Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287472 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2014, 11:34:32 PM »
Double Post because I just wanna say

Fuck E-3, it's really unfair for middle-leveled admirals

Because while high-level admirals deal with a diamond formation pre-boss node (therefore their shots don't do as heavy damage), we have to deal with DOUBLE LINE, which fucks up everything and the 2 BBs tend to send the CVs all the way to red since they love to aim at them the most.

Seriously why.

Well, it is where we technically stop the event I guess.

Speaking of which: As of the moment, E-3 stream is still possible. Further updates down the line after i see how my workload works out.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #691 on: April 28, 2014, 11:36:10 PM »
I'm just mad because I wanna do E-4 for the extra repair dock (and get Amatsukaze). I actually had to use one DameCon on my Akagi

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #692 on: April 29, 2014, 03:54:00 AM »
So I've switched strategies for E-2. Instead of double line everything but the night battle node, I'm doing double line the carrier node, echelon the night battle node, and line ahead everything else. Seems to save a bunch of time, since either one ship gets redded right in the first node, saving me the trouble of getting miscellaneous damage on a most of the ship which spreads out bucket usage, or I somehow cruise all the way to the boss with everyone beat up :V

Cons: Augh, my steel and bucket stock are actually declining from day to day now ;_; though that might be because I shifted one expedition fleet from the first area expedition that gives steel, ammo and bucket to #9 (buncha fuel and up to 2 buckets, but takes longer) since my fuel was declining. My stock of buckets ain't too big, but losing a net 4-5/day seems managable, I still have like 15 left so once weekend hits/once I realize there's no more homework for the week I'll swap both expedition fleets back to the short duration expeds that give buckets, that should allow me to last the event.

Pros: As of now, E-2 only has 1 bar left, plus the tiny bit on the left :V I think in E-1 even in that state I'd still need to sink the boss twice more to clear, but that shouldn't be a serious problem. Pretty sure my fleet's been able to sink the boss flagship every time I've reached the boss node until now, and it didn't even survive the day phase last attempt :V

In other news, item crafting is still laughing heartily at me. I craft 4 times a day for dailies for the buckets, and still since the post where I got a midget sub, the best thing I've crafted was a 35.6cm cannon. Which I can easily pry off any BB drop. :I
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #693 on: April 30, 2014, 04:12:25 AM »
Alright so thanks to Totaku's advice, I decided to go Double Line against pre-boss node, and wow holy hell does it make a difference! Now my ships are getting by with light damage at most it seems.

Because of that I can deal a lot of damage to the boss now, even without Sanshiki (since I still don't have it unfortunately ;_;)

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #694 on: April 30, 2014, 04:35:21 AM »
Enemy fleet just pulled off 4 special attacks in the night battle node
are you freaking serious
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

« Reply #695 on: April 30, 2014, 09:36:51 AM »
At E-3, I got all of them ships sparkled, passed the first node perfectly, Akagi got critted to 大破 at 3rd node,and had to retreat.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #696 on: April 30, 2014, 12:55:49 PM »
Taking E-4 niiiiiice and slow at the moment. Don't have very good ASW gear, so it's only so-so. The pre-boss support expedition has been helping me a lot.

Just had a nice run where only Isuzu came out of the Wo-class node in red (damecon equipped, so no biggie). I hit the boss node thinking it would be a piece of cake - then the opening torp salvo knocked both Yuudachi and Shigure to red  :o.

Thankfully Verniy OHKO'ed the boss, so it didn't go so badly after all.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #697 on: April 30, 2014, 05:14:51 PM »
Alright. I've basically run out of buckets and I'm quickly losing fuel, but so help me I'm going to finish E-2 even if the stars have aligned against me.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #698 on: April 30, 2014, 05:22:19 PM »
Alright. I've basically run out of buckets and I'm quickly losing fuel, but so help me I'm going to finish E-2 even if the stars have aligned against me.
Grind expedition 2 and 5 for buckets and fuel respectively.

Also, go Echelon for night battle node. It really helped me :V

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #699 on: April 30, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »
Grind expedition 2 and 5 for buckets and fuel respectively.

Also, go Echelon for night battle node. It really helped me :V
That's the plan. Echelon s a bit of a hit or miss for me though as I'm screwed if anyone goes red. I've put some damage control on both Hiyou and Chitose, but even then it's a pain.

Another problem I've run into a couple of times is having Kuma get critted in the night node and then having to turn around automatically because she's the flagship.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #700 on: April 30, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »
if you're really worried, what I did is equip some damecon, since for E-2 you don't have to worry as much about them since they tend to miss ships in red. Only E-3 you have to worry because the flagship tends to always hit if they aim for them as well, so I dunno.

I used DameCons and never had to waste one on there in the end. E-3 I've already used 3 though :V

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #701 on: April 30, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »
if you're really worried, what I did is equip some damecon, since for E-2 you don't have to worry as much about them since they tend to miss ships in red. Only E-3 you have to worry because the flagship tends to always hit if they aim for them as well, so I dunno.

