Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287459 times)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #570 on: April 04, 2014, 03:04:58 AM »
Finally, after about 40+ attempts at rare DD recipes.....

[attach=1]

Too bad I'm stocking up supplies for the April event, so I won't go for Bismarck just yet.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #571 on: April 04, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »
Lucky you.... i still can't drop nothing that i actually want, and my resources are loooow, cause i'm trying to level up my ships... (highest atm are my carriers at lv 57)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #572 on: April 04, 2014, 08:44:24 PM »
I've decided to slowly chip away at some of the sortie quests I have, but it'll probably take a bit.  I'm still hellbent on getting one more sub, but it's slow going.  Getting Imuya and Goya in the span of two days awhile ago was pure luck.

Hopefully I'll build Hamakaze while I'm attempting to build the subs (she is buildable, right?).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:47:53 PM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #573 on: April 04, 2014, 10:50:32 PM »
I've decided to slowly chip away at some of the sortie quests I have, but it'll probably take a bit.  I'm still hellbent on getting one more sub, but it's slow going.  Getting Imuya and Goya in the span of two days awhile ago was pure luck.

Hopefully I'll build Hamakaze while I'm attempting to build the subs (she is buildable, right?).

As far as I recall no she's not buildable, she can only be obtained via drops.

Reports show she can be found in 2-2 boss node, 3-3 boss node, 4-4 boss node, and through out world 5's boss nodes. Still she's seems very rare to get. So best of luck to you all.

Other than that reports for Next week's update (the 9th) shows that a Sisterless CVL will get new Kai art, and we are going to get new BGM, that's all that is known at the moment.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #574 on: April 05, 2014, 05:10:19 AM »
As far as I recall no she's not buildable, she can only be obtained via drops.

Reports show she can be found in 2-2 boss node, 3-3 boss node, 4-4 boss node, and through out world 5's boss nodes. Still she's seems very rare to get. So best of luck to you all.

Other than that reports for Next week's update (the 9th) shows that a Sisterless CVL will get new Kai art, and we are going to get new BGM, that's all that is known at the moment.
Ah, thanks.

Also, my guess is that it'll be Ryuujou.  There aren't many sisterless CVLs that I can think of off hand.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #575 on: April 05, 2014, 05:12:28 AM »
Ah, thanks.

Also, my guess is that it'll be Ryuujou.  There aren't many sisterless CVLs that I can think of off hand.
There's also Houshou :V

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #576 on: April 05, 2014, 05:20:26 AM »
There's also Houshou :V
Ah, true. It's late, so I can't think straight.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #577 on: April 05, 2014, 06:06:00 AM »
Ah, true. It's late, so I can't think straight.

You'd be forgiven for that. There's only two, and Houshou doesn't get much love.

It's probably Ryuujou anyway because Houshou's art is fine as is and the artist who did ryuujou seems to be updating their shipgirl's art since they've improved.

Totaku

« Reply #578 on: April 08, 2014, 05:31:24 AM »
Well this week has been one glorious collection fest for me.

During the weekday: Obtained Z3 and Uzuki

During Weekend Stream: Obtained Bismarck via LSC and Yukikaze craft while streaming, beat 5-3 for the second time and now obtained Naganami as my prize.

Today: Obtained Booby Myon Hamakaze

I wonder how long my mad lucky streak will continue, I'm surprise it's raining all these delicious and rare ship girls right now for me.

Anyways an important reminder for you all:

Tomorrow is Maintaince day. So get what you can done in the next several hours because they'll be adding in new content during the maintenance period.

As a reminder: Here's what the staff mentioned from thier tweets:

1. A smaller CVL is going to get an kai art update this week. (This can be either Houshou or Ryuujou now)

2. Two Sister CVLs will be getting new daialouge

3. There will be new BGM. Where? We do not know.

4. There will be some tweaks done to recon seaplanes.

That's about all that's known ATM.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #579 on: April 08, 2014, 02:02:14 PM »
The rarer destroyers continue to elude me, but on the upside I've managed to snag five of the big six aircraft carriers.  Now I just need Zuikaku.

