Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287494 times)

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #720 on: May 02, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »
God, started E-3 today after the nightmare that cost me ALL my buckets (E-2).....

4 sorties, all reached boss node, 2 times hime left with <20hp, 2 times killed her

.....too bad every single sortie has been a MURDER on my repair!
1 CV sent to orange at preboss every time aaaand boss node tossing criticals left and right, leaving me running full bucket expeditions and having to WAIT because i can't repair my fleet >_>
i resorted to run the boss support exp because it was becoming ridiculous....

What i dropped?

E-1 --> "hahaha did you really thought you would drop, noob?"
E-2 --> Hatsukaze (don't like her but at least is rare)
E-3 --> Zuihou and Zuikaku! The game was probably drunk.... NEVER got 2 good drops in a row ever!

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #721 on: May 02, 2014, 11:28:11 PM »
S-So I've tried sortieing E-3 three times now. Reached boss node all 3. Only like 1 bar gone ; v; The boss is chewing the shit out of my planes too, massive resources drain confirmed. It'd be great if any of my ships can do more than 60 dmg in one shot at the boss ; v;

Also, last run I tried to support with a support fleet with 2 DDs, 1 CA and 3 CLs filled with cannons (don't judge me my only leftover BB was lv1). Apparently the requirements of at least 250 torp stat wasn't accurate, they only had 240 torp stat but still did torp barrage and did 5 dmg total ;_; This time I'm replacing Ooi (highest torp stat) with Ise and putting her at the flagship spot. She's only lv1, so I'm hoping the support fleet doesn't rely on level to determine accuracy like normal. (at least I think that's how it works, since anything below Flagship/elite battleships has trouble even hitting my big ships, and my fleet also has problems hitting really high level fleets in PvP)
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #722 on: May 02, 2014, 11:40:53 PM »
S-So I've tried sortieing E-3 three times now. Reached boss node all 3. Only like 1 bar gone ; v; The boss is chewing the shit out of my planes too, massive resources drain confirmed. It'd be great if any of my ships can do more than 60 dmg in one shot at the boss ; v;

Also, last run I tried to support with a support fleet with 2 DDs, 1 CA and 3 CLs filled with cannons (don't judge me my only leftover BB was lv1). Apparently the requirements of at least 250 torp stat wasn't accurate, they only had 240 torp stat but still did torp barrage and did 5 dmg total ;_; This time I'm replacing Ooi (highest torp stat) with Ise and putting her at the flagship spot. She's only lv1, so I'm hoping the support fleet doesn't rely on level to determine accuracy like normal. (at least I think that's how it works, since anything below Flagship/elite battleships has trouble even hitting my big ships, and my fleet also has problems hitting really high level fleets in PvP)

Are you using Sanshiki with double attack setup on all your battleships? I'm assuming you aren't as that setup will utterly annihilate the boss at night and with 4 BB, 2 CV, the basic E-3 fleet, most boss battles should end with an S-rank.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #723 on: May 02, 2014, 11:43:53 PM »
I'm running double attack on Fusou and double attack/cut-in combination (which is 2 main guns, 1 secondary gun and 1 ammo) on Hyuuga. So far Hyuuga has proc'd nothing, and all of Fusou's double attacks have been wasted on the other ships :I
Also, I have no sanshiki. The only ammo equipment I have is the AP shells. Equipment crafting's been laughing at my effort for the last several weeks ; v;

Edit: I also have no problem whatsoever with the rest of the whole event. My fleet can run everything else over pretty easily, and the boss node pretty much always ends on an A or B. Though the carriers don't do much damage on the boss either, might be RNG screwage or too much AA, idk.
Edit2: Aaaalso I only have 3 BB right now. Ise is lv1 so I'm putting her on the support fleet instead.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:47:44 PM by Raitaki »
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

highzealot

« Reply #724 on: May 02, 2014, 11:57:36 PM »
I'm not sure if how feasible to do it without Sanshiki. The only advice I have left is for your 3 BB, go for pure double attack for the night battle. I found that much more reliable. Other two slots with AP rounds and recon planes and if you don't have 3 AP rounds, go with radar. If not enough radars somehow, I guess more recon planes.