I used DameCons and never had to waste one on there in the end. E-3 I've already used 3 though :V
Hmm, I see...  Hiyou's actually been sunk already, but the damage control saved her, so I think I just have bad luck for the most part regarding the RNG.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #702 on: April 30, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »
I'm actually finding E-4 just a tad relaxing. Sure the chance of having someone sent to red is pretty significant but at the same time, destroyers repair fairly quickly so I'm basically having a net gain in resources. I also really like that non-boss battle bgm so that alleviates the usual anger from seeing red. I believe I'm somewhere between 25%-30% done after I think 4 attempts though I'm personally predicting somewhere around 30 attempts due to how the pre-boss is largely determined by RNG and there is also the chance to get red T on the boss. Using 4DD, 1CL, 1BB fleet.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #703 on: April 30, 2014, 10:12:38 PM »

It's over...

It's finally over...

Kongou got the super clutch 95 crit damage on the flagship in night battle and it was the most amazing feeling ever. Kongou gets the well-deserved MVP slot.

I wonder what's my reward for this?

...WELL I THOUGHT I COULDN'T BE ANY MORE HAPPIER I DIDN'T HAVE EVEN HAVE TO EVER USE LSC TO GET HER.

I got Amatsukaze and Nagato and Kaga from E-2 this event is the best. Thank you RNG-sama.

Meanwhile, one of the responses in #scarlet-library

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #704 on: April 30, 2014, 10:24:20 PM »
Oh lawd, here we go. I just need to beat the boss one more time. This is probably going to take a bit since I'm constantly running out of buckets now, but I've gotta get Akashi or I won't be happy with myself.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #705 on: May 01, 2014, 12:13:43 AM »
Double-post because I finally beat E-2. All three of my carriers were critted into the red, but everything went well because of a lucky advantageous T-cross. Also Kuma and her critical hit against the boss during the night phase.

Got what I wanted from this event, so I couldn't be more relieved. I'll probably just go back to my normal routine now.

Chaore

« Reply #706 on: May 01, 2014, 02:30:16 AM »
uh welp probably not actually going to stream tonight since i goofed off instead of work orz

maybe next time

Edit: First E-3 victory, since not streaming. Seems easy enough. This will probably change fast.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:02:56 AM by Chaore »

highzealot

« Reply #707 on: May 02, 2014, 01:48:58 AM »
Finished E-4, all resources net gain. Not looking forward to E-5. Theoretically though, I should have more than enough resources. I'll post the team and resources when I actually start E-5, probably tomorrow.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #708 on: May 02, 2014, 03:19:17 AM »
Finally cleared E-2, and got Akashi. Yaaaay.

Though Haruna sunk. and the last fight on the boss node taunted me with a Fubuki drop. Boo. There shouldn't even be common destroyer drops on an event map ;_;

Edit: Also I swear E-2 got harder and all the enemy fleets got more accurate and hit harder since I hit lv40. Is that one of the points where event maps get harder?

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #709 on: May 02, 2014, 05:50:44 AM »
I heard from a friend of mine who's currently playing the event that yes, it seems having an admiral level of level 40 or higher is the first milestone when the enemies begins to increase in difficulty.

The second milestone is around 80 I think.

Anyways as for a status report.

E-5: Entering the Madness that is Wake Island

If there's one thing I can use to describe E-5 it's that it's HARD and there are many ways you can be tossed back for repairs. Namely the middle node which many have come to nickname "The Great Wall of Symbiotic Battleship Hime"

Mainly because that node in particular has a Symbiotic Battleship Hime which if any of you were invovled in playing in the Iron Bottom Sound Event back in Fall. She was the final boss of the event.

So yeah now they decided to bring a final boss tier ship back as a regular enemy. And once again, she hits like a damn truck. If she's lucky enough to hit you you're likely going to be either moderate or critted from her shot (assuming you use Double Line formation) So yeah that node in paticular you have to pray to the RNG gods to let you pass... safely. ( generally will press onward even if my CVs are moderately damaged)

Beyond that the other nodes are cakewalk up until you reach the boss.

The boss is the Isolated Island Demon (AKA Wake-chan)

What makes battling her hard is the she comes with a very nasty fleet with her.

She has 2 floating fortress (easy to take out so no worried), 1 Symbiotic Battleship Hime (yes the SAME one you fought at the pre boss node), and finally 2 Flagship Rus.

Let's face it, Support fleet is a MUST for this boss node. You will have a very hard time otherwise destoying the Island Demon otherwise because of the other member of the fleet being such fantastic meat shields. This one requires LUCK.... A LOT OF IT. Because you while you're likely to beat down all the low rank mooks. The Battleship Hime will likley still stand and be there to stand in your way.

Most people suggest having Yamato to make life easier, but it's still possible to do it with other BBs. Mainly the Nagato class and if needed, Kongou class. You just need the time, patients and supplies needed. To hopefully last out till that one moment when you finally deliver the final blow to sink this monster.

General Fleet Recomnedations is either 3CV and 3 BB or 2 CV and 4 BB. Make sure to include a slow battleship to avoid the maelstrom. And SPARKLE EVERYONE IN YOUR FLEET AND YOUR SUPPORT FLEET! I cannot stress this enough. Because this boss is not a push over and you're going to need the highest possible advantage you can get.

