Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287517 times)

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #450 on: February 12, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
And I am finally done with big LSC recipes after picking up Akitsumaru with 4/2/5/5.2/20. Now all I need to do is to farm Maruyus for Taihou and Mutsu - and try and get Yahagi in the process.

Strangely enough, despite my use of these recipes, Zuikaku has eluded me until now.

How the heck do people even get that high? Are they playing round-the-clock or something? (coming from someone at around 15k-ish)

A lot of luck (at landing boss nodes), a lot of time and patients of grinding , and a big healthy supply of everything. That's basically the best tips I can give on that.

Really it's not an easy thing to do and it too ultimately becomes luck based. And no, I'm not aiming for the top 3 because you have to be a bloody NEET (to beat the scores on my servers at least) to even attempt that. 500 or so at the very least would satisfy me (Currently 796th in rank)

I haven't been able to LSC or anything so I'm holding off on that till after this month.

In the mean time, I'm going to give you the upcoming report.

Maintenance is tomorrow! (Valentine's Day in Japan) So far the staff confirmed in thier tweets of the following:

1. Hints regarding the marriage system AKA leveling Kanmusus beyond level 99

2. Hints pointing to Jintsuu getting her Kai 2 upgrade due to her sacrafice

3. Akatsuki will be given hourlies as well as additional dailouge.

4. Inazuma and Ikazuchi will get additional daialouge for resupplyin,g ect.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #451 on: February 13, 2014, 01:01:58 AM »
Just wondering how much points the top 500 have on your server Totaku. Mine has 234.

Also, does anyone have that image of the server list which showed the translated names of each server?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #452 on: February 13, 2014, 03:35:09 AM »
It'd be nice if I get Jintsuu so that I can have an extra fleet for expeditions before the event, but she continues to elude me.

At least I got Kuma back a couple of days ago.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #453 on: February 14, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »
Well it turns out it's some chain of quests to get documents for use in modernization. (Or you can just buy the item from the shop)

First do a construction quest that tells you to scrap 2 equipment.
Then win twice in PVP.
Then have a level 90-99 ship in your fleet.
Then sortie to 2-3 and win at the boss node with a level 90-99 ship.
Then you get the Documents and Ring item. Go to Modernization screen and modernize a level 99 with it.
(The next quest is a composition quest of having a level 100 as flagship with 5 other ships. Reward is a futon......)

They also level up to level 100 and their stat caps are released (and the 150 firepower cap also increases) and get an HP boost, extra luck, and 15% reduction of resource use.

Guess I'll marry Murakumo as my first since she's been with me for the entire game already.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:48:43 AM by Genso »

Totaku

« Reply #454 on: February 14, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »
Just wondering how much points the top 500 have on your server Totaku. Mine has 234.

Also, does anyone have that image of the server list which showed the translated names of each server?

I'm from the Beunei server. And I'll point this out ATM, currently as of today to get to 500th place you need at least 270 points. To get into first place....You need...953. I should note I watched the individual in the top 3 and they seem to accumulate 40-50 every 12 hours! This suggest they have an insanely high resource gathering to have peforomed something of this feet and that they are most liekly NEETs. So unless you have Kaguya teir neetdom in you. I wouldn't even DARE try to even complete to the top 3. Oh and as I stand, I'm now 618th place! I can say now that the top 500 is pretty much inches from my own grasps now. When I get there, I just need to maintain it till the end of the month.

Also let me go ahead and explain the update:

1. Marriage system implemented. You can marry your first Kanmusu for free if you complete a series of quests (See Genso's post above) To make a harem, you're going to need to buy the ring and document sets for 700 DDM point each.

2. Married Kanmusu limtiers have been released, Genso explained it clearly above.

3. Akatsuki, Inazuma, and Ikazuchi get new lines.

4. New furniture you can get at the fruniture shop

5. Special fruniture can be obtained if you complete a certain quest. (Hint: It centers around marriage.)

6. Also you get some chocolate, which you can convert to resources if you like
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:21:18 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #455 on: February 14, 2014, 03:02:37 PM »
It's gonna take awhile for me to level Kuma to max since I'm in the midst of attempting to obtain Verniy and I hate changing my fleet composition to accommodate one girl, but since it doesn't seem like there's a time limit I should be fine.

