Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287471 times)

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #420 on: January 29, 2014, 12:25:18 PM »
Looks like playing with an API Link isn't going to work anymore...  :fail:

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #421 on: January 29, 2014, 02:16:26 PM »
Yayoi reminds me of Patchy somehow.
You're not the only one.
Looks like playing with an API Link isn't going to work anymore...  :fail:
Where'd you get that from? Working fine over here. They've been doing small fixes for a while after the patch though, maybe you just need a fresh connect.

6 Yamato recipes in, only Ises and Kongous so far. :flamingv:
Let's fight.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #422 on: January 29, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »
I think it's with how the API now refreshes every 1.5 hours, and creates an entirely new one while the old one doesn't work anymore.

Or so I've heard. I've yet to try out API myself yet (but I will once I get around to playing this game again :V)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #423 on: January 29, 2014, 02:36:40 PM »
You're not the only one.Where'd you get that from? Working fine over here. They've been doing small fixes for a while after the patch though, maybe you just need a fresh connect.

They're flushing API links every 1.5 hours. Quite the inconvenience. Hopefully, it's just temporary.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #424 on: January 29, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
Oh huh, fair enough. I guess I just assumed they were patching things those times. Oh well, whatever, it'll help me to waste less time on this silly thing at least. :V
Let's fight.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #425 on: January 29, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »
So, regarding the update, here's what has been confirmed:

1. Verniy has new dialogue for ideal timing, hourlies, ect.

2. Mochizuki has additional dialouge upon her first upgrade.

3. 6 new quests were added , some are prerequisite to others, and others are weeklies

4. I-8 is craftiable via normal construction!

5. graphic tweaks to Ushio and Ooshio

6. New Mutuski class destoryers, Yayoi and Uzuki have been added in!! Collect them from world 2 to 5 for Yayoi and the boss nodes of World 3 to 5 for Uzuki!

Now regarding the API issues. I think this patch brought upon some things that may require an new API link so I've decided to fire up the and get a new API.

So right now, I have access to the game.

I heard rumors that the API randomly renews itself, it that's true then I'll see about it once that happens.

Though I did hear this problem seem to have surfaced not just with users outside of Japan, but also with people in Japan as well.

So there's a chance this may be an unintended bug that came with the patch. But there's nothing regarding it yet. All I can do is keep my eye on the twitter for possible updates from the staff.

edit: Not sure if this is from Kowadawa or DMM but more or less there's been a modification to the java script that basiclly lets it know when you AFK and as a result turns the API link off when you are not actively playing it. Thus you have to renew the API link AGAIN if you AFK too long.

At this point this may be an error or a hidden security measure.

Info found here http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=298&start=50#p17765

Edit 2: Seems people play on DDM are also getting this. So this may be an actual bug the more I look into it. I serious hope this gets fixed.

Edit 3: Well the staff finally tweeted about this and it's not pretty.

不正利用者への対策について
マクロやチートなどの不正接続者への対応強化に伴い、外部ツール利用等の利用規約外の接続をされている場合、その環境によっては通信が遮断される場合があります。その場合は、お手数おかけします、利用規約に則った接続をお願いできますと幸いです

Long story short, this was intentional to keep botters and outside programs like Kacolle viewer ans Commie Sub's translation patch away. And it'll affect EVERYONE else who uses API since it vailolates the terms of agreement. So in other words VPN or bust! (or you can deal with constant 30-90 minute replacement of API links)

Edit 4: Ok seems like thier idea of the API check failed for Kowadawa and they were forced to purge the system. But strengthen the defenses. So this might mean you can reattempt to log in use API again.

Keep in mind, it may be only temporary till they can come up with a new way to secure thier site.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 05:02:43 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #426 on: January 30, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
Going to post a new post since this doesn't pertain to the update.

I'm mainly curious how everyone's going about managing with thier Kanmusu since the next update won't be till Feb. 14

Since APIs are now a concern, I've been using the VPN on and off method to play directly from the website. Seems to work for me (been playing 3 hours and still going without errors). So I've been playing regularly as long as I'm by my computer. So I'm managing my Kanmusu and training them.

This week I've managed to upgrade Kongou, Shigure, Isuzu, and Kinugasa to thier Kai-2 upgrades!

