the sub node.
(I think he just sank the flagship but I wouldn't know because Ustream decided to go to black screen at that exact moment)

Is it preferrable to load your CVs with nothing but AA planes and Saiun?  I feel like that really cuts down their effectiveness when you want to clear out as many enemies as possible so you have better chances of attacking the boss during Night Battle.

EDIT: Oh shit he got an S on the boss and got Kiyoshimo as a drop.  He might need 1~2 more sinks to clear it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:12:54 AM by Red Frost »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #938 on: August 09, 2014, 04:14:39 AM »
Guh. The night battle on node H in E1 keeps taking me out. The only equipment I really have for this is Maya and Myoukou equipping searchlights, so it's kinda annoying to say the least.

highzealot

« Reply #939 on: August 09, 2014, 04:46:35 AM »
E-6's final enemies

Kitakami then cut-in and sunk the wrong one in the night though the damage wasn't enough to sink the main one anyways.

Red Frost

« Reply #940 on: August 09, 2014, 04:59:12 AM »
I'm going to feel so bad for this guy if they decide to add an E-6 boss node drop during the last week of the event like they did when Yahagi was implemented.

Totaku

« Reply #941 on: August 09, 2014, 06:03:13 AM »
Ok guys, I'm going to to go ahead and start streaming my attempt to run the event. So here's hoping for the best as I conqure Operation AL / MI. I hope to give a report on this later on after I'm done streaming.

http://www.livestream.com/totaku
Now I Twitter

Red Frost

« Reply #942 on: August 09, 2014, 07:14:57 AM »
He couldn't finish... ran out of fuel and possibly Repair Goddesses.
;-;

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #943 on: August 09, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
This may or may not be entirely unrelated to Kancolle, but I'll check to be safe. My Facebook account has apparently been blocked due to a suspicious login from some locale in Japan. Did anyone else suffer this annoyance, and would it have to do with the proxy connection needed to play? I don't exactly recall logging into Facebook while the connection was active, but I passively check mail and Facebook every half-hour regardless, so it might just be a fluke.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #944 on: August 09, 2014, 02:52:18 PM »
My current fleet for AL cconsists of RJ, Mogami, Ise Kai, Yuudachi Kai, Isonami Kai and Kitakami Kai. I'm contemplating switching out the Almighty Poi for a BB though.
Usually one of the DDs ends up in the heavily damaged state at the penultimate node, so I'm wondering if that previously said switch would be a better setup for the fleet.
(I'm level 23  :V)

Totaku

« Reply #945 on: August 09, 2014, 07:31:33 PM »
Ok it's time for me to fill in the report for today: from this stream!

Basiclly E-1 is done, but not without a rough ride near the end. I managed to be E-1 boss 5 times with minimal issues, and then suddenly I got a large road block put upon me. It was a nasty and horrible ride that left me in a big mess for over several hours. Always getting constantly pounded prior usually at the night battle node.

Eventally with many sparkles and repairs later, the squad beat E-1 and I finally obtained Harusame!

And she's a Cutie / 10!

But yeah overall I had a 25 bucket loss, ran through 20+ sorties and spent about 3k steel and 1k bauxite. All other items remained stable.

The fleet I used was: Takao, Yamashiro, Takao, Kiso, Ryuujou, and Jun'you.

Most fleets had radars and seaplanes, Junyou had a Saiun, while Ryuujou carried 2 Saiuns. Totaling up the LoS to 350+ (from what I hear, it's your LoS equipment that matters not your overall LoS)

AL-2 is tomrrow night! Same Time, same place!
Now I Twitter

highzealot

« Reply #946 on: August 09, 2014, 09:39:07 PM »
(from what I hear, it's your LoS equipment that matters not your overall LoS)

Apparently there's something about effective LoS which is calculated by [2 x (recon plane LOS) + radar LOS + sqrt (total LOS - recon plane LOS - radar LOS)]. I'm not too sure how it works myself.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #947 on: August 09, 2014, 11:52:35 PM »
Alrighty. Finally time to see if I can get some progress made on E-1.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #948 on: August 10, 2014, 01:02:41 AM »
But yeah overall I had a 25 bucket loss, ran through 20+ sorties and spent about 3k steel and 1k bauxite. All other items remained stable.

