Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287501 times)

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #840 on: July 01, 2014, 10:42:46 AM »
I'm still waiting for Kadokawa to make a moe historical figure browser game. I could poke me.

The Castle Collection hair accessories are nicely designed,  though.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #841 on: July 01, 2014, 10:52:37 AM »
So are light cruisers and destroyers just completely worthless outside of submarine battles and expeditions? I've got two of them upgraded to Kai but they still miss everything and when they actually hit they do 5 damage.
Meanwhile my Kongous double everything with 70+ crits. I feel like just filling my first fleet with them.
They consume more but that's the only downside I can think of.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #842 on: July 01, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »
So are light cruisers and destroyers just completely worthless outside of submarine battles and expeditions? I've got two of them upgraded to Kai but they still miss everything and when they actually hit they do 5 damage.
Meanwhile my Kongous double everything with 70+ crits. I feel like just filling my first fleet with them.
I read somewhere that Kiso second-remodels into Murasa because she can sink things even more effortlessly.

« Reply #843 on: July 01, 2014, 12:01:17 PM »
Different ships have different purposes, and Kancolle is a balancing game. Consuming more resources can be a massive downside during events. Battleships also take forever to repair. If you fill your entire fleet with them, enjoy having no resources or buckets during the events, which means no event-only ships for you!
Certain Light Cruisers (Kitakami, Ooi, Kiso) can be upgraded to become Torpedo Cruisers which while not quite as insanely overpowered as they were, remain some of the most useful ships in the game.
There's also a map that requires a Destroyer-only fleet to get through.
Of course not all ships are created equal, some are worth levelling, others aren't.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #844 on: July 01, 2014, 12:54:29 PM »

It's a good idea to have a variety of ships trained up for the sake of branching rules and being able to give your fleet some much needed diversity for certain maps.  DDs and CLs have good evasion, low repair times/costs, low resource usage, and the ability to attack subs.  They don't do a lot of damage during Day (regular) Battle, but Night Battle is where they shine.

These should help you pick which ships to train:
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/EliteDD
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/EliteCL

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #845 on: July 01, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »

If you go the battleship route, be advised that it will be VERY Costly!
Yeah Battleships have the best firepower in the game and make waste to the Abyss Fleets but the they also have the highest fuel and ammo consumption and if they get damaged, ridiculously high repair time and costs (ranging from 400-500+ steel for most BBs if they're severely damaged) You want to use BBs if you want an edge in combat.

Now about Destoyers and Light Cruisers, while the statements you said are true regarding destoyers and light cruisers. There are a few more things I'll point out:

As Desu-cake mentioned, Kitakami, Ooi and Kiso are pretty vital, since they can be remoddled into Torpedo Cruisers. Torpedo Cruisers are pretty much devastating powerhouses due to thier very high torpedo stats. If you managed to acquire a midget sub (hint: Train Chiyoda / Chitose to level 15, they come with those by then) you can equip them to those three and they'll be able to launch a pre-emptive Torpedo Salvo. A great method of crippling or taking out a part of the enemy forces. They use to be the kings of the battlefeild till the seaplane update, but even then, they're still notable none the less.

Also mentioned there is a map that you have to complete with ONLY destroyers. And it's an endurance challenge more or less since it involves managing to make it past one fleet consisting of a battleship before the boss node. As you'll probably learn, it's not about winning those battles there as much as it's about surviving against the odds before you so you can advance (and then beating the boss node).

And yeah when it comes to destoyers and light cruisers you have the look at the whole picture with them.

Yes they don't have the best fire power in thw world and can only do "tink" damage to battleships, and yes they can fight subs and are cost efficient. But there are two other notable points with them:

They are great for night battles and they are notably agile during day battles. Thanks to the way night battles are calculated, DD and CL can usually do insane damage. Since the damage is dependent on thier firepower + torpedo damage combined. If you know how to set up your equipment you should be able to (with some "luck") perform a cut in and do insane damage or double attack which is also damaging.

And during the day they are notable for evading shots most of the time (especially when highly trained)

But yes as Desu-cake mentioned, not all destoyers are equal, so you need to learn what they are good for so you can decide which ones are best for what.