Hopefully this weekend (or the next one) I'll be able to take down the Armored Aircraft Hime in World 4-4.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 05:03:35 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #427 on: January 30, 2014, 05:27:29 PM »
I Googled split vpn traffic and found out about creating and configuring split tunnel Client VPN so I can have my VPN on all the time without affected anything non-Kancolle related. That's how I got around the problem.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #428 on: January 30, 2014, 07:59:24 PM »
Unfortunately, I have to hit the lottery again due to the API thing.  The email I used for my original account had an expiry thing that I wasn't aware about, so when the whole API thing came up for me yesterday, I got on DMM with my old account for a new API, left because I was frustrated that it wasn't loading as fast as I was used to, and logged off again. Once I tried to log back on, the security page hit me where it wanted to send an email to my account to ensure that I was the one using it aaaand that's when I found out the email I'd used to register expired.

Aw well. Maybe a fresh start will do me some good.

I'll be happy as long as I get Kuma again, which shouldn't be too hard though I'll have to get through the lottery first.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #429 on: January 30, 2014, 10:09:30 PM »
I think DMM removed the API refreshing check? I've been using the same API for a few hours now (since that emergency maintenance) and I haven't needed to refresh at all  :V

highzealot

« Reply #430 on: January 30, 2014, 11:46:10 PM »
I think DMM removed the API refreshing check? I've been using the same API for a few hours now (since that emergency maintenance) and I haven't needed to refresh at all  :V

That's what I have heard and I believe it but I'm gonna keep using VPN for maybe a week or less incase they try to implement a different security measure which doesn't screw their servers over.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #431 on: January 31, 2014, 01:54:02 AM »
Unfortunately, I have to hit the lottery again due to the API thing.  The email I used for my original account had an expiry thing that I wasn't aware about, so when the whole API thing came up for me yesterday, I got on DMM with my old account for a new API, left because I was frustrated that it wasn't loading as fast as I was used to, and logged off again. Once I tried to log back on, the security page hit me where it wanted to send an email to my account to ensure that I was the one using it aaaand that's when I found out the email I'd used to register expired.

I'll be happy as long as I get Kuma again, which shouldn't be too hard though I'll have to get through the lottery first.

Owww......that's inconvenient.

Red Frost

« Reply #432 on: January 31, 2014, 06:49:31 AM »
Didn't expect things to settle down so quickly but I'm glad to be back (decided to take a break).  A few days before maintenance I was lucky enough to get Taihou on my very first attempt at her.  Aside from farming for Maruyu (I'll probably try that later), all I really need is Yahagi from LSC and Hachi from regular construction.  Only other ships I really want are Yuugumo and Shoukaku and they're usually event drops.

May your love for your shipdaughters live on in your new account.  It might be expensive at first but you could always try spamming the rare DD/Sub recipe in hopes of Kuma and other rares.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #433 on: January 31, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »
May your love for your shipdaughters live on in your new account.  It might be expensive at first but you could always try spamming the rare DD/Sub recipe in hopes of Kuma and other rares.
That was actually gonna be my plan, though I doubt I'll be able to get any subs since I'd failed to construct even one on my old account.  I had managed to get Yukikaze and Shimakaze though.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #434 on: February 01, 2014, 02:44:31 PM »
Awww yiss. Goddamn finally. Only took me about ...50,000 steel.

Still waiting on a Mutsu and a Shoukaku, though. Taihou, maybe not for a while. :colonveeplusalpha:
Let's fight.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #435 on: February 01, 2014, 02:50:53 PM »
Awww yiss. Goddamn finally. Only took me about ...50,000 steel.

Still waiting on a Mutsu and a Shoukaku, though. Taihou, maybe not for a while. :colonveeplusalpha:

Gratz! Mutsu you can probably get from the min LSC recipe - but Shoukaku is probably best obtained from event maps.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #436 on: February 01, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »
Kaku sisters are the byproducts of Taihou recipes.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #437 on: February 01, 2014, 03:39:19 PM »
Hell yeah, finally got back in last night!

Time to work my way back up.

« Reply #438 on: February 01, 2014, 05:26:39 PM »
I got my first Shimakaze this morning and I hate her already. I'm never going to complain about Goya being annoying ever again.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #439 on: February 01, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
>Tries to craft Shimakaze
>Gets Yukikaze instead

FUCK

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #440 on: February 02, 2014, 09:04:32 AM »

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #441 on: February 02, 2014, 02:09:59 PM »
Is Hiryuu supposed to be rare? I got her and Soryuu by playing with the numbers when I had too much bauxite and only Akagi as carrier so I always thought she was relatively easy to get.

