Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287452 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #810 on: June 06, 2014, 07:27:16 PM »
...apparently her planes give no firepower and she really has 64 firepower. What.

:psyduck: Okay, I guess there is no mistake.

Edit: oh christ wait I'm dumb and forgot planes never increase firepower. Whoops.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #811 on: June 06, 2014, 08:05:12 PM »
Welp, I finally got her after two weeks of continuous hunting. So now I'm done looking for Urakaze.

She's now located at 4-2 in the boss node. Personally that's less painful compared to doing 2-5 over and over (and watching my buckets drain away.)
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #812 on: June 11, 2014, 08:16:13 AM »
Ok, bumping because here's a report that has come in!

This upcoming maintenance will be set on June 20th!

And the two ship girls that'll be updated for this maintenance have connection with two things:

They both were involved in the Battle of Midway (somewhat), and they were both part of the 3rd Torpedo Squadron.

The CL was suppose to engage in a night battle in midway, but the planned was canceled following after the destruction of the IJN's main CV force.

The DD engaged in several night battles and ultimately fought her last battle at night when she was severly outnumbed.

This leads me to think that this Maintenance, the Kanmusus of focus will be: Sendai and Ayanami. Since they both have connection in the same squad and thier events they were involved in.

So prepare for Yasen time!
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #813 on: June 19, 2014, 07:54:18 AM »
All right! Maintainance is going to happen in at the usually time today in Japan, so make sure your shipgirls are ready for expiditions by 11:00 JST since the servers will be shutdown.

Here's what has been known regarding this update:

1. Sendai's getting an upgrade!
2. Ayanami is getting an upgrade!
3. UI is going to get some new additional things!
4. new equipment!

And yes, the devs are already starting the teasers early!

This make me wish I had time to work on Ayanami. ;_;

Meanwhile Furikane's been doing his own unusual tease lately. Supposedly he started working on a shipgirl illustration on his own free time and posting pieces of it on his twitter, but as he's been making progress with his illustration something seems odd about it....

The torpedo mounts! I don't exactly know what's going on since they may or may not be related to Kancolle since he's doing this on his twitter so this might be legit as of yet. But the fact she's got torpedo mounts suggests that this might be Tirpitz rather than Bismarck. When or is this is going to appear in game yet is still unknown.

In the mean time, how is your preparation for Midway? I'm still riding on it for Late July- Early August. So currently I have 40k in most supply (and 70k ammo) and 200+ buckets to date.
Now I Twitter

« Reply #814 on: June 19, 2014, 08:25:59 AM »
Disappointingly underprepared. Only 15k ish in all materials and less than a hundred buckets.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #815 on: June 19, 2014, 03:55:54 PM »
Hm... That could indeed be Tirpitz, but doesn't she look a lot like Bismarck? I thought that might be her new Zwei art at first, but I suppose we'll see.  Torpedo mounts wouldn't be a big surprise either considering she needs a blueprint to upgrade anyway, right?

As for Midway preparation, I'm trying to obtain Bismarck first, but... it's not going so well.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #816 on: June 19, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »
Gave up on Bismarck until after Midway. Have about 100k ammo and 50k everything else and 500+ buckets. While leveling my girls and trying to craft more reppus, I profit an average of about 1k bauxite and 2k everything else a day.

Chaore

« Reply #817 on: June 19, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »
Hm... That could indeed be Tirpitz, but doesn't she look a lot like Bismarck? I thought that might be her new Zwei art at first, but I suppose we'll see.  Torpedo mounts wouldn't be a big surprise either considering she needs a blueprint to upgrade anyway, right?

Have they actually changed a Kai Ni after implementation?

I mean, Bismarck would certainly warrant it with how miserable hers is, but still, I don't think she has torpedos....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:31:22 PM by Chaore »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #818 on: June 19, 2014, 09:30:59 PM »
Have they actually changed a Kai Ni after implementation?

I mean, Bismarck would certainly warrant it with how miserable hers is, but still, I don't think she has torpedos....
I don't think they've done it before, but the art for sister ships don't usually make them look as similar as this.  I could be wrong though, but I still think it may be Zwei art.

highzealot

« Reply #819 on: June 19, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
I don't think they've done it before, but the art for sister ships don't usually make them look as similar as this.  I could be wrong though, but I still think it may be Zwei art.