/Edit: Wait, by 3 BB, do you mean 3 BB on the main fleet or 3 in total meaning only 2 in the mean fleet. If so, this is really going to be a long battle for you. Thankfully you've got tons of time.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:03:04 AM by highzealot »

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #725 on: May 03, 2014, 12:10:39 AM »
Yeeeeeep. 3 in total. ; v;

Edit: Mogami with no guns whatsoever just hit the boss for 28 damage during the day shelling phase. No special attack. And she herself was in the red.
How the hell does damage in this game work.
Also, the support fleet is still using torpedoes :I I guess I have to only have at most 1 cruiser on the support fleet, or something. /SIGH
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:51:25 AM by Raitaki »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #726 on: May 03, 2014, 01:23:33 AM »
So, what are your drops so far?

Agano, The event rewards up to E-3, and a Maikaze.

This event doesn't quite like me.

highzealot

« Reply #727 on: May 03, 2014, 01:39:35 AM »
Made it to the boss for the first time on the third try. All sparkled. Spark fleet did work. All entered green I think except Taihou who was orange. The results?

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #728 on: May 03, 2014, 06:01:21 AM »
Ok Time to see if I can win this! So I'm starting a stream!

25k in fuel and steel, with a team of Carriers and Battle Ships. Will it be enough to conqure Wake-chan tonight?
http://www.livestream.com/totaku Stream is over!
Kancolle Don't Stop Till I drop stream: The Final Battle Against Wake Island
E-5 Aftermath
BIG SUCCESS!!

It took me only 4-5 attempts from the stream to make it to the boss node twice. And upon the second attempt at the Isolated Island Demon, my team did it's job. The supprts took out the annoyances, the main crew finished off the weakened. And by the time night rolled by.

It was Mutsu who delivered the final blow upon the Isolated Island Demon finsihing her off once and for all.

So E-5 is over!!! I've completed everything the event has to offer!

So now what's left for me since I completed the event itself?

Well I'm still hunting ship girls. So the event will now serve as a hunting ground to collecting ship girls.

So right now my priority is set as followed:

Highest -----> Hatsukaze
                       Mikuma
                       Noshiro
 Lowest------>Nagato

I also may attempt a few E-5 experimental runs to see if I can S-rank the boss node. Because I think it's very possible. It would just require a different set up.

Either way, I'm very satisfied with the outcome of this event. And now I have Sakawa to "pyan~" all day. She at least adorable when she squeekes. I'll give her that much. So yeah I'll probably train her soon enough.

For now I can say I'm happy knowing I have conqured all of the challenges.

(I still plan to stream, but I probably won't announce it, but it's usually on the late nights of the weekend as usual. At least till the next event rolls in.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:32:37 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #729 on: May 03, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
So right now my priority is set as followed:

Highest -----> Hatsukaze
                       Mikuma
                       Noshiro
 Lowest------>Nagato

I am so sorry.
Especially because this was my first attempt at E-2.

EDIT: Now I'm starting to think either this Hatsukaze is cursed or my first run used up all my luck because every run after has gone terribly.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:51:55 PM by Red Frost »

Espadas

« Reply #730 on: May 03, 2014, 09:34:58 PM »
Finished E-3! Thanks god this map wasn't a complete bastard like the previous one....

I cleared it in 10 sorties, 2 aborted cause crit to red and 8 boss encounters (the first 2 the hime survived with less than 20hp, all the others were kills)

Fleet used:

1 CLT (Kitakami/Ooi/Kiso Kai Ni)
 1 CAV (Mogami Kai)
 2 BB (Kongou + Haruna/Hiei Kai)
 2 CV (Kaga + Akagi Kai)

after the first 2 fights in which the hime survived i ran the boss support expedition (shelling) and with that the boss node was really simple....

And for once i actually dropped something nice! Zuihou and Zuikaku from boss node (+ Akagi from preboss.... too bad i already have it but it's still rare)

AMATSUKAZE GETTOOOO!

Now to face my last opponent, E-4 (because i'm not mad enough to try E-5 with my best BB being Kongou at lv 73 S_S)

Red Frost

« Reply #731 on: May 04, 2014, 08:42:59 AM »

I am now at peace.

About 25 tries in all, 60~80 buckets and 8k/4.5k/5k/2k used, sparkles recommended.  My final run was really lucky because I was 99% sure I had just a sliver over a full kill's worth left in the HP gauge and that I'd be stuck on the map for another day.
I'll start E-3 when I stop feeling like I need a nap.

« Reply #732 on: May 04, 2014, 10:17:53 AM »
So, five days left till the event is over.
I have finally acquired the forth fleet.
But damn you high leveled admirals have it hard.