I wish I could find Yayoi at the very least to finish one of the composition quests, but I'm more focused on getting Kongou to level 75.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #580 on: April 08, 2014, 03:23:03 PM »
And I just picked up Uzuki from a 2-2 run! Plenty of RNG favor here, it seems.

And Kasu, I would be prepared for a long wait if I were you - I have 5 of the big six plus Taihou, but Zuikaku hasn't shown up.........

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #581 on: April 08, 2014, 05:02:22 PM »
And Kasu, I would be prepared for a long wait if I were you - I have 5 of the big six plus Taihou, but Zuikaku hasn't shown up.........
All in the RNG.  I remember back before I got screwed over I had Zuikaku and had terrible luck trying to find Shoukaku.

Espadas

« Reply #582 on: April 08, 2014, 05:11:58 PM »
Well this week has been one glorious collection fest for me.

During the weekday: Obtained Z3 and Uzuki

During Weekend Stream: Obtained Bismarck via LSC and Yukikaze craft while streaming, beat 5-3 for the second time and now obtained Naganami as my prize.

Today: Obtained Booby Myon Hamakaze

....why do i have this sudden desire to spit in your face?

i've been cursing like a sailor against the compass that keep screwing me over and over and over....

Totaku

« Reply #583 on: April 09, 2014, 07:23:41 AM »
Maintaince has ended!

So let me give you the lowdown on what has been added into the game for 4/9's update

1. Ryuujou has been given new Kai art.

2. Chitose and Chiyoda now have new daialouge given to them in thier aircraft carrier (Kai and Kai Ni) form. They also have new marriage dailouge

3.Shimikaze Kai now comes with new daialouge both at base and in battle.

4. New BGM music for World 1-5 and a new mix for the Night Battle theme

5.White Day Cookies have been removed.

6. Equipment set up for some abyssmal fleets have changed. Some fleets set ups now have recon planes. Some changes have been done to Re Class, Ru class, Ri class and Ta Classes with these additional setups.

7. Remove entire fleet button has been added! You can now remove and entire fleet minus your flagship from your fleet composition. This will make your life easier since you won't have to remove them one by one anymore.

That's about it for this update!

Here's some Ryuujou in her new kai form

http://i.imgur.com/uX0iODA.png

And also to remind everyone:

2 more weeks before the Spring Event
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:38:08 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #584 on: April 09, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »
Shimakaze's new lines are so...happy and cheerful

...I like. Shimakaze best gurl

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #585 on: April 10, 2014, 05:01:49 PM »
Ahahaha.....I just finished 4 runs of 5-4 back-to-back. Why?

My personal "superstition" is that the RNG is streakish for me. I'll have a bunch of carriers drop, then a bunch of DDs, and a bunch of battleships, and so on.

So I decide to do one run. Yuugumo drops at the boss node. I already have one, but I thought - "Hey, maybe I can get Hamakaze!"

So again. This time, it's Uzuki. Again!

And Naganami. Ughh.......again!

Hit the boss node, but there are still 4 ships left at night battle. Given my farming fleet was Yuubari (4x drums)/Kongou/Hiei/Kirishima/Taihou/Kaga, I usually can only sink 3 at night, but I went anyway.

Then Yuubari OHKOs an Elite Ta-class.  :o I finish with an S-rank, but then - Kongou drops. Streak over.  :(

I can't help but feel I accidentally drained someone else's luck with the first 3 rare DD drops, since they were all copies......

Espadas

« Reply #586 on: April 11, 2014, 09:10:21 AM »
I STILL cannot drop Yuubari.... i'm so freaking angry over it....

Btw, speaking of Hamakaze, which are the confirmed maps where she drop? The only one i have confirmation of is 2-2 boss node....

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #587 on: April 11, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »
Ahahah, managed to build Zuikaku yesterday. Now I've got all six of the regular aircraft carriers.

I'll probably try for Taihou soon, but I should build up some more resources first.

