Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287513 times)

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #480 on: March 03, 2014, 06:39:16 PM »
Uh.... can someone explain to me just what kind of game is this? i tried to watch the videos and the wiki but i'm still a bit confused....
As far as i can tell: you have to build your fleet of battleships (represented by girls) and go into missions to battle other fleets. Is this even remotely right?

Another thing: is this playable on a computer? I've read it's for mobiles.... and if yes, do i need something particular installed? (since my portable computer is aroud the age of Napoleon.....)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #481 on: March 03, 2014, 08:47:56 PM »
Uh.... can someone explain to me just what kind of game is this? i tried to watch the videos and the wiki but i'm still a bit confused....
As far as i can tell: you have to build your fleet of battleships (represented by girls) and go into missions to battle other fleets. Is this even remotely right?

Another thing: is this playable on a computer? I've read it's for mobiles.... and if yes, do i need something particular installed? (since my portable computer is aroud the age of Napoleon.....)
It's basically an online card game where, like you said, you build a fleet made up of ships and battle enemy fleets.  There're more types of ships than just battleships though and they're all based on ships that served in World War II.  It's more than just battling other fleets in missions though as you have to build up resources as well to build more ships, and remodel and modernize your existing ones.

I don't think I explained it very well, but I hope that helped a bit.

As for playing it, it's a browser game. I haven't actually really heard about mobile versions, but unless something's changed I'm fairly sure it's predominantly a computer game.  Actually getting into the game can be tricky when you're just starting out though since you have to enter the lotteries they usually hold in order to get in.  I believe the lottery thing came about of the game getting so popular that the servers were getting overloaded, but I could be wrong.  I don't think that the age of your computer will matter, but I think the only program you need for the game is the latest flash plug-in.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Espadas

« Reply #482 on: March 03, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »
Thanks for the explanation! You have got me curious, is there a site or something that tells you when the next lottery will be and how to partecipate?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #483 on: March 04, 2014, 12:01:14 AM »
Thanks for the explanation! You have got me curious, is there a site or something that tells you when the next lottery will be and how to partecipate?
The wiki has most of the info for what to do regarding the lottery.  As for when the next one is, the Kancolle staff always announce it on their Twitter, though it's in Japanese.  They usually have  several each week though, but the wiki tells you what to look out for, so it shouldn't be too bad.  The main problem is the difference in time zones though. For instance, I'm in the U.S. and Canada Eastern Time Zone, so to take part in the lotteries I had to get up between 1 AM and 3 AM.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #484 on: March 04, 2014, 08:17:39 AM »
The expedition for the foreign girl isn't going to be a limited time thing, is it? Or is there any word on that yet?

There's no indication that it's going to be a limited time event. The staff would mention it if that was the case, so we can treat this as a permanent feature that'll be put in for good. So I wouldn't worry in case you don't have the sub team ready in time. This is if you just want to get ahold of your first forgien kanmusu once it's out.

HMK explained it rather well on the most part it summarizes the basics of the game to a degree.

As for where it's playable?

You need a computer, it's not available for mobile devices since the game is constructed mainly in flash. So if anything you just need your flash updated to your computer.

And as for your final question regarding the Lottery.

Use the wikia and look throughHow to register to understand the basics of what you need to partake in the lottery. Also check the Kancolle Staff's Twitter to know when you need to present for the lottery. Keep in mind times are set on Japan Standard Time, so in cases like this, know what time the lottery is being held and prepare for it.

Also keep in mind it may take several tries to make in through the lottery too. It took me 3 tries before I was successful.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:46:36 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #485 on: March 04, 2014, 02:36:22 PM »
There's no indication that it's going to be a limited time event. The staff would mention it if that was the case, so we can treat this as a permanent feature that'll be put in for good. So I wouldn't worry in case you don't have the sub team ready in time. This is if you just want to get ahold of your first forgien kanmusu once it's out.
Ah, good.  All I've got at the moment is Maruyu, and even if I hadn't lost access to my old account the only subs I had were from events.

I've got terrible luck when it comes to constructing or finding submarines.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:50:14 PM by Kasu »

Espadas

« Reply #486 on: March 06, 2014, 09:52:56 AM »
I'm an idiot..... the ONE time i don't check the wiki, there was a lottery going......  :fail:
That's it, tonight will be an all-night EoSD-fest till they open the friday lottery!  :dragonforce:

Totaku

« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2014, 06:25:29 AM »
OK I finally restocked to my cap level, but now something new has come up on the Dev news! So get ready for this...

1. Next update will be on the 14th in celebration of white day! (Are you ready to pay your Kanmusu you love back with 3 times the chocolate?)
This update will contain a new map and a new item. The new map that's being planned is suppose to be very challenging to boot. That's all we know for now.