Edit: So Mutsu Dropped at E-3 Boss node.

Edit:Edit: I got so frustrated that my blood vessels in my nose ruptured and bled when I got critted to red at the pre-boss node.
Edit:Edit:Edit: So apparently the blood that I shed was not for naught and I got Perfect S at all of the nodes except for boss node and cleared E-3 at the same time.I will consider sacrificing blood to the RNG gods the next time I sortie.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:35:31 PM by Labuto »

highzealot

« Reply #733 on: May 04, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »
Goddamn it, I've been afflicted with E-5 last kill syndrome.

/Edit: Fraking done

Fuel lost: 25863
Ammo lost: 20300
Steel lost: 24506
Bauxite lost: 3782
Buckets lost: 81
Damecon lost: 0
Girls lost: 0
Fighter pilots lost: Who knows
Sanity lost: A bunch

Finally done. Got nothing I want to farm for in any of the event maps. Time to take a well-deserved break and go back to 1-5 (I'd rather farm 1-5 than E-4) for Hachi, LSC for Bismarck and 3-2-A level farming.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:35:25 PM by highzealot »

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #734 on: May 05, 2014, 05:27:13 AM »
Roughly 10 buckets left
E-3 boss on final bar
LET'S DO THIS

To beat the map, I don't have to like, sink the boss in the last run right
Since I haven't been able to do that like, ever

Totaku

« Reply #735 on: May 05, 2014, 06:16:59 AM »
Roughly 10 buckets left
E-3 boss on final bar
LET'S DO THIS

The problem is.... you HAVE to sink her to win the map. When the boss is on her last leg you have to sink in order to clear the map.

If you have type 3 ammo, I would say start equipping it since Darwin-chan is weak to that.
Now I Twitter

Espadas

« Reply #736 on: May 05, 2014, 07:42:07 AM »
Roughly 10 buckets left
E-3 boss on final bar
LET'S DO THIS

Put all the Sanshiki you have on your hardest hitters (BB) and run Boss support expedition (the shelling one)..... i did this and i sunk the boss every single sortie. ;)

Chaore

« Reply #737 on: May 05, 2014, 07:59:20 AM »
Grinding E-4 for subs.

Get a free type 3 sonar- I mean Makigumo.

I am so conflicted.

Espadas

« Reply #738 on: May 05, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »
Premise: this night during daily construction i finally got my first Hachi so i'm really happy....

NOW I don't know whether i should be laughing my ass off or being scared shitless....

Tonight after work i planned to start trying E-4 (since if i grind hard enough i should be able to bring Shigure to Kai Ni) and while going to work by motorbike i found myself behind a taxi.
On its back i saw this:

R - TSUNTSUN - G

:o ......... really? REALLY?!?!? What is this, "I am Gary Moth****ucking Oak?"

My first reaction was almost crashing into said taxi because i laughed too hard.....  :D

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #739 on: May 05, 2014, 11:18:05 PM »

YES FREAKING FINALLY
Prepare to die E-3 boss <3

(now the hard and lengthy part of actually sinking her)

Edit:

WAHAHAHA. E-3 CLEAR.
I walked into this with Hyuuga and Mogami already orange, and they whiffed just about everything, can you believe it?
You guys weren't kidding about Sanshiki making this easy. I think Fusou's double attack did like a total of 400 on the boss :V
Speaking of, I've no idea why, but Fusou consistently outdamages Hyuuga, even before I got Sanshiki and Hyuuga had 2 35.6's plus a AP shell and surface radar and Fusou only having 2 35.6's. Their firepower were both maxed too, but Hyuuga wasn't remodeled, so Hyuuga had like 20 more firepower. Do remodels and levels make a ship's everything better without affecting stats, or something?

Got Amatsukaze, of course, but since I already have a Destroyer-of-Subs-in-training I'll just keep her on expeditions as backup.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:03:42 AM by Raitaki »

Chaore

« Reply #740 on: May 06, 2014, 12:03:41 PM »
game please, i don't need the agano class girls

i just want a sub ;w;

Red Frost

« Reply #741 on: May 06, 2014, 01:07:33 PM »

10k/7k/7k/4k and 51 buckets spread out over 13 attempts.  Not having to worry about dead ends or pesky night battle nodes made E-3 incredibly enjoyable.  The map was also very kind to me in the drop department and gave me Shoukaku (x2), Hamakaze, and Zuikaku.  I'm thinking E-4 is totally doable with the amount of time and resources (34k/40k/57k/57k 1100 Buckets) I have left.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #742 on: May 06, 2014, 03:32:59 PM »
game please, i don't need the agano class girls

i just want a sub ;w;
I know that feeling. I've spent over a month attempting to farm 1-5 for Iku/Hachi.  My building attempts haven't been great either.