The fleet I used was: Takao, Yamashiro, Takao, Kiso, Ryuujou, and Jun'you.

What levels were your fleet at? And was Yamashiro all Maruyu'ed up?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #949 on: August 10, 2014, 05:39:05 AM »
Well this event is going just perfect for me. I've only managed to hit the third node of the southern route on E-1 twice because one of my girls either gets blasted at the night node before or they get stonewalled by the battleship.

I thought the earlier maps in an event were supposed to be the easiest. ;-;

Totaku

« Reply #950 on: August 10, 2014, 05:49:19 AM »
What levels were your fleet at? And was Yamashiro all Maruyu'ed up?

Let's see....

Atago and Takao were level 77 and 74 respectively. Junyou was 65, RJ was 81, Kiso was 85, and Yamashiro was 51. And she didn't have any Maruyu upgrades what so ever.

Anyways tonight I'm going to attempt to play through AL-2. Here's hoping I can slaughter the embodiment of evil, the Northern Princess.

http://www.livestream.com/totaku
Now I Twitter

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #951 on: August 10, 2014, 06:37:00 AM »
Well this event is going just perfect for me. I've only managed to hit the third node of the southern route on E-1 twice because one of my girls either gets blasted at the night node before or they get stonewalled by the battleship.

I thought the earlier maps in an event were supposed to be the easiest. ;-;

That's strange, I somehow don't find myself finding much difficulty at that night node, even with my AL fleet of one CVL, three CAs, one CLT and one BBV, all leveled less than 30.
That enemy battleship tends to end up quite badly beaten by the end of that node.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #952 on: August 10, 2014, 04:17:27 PM »
That's strange, I somehow don't find myself finding much difficulty at that night node, even with my AL fleet of one CVL, three CAs, one CLT and one BBV, all leveled less than 30.
That enemy battleship tends to end up quite badly beaten by the end of that node.
I've heard that the maps have been scaled to be easier for newer players though, so my HQ level being at 92 isn't helping in the least, haha.

On the upside, finally managed to break through and kick the boss's ass for the first time. I'm thinking of swapping out Verniy for Haruna due to wanting more firepower and defense.

Totaku

« Reply #953 on: August 10, 2014, 06:15:28 PM »
E-2 Report. Day 1: IF there is anything I've learned about this map it's that it's VERY CRUEL. Both in terms of requirements and potential difficulty. I constantly become subjected to derailment from enemy fleets during the map because of one of two factors. RNG damage, or support fleets doing NOTHING to help me.

And before you asked, I was told I should try support fleets for AL-2. And while I was feeling rather objective to the whole idea, I decided to go with it by using a fleet I didn't give much concern to.

Turns out I was incorrect the whole time. Support Fleets sent to AL / MI that DON'T have the AL or MI marker WILL NOT COUNT as AL or MI participants.

With this factor known I now know I can actually send my fleets there to assist in damaging the enemy in route to the harbor without wasting kanmusus for future event areas!

This did turn the tide and I was able to finally face the embodiment of evil this map had....

This little girl.... The Northern Princess. I was successful 6 time. But only managed to completely kill her off 5/6 times. Course that means I still have to beat her down two more times....

Here's hoping I can get this done right. Because right after this was failure after failure. I couldn't reach her no matter what. So I'm loosing ammo at a gradual pace. Hopefully I'll be able to do something about this... but we'll see... So yeah I'm going to try again tonight...

Also using RJ, Junyou, Atago, Takao, Michishio and Hamakaze. (And yes, the LoS there need MORE LoS if you use destoyers, thus now quad saiun, and 3 Type 22 radars and seaplanes. Plus Type 3 shells, because this little monster of evil is weak to the effects of this ammo.

