Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287420 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #660 on: April 25, 2014, 06:14:15 PM »
Now you know WHY the bosses in this event don't regenerate health.....  >:D

Hell, Even E-2 would be a HUGE pain in the ass with how stupidly luck-based most of the event maps are.

If they regenerated it'd cause riots...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #661 on: April 25, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »
Dammit, you guys weren't kidding about E-2. I've tried it three times so far and I've been stonewalled each time by the pre-boss node.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #662 on: April 25, 2014, 10:28:18 PM »
E-2 is going well for me though I only have a small sample size of 4/4 with one perfect S on boss not including the first try where the compass sent me to the deadend at the start.

Fleet:
Suzuya Kai Lv. 38: 15.5cm secondary triple cannon X2, Prototype serian X2
Kitakami Kai 2 Lv. 99: 15.5cm secondary triple cannon X2, Midget sub
Kongou Kai 2 Lv. 92: 46cm triple cannon X2, Type 0 recon seaplane X2
Nagato Kai Lv. 98: 46cm triple cannon X2, Type 0 recon seaplane X2
Taihou Kai Lv. 48: Ryuusei Kai, Reppu, Suisei Model 12A, Saiun
Kaga Kai Lv 93: Suisei Model 12A, Reppu, Reppu Kai, Saiun

First two successful runs were Suzuya with recon instead of serian and unsparkled and runs after that were sparkled and with current loadout.

Currently trying to take it slow and easy. I actually have more buckets than I had at the start of the event.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #663 on: April 25, 2014, 11:04:15 PM »
Hey guys, just letting you guys know that our university radio station is now playing Kancolle arranges!

Just click the link above, click listen in, download, and play :V We'll be sortie-ing live

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #664 on: April 25, 2014, 11:24:40 PM »
So I ended up putting my Searchlight on Kuma and there were suddenly no cut-ins in the pre-boss node when I ran E-2 right after.

WELL THEN.

Hey guys, just letting you guys know that our university radio station is now playing Kancolle arranges!

Just click the link above, click listen in, download, and play :V We'll be sortie-ing live
EDIT: Oh God. Why are you guys telling him to go ahead with those damaged ships. ;-;
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:33:53 PM by Kasu »

highzealot

« Reply #665 on: April 25, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »

Now I want someone to stream their sortes live so I could aid
Spoiler:
, complain and insult
them live.

Oh God. Why are you guys telling him to go ahead with those damaged ships. ;-;

Remember, it is safe to advance to a new node on orange though beware on a rare glitch where they were actually sent to red but it showed orange. It is also mostly safe to go into night battle with a ship in red if it started in the safe zone in the day.

/Edit: Had to leave at one point so I'm assuming they never told him to advance to a new node on red.

/Edit 2: Also, what was the twitter mentioned on the show? I couldn't catch that part and I doubt I would be able to spell out correctly even if I did.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:57:02 PM by highzealot »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #666 on: April 26, 2014, 12:08:47 AM »
Remember, it is safe to advance to a new node on orange though beware on a rare glitch where they were actually sent to red but it showed orange. It is also mostly safe to go into night battle with a ship in red if it started in the safe zone in the day.
Is it? Hm...  I'm usually horribly paranoid when it comes to this kind of thing though, so I almost always get out of dodge if someone hits moderately damaged.

On that note, just beat E-2 again. That's twice now.

Searchlights are incredibly useful for the night battle node.

Chaore

« Reply #667 on: April 26, 2014, 12:10:27 AM »
Now I want someone to stream their sortes live so I could aid
Spoiler:
, complain and insult
them live.

I'm almost considering doing it, on the plus, Kancolle is now recognized by Twitch too.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #668 on: April 26, 2014, 01:29:26 AM »
Yeah it was orange ships, they were fine.

Also, twice I went with red on girls with DamCon, and they still haven't got sunk so they still have em :V I guess RNG-sama favours the high risks.

Also, got Kaga on boss node fuckyea.