2. Foreign Kanmusus will not be introduce in this upcoming update, but will likely come in the update afterwards.

3. Big Event(likely Midway) will come out for the month of April! To Celebrate the one year Anniversery of Kancolle!

So start preparing and stocking up! We're in for a wild ride especially next month since we will be getting ready to a serious event that'll likely last through the month of April! And if it's the midway event... Bauxite will be a MUST.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:31:09 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »
OK I finally restocked to my cap level, but now something new has come up on the Dev news! So get ready for this...

1. Next update will be on the 14th in celebration of white day! (Are you ready to pay your Kanmusu you love back with 3 times the chocolate?)

Please don't jinx us......

3. Big Event(likely Midway) will come out for the month of April! To Celebrate the one year Anniversery of Kancolle!

So start preparing and stocking up! We're in for a wild ride especially next month since we will be getting ready to a serious event that'll likely last through the month of April! And if it's the midway event... Bauxite will be a MUST.

Ugh....I only have about 20k bauxite - need to keep stocking up.

Oh, and by the way, another new map? So soon?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
2. Foreign Kanmusus will not be introduce in this upcoming update, but will likely come in the update afterwards.

The wait for the foreign girls is slowly eating away at me. ;-;

I don't expect to be able to do much for the event... Well, unless I'm able to get my last fleet before then.  Then I'll be able to stock up at least a little bit.

Espadas

« Reply #490 on: March 08, 2014, 09:54:30 AM »
I finally got in!  :D
Just had the time to choose Samidare and craft Fubuki and i had to run to work  :V

A question: the API Link way to play is safe (risk of ban if it's an illegal way)? Does my progression while playing that way get saved?

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #491 on: March 08, 2014, 10:18:44 AM »
I finally got in!  :D
Just had the time to choose Samidare and craft Fubuki and i had to run to work  :V

A question: the API Link way to play is safe (risk of ban if it's an illegal way)? Does my progression while playing that way get saved?

API is totally safe.  Really the only way you'll get banned is if you try to cheat or refresh a lot (you should never refresh).  You don't need to worry about saving or anything like that either, you just play the game.

Espadas

« Reply #492 on: March 09, 2014, 05:47:27 PM »
Uhh, is there a site that list the levels at which you can remodel the girls?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #493 on: March 09, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »
Uhh, is there a site that list the levels at which you can remodel the girls?
All of that's on the wiki.  Just bring up the page for the girl you want and it'll show their remodeled appearances, what level they remodel at, and the equipment they come with.

Also most destroyers can be remodeled at level 20.

Espadas

« Reply #494 on: March 11, 2014, 03:30:21 PM »
I guess i got lucky yesterday: crafted Shimakaze on my 6th attempt!  :derp:

Initially i was a bit perplexed at the hype around her besides rarity, so i decided to grind her a bit at 1-2 (modernized her with a few spare ships since i was near the 100 limit, put her on flagship with my best ships along).....

HOLY COW SHE IS A BEAST!! She got MVP every single time, surpassing my lv10 Takao and lv8 Kako (my best ones) while being lv 1! In night battles she always cut-in oneshotting someone with over 140 crits  :o
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:07:40 PM by Espadas »

Totaku

« Reply #495 on: March 11, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »
Congratulations on getting Shimakaze so early. It seems lots of newer admirals score rares during thier first few attempts somehow.

A good thing I will note about Shimakaze is that while she does have stats that are better than most destoryers (exception of Kai 2 of various destroyers) the one thing she out classes anyone in is her evasion. She will dodge most shots especially when trained to high levels. Just note that she also has the highest fuel/ammo consumption of all destoyers (which thankfully isn't too much higher from most destroyers)

But yeah, you'll learn to depend on her for being a distraction target for most enemies. Since odds are she'll dodge the shots.

Anyways as a heads up for everyone tomorrow is going to be a big update and I'll inform you this.

Foreign Ship Girls are confirmed to be coming this update now!

It was originally going to be slightly postponed, but the devs seems to changed thier mind and decided they're going to put them in now.

So hopfully, for those who have completed thier sub expiditions, they will be ready for the big event which will come with this White Day update.

So as a reminder, here's what White Day's (3/14) update will contain (most likely):

Foreign Ship Girls which will become avalaible upon completing a sub quest.
A new quest
A new expidition
A new map (may be 5-5 or something new)
New Equipment (likely something the new foreign ship girl will have)

Hopfully I'll be ready. I know I haven't gotten to the sub quests yet
But I think I can devote some time to them after the update though.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #496 on: March 11, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »
Ah...  If only I was able to get someone other than Maruyu... ;-;

I'll be even sadder if the new girl is someone awesome like the Bismarck or the Enterprise.

Totaku

« Reply #497 on: March 11, 2014, 04:56:27 PM »
Ah...  If only I was able to get someone other than Maruyu... ;-;

I'll be even sadder if the new girl is someone awesome like the Bismarck or the Enterprise.

Let the Speculation begin!

Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #498 on: March 11, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »
Let the Speculation begin!

Well that rules out the Bismarck and the Enterprise at least, haha.

Also rules out a submarine and the most likely nationality for the ship would be German, so...