Chaore

« Reply #588 on: April 13, 2014, 12:20:00 AM »
Zuihou has repeatedly gotten herself nailed in the face everytime I've taken her out from repairs.

...does she really have 40 luck?

Totaku

« Reply #589 on: April 13, 2014, 05:30:29 PM »
Not sure why your Zuihou gets nailed alot, perhaps it's related to her evasion?

Anyways, interesting Dev news has been reported:

The Spring event has been revealed that there will be a lot of new things avalaible.

1. 4 new Kanmusus will be added to the game!

2. Speculated Kanmusus are Amatsukaze and Sakawa which will be part of the "new Kanmusu"

3. Another new kanmusu is a "kanmusu everyone knows from the base that will now be joining the battle." Wait? Are they referring to one of the side characters like Mamiya?! She will be the reward to the final map of the spring event most likely.

4. New game mechanic will be introduced.

5. 2-3 Kanmusus will be getting the Kai-Ni treatment.

6. In order to activate the kai-ni upgrade, you will need to obtain a free item. (What?!)

So yeah we got a lot of things to prepare for. I'm personally curious how we are suppose to obtain the said "item"

I wonder if has to do with those medals we've been collecting?
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #590 on: April 13, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »
3. Another new kanmusu is a "kanmusu everyone knows from the base that will now be joining the battle." Wait? Are they referring to one of the side characters like Mamiya?! She will be the reward to the final map of the spring event most likely.

4. New game mechanic will be introduced.

6. In order to activate the kai-ni upgrade, you will need to obtain a free item. (What?!)

So yeah we got a lot of things to prepare for. I'm personally curious how we are suppose to obtain the said "item"

I wonder if has to do with those medals we've been collecting?
Hmm, that's pretty interesting.  Good thing I've been keeping my medals then.

And I don't really think that it'll be Mamiya. What's the name of the girl in the Quest Menu though? I think it could be her.

EDIT: So I managed to construct Taihou on my first try somehow.

I guess all that's left to do is go for Akitsu Maru and hope they release more carriers sometime soon.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:34:01 PM by Kasu »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #591 on: April 15, 2014, 08:48:39 AM »
AHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote from The Straits Times, my local newspaper, from an article on how the Japanese SDF is softening their image:
The armed forces are also visible in youth culture, with young teens tuning in to "Girl und Panzer" a cartoon about schoolgirls who do battle in tanks. Japan's most popular Twitter hashtag in 2013 was #KanColle, a reference to an online game in which anthropomorphised warships compete to out-pretty each other as young girls. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/east-asia/story/japan-military-goes-charm-offensive-soften-image-20140414#sthash.6LBGsONf.dpuf

"young girls"
"out-pretty"

I guess "out-pretty"ing is now the euphemism for blasting alien warships in the face. Along the lines of "befriending", huh?

EDIT: So I managed to construct Taihou on my first try somehow.

I guess all that's left to do is go for Akitsu Maru and hope they release more carriers sometime soon.

You..........lucky b******, you......

Espadas

« Reply #592 on: April 15, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
AHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote from The Straits Times, my local newspaper, from an article on how the Japanese SDF is softening their image:
"young girls"
"out-pretty"

I guess "out-pretty"ing is now the euphemism for blasting alien warships in the face. Along the lines of "befriending", huh?

I think the author was trying to be funny, and you gotta admit half the appeal of the game is how pretty they are :D

More CARRIERS??? Do you hate your resources so much? Shinano is almost guaranteed to be around the corner, and i bet she will be a BLACK HOLE on par with Yuyuko, considering she was a YAMATO-CLASS battleship converted to SUPERCARRIER.....

So I managed to construct Taihou on my first try somehow.