Also, the twitter mentions were their own twitter accounts to follow. It was @MomomeloX365 and @CondorTalon, as well as mine being @Gpop119
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:31:05 AM by Gpop »

highzealot

« Reply #669 on: April 26, 2014, 05:02:09 AM »
Finished E-2. Overall, I had a net loss in fuel only. Every other resource including buckets had a net gain.

I think I got really lucky compared to what I've heard of E-2. Second node BB never managed to do anything to me. I only received two non-threatening cut-ins on the night node and was never sent to red before the boss. Took 7 sorties overall as the first one somehow to the west deadend.

Maybe the RNG has decided to have pity on me after the Fall E-4? I think I'm still a tad bitter about that.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #670 on: April 26, 2014, 05:50:06 AM »
Ok, it's now the weekend and I think watching me try to beat my head against this event will be worth a laugh or two. So I'm streaming my event run tonight if anyone is interested. I will attempt to complete E-2 and E-3 hopfully tonight.
So come join Totaku's Kancolle Don't Stop till you Drop Spring Event Livestream and I'll give a report on the progress later for those that don't manage to come.
http://www.livestream.com/totaku
Stream Done for tonight

Status Report

E-2 Report Final Report

Thankfully when I started the stream, I had practially came up with the perfect plan that help me successfully conquer this map. I mainly decided to work on making sure Mutsu would be the protected in case she fell as the Achillies Heel by using a Damecon, and use the search light and Echolon formation.

It would take no longer than 2-3 attempts before I finally finished the map. The hell that was E-2 is over.

Overall it took me 45 attempts and a net lose of 60 buckets to complete that map. And a net lose in steel and Fuel ranking around 4k

Also got Akashi so now I can repair Kanmusus when I'm asleep. This is probably the most awesome prize to be given thus far.

E-3 Report

E-3 was the first BIG challenge.

Most of the map consisted of me going in the same direction (the north route). And in most of my attempts I was able to reach the Harbor Hime with easy.

Harbor Hime on the other hand was a mess to deal with. Not because of herself. But because of enemies I had to deal with.

The Harbor Hime herself, 2 Floating Fortresses, 2 Gold Ru Classes, and a Light Cruiser I think.

Because of this set up, it was built to crit hard, thankfully I was mainly capable of stopping the Hime in her tracks easily. But not without the entire team taking a massive hit.

What made this map hard was the cost of steel, ammo, fuel and buckets. Everything I reached the Harbor Hime, I had to resupply repair almost all the ships and make sure they would almost all sparkle to minimize issues.

By the end of the run fest. I had beating the Hime within approximately 15 attempts. Only a few of these attempts got stop short by lucky hits and in one case I didn't manage to defeat Harbor Hime.

I also blew through a net loss of overall 20k in fuel, Steel and Ammo and around 100 buckets from all three maps. This is one map, I'm actually glad to have gotten out of and will probably not return to it. But at least in the end I got Amatsukaze!  She looks like she could become another Shimakaze in terms of her stats, I will most definitely train her.

PS. I also got Tanikaze too from one of succesful attempts at Harbor Hime. So all is good. : )

E-4 Attempt

Can I tell you that this map is ridiculously easy?! I mean if you made lots of depth charges and water sonars and have a bunch of anti air guns. You can practically plow through most of the map easily.

My team is mainly Kongou, Isuzu, Verniey, Yuudachi, Shigure, and Shimakaze. And this team is effiecnt at sub dispatching.

The only concern is the pre boss node since it's a Wo Star Shooter wither her OP friends in tow. By odds are, I'll likely avoid most of thier attacks. So this make the map easy and the damage is minimal making it easy to reach the boss node. (Thought on some small occasiosn I can still get wrecked by Wo and company.

The boss itself is an Elite So-Class sub. So it's a no brainer what you should do. So-class seems to be a tanky sub, but it's hardly noticable. So beating it up is easy to do.

So far I beaten it twice out of 5 attempts.