Needless to say, Goya is the bane of my existence right now. ;-;

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #743 on: May 06, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »
So I wasn't able to play at all last week, and started the event yesterday. Sped through E-1 no problem, decided to try E-2, and just squeaked my way past the night battle node to trash the boss once. This morning, I tried to do the same again, but couldn't. 25 times, I either got sent to the bauxite node, or got critted to red. Just as I was about to give up, I suddenly got through, and then again, and again. It let me through 5 times in a row so that I could murderize the boss. Then, the icing on the cake, after beating the boss that final time, it dropped Nagato.
I seriously couldn't be any happier right now.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #744 on: May 06, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »
So I decided to give E-4 a try.

Man, after E-2 and E-3, E-4's preboss is not threatening or rage inducing at all, because it takes up little resources and none of the ships besides the wo-class can crit me hard enough to red (and even then the wo-class misses 70% of the time)

In 5 attempts I already got the flagship at boss node down to half health (twice got sent back because of 1 ship getting shot to red as I'm not using Damecon this time)

Hell, I'm still getting a net gain on resources because of how little it uses. Since we still got until Friday I'm taking my time on this.

Espadas

« Reply #745 on: May 06, 2014, 05:49:20 PM »
AARRRRRGH STUPID RNG!! STOP GIVING ME MAKIGUMO/SUBS!

Chaore, i would GLADLY swap my spare subs for even ONE Agano class.... T_T

I wanted to farm E-3 or E-4 for Shoukaku/Hamakaze/Suzuya etc... but i'm totally out of buckets.... ?_?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #746 on: May 07, 2014, 11:47:03 AM »
Farming E-3 - veeeeerrryyy sllllllooooowwwlly, due to examinations in progress.

Happily, picked up Tanikaze on my second run.

Espadas

« Reply #747 on: May 07, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »
Alternating E-3 / E-4 due to bucket starvation.....

RNG was initially her usual troll self by giving me AKAGI, when i wanted anything but her....
then she recognized it was a bit too trollish and gave me my first NAGATO! ^.^

Totaku

« Reply #748 on: May 07, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »
As a reminder:

Tomorrow is a scheduled maintance day.

It is important to note that on that day the event will come to an end once maintenance starts.

So get what you can done before tomorrow scheduled maintenance! Because once the game restarts the event will be gone.

I hope you all got what you were looking for in this event.

I'm personally happy obtaining the main new things I've gotten from this event. I'm still trying to get Hatsukaze at E-1... I'm just hoping I get her before I this event ends. I want to avoid 3-4 torture if necessary.

Something to note regarding the update:

3 more CAs sisters are expected to get some new dialogue.

This leads me to believe that this is the Myoukou class since Ashigara got herself some new dialogue with this update (she has a thing for curry)

Other than that, we should be getting that first anniversy scroll soon as well.
Now I Twitter

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #749 on: May 07, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »
Speaking of, I've no idea why, but Fusou consistently outdamages Hyuuga, even before I got Sanshiki and Hyuuga had 2 35.6's plus a AP shell and surface radar and Fusou only having 2 35.6's. Their firepower were both maxed too, but Hyuuga wasn't remodeled, so Hyuuga had like 20 more firepower. Do remodels and levels make a ship's everything better without affecting stats, or something?
I missed this but Hyuuga and Fusou turn into Aviation Battleships (BBVs) on remodel. They sacrifice some firepower for better everything else. This is why Fusou keeps doing much more damage than your remodeled Hyuuga.

Anyways, I just beat E-4

After dodging every pre-shelling torpedo attack, Naka-chan decided to be everyone's favourite idol and went right after the boss, one-shotting it. We then proceeded to steam-roll the rest of the enemy fleet :V

I got what I wanted. Sakawa's not worth it at all to suffer E-5, at least for me. If she drops later maybe I might care but atm, for 3 medals and Sakawa is not a good enough prize. I'm keeping my medals in case the Haruna Kai remodel requires the blueprint (unlikely but you never know).