Also:
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

highzealot

« Reply #442 on: February 02, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »

Totaku

« Reply #443 on: February 06, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »
This week's maintenance was simply... maintenance to prepare for the next update.

As of this point, I should probably note that the staff has been hinting things regarding married life in thier tweets as of lately.

In fact the next update in the plans is for Feburary 14th which they plan to release a new system into the game

Which is most likely...The Marriage System

That's right we will ultimately be able to make our ship girls into our ship waifus in a matter of time!

As far as I'm aware there are specific conditions that were hinted through various magazines about the marriage system that you have to do in order to make your ship girl into your ship waifu and they are as followed.

1. Your Kanmusu has to be leveled up to level 99.
2. You have to obtain a specific item for your Kanmusu in order to marry her (most likley a ring or dress maybe?)

What happen once you marry your ship girl leads to some interesting results.

1. Level cap is released, you can level up beyond Level 99.
2. Fire power cap is increased.
3. Your ship waifu might be able to come back from being sunk once per sortie. (Need a confirmed source for this)

The other thing I heard is that you will be limited to marry one ship girl per ship class (Need confirmation on this)
So in other words, One BB, One CV, One CVL, One CA, One CL, one DD, and one SS most likely.

I guess the question to ask now is... which Kanmusu will you plan to marry?

If all the confirmed information above is true, then I know I will probably plan to hitch up with Isuzu, Kongou, Atago, Souryuu, and Shigure.

(I probably marry Isuzu first though, she's cute in my book)
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #444 on: February 06, 2014, 04:11:01 PM »
What happen once you marry your ship girl leads to some interesting results.

1. Level cap is released, you can level up beyond Level 99.
2. Fire power cap is increased.
3. Your ship waifu might be able to come back from being sunk once per sortie. (Need a confirmed source for this)

The other thing I heard is that you will be limited to marry one ship girl per ship class (Need confirmation on this)
So in other words, One BB, One CV, One CVL, One CA, One CL, one DD, and one SS most likely.
This is only furthering my resolve to get Kuma back, haha.

If the one per class thing is true though, then I'll need to put some thought into the others.

Red Frost

« Reply #445 on: February 07, 2014, 02:44:24 AM »
Never bothered to level up Naka to second remodel

Naka's a free space.

DD - Inazuma (starter), Kuroshio, Murasame, Akatsuki, Mutsuki, Shigure, Yuugumo (if I ever get her)
SS - Iku
BB - Kirishima
CVL - Shouhou
CV - ... Souryuu?
CL - Tenryuu (Noshiro would be nice too)
CA - Atago or Nachi.  Atago's adorable but something about Nachi clicked with me.
If it's just one, it's a tie between Kirishima, Tenryuu, Nachi, and Atago.

highzealot

« Reply #446 on: February 07, 2014, 05:36:45 AM »
Anyone trying to get into the top 500 this month? I've been trying hard so far farming 5-2. Currently holding around 2k and slowly rising I think but it's a pretty uphill battle. I think I can do it....maybe.

I'll be marrying Imuya. She is love.

Totaku

« Reply #447 on: February 07, 2014, 03:41:49 PM »
Anyone trying to get into the top 500 this month? I've been trying hard so far farming 5-2. Currently holding around 2k and slowly rising I think but it's a pretty uphill battle. I think I can do it....maybe.

Currently I am, I'm in the 1500's and I'm learning how much effort it takes to get into the top 500, it's rather scary. ^^;; I just hope I can hold out the whole month (21 more days to go...)
Now I Twitter

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #448 on: February 11, 2014, 11:28:55 PM »
I want to make Hachi my wife, but I have to build her first! ;-;

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #449 on: February 12, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »
And I am finally done with big LSC recipes after picking up Akitsumaru with 4/2/5/5.2/20. Now all I need to do is to farm Maruyus for Taihou and Mutsu - and try and get Yahagi in the process.

Strangely enough, despite my use of these recipes, Zuikaku has eluded me until now.

Currently I am, I'm in the 1500's and I'm learning how much effort it takes to get into the top 500, it's rather scary. ^^;; I just hope I can hold out the whole month (21 more days to go...)

How the heck do people even get that high? Are they playing round-the-clock or something? (coming from someone at around 15k-ish)