S'gonna take awhile though.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #456 on: February 19, 2014, 11:43:11 PM »
Not really involved in this yet, and only just becoming aware.

Mainly because of the one who seems to be the poster girl popping up everywhere, Kongou. Who makes me think 'Rika's Older Navy-based sister?'

You know, cause Tanks.

Still, mild interest growing due to it popping up here and there.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #457 on: February 20, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »
Would people say that Shimakaze or Kongou are the poster girls of the game?

Or would they be kinda like the Marisa and Reimu of the game now in terms of popularity? :V

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #458 on: February 20, 2014, 02:49:30 AM »
Would people say that Shimakaze or Kongou are the poster girls of the game?

Or would they be kinda like the Marisa and Reimu of the game now in terms of popularity? :V
I'm none too sure about that. Kongou is definitely iconic - voice and design and all. Shimakaze, on the other hand, after the initial boom, not so much, IMHO. I feel she's more infamous than famous, really.

« Reply #459 on: February 20, 2014, 03:05:38 AM »
It's kind of weird, too, since I'm pretty sure Fubuki was meant to be the mascot of the game. Kongou's personality just overshadows her, it seems.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #460 on: February 20, 2014, 04:32:12 AM »
Fubuki suffers from totally average main character syndrome. Even the other starters have a little something-else that makes them stand out.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #461 on: February 20, 2014, 05:29:15 AM »
Fubuki suffers from totally average main character syndrome. Even the other starters have a little something-else that makes them stand out.
Though most of them picked Inazuma :V

Which is why Inazuma is one of the more popular destroyers out there.

In all honesty that's why I would see Shimakaze as the Marisa, as being an iconic character for Kancolle, she's still overshadowed by Kongou (who would be the Reimu of the shipgurls).

Then again, Shimakaze now has her own manga story
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:38:29 AM by Gpop »

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #462 on: February 20, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »
I don't think you can really compare any Kancolle character to Reimu or Marisa status mainly because Kancolle has no real protagonists.  The official works do have protagonists but it seems to be different depending on the series (or so I've heard).

Isn't the anime supposed to be from her point of view?  :V

As for game updates, I'm officially done with regular construction thanks to getting Hachi the other day.  Now I can focus on a single LSC a day for Yahagi and work on building better equipment.  Also managed to break 600 Buckets.  :toot:

Totaku

« Reply #463 on: February 20, 2014, 05:14:11 PM »
Comparing them to Touhou characters... probably wouldn't work...

Comparing them to Pokemon on the other hand seems to make them more interesting. :P

Either way, I might as well give you a heads up for the upcoming update:

1. Update is set for the 26th

2. Jintsuu is getting her Kai-2 upgrade finally

3. Possibility of a new map (5-4?)

4. A new mission to be added as well

5. A certain Aircraft Carrier with a funny shaped bow is going to get some new dialogue
Now I Twitter

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #464 on: February 22, 2014, 12:37:36 AM »
I'm kind of seeing the Kongou as popular-ish, at least to my view, because at first I thought the Kongou-class battlecruiser especially the first one was, yeah, iconic. This opinion roots from the games I've played on the days of old, namely the ship boss in Area 88 (AKA. U.N. Squadron in English), a crab boss in Darius II, and some other similarly-looking ships.
That was what I first thought. After several look-ups with other ships...I went ahead and kinda screwed that thought, because the cruisers all seem to be similar, if not examined too closely. -x-

...Ooh, and then some people see Reimu in Kongou. I think I know why -- miko outfit. I think they probably have not seen miko/shrine maiden outfits much, and they happen to see Reimu, among all the miko/shrine maiden characters out there.