........ i'll give you 5 meters of advantage...... RUN.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:32:24 AM by Espadas »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #593 on: April 15, 2014, 04:11:22 PM »
You..........lucky b******, you......
More CARRIERS??? Do you hate your resources so much? Shinano is almost guaranteed to be around the corner, and i bet she will be a BLACK HOLE on par with Yuyuko, considering she was a YAMATO-CLASS battleship converted to SUPERCARRIER.....
In my defense I've mostly been using light carriers so bauxite hasn't been a problem. I seem to be lucky when it comes to carrier for some reason though...

Also, Shinano would be awesome though I'm still holding out hope for the Enterprise.

Meanwhile, I-8 and I-19 are still out of my reach. ;>;

EDIT: Alright, now the RNG's just screwing with me. I did 1-5 today and I got I-58 at both the third and boss nodes in the same sortie.  I don't even.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:29:27 PM by Kasu »

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #594 on: April 16, 2014, 01:20:36 AM »

> Attempting Taihou recipe
Consolation prize obtained ; v;

Since things are getting somewhat hectic I decided to just stay put and save bauxite for Taihou, but what do I do with all this not-bauxite that's piling up

Edit: Okay decided to dump some of that pile on the 10/300/250/10 item recipe to see if I get more 46cm triples, but got a midget sub instead. o vo The consolation prizes are piling
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:25:00 AM by Raitaki »
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Totaku

« Reply #595 on: April 16, 2014, 05:45:13 AM »
Well all this talk about carriers and lucky gets lately has me pretty excited.

Personally I'm pretty much about to complete 5-4 (saving the last one for this weekend's stream) so after that I enter the big challenge (5-5)...but that's later. For now, Kanmusu training is priority.

Oh, while I'm at it here's something for you all that love using aircraft carriers and battleships.

The devs revealed a little bit about the recon plane system they're going to be adding in.

Basiclly they explain that depending on the type of plane you use for recon will affect different things in battle.

For example: If a certain recon plane makes "successful contact" with the enemy. This will in turn boost the damage caused by your air raids (thus CV will get a bonus benifit from this)

If a certain recon plane make a successful "detection of the enemy unit) this will cause a bonus for your shelling (How it affects it is unknown ATM)

So I hope you still have your seaplanes and Saiuns, cause they're going to have a benefit that might really help you out during the event. Also I wonder if this affects the enemies as well (Keep in mind, some Abyssmal enemy ships now seaplanes equipped, think about that as well)

Meanwhile on the twitter... It seems the devs have begun to tease us...

Image 1

Image 2

So...Who is this Kanmusu?
Now I Twitter

Chaore

« Reply #596 on: April 16, 2014, 06:18:41 AM »
Image 2

So...Who is this Kanmusu?

A shameless flirt posing like that, that's who. :colbert:

In seriousness, I'm actually putting money on Sakawa here. The emphasis on torpedos mostly. I don't think most destroyers do that, Steampunk crew exeunted.

Amatsukaze is supposed to be a Shimafriend so she's probably extra lewd too, though. ...And that's actually kind of a light seeming loadout.

So I hope you still have your seaplanes and Saiuns, cause they're going to have a benefit that might really help you out during the event. Also I wonder if this affects the enemies as well (Keep in mind, some Abyssmal enemy ships now seaplanes equipped, think about that as well)

Yay! My habit of keeping seaplanes on probably too many ships may pay off.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #597 on: April 16, 2014, 07:15:48 AM »
Huh, it seems Yukikaze has been getting plenty of pantsless friends lately....

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #598 on: April 16, 2014, 06:58:03 PM »
The seaplane thing should be pretty good. It'll probably make some of the enemy fleets really annoying though, but oh well.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #599 on: April 17, 2014, 01:42:20 AM »
In seriousness, I'm actually putting money on Sakawa here. The emphasis on torpedos mostly. I don't think most destroyers do that, Steampunk crew exeunted.

Amatsukaze is supposed to be a Shimafriend so she's probably extra lewd too, though. ...And that's actually kind of a light seeming loadout.

Her outfit and artillery don't look like the other Agano sisters.  Sister ships have had differing outfit designs before but I'm getting a Destroyer-vibe from the teaser.  It looks like she has her own Renshouhou-chan, too.