So I'll probably have that map beaten with minimal effect before too long. Leaving me with the Ultimate Challenge... E-5....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:46:40 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #671 on: April 26, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »
Quick question. Is going southeast at the beginning of E-2 supposed to be the best way to clear the map? I'm only asking because I've seen a lot of people mentioning it while I've been going southwest and hitting nearly no problems until the pre-boss node.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #672 on: April 26, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
And I'm done with E-3, and down to +5K resources and 75-odd buckets. Setup in the previous post. No good drops, sadly. Amatsukaze looks like she may be a capable addition to round out my destroyer squadron. I think I'll chip away at E-4 before stopping.

Quick question. Is going southeast at the beginning of E-2 supposed to be the best way to clear the map? I'm only asking because I've seen a lot of people mentioning it while I've been going southwest and hitting nearly no problems until the pre-boss node.

I personally went with southwest, given the lack of a Ta-class in the node on that side. It's probably just so they can have an extra night-battle-capable ship.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #673 on: April 26, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
I personally went with southwest, given the lack of a Ta-class in the node on that side. It's probably just so they can have an extra night-battle-capable ship.
Ah, alright. It was just a little confusing when people seemed to mention that going southeast was easier than southwest even though the two yellow carriers in the southwest node have barely given me any problems.

EDIT: Well. Looks like the RNG decided to stonewall every single E-2 attempt I made today.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:34:11 PM by Kasu »

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #674 on: April 26, 2014, 11:09:47 PM »
E-1 clear
E-2's been surprisingly easy so far. Even with 3 of my ships only around lv20, the whole run basically comes down to if anyone hits red or one of the carriers hit orange or not (they very rarely do, Akagi and Hiryuu thankfully are like, on a completely different level ever since I cleared 2-4 :V). The only issue is if Hibiki-chan randomly gets a big hit along the way, but that doesn't seem to be very likely either since somehow she rarely takes more than half of her HP in damage from any one hit (I've seen her take 2 damage from full HP from one of those yellow cruisers before, I swear level must make ships more durable or something). Once I got to boss node it's ez, pretty sure Hibiki and Haruna can one-shot the Ru-class every time, and Mogami and Tone has an oxygen torpedo each so they can do decent damage too. Though the Ru-class can randomly crit Akagi or Hiryuu and send them to like 2 HP from nearly healthy :I

Also, what's with all these Takaos I've been getting? I swear, I must have gotten like 7 or something from the event maps, holy fuck.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #675 on: April 26, 2014, 11:47:20 PM »
Decided to take a break over the weekend to let my resources build up again. Gonna try E-3 on Monday, and get my Amatsukaze!

Chaore

« Reply #676 on: April 27, 2014, 12:02:20 AM »
Decided to take a break over the weekend to let my resources build up again. Gonna try E-3 on Monday, and get my Amatsukaze!

That's my plan too~ Atleast, I need more steel. Might want to get Souryuu trained to replace Bullet Catcher Zuihou as well, since E-3 probably needs a bit stronger of a team.

« Reply #677 on: April 27, 2014, 01:44:18 AM »
Finally beat E-2, going to stop now, beating E-3 is impossible for me at my level.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #678 on: April 27, 2014, 01:56:58 AM »
Don't say that. All event maps are created based on admiral levels, so anyone can beat them. E-3 is apparently much easier than E-2 as RNG is not as heavily focused on

Chaore

« Reply #679 on: April 27, 2014, 03:14:04 AM »
Don't say that. All event maps are created based on admiral levels, so anyone can beat them. E-3 is apparently much easier than E-2 as RNG is not as heavily focused on

There is an exception! E-5 is COMPLETELY unreccomended for beginners/newer admirals. Even at around 57, The final node is only slightly easier on an already horrifying map.

The main operation however, is generally very much easier for newer players however.

highzealot

« Reply #680 on: April 27, 2014, 05:16:14 AM »
Never give up. Never surrender. Not until there are no more buckets left. Not until the fuel reserves are empty. Not until maintenance is seconds away.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #681 on: April 27, 2014, 06:00:26 AM »
Ok I'm setting off to go to Subways and hopefully make my way to Wake tonight night. Who knows I may be victorious.. maybe?

Anyways as before I'm doing another Matathon Stream for tonight.
http://www.livestream.com/Totaku Kancolle  Stream is over!