Most of the rare destoyers and kai two destoyers are notable for being very good to use in combat:

Yuudachi: Great Firepower for destroyer, she can generally take out light cruiser and severly damage heavy cruisers with ease.
Shigure: High luck good for cutin in night battle.
Ayanami: She's basically a cross between Shigure and Yuudachi in terms of stats, you'll need to decide which path you want to take her in this case.
Shimakaze: Extremely fast, in long term training but is also slightly more expensive to maintain.
Verniy: Not as notable compared to the others, except for her ASW stats, makes her useful for 1-5
Yukikaze: Highest base luck among all the destoyers, she's almost garunteed a cut-in in night battles.
(I'd speak about Amatsukaze too, but chance are you didn't come during the Spring Event)

Some destoyers are very useful for expiditions:
Mutsuki class: Cheapest resources consumption of all destoyers. They're also very weak in combat, so they are better to use for here. (Yayoi and Uzuki might be a slight exception) (Extra Note: There will be a quest later on where you will have to use some members of the Mutuski class to complete it, be prepared for those)

As for Light Cruisers, most of them that get kai 2 or are rare are notably better in combat.
Naka Easiest to reach kai 2, decent stats allowing her to be useful for useful for various things.
Jintsuu Best for combat among the LC family, most paticularly firepower and torpedos. Also come with searchlight (VERY USEFUL in night battles)
Sendai You want to train her mainly for her equipment (which are all night battle useful gear) she's about equal to Naka
Isuzu Stongest ASW and AA ship in the team.
Yuubari While she more frail compared to most LC, she notable for having 4 equip slots, making her very useful for various things. She's mostly notable for being very customizable for multiple uses which can range from ship combat, sub combat (perffered), and barrel packmule
Kitakami, Ooi, and Kiso: Torpedo Cruisers, nuff said, I explained it at the top.

Also if you go out of your way and try to get the German Kanmusu, remember this:
PUT A LOCK ON Z1!
If you don't and remove her from your collection, you are also removing your chances of obtaining foreign kanmusus, she is VITAL for this. So do not lose her if you choose to get her from the long 8-day expedition quest run.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:01:28 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #846 on: July 01, 2014, 03:41:54 PM »
You're confusing that with ShiroHime Quest which is also a Castle Girl game being made by Kowadawa, but it's a mobile app that's in production that's suppose to be release "sometime this year"

Oshiro collection on the other hand had been mentioned as far back as Febuary when it was reported that DDM and Kowadawa bought the rights to the title names "Oshiro collecttion" and OshiColle" It was planned to be a browser game, much like Kantai Collection. As of this point we know that it has a definete release date set for Fall 2014. But you can register now if your want to be able to get in to play it when it's released.

So yeah, there are two castle girl game being released within this year.... by the same company.
Ah, alright. I hadn't heard about the mobile game before, so I'd confused the two.

EDIT: Actually, once the game goes live will there be something posted in the thread? I only ask 'cause I may give it a try.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:02:17 PM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #847 on: July 01, 2014, 04:56:21 PM »
Shigure: High luck good for cutin in night battle.
Isuzu Stongest ASW and AA ship in the team.
These are the Kai ships I have. I guess I'll keep leveling them.
These are the ships I usually keep in my main fleet
Kongou
Kirishima
Shigure
Isuzu
Houshou (only aircraft carrier I have)
Myoukou/Maya/Hyuuga
The second one I just send on expeditions and don't even have the third one yet.

« Reply #848 on: July 03, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »
What. I never knew that you could get Z1 from expeditions.

*Runs off to do expeditions*

« Reply #849 on: July 03, 2014, 09:51:48 AM »
It's a quest. You have to do expedition 31.

Totaku

« Reply #850 on: July 03, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »
What. I never knew that you could get Z1 from expeditions.

*Runs off to do expeditions*

It's a quest. You have to do expedition 31.

To explain in detail, you need the following:

4 sub girls (So in other words, Goya, Imuya, Iku, and Hachi [Maruyu counts too....])

You will need to complete the sub quests which aren't hard (especially if you do 2-3 often)

Then you'll get the submarine expidition quest.