Misc:
All-time/Overall favorite: Kongou
Current Favorite: Kaga, following the fellow carriers especially Akagi

===============
I'm currently hyped of this fandom right now, or something, even though I haven't really started playing it. >w<;;

Hnn, how do you even get in to the game? Because when I log in, all of which look like servers always seem full. ;w;
Does it refresh itself, or do I have to refresh itself to update the server's latest status?
Aah, to add up, when we play on one server, do we continue our progress only in that server, or we can resume in any other server?
EDIT: Oh wait, this gets answered now... Putting here for others' reference, for those not getting the ones in the wiki page like the way I understood things. *snip!*
<Lloyd> How is that possible, I haven't even able to log in to any of their servers. ;w;
<Rhode> Lloyd: You watch their Twitter to figure out when they're doing lotteries, and then follow the directions on the wiki to enter said lotteries.
<Rhode> I can't really explain it better than that because words fail me tonight. orz
<Lloyd> So in other words, does that lottery reserve you a spot for whichever server, for the rest of the day until the next lottery?
<Amra> lloyd: no, a permanent account
<Lloyd> I've...been through that lottery page in the wiki, but...I'm not sure I understood it the way it should be understood...
<Rhode> No, if you win one of the spots in the lottery, you have permanent access to the server that's being opened that day.
<Lloyd> Oh...
<Lloyd> I thought it was first-come-first-server every, like, 24hrs...
[...]
<Lloyd> Reading the Lottery part in the wiki again makes much more sense now. I guess I just needed a more specific answer that it wasn't able to answer in the page. ;w;
<Lloyd> Thanks much!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:32:22 AM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Red Frost

« Reply #465 on: February 25, 2014, 02:53:36 AM »

I think I'll start leveling Jintsuu now.

Totaku

« Reply #466 on: February 25, 2014, 07:01:24 AM »

I think I'll start leveling Jintsuu now.

Already (trying) to do that as is.

I'm still doing my rank battle which I'm going to say here... once this month is over, I'm not battling for rank again anytime soon. Currently at 412th place in Beunei. All I'm aiming is to maintain it for the rest of these last few days.

But anyways as a reminder to all players here's what we know regarding this week's maintaince (2/26)

1. Jintsuu's getting Kai Ni treatment (that's a given by now)

2. New map (supected to be 5-4)

3. New expidition / quest

4. Ryuujou is getting some new lines

5. Another light aircraft carrier that wanted to go to San Fransisco is going to be given a special art upgrade to her kai form. hint: She was formerly a cruise liner before being converted to an Aircraft carrier.

6. New music is expected to come with this update as well.
Now I Twitter

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #467 on: February 25, 2014, 08:58:29 AM »
Another Kai Ni? Hoo, boy. Just when I thought I was getting close to finishing Kai 2s (Hibiki at 63 and Kinugasa at 47). Besides that, I picked up Akigumo as a drop recently - so the only 2 ships I still can't find are Yahagi and Zuikaku. Oh, and Uzuki and Yayoi. I think I've spent at least 50 carrier recipe attempts by now.

Interesting....

You know, commenting about doujin activities where Kancolle is concerned, I expected plenty of art, but I sure didn't expect the music circles to pick it up the way they did. Any speculation as to why? Or is it normal?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:06:16 AM by qMyon »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #468 on: February 25, 2014, 01:59:25 PM »
Oh, that should be interesting!

I'm fairly excited for Jintsuu's Kai 2 as well, but I likely won't get around to leveling her until I finish up with Hibiki.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #469 on: February 25, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »
This game has music? :V
Let's fight.

Red Frost

« Reply #470 on: February 26, 2014, 11:24:49 AM »
New Hiyou art
http://www54.atpages.jp/kancollem/kcviewer.php?pn=283

New Jintsuu art (dat confidence<3)
http://www54.atpages.jp/kancollem/kcviewer.php?pn=159

(NSFW because torn clothes)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #471 on: February 26, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »
Hmm, 5-4's not that hard, it seems. The only scary bit I've encountered so far is the night-battle node in the middle route - two flagship Ta-class.....good thing the rest are destroyers. Seems to be on par with 5-2. Been using 3xCLT 3xBB so far. Dropped Yayoi on my first run, so I'm satisfied.

Totaku

« Reply #472 on: February 26, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »
Ok now that maintaince is done time to give a rundown on the update:

1) Map 5-4 (Tokyo Express) implemented.  It will have very tough opponents but your fleet composition and equipment can affect your route and thus enemies encountered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Express

2) Jintsu kai-ni implemented.  She will also include a new item which will have a special effect during night battles.