As I stand, I'm about 1 kill away. So I might be able to do it. Hopfully I'll have the battle streamed because you're bound to watch me fail many times before I successfully beat her.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #710 on: May 02, 2014, 06:21:31 AM »
Aaalright, I'm doing E-4 too to avenge Haruna, the boss is too tanky, all my 41cm cannons are gone, so I think I need to use the support expeditions. The wiki doesn't really say what fleet comp I need for those, so can anyone tell me the fleet requirements for expedition 118?

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #711 on: May 02, 2014, 06:55:17 AM »
Aaalright, I'm doing E-4 too to avenge Haruna, the boss is too tanky, all my 41cm cannons are gone, so I think I need to use the support expeditions. The wiki doesn't really say what fleet comp I need for those, so can anyone tell me the fleet requirements for expedition 118?

Keep in mind:

The boss of E-4 is a sub. So support expiditions for the boss node won't be necessary since they can't fight the sub.

On the other hand if you're having trouble with the pre boss node (Wo Kai and her friends) then you can try a support fleet if you like.

Expedition 117 and 118 are support expeditions for the event. Regular nodes use 117 while 118 is for boss nodes. You will be two destoyers minimum to set up a support fleet. Depending on who you use as your fleet and your flagship will affect the attack they do.

Torpdeo support: Light cruisers and destoyers usually do this if they make up the fleet: Supposedly strong, but very poor aim resulting in low damage most of the time (not recommended)

Aerial support: Cvs do this if they're the majority of the fleet. Results in bominbg of enemy fleet. Be ready to pay in lots of bauxite.

Shelling support: occurs if Torpedo and aerial support conditions are not met(usually if you have at least two battleships in the support fleet. Good for doing shelling damage of enemy fleet. Will cost fuel and ammo though.

What I perffer for E-4's boss: Depth charge and Water SONAR combo for your destoyers and light cruiser. If possible, Type 3s. Make sure your also in line abreast since it's super effective against subs.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:00:15 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #712 on: May 02, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »
Question about support fleet.

Is the pre-boss the only non-sub node? As in all other nodes have subs only? Also, will this mean that expedition 117 will always activate on the pre-boss node or will it try to shell in other nodes too and fail?

Chaore

« Reply #713 on: May 02, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »
E-3 cleared instead of doing work.

Whoops.

Amatsukaze get, not sure If E-4 is realistic- my destroyers are pretty low level, Shigure and Hibiki aside.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #714 on: May 02, 2014, 02:21:55 PM »
Oh wait, derp, wrong map >_>
E-3. I meant E-3. Sorry :V

Edit: So does having more ships in the support fleet make it any better, or is there an optimal number of ships for it? And do the equipments of the support fleet matter?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:23:49 PM by Raitaki »

« Reply #715 on: May 02, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »
Oh wait, derp, wrong map >_>
E-3. I meant E-3. Sorry :V

Edit: So does having more ships in the support fleet make it any better, or is there an optimal number of ships for it? And do the equipments of the support fleet matter?
To quote the wiki.  Yes composition matters a lot.
1. Aerial Support
Sends a number of planes to carry out bombardment and torpedo attacks.
Condition: 3 or more CV, CVL or amphibious plane tender.
Resources: Bauxite and 4 units of Ammunition
Advantages:
Damage is spread out, and likely to hit the flagship (good for events)
Low cost since the only bauxite needed is for planes which were shot down by enemy AA.
Disadvantages:
Spread out damage is unlikely to sink any particular ship.
Planes sent are affected by enemy AA, so will be less effective against high AA enemy fleets.

2. Long distance Torpedo Attack
High miss chance and low damage. Currently, no practical use (stated in wikiwiki). Damage is lower than even normal torpedo attacks.
Condition: At least 4CL, CLT or DD. And has total Torpedo stats above 250.
Resources: 4 units of Ammunition

3. Support Shelling
If none of the aforementioned conditions are met, support fleet will use their main guns to shell the enemies.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #716 on: May 02, 2014, 04:31:05 PM »
Okay, I'm done with E-4. I really don't think I will take on E-5, though, given I only have 10k or so resources and will be too busy in the coming week to farm while playing. Oh, well, hope Sakawa comes in LSC sometime.

Gonna farm E-3 on and off with my remaining resources.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #717 on: May 02, 2014, 07:10:45 PM »
howdy folks, long time no see :V
beat e5 2 days ago... this event has been quite surreal, enjoyed it to the end (despite some ragey moments).

(not shown is a lvl 80 Haruna, the flagship I used for my final e5 runs)

So, what are your drops so far?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:44:54 PM by DeltaSierra4 »
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #718 on: May 02, 2014, 07:14:58 PM »
So, what are your drops so far?
I only managed to get Akashi and even then it was only because you get her automatically by clearing E-2. ;-;

highzealot

« Reply #719 on: May 02, 2014, 09:18:30 PM »
About to begin the E-5 process starting with sparkling of fleet. Below is my current resources and fleet setup. Not shown in this picture is 335 buckets.

If I return here in anger, please remind me that I have loads of time and early failures shouldn't affect the final outcome.