The sub expedition quest requires you to take your sub girls and complete Expedition 30 which is a 2 day expedition.
You will need one sub girl leveled up to level 55 or higher as your flagship.

Compete the expidition with the quest high lighted and you'll complete it.
The next question will pop up, and you'll need to do it AGAIN!
Highlight the quest before your fleet returns to earn credit.
Then you'll need to do it 2 more time AFTER THAT!
Make sure the quest is highlighted both times before they return to complete it.

That alone will take a total of 8 day to do if you want to complete those quest.
Once you do, you can do the quest "Make contact with a foreign ship"
This you'll need to do expedition 31 (Which takes only 2 hours)
You will need your 4 subs again for this. This time the flagship will need to be level 60 and thier total levels will need to be over 200.

Once you complete the expedition successfully with the quest highlighted. Get credit for it and you'll finally get Z1! LOCK HER AND DON'T LOSE HER! She is your ticket to getting your German Kanmusus.

Anyways as a heads up, maintenance is will be set for Today on July 4th at 11 AM JST.

We are expecting to get Myoukou with her kai 2 upgrade along with new fruniture. There could be more stuff too. But in mean time here's a teaster for you all....

How far leveled is your bushy browed Myoukou at?
Level 30 and counting...
Now I Twitter

Red Frost

« Reply #851 on: July 04, 2014, 01:53:49 AM »

Dat smile.
Just 4 more levels...

Totaku

« Reply #852 on: July 04, 2014, 07:38:28 AM »
OH yes ther has been plenty of Myoukou coming up as of lately! Damanged and Camo!

Reports will be following up soon in the following post.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #853 on: July 04, 2014, 08:00:30 AM »
And maintenance is over!!

While the update mainly just gave Myoukou some improvments it came with a few nice surprises to boot.

So here's the lists:

1. Myoukou Kai Ni is now available! She will need to be trained  to a high level in  order be upgraded (rumored to be 70 ATM) New voices have also been implemented!

2. New quest involving Myoko kai2 has been implemented.  Can be completed only once.  Completing will reward you with new equipment.

3. New furniture implemented
- Bug repellent incense window
- Summer preview set
- Navy ship colour wall
- Study bookshelf
- Teitoku's study desk
- Manuscript desk - requires many coins
- Camouflage doctrine wallscroll - requires furniture fairy
- Resort set - requires furniture fairy

4. Active furniture and present furniture
The following furniture will move when you touch them
- Chinjufu fuurin window - requires furniture fairy
- Large antique clock - requires many coins

All teitoku will get the following present furniture
- Tanabata decorated window

5.  Re-release furniture added
- Green Japanese style wallpaper
- Air raid windows - requires furniture fairy
- Family pool - requires furniture fairy

6. New Equipment construction
Anti torpedo bulge (Large) is now craftable

7.  Night Battle observation bugfix
In addition to Daytime -> Night battles, night battle observation will trigger during battles which start at nighttime.

8.Display Fixes and Updates
- Akitsumaru Kai banner display fixed in resupply window
- Fixed display of weapon names during night battle normal attack
- Fixed display of Observed fire effect during PvP
- Fixed sound effects during furniture preview screen

9.Musashi is now buildable
Yamato class ship, Muashi is now buildable through LSC
Resource balance is important when crafting Musashi
Please only try when you have plenty of resources from auto regeneration or expeditions

So yup besides Myoukou, a bunch of new furniture and bug fixes, we finally get....Musashi.... after a waiting almost 3/4 a year... she's finally openly available.
Here's goes my resource wallet during LSC again.... ;_;

Also have Myoukou Kai Ni
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:02:59 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Red Frost

« Reply #854 on: July 04, 2014, 10:54:13 AM »
I may need Nachi Kai II to live.  These are turning out wonderful.
Anyone else still having trouble picturing Myoukou with long hair or is it just me?  I mean I suspected it and it's clearly visible with her Kai II but I can't seem to process it.  This is like Chitose's ponytail all over again.

Here's goes my resource wallet during LSC again.... ;_;

And here I thought they were going to wait until Midway to implement her into LSC to ensure maximum torture.

Totaku

« Reply #855 on: July 07, 2014, 06:10:12 AM »
Welp, I'm still working on Myoukou off to the side, but I should be also getting Haruna ready since her update is coming...