3) New art for Hiyo-kai, normal and damaged forms.

4) Two new items implemented.  Searchlight and Transport oil barrels.  The oil barrels can be obtained via missions and crafting.

4a) Searchlight effects: When the equipped kanmusu has 2 or more HP left, it will use the searchlight ability during night battles.
All friendly ships will have increased accuracy

Increased friendly ship cut-in attack percentage

Reduced enemy cut-in attack percentage

Searchlight equipped ship will be targetted more often by the enemy, and enemy accuracy increase against ship

4b) Oil barrels effects: Used in missions and expeditions that are the 'Tokyo Express' type.  A high level Destroyer squadron with lots of barrels will succeed at these missions.  Also barrel equipped fleets can trigger different routes on Tokyo Express maps such as 5-4 and resource nodes will give increased amounts per barrel equipped.

5) Resource usage adjustments

Kongo class Kai2 - Ammo/Fuel use down (buff)

Ooi/Kitakami Kai2 - Ammo use up (nerf)

Agano class - Ammo use down (buff)

Agano class Kai - Ammo/Fuel use down (buff)

6) New BGM.  5-4 includes a new BGM, '2nd Destroyer Squadron's Wake'.  5-4 boss and maps 2 through 4 will also include a new boss BGM 'Reload complete, return to battle!'

7) New voices: Jintsu kai has new resupply and idle voices.  Jintsu kai-ni has new battle voices.  Ryujo kai has new resupply and idle voices.  Shikinami kai has new resupply, idle, and wedding (kari) HQ voices.

8) Crafting update: Zero Model 62 and Oil Barrels can now be crafted.  Your flagship will be important as always

9) New expeditions and missions: Northern waters Rat Transport, Fleet Exercises, and Tokyo Express has been implemented.  Rewards from expeditions, Merchant ship destruction and Seaplane base construction increased.

New missions have also been implemented

10) Sonar buff: Sonar equipped with depth charges will not only increase accuracy but damage as well now vs submarines

11) New furniture: Hinamatsuri furniture has been added.

12) Ship types that can equip the Searchlight.  DD, CA, CL, CAV, Fast BB, and Seaplane Tenders

I'm still 16 levels shot, but I'm looking forward to getting Jintsuu upgraded finally.

Also for some additional info regarding 5-4 there are new drops there.

Agano class confirmed for boss drop
I-19 confirmed for boss drop (YES!!!)
Zuikaku confirmed for boss drop

Good luck on your hunt / missions cause it sounds like our hands will be quite full here.
Now I Twitter

highzealot

« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2014, 04:41:42 AM »
I think I lost all chance at getting top 500.

Top reasons: poor decisions early on in the month, not bothering to finish 5-3 not thinking that an easy 5-4 would be released and poor luck

I'm mad and sad right now.

Totaku

« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
I think I lost all chance at getting top 500.

Top reasons: poor decisions early on in the month, not bothering to finish 5-3 not thinking that an easy 5-4 would be released and poor luck

I'm mad and sad right now.
Sorry to hear that. I can understand that considering that took my by surrpise to (I haven't even gotten to world 5)

However since I am a rather persistant fellow and gained rougly 30-40k per day during my last week.

Today I had to execute an emergency maneuver to keep myself afloat (IE Play 4-1 and pray I hit the boss nodes) I luckily got enough to make 20k which miiiiiiiight be enough to maintain myself in the top 500. (I was 451st place, and it's now midnight in Japan)

Since it's now midnight over in Japan. I'm going to day this....

After going through what I experienced with Rank battle. I'm not partaking in that again. @_@ Not until I can restock a huge supply of everything.

Rank battle took it's toll on me and I feel like a train wreck now. I do however think I made it in the top 500
So here's hoping I'll be able to earn myself Feburary's top 500 prizes.

In the meantime I want to point out that... a Famitsu live Nicovideo had just ended and an editor that works among the Kancolle staff mentioned some interesting tidbits...

1. He recommends that all players should try to complete those long sub expeditions before the Foreign Ship update (!!!)
2. There's going to be a something for us awaiting when the first anniversary of Kancolle comes up (April 23rd)

That's about all I heard ATM.

