Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287474 times)

Sana

• Good gravy!
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2014, 06:46:10 AM »
I started playing this recently, the RNG is broken >:<
I tried building a battleship like 6 times, rolled Kako for 3 of them and other assorted CAs for the rest.

I'm also sad because it feels like the game has a lot of potential(team building/RPG mechanics, lots of unit variety without silly "S rare>everything else" like Im@s Cinderella Girls, etc.) but it got turned into "watch numbers appear, clothes disappear, put in resources and hope you rolled something good" :<

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2014, 06:56:18 AM »
Woah it's Sana.

And the battleship recipes only have 20% chance of giving BBs and half the time they're going to be Ise/Fusou Class anyway.

In other news I tried default LSC crafting 3 times, 5 hours each, now I have 4 Mutsus.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #392 on: January 11, 2014, 07:07:12 AM »
hi sana

If you just started, it might be better to let resources grow instead of aiming right for a battleship or aircraft carrier. You can do the 30-all recipe to clear the daily quest and make some profit too. And if you get lucky, you can get a starter battleship or even a carrier when you run 1-4.

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #393 on: January 11, 2014, 07:30:34 AM »
ohi jan

I'm actually at 2-1 right now, had to put in a bunch of CAs to get through 1-4 though. :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #394 on: January 11, 2014, 08:22:14 AM »
Oh hey Sana, feels like long time no see. :V

Have yet to get anything good from the Large Sub Collider, so far the Yamato hunt has only given me a Kirishima and an Ise. I've also been knocking on 4-4... the 鬼 at the end is certainly interesting. Only one victory so far, looks like destruction will take a while.
Let's fight.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2014, 02:30:23 AM »
Is this game IP blocked? Because I tried accessing it and now I can't even get on the site, let alone play the game.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2014, 07:12:21 AM »
Is this game IP blocked? Because I tried accessing it and now I can't even get on the site, let alone play the game.

It's limited to Japanese IPs, and you have to go through a lottery to register. See http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_How_to_Register and http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Proxy_Connection for more instructions.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2014, 11:12:32 PM »
Don't know if you been following up on this, but everyone's kantai idol has gotten an upgrade.

She now can but up graded to at level 48 and to top it all off she has 48 HP (get it?)

Also there's been some tweaks to some CAs giving them a boost to thier firepower

and also the imfamous 3-2 steel node exploit has been removed.

Also another note....

Spoiler:
I lost Iku due to a simple mistake.... ;_;... I hope she'll be made avalaible again soon.... ;_;
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2014, 01:00:01 AM »
When I lose a kanmusu I don't let another one of her on the fleet again. For me each one is unique, if I lose them all I can do is to man up and hope it doesn't happen again. Exceptions are Gouya and Imuya because I need them to complete that 4 sub expedition but as soon as I finish it they are going to the scrapland.

On another note I cleared World 4 but can't go to 5 because I still have gotten past 3-2 :V
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #399 on: January 16, 2014, 02:02:36 AM »
Man, how do you guys keep losing ships? I haven't lost any at all yet (some would have gone in the last E-2 but I had repairs equipped in advance for the occasion).

I feel like I got super lucky with 3-2 because I cleared it first try with my fleet of level 20-30 destroyers. :V Finished 3-4 a while back, working on 4-4 currently.

Large Sub Collider used 4 times, only Kongou/Ise class ships so far. Yamato's going to take a while, but I can at least hope she's going to pay for herself, right? :V Also on the hunt for a Mutsu as she's the only one between #1 and #105 I've yet to acquire, but it's slow going. Anyone know what the best place to search for a drop of her is? I've been doing 3-3 but no luck yet.
Let's fight.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #400 on: January 16, 2014, 02:40:16 AM »
I've only ever lost two ships so far, both were light carriers back when I wasn't as cautious as I am now.

On an unrelated note, I had a pretty good day for ships. On my first attempt at large ship construction I managed to snag a Nagato and I got a Shimakaze almost right after using normal construction.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2014, 03:02:56 AM »
I lost one ship - Kako - back when I still wasn't used to things.

On the construction side, I think I drained my RNG favor when I got Yamato on my first LSC - grinding resources for Taihou, but nothing yet.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #402 on: January 16, 2014, 03:42:45 AM »
Never lost a lost a ship or emergency repair and I will firmly believe ships won't sink unless entering a new node at red until I see video proof. /jp/ (and my own experiences) has completely and utterly convinced me.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #403 on: January 20, 2014, 03:19:48 AM »
Well look at what I found :V

(PS: Dunno if this was already posted here but if it was yeah I'm slow)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #404 on: January 20, 2014, 03:53:14 AM »
Well look at what I found :V

(PS: Dunno if this was already posted here but if it was yeah I'm slow)

Wasn't posted, but I saw it before. I'm a bit leery of using it, though, given that you have to put in your API link (the reason why I don't use the viewers) and having to use their server. Add that to me not knowing what's going on behind the scenes and whether it's OK with DMM. I'm already used to the Japanese data anyways.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #405 on: January 20, 2014, 09:02:54 PM »
Finally found this thread, thx for the link Totaku!