E-4 Report Part 2

I guess when I said it was easy, I really tempted the gods of the RNG because the map I was plowing through turned into a distater zone REAL QUICK.

Basiclly the pre boss node which once was a joke, turned into a mad zone when I got mangled quickly regardless of what I did. Eventually what I decided to do in the end after loosing a net of 40 buckets was attempt to get a damage control team put together. Ultimately putting it on all the Kanmusus.

Seriously, I think what I had there was a terrible case of bad luck that pretty much messed me up badly. Maybe I could of braved on to the next node and survive the subs. But I wasn't willing to gamble the Kanmsus' lives for this.

Thus why I decided to place damage control on everyone. Even then the game threw me in a T-Cross disadvantage making it impossible to take out the So-class.  But through all of this. I spent 40+ buckets and 4 damn hours just trying to depelete the final pieces of it's health bar.

Thankfully I prevailed and got my my new boiler, another repair facility to add to Akashi, a repair goddess, and a more medals.

Now only one place remains....

A Taste of E-5

E-5 if I can summarize it, seems to be another resource consuming map. Much like E-3. Except with a set of complex branching rules, and many ways to screw yourself over.

The most infamous of these is the "Great Wall of Battleship Princess. The middle node that consist of a Battleship Princess ready to slaughter your Kanmusus with ease. I can hope that I can prevail this map.

In my second attempt I found hope by confronting the boss.

The Isolated Island Demon.

She of course is tough as nails,much like Harbor Princess. But is ALSO weak to Type 3 ammo. I managed to defeat her once. But not without my Kanmusu taking a heavy hit as well.

Either way, I'll have to beat her 7 more times, or chip away at her HP. I just hope 40k in resources and 220 buckets will be enough. I will slowly proceed with this map over the week to make sure I can have a chance, We'll see how it all goes later this week.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 03:02:24 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Chaore

« Reply #682 on: April 28, 2014, 02:40:02 AM »
Got my two more sanshiki and 3 ap rounds in like 1.3k steel. Success?

I guess I'm ready to gear up for E-3 I guess. May consider streaming it sometime this week, maybe wednesday?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #683 on: April 28, 2014, 03:26:58 AM »
Hah... Made absolutely no progress regarding E-2 the last couple of days. I threw some damage control onto Chitose and Hiyou though, so that shouldn't be too bad. Only problem is I'm randomly getting redirected to the western bauxite node now.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #684 on: April 28, 2014, 03:58:08 AM »
E-2 attempt started with perfect wipe of the aircraft node, then almost perfect wipe with next node with nobody even in the yellows yet, then ended with Akagi getting critted then double hit right into the red at the night battle node.

wtf RNG.

Edit: Hiryuu just got critted down to single digit twice in a row on two consecutive sorties on the first node. I...I think the game is telling me to give it up for the night ;_;
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:54:44 AM by Raitaki »
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #685 on: April 28, 2014, 06:58:36 AM »
I have the feeling that sparkle and a searchlight are borderline-indispensable for night battles.

Chaore

« Reply #686 on: April 28, 2014, 07:18:39 AM »
I have the feeling that sparkle and a searchlight are borderline-indispensable for night battles.

Echelon helps too.

It's how I managed it without either.

« Reply #687 on: April 28, 2014, 02:10:49 PM »
Woot, Boss node at 2-3 dropped a I-168. Also crafted a Yukikaze. Going to try and stock up for a few runs of E-3.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #688 on: April 28, 2014, 02:28:58 PM »
If the night battle node still forces you the line ahead get a new API. That's how it fixed the problem for me since they fixed the problem a day after the event but the API didn't get it yet.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #689 on: April 28, 2014, 11:17:14 PM »
Double Post because I just wanna say

Fuck E-3, it's really unfair for middle-leveled admirals

Because while high-level admirals deal with a diamond formation pre-boss node (therefore their shots don't do as heavy damage), we have to deal with DOUBLE LINE, which fucks up everything and the 2 BBs tend to send the CVs all the way to red since they love to aim at them the most.

Seriously why.