So now that rank battle is over I'm going to

1. Make like a yukkuri and take it easy.
2. Focus on Expiditions
3. Train kanmusu at a more gradual pace
4. Unlock World 5

Update: https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/439210106660458496 Forgien ships are coming in MARCH!!!

Update #2: Expidition is key to gaining access to your first foreign ships! (at least that's what is planned ATM)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:30:04 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »
1. He recommends that all players should try to complete those long sub expeditions before the Foreign Ship update (!!!)
Oh man.  Please let there be some Bismarck.

highzealot

« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2014, 09:49:14 PM »
I'm actually confused on when the rankings reset. I assumed it was about 6 hours ago when it became March in Japan and that the rank update about 3 hours ago would show the final rankings but right now the rankings is showing for a new month and I have 25 points implying that the rank reset earlier that I thought it was. If the last rankings I saw of February which was about 8 hours ago was actually the final rankings and not the second final rankings, it would mean I placed top 500 barely.

/Edit: According to /jp/ you won't known how you did till monthly rewards come out. Fairly sure I failed then but I think I'm over failing now. It was a nice learning experience. Shame it feels like 5-4 might be replacing 5-2 making future attempts tougher.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:43:12 AM by highzealot »

Totaku

« Reply #477 on: March 03, 2014, 03:03:30 PM »
I'm actually confused on when the rankings reset. I assumed it was about 6 hours ago when it became March in Japan and that the rank update about 3 hours ago would show the final rankings but right now the rankings is showing for a new month and I have 25 points implying that the rank reset earlier that I thought it was. If the last rankings I saw of February which was about 8 hours ago was actually the final rankings and not the second final rankings, it would mean I placed top 500 barely.

/Edit: According to /jp/ you won't known how you did till monthly rewards come out. Fairly sure I failed then but I think I'm over failing now. It was a nice learning experience. Shame it feels like 5-4 might be replacing 5-2 making future attempts tougher.

Pretty much this, we won't know how we did till later this month, all I can hope for is that I held out well enough.

Anyways, FINALLY made it to world 5. So I going to try to bull doze through that area once I get my bauxite replenished.

But while we're all waiting the devs have left some new notes for March's update:

The plans for this month's update will be to...

Implement a new map (That right a new map is going to pop up after such short notice)
A new item
new hourlies for some Kanmusu (not saying who ATM)

Some things that have been confirmed by the devs regarding the first foreign Kanmusu you'll be able to obtain.

You will be definitely needing to get your I subs (meaning I-19, I-8, I-58, I-168, and I-401) send them out and complete the long sub expeditions. (as in expeditions like 29 and 30)

So if you haven't gotten your subs yet.... start collecting them cause you're going to need them now more than ever if you want a foreign Kamusu.

Also as a reminder this week is simply a maintenance update so no changes to the game this week.
Now I Twitter

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #478 on: March 03, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
Anyways, FINALLY made it to world 5. So I going to try to bull doze through that area once I get my bauxite replenished.

But while we're all waiting the devs have left some new notes for March's update:

The plans for this month's update will be to...

Implement a new map (That right a new map is going to pop up after such short notice)
A new item
new hourlies for some Kanmusu (not saying who ATM)

Some things that have been confirmed by the devs regarding the first foreign Kanmusu you'll be able to obtain.

You will be definitely needing to get your I subs (meaning I-19, I-8, I-58, I-168, and I-401) send them out and complete the long sub expeditions. (as in expeditions like 29 and 30)

So if you haven't gotten your subs yet.... start collecting them cause you're going to need them now more than ever if you want a foreign Kamusu.

Also as a reminder this week is simply a maintenance update so no changes to the game this week.

Thank goodness I have my full subteam...

Have fun in world 5, by the way. 5-1 and 5-2 are easy-peasy as long as you have well-leveled ships, but 5-3's a killer - basically a non-regenerating version of E-4 (the one where you pick up Hachi). RNGfest, full sparkle almost mandatory. I got through it by cheesing the map with Iona during the Arpeggio event.  :V

Having that new searchlight might help, though.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #479 on: March 03, 2014, 03:21:43 PM »

The expedition for the foreign girl isn't going to be a limited time thing, is it? Or is there any word on that yet?