I have to agree with this. The outfit may be different but everything else is almost identical. I'm almost certain it's Bismarck.

Chaore

« Reply #820 on: June 19, 2014, 09:41:02 PM »
Mystical KAI THREE?

marry your bismarck nerd and get her to 150 to make her useful

also three more blueprints

Totaku

« Reply #821 on: June 20, 2014, 05:27:49 AM »
Ahahaha one could wonder about that though when I think about it Bismarck had a VERY LOW upgrade level (50). So it might be remotely possible for her to get a Drei upgrade possibly thought it seems like a stretch. If it was to be Bismarck, it would be a "what if" senario much like Z1 and Z3's upgrade entailed with thier AA guns. So yeah, since Bismarck sunk on her maiden voyage, it may be possible to them to pull this maneuver and give her a Tirpitz styled upgrade.

But it's still unknown if this is for the game or not at this point.

Anyways, servers have been down for a while. And the devs continue to tease us with a series of close up. Yasen upgrades are coming so be prepared.

First, have some Yasen thighs

Next some more Ayanami (man her ponytail is long)

Now for more of Sendai's face

Updates will be posted once severs are up as usual.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #822 on: June 20, 2014, 05:44:10 AM »
Damn Sendai. I have a feeling she's gonna look badass what-with the scarf thing going on.

Totaku

« Reply #823 on: June 20, 2014, 07:44:53 AM »
Ok the maintainance is done and the servers are going up! So I'm going to give you the notes that have been trasnlated for your convenience. This week is definetly the Yasen update. Lots of night battle gear galore!

So here are the note regarding this update!
1. CL Sendai Kai2 implemented.  She will also come with special equipment that will be useful in night battles.

2. CL Sendai has new voices.  Sendai Kai and K2 have new resupply, idle, and wedding (kari) voices.  Sendai Kai2 will have new HQ and modernization/refit voices.

3. Ayanami Kai2 implemented.  She will have new resupply, idle, wedding (kari), and hourly notifications.

4) Increased size of equipment encyclopedia.  Currently 100, will be increased to 150.

5. New equipment 1: Flares/Star Shells - Kanmusu equipped with flares has a chance to launch them during night battle.  Fleets with flares in effect will have increased accuracy and cutin chance, enemies will have reduced cutin chances.

6. Flare/ Star Shells give bonuses to your whole fleet.  Multiple ships equipped with star shells give a higher chance of its effect.  It does not have the disadvantage of the searchlight where you get targetted more often.  Effects stack with the searchlight.

7. New equipment 2: Type 98 Seaplane.  An experienced night recon crew pilots this plane, and under certain conditions will attempt a night observation.  If successful, this will assist in increased damage and critical chance during night battle.

8. The Type 98 Seaplane can be used for daytime recon and observation.  If air superiority is lost, then it cannot be used.  The plane is an obsolete type and does not have very high stats, but night observation can subtly increase the strength of your fleet in night battle.

9. UI Updates: Made it easier to check the 'all' checkbox on the resupply screen.  Fixed the issue where it was sometimes difficult to click the 'heart lock' when the wedding ring is present after wedding (kari)

10. Submarine equipment, 53cm 8 tube torpedo can now be used to trigger cutin attacks

11. Bugfixes: Fixed 12.7cm HA gun (late) being able to attack submarines.  Fixed bugs in the furniture shop where certain actions would cause incorrect behavior, Fixed bugs in the furniture rearrange screen when changing pages.

12. Bismarck Zwei stat update: Bismarck Zwei will receive buffs in max firepower, max AA, starting and max evasion, starting and max recon, and max Luck

So yeah, get ready to make your night battle life easier! Gotta get your Yasen and Ayanami trained because they come with the new said gear mentioned in the update!

As usual I'll provide you a look at the new Kanmusu when I get the chance.

Sendai Kai Ni

Ayanami Kai Ni

Both of them come with flares and searchlights, while Sendai gets the type 98 seaplane
Also I can't resist but to laugh at Sendai now becaause I never would of imagined her weilding a torpedo like a kodachi
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:04:37 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Chaore

« Reply #824 on: June 20, 2014, 08:05:33 AM »
Seriously. Freaking Sendai, you're killing me.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #825 on: June 21, 2014, 01:20:17 AM »
IT'S HAPPENING.