Speaking of which the devs mention in thier twitter two important pieces of information!

The next update: In this update, a fast BB and a CV will be getting a kai 2 upgrade!

My though on this is besides the obvious (Haruna) we know another CV is getting an upgrade finally. I think all members of the Midway Team are fair game here. Thought I'm leaning to Souryuu as the potential candidate.

The update following said update: OPERATION MI / AL BEGINS!

That confirms it! We have approximately a month before the Midway Event begins!

Get the Bauxite and CVs ready! The event is about to be here!
Now I Twitter

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #856 on: July 07, 2014, 06:49:38 AM »
I am in need of some help here, I'm a newbie. And worse, I'm actually stuck on level 2-4.

If anyone is free to offer me some assistance, I would be really happy.

My current fleet consists of Kaga, Ryujo, Myoukou, Choukai, Kongou and Kitakami Kai

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #857 on: July 07, 2014, 08:56:06 AM »
I am in need of some help here, I'm a newbie. And worse, I'm actually stuck on level 2-4.

My current fleet consists of Kaga, Ryujo, Myoukou, Choukai, Kongou and Kitakami Kai

2-4 can be fairly tough. Most brute force it with 4xBB 2xCV or the like.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #858 on: July 07, 2014, 02:39:55 PM »

Me too. I farmed 2-2 boss node a bunch to get Hiei and then I put her through the first 3 nodes of 1-5 with 2 destroyers over and over again so she's at Kai with Kongou and Kirishima now.
Now I'm leveling them all as well as myoukou/sendai + akagi + houshou in the first node of 2-4. I'm pretty sure I can get through the whole thing soon since they obliterate everything in the first node without taking damage more and more often now.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #859 on: July 07, 2014, 03:45:26 PM »
So if people were following, both Shimakaze and Yamato anime designs were revealed recently

Dat Shimakaze ass tho

Totaku

« Reply #860 on: July 08, 2014, 01:49:56 PM »

A lot of hope, a lot of determination, a lot of luck, and a well trained sqaud of ship girls.

2-4 is by no means easy and is commonly considered the first major hurdle you're going to learn to overcome.

Commonly people recommend 4 BBs and 2 CVs because more than likely you'll survive the onslaught you'll face since the majoirty of fights will consists of enemy BBs and CVs usually of Elite and flagship rank.

This has been a method that has been used in the past and the present in the game.

But from what I remember, in my run, I did it using 2 CVL, 2BBs and 2 CAs, fully modernized and were roughly around level 30-40.

Course this was all before the seaplane update came along.

Since the seaplane update, you need at least something along my combination or the suggested one to make it through, because you need to put your seaplanes on your CA and BBs and outfit thier equipment so they can perform double attacks since that will usually maim enemy fleets easily. Make sure you can maintain air supremacy / superiority of the enemy's air fleet to increase your chances of recon shelling assistance.

The rest boils down to two factors: How likely your ship girls will dodge enemy attacks, and if the compass will take you to the boss node.
Note: The middle route is a 100% guarantee to the boss fleet, but it's also harder to get through.

If you don't think you're ready, go to 2-2 and 2-3 and grind until you feel ready.

On other news, anime content continues to pour out after a long delay. Just like GPop posted earlier ago, now we can add Kongou into the ranks for the anime.
Now I Twitter

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #861 on: July 08, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »
Time to bring Kitakami Kai, Ayayayayanami, Kaga, King Kong(ou), RJ and another friendly CVL for some outrageous grinding of the level 2-2 in the painfully laughable pursuit of a BB. Wish me luck!  :V

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #862 on: July 09, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »
Time to bring Kitakami Kai, Ayayayayanami, Kaga, King Kong(ou), RJ and another friendly CVL for some outrageous grinding of the level 2-2 in the painfully laughable pursuit of a BB. Wish me luck!  :V
They aren't very hard to get even at 2-2. I got kongou and kirishima back to back and then another kirishima a little later. Took a little while to get Hiei, but I did get both Fusou and Yamashiro in that time.
oh, and I randomly got Shimakaze from the first node of 2-4. Didn't really want her either.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:44:41 AM by wailofthebanshee »

Totaku

« Reply #863 on: July 11, 2014, 06:06:34 AM »
Welp, here's a heads up for you all as the Operation AL / MI event is coming on it's way. The devs have revealed more info regarding the event, and this time, it seems like the event maps going to be rather...BIG

To summarize, Operation AL (The Aleutian Island Campaign) and Operation MI (Battle of Midway) are actually going to be Two Event maps. And each of these event maps will contain 1 Extra stage.