The gun doesn't really strike me as something from a heavy cruiser, but it could be a Deutschland-class heavy cruiser and they're most likely to do either a famous ship or a flagship, so for now I think the light cruiser Leipzig might be the mystery girl.

EDIT: Just checked and her uniform looks like that worn by the Kriegsmarine, so I think she'll be German if her nationality hasn't been revealed yet.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:08:36 PM by Kasu »

Espadas

« Reply #499 on: March 12, 2014, 01:21:12 AM »
ok this is getting ridiculous now..... HOW do you complete the Expeditions n. 4 and 5????
I've sent my highest levelled ships (8-12) fully resupplied and all sparkly and still wasn't enough....

i'm always starving for fuel because i can't complete these -censored- missions....

« Reply #500 on: March 12, 2014, 01:40:53 AM »
Expeditions 4 and 5 are when you start requiring different classes of ships. 4 requires three ships at minimum, and of the ones you send, one has to be a Light Cruiser and two have to be Destroyers.  5 is at least four ships with the same restrictions.

The wiki has info on these and others if you need it.

Espadas

« Reply #501 on: March 12, 2014, 01:56:54 AM »
The wiki has info on these and others if you need it.

........how....H-O-W did i miss that? I checked that page at least 3 times..... how in the world i didn't see the part about conditions? :colonveeplusalpha:

Thanks for that Sieg, i was raging mad.....

by the way, i've been trying to find the API Link following the instructions in the wiki but when i push f12, among the strings there isn't anything similar to the one in the example..... anyone have my same problem (vpn is soooo slow) ?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #502 on: March 12, 2014, 03:09:48 AM »
by the way, i've been trying to find the API Link following the instructions in the wiki but when i push f12, among the strings there isn't anything similar to the one in the example..... anyone have my same problem (vpn is soooo slow) ?
I found that it was easier to find the API on Google Chrome compared to FireFox, but that was just me.

Also, are you keeping the VPN on the entire time you have the game on? As long as you let the game load completely and leave it on a completely loaded in-game screen it shouldn't be a problem if you just turn off the VPN and play using your regular internet at that point.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #503 on: March 12, 2014, 03:52:20 AM »
Modernizing with 5 Maruyu never fails?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #504 on: March 12, 2014, 08:14:21 AM »
Just checked and her uniform looks like that worn by the Kriegsmarine, so I think she'll be German if her nationality hasn't been revealed yet.
Now we just need an Italian craft and we'll finally have Hetalia for guys.

Espadas

« Reply #505 on: March 12, 2014, 01:41:41 PM »
Now we just need an Italian craft and we'll finally have Hetalia for guys.

Shut up and take my money!

Fun little fact that happened in the WW2: the italian and english navy considered each other incredibly dangerous and skilled because they were unable to get intel about the other, resulting in a sort of unplanned stall between them (up until the U-boots started sinking everything on sight)  :V

Returning in topic, from now on i'll always craft ships during the night! In the last 3 days i made 4 crafting attempts after midnight and i got Shimakaze, Houshou, Atago and Haruna!  :*

Totaku

« Reply #506 on: March 12, 2014, 09:19:43 PM »
Welp, the staff put up a new picture so here's a better look at our foreign Kanmusu with the two images combined.

And yeah we can be certain it's a Kergismarine ship.

To top it off, if I read translation correctly this is actually only one of 3 foreign Kanmusus that'll be introduced this update. That's right we might be getting 3 of them for this update.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #507 on: March 13, 2014, 12:59:06 AM »
To top it off, if I read translation correctly this is actually only one of 3 foreign Kanmusus that'll be introduced this update. That's right we might be getting 3 of them for this update.
Oh God three? My body is ready.

Also the consensus among the people on the wiki seems to be that the mystery ship is the light cruiser Emden.

Guess we'll find out Friday.

Oh man, I seriously hope we get Bismarck after all.

Totaku

« Reply #508 on: March 13, 2014, 06:08:22 AM »
Oh God three? My body is ready.

Also the consensus among the people on the wiki seems to be that the mystery ship is the light cruiser Emden.

Guess we'll find out Friday.

Oh man, I seriously hope we get Bismarck after all.

I kinda wish that was true, but based on what I read now from the recent tweet. Here's what we know about the forigen Kanmusus...

Two of the foreign Kanmusus will be Destoryers (which means the one in this picture is a destroyer) and....

The other one will be a battleship...

So yes, the odds it could be Bismarck might actually be very possible (or Tirpitz). It might also possibly be Scharnhorst or Gneisenau from the Scharnhorst-class. These are probably the battleships I could see making the cut into Kancolle ATM.

Either way I'm looking forward to it. I probably won't get my sub expedition done till Monday, but by then I'll start hunting for foreign Kanmusus while grinding for the event.
Now I Twitter

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #509 on: March 13, 2014, 07:50:08 AM »
I bet one will be quest-obtainable while the rest are in LSC........just what they might do just before an event.

Incidentally, that pic looks awfully trappy.