(Nendoroid Ooi and Kitakami are up for preorder, too)

Also I can't resist but to laugh at Sendai now becaause I never would of imagined her weilding a torpedo like a kodachi
Sendai is totally ninja and I love it.
Right now I'm sitting on 69/76/100/76k resources and 1400 Buckets but I'll probably dip into my reserves to do some grinding and map clearing.

highzealot

« Reply #826 on: June 22, 2014, 12:50:39 AM »
So I once made a Kancolle Fangame in January and because I decided to finally make it public elsewhere, I might as well post it here. It's supposed to be a rogue-like. All details can be found in the description of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRezOrM9X0

Totaku

« Reply #827 on: June 23, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »
That's interesting considering you're the one who made it, I should actually try it out somethimg.

Anyways, I haven't written up on this yet so I'm give you a heads up on what the devs have mentioned as of recently regarding July and the event.

First the event:

As we know the event is Operation AL / MI. It has been made clear it'll be in the Summer, but form what I can tell it might not be this month. So we still have time. But it could appear anytime between August or as late as September.

Now regarding this month's updates:

As of this point: The devs mentioned that two ships will be getting Kai 2 this month.

1. A fast battleship that took a hit, lost it's fuel and was sunk at base.

This of course is the one everyone has been waiting several months for. That would be Haruna. She is going to get an upgrade at some point. So I expect like any other Kongou Sister, train her to level 75. I anticipate she'll have the strip camo turrent design to relfect her camo she got torward her last few days in battle.

2. A CA, that recived a camo, outlived the rest of thier sister ships, and survived the war.

That can only mean there are one of two ships that fit that category.

They would be Myoukou and Takao. Both of them pretty much did the same thing in thier history, and both actually wound up stuck at the same port for the remainder of the war!

So both of them are ideal candidates for this upgrade... the question is though, which one will get it?

Leaning in favor of Myoukou because of Bob's streak lately with his Kanmusus.

This is all that is known for the time being, more will be revealed as we get closer to July.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:39:35 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #828 on: June 23, 2014, 04:56:24 PM »
2. A CA, that recived a camo, outlived the rest of thier sister ships, and survived the war.

That can only mean there are one of two ships that fit that category.

They would be Myoukou and Takao. Both of them pretty much did the same thing in thier history, and both actually wound up stuck at the same port for the remainder of the war!

So both of them are ideal candidates for this upgrade... the question is though, which one will get it?

Leaning in favor of Myoukou because of Bob's streak lately with his Kanmusus.
I'm in favour of Myoukou as well considering Haguro got her Kai Ni awhile ago as well.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #829 on: June 24, 2014, 11:10:44 AM »
I keep missing the damn lottery.

Totaku

« Reply #830 on: June 24, 2014, 12:53:12 PM »
I keep missing the damn lottery.

The lottery isn't hard if you know what time it takes place. If you follow the Kancolle Twitter, they'll usually make an annoucement on the time.

Make sure to set your time to JST so you're on the same time as Japan so you can get into the lottery when it actually starts.

Course if needed, you can go to Kancolle forum and look it up when they announce it. They usually will give you the heads up there hours in advance. Giving you the time to prepare.
http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-News-and-Announcements

Also if necessary, there's also a group there who can help assist you with making it past the lottery if needed.

Just keep in mind that lotteries are held around once every day or two and usually fill around 3500 slots / lottery.

On a different note:

Tenryuu and Tatsuta figurines are on order right now. You can pre-order both for 27,648 yen till September, and they'll become available on January.
Now I Twitter

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #831 on: June 26, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »
So I got into the game, but when will I start getting bigger ships? I'm only on 1-3 and my shitty destroyers and Isuzu are already at their limit.
I know you can construct them but there's no way I can afford that, because the destroyers get wrecked every fight and I have to repair them.
Also, I made an airplane but I can't place it on Isuzu even though it says she has a capacity of 2 planes.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #832 on: June 26, 2014, 05:26:09 PM »
So I got into the game, but when will I start getting bigger ships? I'm only on 1-3 and my shitty destroyers and Isuzu are already at their limit.
I know you can construct them but there's no way I can afford that, because the destroyers get wrecked every fight and I have to repair them.
Also, I made an airplane but I can't place it on Isuzu even though it says she has a capacity of 2 planes.
It might be wise to start investing in some heavy cruisers. They're not on par with battleships or carriers in terms of firepower, but they do help early on and can take more punishment than the others in the earlier levels.  They're fairly cheap to construct as well if you use the 250 fuel, 30 ammo, 200 steel, and 30 bauxite recipe.