Touhou 15: KanColle

As for ships I lost... welp, an underlevelled Hibiki when I got a spike lag on my screen and accidentally pressed "go forward" when I should've turned back ._.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:05:11 PM by DeltaSierra4 »
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #406 on: January 20, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »
I've yet to lose a ship, mostly because the ships are too precious for me to ever move forward when their health is in danger D:

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #407 on: January 20, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
Not technically Kancolle related, but I saw this earlier.

Kantai Collection's DMM Files 'Oshiro Collection' Trademark (ANN)

« Reply #408 on: January 21, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
Just found this thread and I already see some familiar faces. Hey DeltaSierra and Totaku, it's Clear!  :P

I've recently got into Kancolle and so far I've only lost 1 ship. Rest in piece Hatsuta, you sunk because I made a rookie mistake. D8
It's been 5 days since I've started and I feel like I'm progressing pretty slowly. I've just recently unlocked the 3rd fleet and cleared 2-3 with this fleet. Nagato putting in work and coming out unscathed! I was reading this thread and other places regarding 2-4 and I feel really underlevel'd. I mean, I see others clearing 2-4 with fleet's levels averaging around upper 20s and low 30s. o Ao

I've also been trying to craft Kongou (character that got me hooked into this game), but to no avail. All these battleships (I'm looking at you Nagato), are depleting my resources!

All in all, I'm really enjoying this game.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:41:50 AM by DevilMayQQ »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #409 on: January 21, 2014, 06:24:54 PM »
This has been my fleet for a good while, but I think once I remodel Hibiki for the last time and get her to five stars I'll switch it up to something with more battleships and carriers to tackle the harder stages.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2014, 04:47:27 PM »
How goes everyone's journey? Recently finished powerleveling Kiso, Isuzu and Suzuya. 5 more attempts at LSC, no Taihou in sight, but I got my first Maruyu.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2014, 05:42:37 PM »
Cleared 3-2 and 3-3. Got some heavy damage trying to clear 3-4 so I've spent the whole week repairing some girls. Leveled Naka from 35 to 49, Shiranui from 33 to 48, Zuihou from 16 to 31 and have been leveling Kuroshio (33), Hiei (53) and Mutsu (37). I only participate in the practice battles and its quests and the construction quests daily and I will take my time like this to gather resources to the next event without much rush.

Also finished the subs expedition and did as I said, so now I don't have neither Imuya nor Gouya anymore.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #412 on: January 24, 2014, 10:23:13 PM »
Super Kitakami-Sama and Ooi got to lvl 99 a while ago. Working on getting Imuya to 99 as she's my favourite girl. Currently lvl 86. At the moment I'm really just stockpiling resources for whenever Midway will be though I did blow over 30000 bauxite on LSC. At least I do have Taihou being built at the moment finally. Successful recipe was 4000/3500/6010/6000/20. Bauxite currently just over 7k compared to 37k fuel, 57k ammo and 19k steel. Strangely enough, I got every LSC only ship except Maruyu (excluding the Agano class) which I would have prefered over ships I already have. I wish I got more than one Akitsumaru for the boats as I probably won't do any more LSC until after Midway. Admiral level currently 78, started early October. Probably could be higher if I had bothered more with clearing world 3 and 4 earlier instead of just farming 3-2-A for a month or two but the events is where the fun's at. No reason to burn myself out on maps I could do anytime.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #413 on: January 25, 2014, 01:36:37 PM »
Super Kitakami-Sama and Ooi got to lvl 99 a while ago. Working on getting Imuya to 99 as she's my favourite girl. Currently lvl 86. At the moment I'm really just stockpiling resources for whenever Midway will be though I did blow over 30000 bauxite on LSC. At least I do have Taihou being built at the moment finally. Successful recipe was 4000/3500/6010/6000/20. Bauxite currently just over 7k compared to 37k fuel, 57k ammo and 19k steel. Strangely enough, I got every LSC only ship except Maruyu (excluding the Agano class) which I would have prefered over ships I already have. I wish I got more than one Akitsumaru for the boats as I probably won't do any more LSC until after Midway. Admiral level currently 78, started early October. Probably could be higher if I had bothered more with clearing world 3 and 4 earlier instead of just farming 3-2-A for a month or two but the events is where the fun's at. No reason to burn myself out on maps I could do anytime.