Probably will do another stream tonight, but I'll keep it short (I have a dental appointment tomorrow)
Now I Twitter

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #954 on: August 10, 2014, 06:42:28 PM »
Turns out I was incorrect the whole time. Support Fleets sent to AL / MI that DON'T have the AL or MI marker WILL NOT COUNT as AL or MI participants.
Wait so if I have ships used only for the support expedition and not for the main sortie in AL can be used in MI as well? Well that's huge relief.

Totaku

« Reply #955 on: August 10, 2014, 07:15:58 PM »
Wait so if I have ships used only for the support expedition and not for the main sortie in AL can be used in MI as well? Well that's huge relief.

Yes, exactly! I was surprised when I learned this fact as well.... and to top it all off I took one run at AL today. Hoping to drain the demonic entity of her health and I was in for a rude awakening....

Kinda surprised this suddenly happeend. I didn't think she was weaken to that point. So to apologize for now knowing in advance.... I posted the recording....

http://www.livestream.com/totaku/video?clipId=pla_932eb689-383a-4cb5-b311-86c16c26d2c4

Results based on the video:

Long story short, this single attempt was all it took. Everything went EXACTLY as planned and I wrecked the Northern Princess and her fleet quickly. The damage was significant enough that I could take it into night battle. The end results.... She FINALLY DIED.

Operation AL is OVER!

Total ships girls used for AL Campaign: 8

Ryuujou: 82 (AL1 and 2)
Junyou: 66 (AL1 and 2)
Atago: 78 (AL1 and 2)
Takao: 75 (AL1 and 2)
Yamashiro: 52 (AL1)
Kiso: 85 (AL1)
Michishio: 69 (AL2)
Hamakaze: 59 (AL2)

Total Resources net consumption (From AL-1 and AL-2):
Fuel: 14k
Ammo:15k
Steel: 6k
Bauxite: 2k

Buckets: roughly 60

The final prize for winning AL...

Ooyodo
Repair Team
1 medal

I think I'm going to take a small brake to recover my fleet supplies a little bit as well as train Ooyodo and Harusame. Then I'll need to prepare for Operation MI...

I'll probably cover MI related stuff in a bit. But for now, I'll be settling down to train.... and prepare.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #956 on: August 11, 2014, 12:45:34 AM »
Alrighty... so for some reason, the game isn't letting me use any support expeditions when I head for E-1 and I can't think of why it's not working. I'm not using any girls who've gone to an event map either, so I'm stumped.

highzealot

« Reply #957 on: August 11, 2014, 01:36:00 AM »
Alrighty... so for some reason, the game isn't letting me use any support expeditions when I head for E-1 and I can't think of why it's not working. I'm not using any girls who've gone to an event map either, so I'm stumped.

Do you have 2 destroyers in your support fleets?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #958 on: August 11, 2014, 02:26:10 AM »
Do you have 2 destroyers in your support fleets?
After a bit of organizing I managed to make it work. Seemed a bit more complicated than past events though, but that might just be me, haha.

Totaku

« Reply #959 on: August 11, 2014, 07:22:44 AM »
Heads up for those that are currently participating in the MI campaign!

There has been a dangerous visiual bug that has been found out! Most particularly spotted in E-3!

Supposedly, if you use your combine fleets and take damage during the Aerial phase of the attack, there is a chance the damage will not show up.

And you will not know if your Kanmusus have been heavily damaged till you have reached the next node!

It is advised you use extreme caution when doing Operation MI maps!

Currently the Devs are aware of this bug and are currently investigating this problem. For the time being, they advise you to take caution when doing combined fleet maps, or to wait till an official announcement made.

For proof, here is the video that demonstrate the bug. (This guy is lucky his Akatsuki didn't sink.)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24201097
Now I Twitter