As for Isuzu, she can only carry the most common type of recon plane, no other aircraft can be equipped I believe.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #833 on: June 26, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »
Ok, I figured it might be something like that. The plane I made is a torpedo bomber.
I'll have to try the heavy cruisers out, although after leveling my destroyers and light cruisers a little, 1-3 wasn't so bad.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #834 on: June 30, 2014, 11:35:22 AM »
Does anyone ever encounter the kind of situation where you attempt construction of a battleship or CV but end up with a heavy cruiser you already have?

Totaku

« Reply #835 on: June 30, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »
Does anyone ever encounter the kind of situation where you attempt construction of a battleship or CV but end up with a heavy cruiser you already have?
All the time Mr. Lincion, all the time! Welcome to the RNG system. Regular ship construction is especially known for this, the only way you can get that BB or CV you want is to spam the recipe often until you get one.

Anyways as a heads up!

This Week's Maintenance will be set for July the 4th in Japan (July the 3rd for some of us.)

So make sure your ship girls are ready for this date. Also be sure to train your Myoukou as well because it's now confirmed she's getting an upgrade this week since the recent tweet mentioned she sunk this month.

Also expect new furniture to boot!

Meanwhile, remember that time when I mentioned about that Kowadawa and DDM bought the rights to the title "Castle Collection"?
Welp... it's happening now....
http://www.dmm.com/netgame_s/shirocolle/
I'm not sure what to say. I get the feeling they want to see if they can repeat the success they did with Kantai Collection. I wander if they can actually do this...
But yeah, we now have castle girls on the horizon. The game's not out yet, but it's clear it's coming...
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #836 on: June 30, 2014, 04:26:34 PM »
Meanwhile, remember that time when I mentioned about that Kowadawa and DDM bought the rights to the title "Castle Collection"?
Welp... it's happening now....
http://www.dmm.com/netgame_s/shirocolle/
I'm not sure what to say. I get the feeling they want to see if they can repeat the success they did with Kantai Collection. I wander if they can actually do this...
But yeah, we now have castle girls on the horizon. The game's not out yet, but it's clear it's coming...
Whoa, wait a sec. I thought I'd heard it was gonna be a mobile game instead. It's actually going full browser game?

Chaore

« Reply #837 on: June 30, 2014, 05:36:12 PM »
This Week's Maintenance will be set for July the 4th in Japan (July the 3rd for some of us.)

Well that's a funny coincidence :v

Also yo, castle collection. Tower defense? How will they shove the RNG in now?!

Totaku

« Reply #838 on: July 01, 2014, 05:46:55 AM »
Whoa, wait a sec. I thought I'd heard it was gonna be a mobile game instead. It's actually going full browser game?

You're confusing that with ShiroHime Quest which is also a Castle Girl game being made by Kowadawa, but it's a mobile app that's in production that's suppose to be release "sometime this year"

Oshiro collection on the other hand had been mentioned as far back as Febuary when it was reported that DDM and Kowadawa bought the rights to the title names "Oshiro collecttion" and OshiColle" It was planned to be a browser game, much like Kantai Collection. As of this point we know that it has a definete release date set for Fall 2014. But you can register now if your want to be able to get in to play it when it's released.

So yeah, there are two castle girl game being released within this year.... by the same company.
Now I Twitter

« Reply #839 on: July 01, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »
You're confusing that with ShiroHime Quest which is also a Castle Girl game being made by Kowadawa, but it's a mobile app that's in production that's suppose to be release "sometime this year"

Oshiro collection on the other hand had been mentioned as far back as Febuary when it was reported that DDM and Kowadawa bought the rights to the title names "Oshiro collecttion" and OshiColle" It was planned to be a browser game, much like Kantai Collection. As of this point we know that it has a definete release date set for Fall 2014. But you can register now if your want to be able to get in to play it when it's released.

So yeah, there are two castle girl game being released within this year.... by the same company.
your spelling of Kadokawa is impressive