I got some RNG favour and picked up Taihou not very long after reading your post, using 4000/2000/5000/7000. I was so happy I was doing mental backflips! Strange thing is that I have yet to get Akitsumaru. I have a sneaking suspicion that she's rarer than Taihou or Yamato. Anyways, time to farm for Maruyus to bring up that horrible luck stat.

Now, if only I could find Zuikaku.....

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:39:27 PM by qMyon »

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #414 on: January 25, 2014, 01:47:04 PM »
I've been taking it pretty easy ever since the Arpeggio Event but I've gotten some good drops since then:
Ooi (WELCOME BACK ;___; )
Nagato (4k/6k/6k/3k/20)
Yamato (same recipe)
Agano (minimum LSC)

I'll probably stick with the min recipe in hopes of Yahagi but I'd like to try for Taihou since she might be handy for the upcoming event.

In other news, WonFes 19 has some KanColle goodies, but most of it is only available at the event (looks like I'll never get to enjoy whimsical bathtime).

Totaku

« Reply #415 on: January 25, 2014, 08:38:22 PM »
What have I been doing? Grinding to try to get Yamato, haven't been too successful as of yet. Other than that, making a mad attempt to complete the First Carrier Division crew (Hiryuu's only missing) so I can attempt to train all of my standard Aircraft carriers for the midway event.

Meanwhile, I'm also continue to look up information on up coming stuff.

As we all know, this week was a big voice pack update

Kaga's got hourlies (Which some fans are up in arms about) while the Mutsu goes Ara Ara, Isuzu's is a tsundere, abd Houshou talks about wanting to open a shop.

There's also furniture for the oni bean throwing ceremony event that's coming up in Japan as well as one old furniture that's returned.

Kitakami and Ooi get thier kai-2 naming issues fixed.

And to top it off they've boosted the security of thier detection measures in case people try to cheat (IE. people attempting to close thier browser in mid battle (that's not caused by a power outage or bad connection) and those that cheat by hacking the game will be notified by the staff's system and be at risk for getting banned.)

That's the summary of this weeks update.

Next week's update will be a big one too.

Verniy will get herself a big voice pack update, and also if the rumors are correct... expect new missions to boot.

Also I now do weekly Kancolle streaming session (along with other games) if anyone is interested. They're usually start between 6-7 AM GMT on Saturday and Sunday and last till 10-11 AM GTM (That's 12-5 AM Central time for those who live in the US)

I guess I'll put my link up here for those that wish to join but otherwise it's optional.
http://www.livestream.com/totaku
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:42:37 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #416 on: January 26, 2014, 03:26:40 AM »
I wish they would add hourlies to secretary lines so I could actually hear them.  If I leave the game unnattended it's on the docking screen or the expedition screen, and I'm either off doing something or working on the computer and listening to music.

Meanwhile, I'm also continue to look up information on up coming stuff.

Another girl is getting the Kai Ni treatment in the future.  The hint was "a ship that was sunk after turning on its searchlights at night" or something like that (I saw Jintsuu's name come up a few times).  We're also supposedly getting the Marriage System before the next event.

Totaku

« Reply #417 on: January 28, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »
I wish they would add hourlies to secretary lines so I could actually hear them.  If I leave the game unnattended it's on the docking screen or the expedition screen, and I'm either off doing something or working on the computer and listening to music.

Another girl is getting the Kai Ni treatment in the future.  The hint was "a ship that was sunk after turning on its searchlights at night" or something like that (I saw Jintsuu's name come up a few times).  We're also supposedly getting the Marriage System before the next event.

I'm aware of that, hint's suggest it's Jintsuu.

Based on reports from an article that was recently published it's believed the marriage system will be released on the week of Valentine's Day. Jintsuu's upgrade may come at or before that time frame. And since the next event for Kancolle is suppose to be out after the Marriage system. We can almost assure that it'll be out by the end of Feburary.

Now as for today's update, I will remind you note what now has been confirmed:

1. Verniey is getting new dialogue and hourlies.

2. A new mission (likely Sortie Mission 5-4)

3. Two new Destroyers will be added in!

Based on some tweets between the Kancolle staff and one of the artists involved in the game. The artist who's doing the destroyers is likely Kusada Souta (who did Kisaragi and Mutsuki) which may suggest we're going to get some of the remaining Mutsuki class destroyers that weren't put in before hand, course this is just a guess ATM. I'll be waiting till they release the update beofre proceeding onward.
Now I Twitter

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2014, 09:03:19 PM »
I should start playing again. Try to beat 2-4.
Can't let that Nagato I crafted go to waste.
Maybe when waifu mode is go.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #419 on: January 29, 2014, 10:40:40 AM »
Whoa.....Hachi is now constructable via normal construction. Have fun hunting that gold-rarity sub.

And 2 new destroyers....Yayoi reminds me of Patchy somehow.