So depending on the maps themselves, we could have anywhere between 6- 10 event maps we will be needing to play through.

As expected, new ships will become available in the event. And a new mechanism will be in place in time for the event.

From the looks of it we really need to prepare for this event because it's going to be a BIG event we'll be playing through. Since odds are there will lots of maps we're going to need to complete for this run. Since we have to go through BOTH event maps!

For me, I'm to probably minimize LSC now and focus on stock piling after this week. Seems we're going to have to be really prepared this time.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #864 on: July 12, 2014, 12:18:46 AM »
Oh lawd, I'm not sure my body is ready.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #865 on: July 12, 2014, 01:33:58 PM »
This game could really do with a Sengoku Rance-like battle system where you can actually select who attacks who and ships have more abilities than just "this ship is useless against this ship".
Also, some damage should carry over for enemy ships too. The way it does in Rance.
Would improve the game so much.
I'm still stuck in 2-4 and it's really starting to piss me off. The only way to get to the boss node is to go from the first node to north east. It just happens that I've gone that way a grand total of 2 times out of the 30+ that I've tried. From my experience going east NEVER results in the boss node even though it seems like there is a chance. Going NW you run out of fuel and ammo.
The one time I got to the boss node I got wrecked by the 4-5 battleships there thanks to completely luck based combat.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #866 on: July 12, 2014, 02:23:13 PM »
This game could really do with a Sengoku Rance-like battle system where you can actually select who attacks who and ships have more abilities than just "this ship is useless against this ship".
Also, some damage should carry over for enemy ships too. The way it does in Rance.
Would improve the game so much.
I'm still stuck in 2-4 and it's really starting to piss me off. The only way to get to the boss node is to go from the first node to north east. It just happens that I've gone that way a grand total of 2 times out of the 30+ that I've tried. From my experience going east NEVER results in the boss node even though it seems like there is a chance. Going NW you run out of fuel and ammo.
The one time I got to the boss node I got wrecked by the 4-5 battleships there thanks to completely luck based combat.
That... would actually be pretty awesome, haha.

As for 2-4, try not to let it get to you. It took me WEEKS the first time I tackled it. Just gotta keep throwing things at it before something gives.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #867 on: July 13, 2014, 12:14:37 AM »
It appears that the RNG system of the game has shown benevolence to me yesterday. I got Mutsu from construction, and Akagi from that mission.
Now my current fleet is Kitakami Kai (that's the flagship), Akagi, Kongou, Mutsu, Kaga and Ayanami (I'm contemplating on swapping her out when I actually do decide to attempt level 2-4). Wish me luck!

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #868 on: July 13, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »
That... would actually be pretty awesome, haha.

As for 2-4, try not to let it get to you. It took me WEEKS the first time I tackled it. Just gotta keep throwing things at it before something gives.
Well, 2 tries after posting that I finally got a lucky compass swirl to NE and beat it. This always happens. And people say complaining doesn't help.
My fleet was Kongou/Kirishima/Hiei Kais, Ryuujou Kai, Akagi Kai and Hyuuga Kai.
I'm starting to see why people don't recommend full battleship fleets. I've been burning through those buckets like crazy.
Wish I could use my newly acquired torpedo cruiser and submarine but they are just so useless any way you look at it. Maybe they'll be better in future maps.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #869 on: July 13, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Wish I could use my newly acquired torpedo cruiser and submarine but they are just so useless any way you look at it. Maybe they'll be better in future maps.
Well, concerning the submarine family, the enemies apparent in level 2-3 have next to no ASW - and Kitakami Kai has been made my near full-time flagship because she can deal crippling damage during the torpedo salvo and night battles.
Or maybe I just like Kitakami.